Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
I understand the temptation to sell out. Especially if you grew up poor, or if you've been struggling for a long time. What I don't understand is why people who couldn't possibly need any more money keep selling out. Like, you've won the game! You can stop playing now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Just sell out in overseas markets like a normal person/Tommy Lee "Boss Coffee" Jones.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

"Hey, the limo is going to come get you for a ten minute photo shoot and then lunch. It's for-"

"K"

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Imagined posted:

I understand the temptation to sell out. Especially if you grew up poor, or if you've been struggling for a long time. What I don't understand is why people who couldn't possibly need any more money keep selling out. Like, you've won the game! You can stop playing now!

Make number bigger

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

INCOMING MESSAGE FROM THE BIG GIANT RACCOON

i need some feedback from folks who regularly browse this thread

is anyone getting some loading issues from this thread? i ask because it's about 1600 pages long now and oftentimes when megathreads get this big it can be hard to load them. i just want to make sure it's not just me before i field the idea that we might need a new one soon. tia

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
No more than any other image heavy thread.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Osha's thread is the only bog I get. That's all 2 minute gifs.
Here's fine

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

cash crab posted:

is anyone getting some loading issues from this thread? i ask because it's about 1600 pages long now and oftentimes when megathreads get this big it can be hard to load them. i just want to make sure it's not just me before i field the idea that we might need a new one soon. tia

Sometimes yeah but i always chalked it up to lovely mobile data or the servers or something. Happens in a couple other threads too (e.g. schadenfreude, memes thread sometimes)

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

cash crab posted:

none

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

cash crab posted:

Not that bad tbh, on mobile or web. But if you really want another banger thread on your name go for it

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

cash crab posted:

It's absolutely fine via the awful app which is basically the only way I've used the forums for years now.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

jojoinnit posted:

It's absolutely fine via the awful app which is basically the only way I've used the forums for years now.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

cash crab posted:

No problems here

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

cash crab posted:

No useful feedback but I loved this

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Volcott posted:

Just sell out in overseas markets like a normal person/Tommy Lee "Boss Coffee" Jones.

Every remember Boss Coffee Lee Jones

None remember Bwain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEapEepwir4

BWAIIIIIN

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I still think about bwain like twice a year. So that's 1

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

i am happy to know it’s not causing any immediate issues but in the next month or so I might ask someone to start a new one and archive this one anyway just for a fresh start and an easier navigating experience (so we can have two big threads as opposed to one, two year old megathread) but it’s not a big emergency

i will let you folks know when i plan to do that and someone can pipe in to create the new thread later on down the line but i will make a note in this thread when that time comes

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

cash crab posted:

i am happy to know it’s not causing any immediate issues but in the next month or so I might ask someone to start a new one and archive this one anyway just for a fresh start and an easier navigating experience (so we can have two big threads as opposed to one, two year old megathread) but it’s not a big emergency

i will let you folks know when i plan to do that and someone can pipe in to create the new thread later on down the line but i will make a note in this thread when that time comes

Just wait for Guy Goodbody's probation to end and let him post it, IMO.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

500 good dogs posted:

Just wait for Guy Goodbody's probation to end and let him post it, IMO.

This but ironically. At least he posts pics.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

Whenever I get slowdown I just run the PC diagnoses and it'll come back like 'yeah you've got 6 things slowing your pc down' and once I tell it to fix those then it speeds up.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

cash crab posted:

One thread that's actually been running crappy for me is the Gif thread. Which is probably from people posting huge un-optimized gifs.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

jojoinnit posted:

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Volcott posted:

Hell is other people a Hungarian energy drink.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Great advice, gonna start up a new game and head right there!

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

It's been so long but even this barest of context clues make me pretty certain of what this exact place is. Does it involve lots of running and camping like a wuss on the highest and most inaccessible parts of huge industrial equipment to avoid an almost certain mauling below

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

cash crab posted:

like, client side loading? i thought the old megathreads were getting closed at a certain page count because the search or something in the backend was horribly unoptimised and it was loving up the forums to have threads that long

and then someone made it slightly less unoptimised and we kind of went back to normal

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

muscles like this! posted:

One thread that's actually been running crappy for me is the Gif thread. Which is probably from people posting huge un-optimized gifs.

Yup. Even worse are PYF threads about posting music, because of all the embedded videos. Usually the OP has a request to have only one embed per post to make it more smoothly, but that rule goes out of the window before page 1 even ends.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sulla Faex posted:

like, client side loading? i thought the old megathreads were getting closed at a certain page count because the search or something in the backend was horribly unoptimised and it was loving up the forums to have threads that long

and then someone made it slightly less unoptimised and we kind of went back to normal

I thought it was just something dumb and obvious like the page-jump navigation select box in the bottom right getting thousands of entries in it.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

It's been so long but even this barest of context clues make me pretty certain of what this exact place is. Does it involve lots of running and camping like a wuss on the highest and most inaccessible parts of huge industrial equipment to avoid an almost certain mauling below

1 or 2 deathclaws,not great, not terrible.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

muscles like this! posted:

Oh thank god, I thought it was just my old Windows 7 PC crapping out.

Fake edit:

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Will it Blend?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

This mouse can reduce a baby to a soup like homogenate in 30 seconds

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Mushika posted:

Will it Blend?

I was just thinking if you grew a baby in a box would you get a square baby? Like those watermelons?

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Bonsai cats, you mean?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

spookygonk posted:

Fake edit:

Hewwo, Cwawise

everydayfalls
Aug 23, 2016

spookygonk posted:

Fake edit:

This baby is on drugs, no baby has ever been put in a pig-o-stat and not screamed like a banshee.

https://i.imgur.com/FkDNgtl.mp4

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...

spookygonk posted:

Fake edit:

Man, I loved Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

cash crab posted:

Nanu nanu.