Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I have been *waves hands* and always shall be *waves hands* Chris Roberts *drives away in a leased Porche*
:trustme:
edit: taxxe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

skeletors_condom posted:

No one can even conceptualise CIG's tech.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
Poison Taco checking in. BEHEAD THOSE (SJW) WHO INSULT ROBERTS! :argh:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

https://i.imgur.com/FXwuYlT.gifv

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man
Boredgamer reporting for duty.

Sorry about the total fanboy stuff - I went a bit too deep undercover there for a while, but I'm reevaluating now.

Anyone want to wing up and play Elite?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

You might know me as Wesha, certified millionaire.

Have you thought about taking public transportation? It'll let you save money to invest in ships and mechanics that don't exist. I'm a bum millionaire, AMA.

Dementropy fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Sep 3, 2019

skeletors_condom
Jul 21, 2017

Check out my thoughts on the -$890 as an org leader in a game that has no org mechanics or multicrew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lka-VOjoUaE

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Viscous Soda posted:

It may be over, but at the very least it'll go on for years.

Just look at the threads for Pathfinder Online

PFO is hilarious. They actually had two kickstarters.... one to raise money to pitch the game, then another to make the game since nobody would by the pitch.

Pathfinder already had an audience of malcontent grogs ready to eat up whatever bullshit was spoonfed to them. One particularly interesting note that sticks in my mind is the promise of NO NPCs or at least very very few, because the players would be the whole economy!

Anyway, they at least managed to fulfill all the physical rewards, since they were just books and poo poo that already exist and were sold at the time; and we're in true end game "Not dead just delayed" whereas there are between ONE and TWO people working on the game now. Every once in a while Bob manages to poo poo out another release with some mechanic or another implemented. Per this post they're not going to design another art asset for the game, just build code around whatever is there.

Pathfinder is strugglign with going to 2.0 right now (because if you form your loving company around people who hate change they aren't going to like it when you change) and Lisa has poped in to say that PFO will adopt 2.0 eventually.

But the game is basically dead at this point. https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/5788/?page=2

Also I forgot this but at one point they just said "Your free game time starts now login or lose it" lol so they think all the game time is delivered.

SoftNum fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 2, 2019

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

I am Annabelle "obviously a dude" Huxley!

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'm also gabe newell and tomorrow i will switch off steam
i'm fed up with all the negativity

reverend crabhands
Feb 3, 2016

Youch.

1mph over the Bahamas, scary poo poo. :boehner:

https://twitter.com/NOAASatellites/status/1168607561966379009

(tweets not unwrapping?)

reverend crabhands fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 2, 2019

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%
I'm Sandi.
Anyone need a neck hug?

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
I'm Matt_Daymun, and god drat do I hate that stealing hack David Braben :argh:

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi, I'm Sandi, and I can't deny it, I love necks.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

Hello, I'm WTFOSaurus.

Check out my Twitch comeback.

h3isenbug
Jun 5, 2016

Right Meow!
Plot twist:

39 year-old Hollywood shooting star Sandi Gardiner unexpectedly lands her first blockbuster movie starring as the young and beautiful wife of a sexy bear an uninspired novelist in "The Perception", enabling her to invest more than 50 million dollars of box office revenues back in Star Citizen.

"After years of exploiting resources paid for by backer's money in order to selfishly advance her career as an actress, she felt it was about time to give back to the community" an uncited source told the SA Forums.

Cevat Yerli (co-founder and greedy, vision-killing CEO of Crytek GmbH) reportedly burst into tears after hearing the news and immediately dropped the lawsuit looming over CIG heads.

In other news a reliable inside source revealed one of the many features that have been hidden from the roadmap: Alpha 3.7 will elegantly prove the Riemann hypothesis, so make sure you pledge as hard as you can and don't miss out on Citizencon 2949.

Peter.Quint
Mar 16, 2018

OK, I'm GioGetMoney, now don''t make me end your whole career.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

FYI I'm doing "going away probeartions" now, I think I've gotten everyone who asked but if you want one now's your chance (or just wait until we get to Games and I'll do it retroactively I guess, whatever)

I am absolutely far too lazy to probate the entire thread so you have to actually tell me you want one though.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I'm Ryan Archer, and I stole all the Photoshops I did.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Beet Wagon posted:

FYI I'm doing "going away probeartions" now, I think I've gotten everyone who asked but if you want one now's your chance (or just wait until we get to Games and I'll do it retroactively I guess, whatever)

I am absolutely far too lazy to probate the entire thread so you have to actually tell me you want one though.

Can I get a solidarity sixer for the grand tragedy that is the Ouya being dead while Star Citizen is still a twitching corpse on strings? No justice in this world I tell ya, gotta pour a few hours out for the fallen.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

SPERMCUBE.ORG
Nov 3, 2011

Space commies are th' biggest threat t' red-blooded American Freedom we got in th' future. So me and my boys got to talking over a few hot dogs the other day and this is what we came up with...

"The gameless again shall not have a game while the only refund any backer is offered is a broken dream." This guy is really good at saying Star Citizen is good.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

You can't probeartions me! You don't have the balls to do that, I have the power of being a Derek Smart alt, I have transcended the forums!

Dare you to try, double Derek dare ya!

Thanks, and thanks for you mod work, but most thanks for the Kayak - should have won best dog on SA!

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trucutru posted:

Before this thread is over I think it's only fair if we reveal our secret reddit usernames. I'll go first.

Hi, you may know me as Vertisce. (The clues were always there, the love for big titty anime waifus, the total lack of post quality, etc)

And I am (checks avatar) apparently a Beardy Weirdy.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf
Early Goonfleet knew that Test would be a formidable rival, so I went undercover as Montoya. The plan was to betray Test to Goonfleet at the worst possible time. But then Goonfleet hosed off and I've resorted to making angry videos because I'm super salty over the wasted efforts.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Beet Wagon posted:

I would like to be in an the Stupid Croudfunding Accomplishments Mausoleum death celebration 6rs.

Thanks.

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Beet Wagon posted:

As I'm new here... what is a probation and why would I want one? Is it what the cool kids get?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Nyast posted:

Seriously, look at this loving roadmap... Q2 2019...

15 tasks completed ?

For 500 people working during 3 months ?

Organic shader ? What the completley flying gently caress is this fuckery ? A task for a shader ? You know there are thousands of shaders in your typical game ? They made a TASK out of a SHADER ? What the...

"AI Spline Paths v2" ? That's just an iteration on a sub-component of a sub-component. It's not even the final version, mind you. Just v2. How many versions will there be ? 3 ? 4 ? 10 ? 50 ? Nobody knows. But yeah, backers are happy. It is progress !

"Player Free Look". Yep, this is high-complexity engineering requiring millions-of-dollars here guys. And how is this "free look" any different than the currently existing free look ?

"Curelife Medical Pen". Imagine the meetings, the hours with teams of dozens, that this insurmontable task must have required.

Sorry for meltdown.

How can they not already have this done? Regardless, this is almost a trivial thing. They are putting it in Q2 of next year?

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

IcarusUpHigh posted:

Croberts explaining how he's going to sneakily make his way down and out of the CIG offices when this whole debacle ends

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Posting from the past... We can get crobear probations? I want one :v:

I feel a sense of excitement and unease at the thought of this thread ending and a new one beginning

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Jonny Shiloh posted:

As I'm new here... what is a probation and why would I want one? Is it what the cool kids get?

It's basically a timeout a moderator can put you in if you're being dumb. You can read the forums but not post. The shortest interval is six hours, and it is used for anything from very light punishment to a joke. It goes in your permanent rap sheet, and some posters like collecting novelty ones. You can check some of your fellow posters' rap sheets to see if they have any (I think I have at least a few) or you can check the Leper's Colony to see the ones I'm handing out.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Kosumo posted:

Yes, it's true, I am B'Tak but I don't want to talk about it - I just don't want to be around anyone ok.

Not enough text formatting and cautious qualifications to be B'Tak

You're dismissed :smuggo:

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Beet Wagon posted:

It's basically a timeout a moderator can put you in if you're being dumb. You can read the forums but not post. The shortest interval is six hours, and it is used for anything from very light punishment to a joke. It goes in your permanent rap sheet, and some posters like collecting novelty ones. You can check some of your fellow posters' rap sheets to see if they have any (I think I have at least a few) or you can check the Leper's Colony to see the ones I'm handing out.

Hope you stay safe with that monster storm coming in btw

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

Beet Wagon posted:

Ya missed me!

Also thanks for all the mod stuff. Hope when new thread happens, you are still modding.

Parallelwoody
Apr 10, 2008

Bear me baby

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

Beet Wagon posted:

OK but I still don't get it - some people are asking to be drop kicked into the oubliette voluntarily? What's the point of that?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
Hit me with a 6r Beet!

I'm ready.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

I'll take one of your choice

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:
Please note that the mods have verified my credentials on my rap sheet tia

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Lord Stimperor posted:

Hope you stay safe with that monster storm coming in btw

Thanks! We're all buttoned up, nothing to do now but drink and wait patiently for death to claim me

Jonny Shiloh posted:

OK but I still don't get it - some people are asking to be drop kicked into the oubliette voluntarily? What's the point of that?

They think it's funny to have a permanent thing on their rap sheet, that's all. You don't have to do it if you don't care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

I wanted you to probate the whole thread, but let's begin with a sixer!