Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
New goal for 2020: See if I can swing making it to NOVA next year.

I wouldn't do a project, I'd just get my entire Fists army tabletop ready and hope like hell I get into narrative. Then turn the weekend into a week and spend time with friends in the area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

goose willis posted:

Any good tips on making cheap movement trays?

Do you have 3d printer access? Tinkercad is a free online 3d design tool that can handle stuff like this. You just make a solid oval/rectangle/shape that you want the tray to be and then use their "negative shape" tool to make circular holes where you want to be able to place model bases.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I don't have 3D printer access, I wish I did!

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/02/space-marines-faq-now-livegw-homepage-post-2/

Marine FAQ live.

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

Confirms using assassin's prevents combat doctrins. Guess that's one way to prevent soup

masam
May 27, 2010
I desperately waiting for the post nova badcast.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice
Surprised they released the Marine FAQ ahead of the main Sept FAQ, rather than both together. Guess that means the big one will be the very end of the month.

masam
May 27, 2010
Now are these supplements only gonna be for chapters who dont have codices already? Or are the BA going to get one eventually as well? And does that mean i shouldnt pick up Chapter approved 2018 or is there still enough in there its be helpful? Or do i just wait for 2019 at this point?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/09/02/battle-sister-bulletin-part-15-artwork-first-lookgw-homepage-post-1/

New Sister Bulletin, featuring among other things the cover of the codex.

Amazingly this time around the cover won't feature a member of the Order of Our Martyred Lady.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Well, the previous codex part also covers the index part (if it wasn't considered settled when it was announced they were going to legends) in that they will never get AoD.

Oh well.

Irate Tree
Mar 12, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You know, i've been noticing more and more how, with every new piece of art with Tau involved, it's just the Tau and none of their auxiliaries involved. That... doesn't fill me with confidence for new kroot/vespid/whatever in the future...

Gunder
May 22, 2003

gilljoy posted:

Confirms using assassin's prevents combat doctrins. Guess that's one way to prevent soup

Sad that I’ll never have a reason to use my Vindicare I bought a month back.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Gunder posted:

Yeah my Assassins are gonna be fielded with my Deathwatch mainly now, I guess. Let's see how low my model count can go haha

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gunder posted:

Definitely glad I only have the Culexus left to finish that Kill Team.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Well, that kills using the Vigilus detachments for extra efficiency on the bolter trick stratagems.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

OhDearGodNo posted:

Well, the previous codex part also covers the index part (if it wasn't considered settled when it was announced they were going to legends) in that they will never get AoD.

Oh well.

???

]

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Why can't they just make bikes optional wargear again like it used to be, having a different entry seems Real Dumb

Same with the different armours on captains/librarians/other big boys

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

I think he meant Blood Angels, Dark Angels, Space Wolves, and Deathwatch.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

That 4th PDF about index units wasn't in the article when it was originally posted, they've edited it.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Safety Factor posted:

I got Robin Cruddace to try phosphex in the form of a sumpkroc. He did not like it.

30k thread cultural victory.

thesurlyspringKAA
Jul 8, 2005
Are armiger warglaives any good? I just painted one up for my scions and realized that I never see them in any lists. (Or scions as a main force at all, really)

What don’t people like about them? I mean I wish they had a bit more weapon options, but I wanted some tough close combat guys and they come two in a box so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

That's a rad Darksouls rear end sisters of battle book cover

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

thesurlyspringKAA posted:

Are armiger warglaives any good? I just painted one up for my scions and realized that I never see them in any lists. (Or scions as a main force at all, really)

What don’t people like about them? I mean I wish they had a bit more weapon options, but I wanted some tough close combat guys and they come two in a box so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

They’re fine, they’re just overshadowed by their shooty siblings. They have decent damage and speed and can be quite useful, especially paired with the right house traits.

They are a fun option that can allow you to make some good plays if your opponent doesn’t blow them off the table quickly.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

This is new.

xtothez posted:

That 4th PDF about index units wasn't in the article when it was originally posted, they've edited it.

Or better yet, as said there ^^

loving hell why not do this BEFORE NOVA. I noticed they didn’t carry over the lieutenant on bike.

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Sep 2, 2019

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
None of the new Codex stuff was at NOVA anyway not sure why you'd want this to have happened last week.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Strobe posted:

None of the new Codex stuff was at NOVA anyway not sure why you'd want this to have happened last week.
People play in events other than the GT :ssh:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Strobe posted:

Only for the GT, not the narrative. I played the new codex all weekend.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

OhDearGodNo posted:

This is new.

Or better yet, as said there ^^

loving hell why not do this BEFORE NOVA. I noticed they didn’t carry over the lieutenant on bike.

Sorry, didn't realize I they changed the links.

also are lieutenants on bikes even a thing?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
What's a good basing material if I want a model to look like it's walking on black, recently-cooled lava?

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

goose willis posted:

What's a good basing material if I want a model to look like it's walking on black, recently-cooled lava?

I'd say Mordant Earth, especially if you want to some crackle texture to it.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

goose willis posted:

Vallejo makes a Black Lava/Asphalt basing paste, and GW just released Mordant Earth, which is just their Agrellan Earth/Martian Ironearth crackle paint but in black.

You might consider going over a base with mottled red/orange (or brown/red for cooler laval), then covering it in Mordant Earth for a "black surface cracked with hot lava beneath it" look, then adding dabs of Black Lava/Asphalt to make the cooled lava look bubblier and less flat.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

goose willis posted:

Vallejo black lava is the best thing I've ever added to my modelling kit.

Yeast
Dec 25, 2006

$1900 Grande Latte
Vallejo black lava is pretty great, and can be moulded or shaped to whatever you want.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Same question as that guy but water effects for radioactive glowing runoff.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Stephenls posted:

Vallejo makes a Black Lava/Asphalt basing paste, and GW just released Mordant Earth, which is just their Agrellan Earth/Martian Ironearth crackle paint but in black.

You might consider going over a base with mottled red/orange (or brown/red for cooler laval), then covering it in Mordant Earth for a "black surface cracked with hot lava beneath it" look, then adding dabs of Black Lava/Asphalt to make the cooled lava look bubblier and less flat.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Same question as that guy but water effects for radioactive glowing runoff.
I think Mordant Earth has you both covered?

Cooked Auto posted:

I suddenly need to a pot of Mordant Earth.
And then figure out which models I should use the Frozen Methane one for.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I got a second ork flier done, this time a wazbom.

I think this is as good a time as any to work on some Salamanders, I am starting to burn out on orks.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think Mordant Earth has you both covered?

Thanks!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

R0ckfish posted:

I got a second ork flier done, this time a wazbom.

I think this is as good a time as any to work on some Salamanders, I am starting to burn out on orks.

Awesome.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
They gave the Chaplain in VenDread the Litanies?! And didn't take away the +S bonus?! And didn't change the points?!?!?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I wish I had grabbed a chaplain dread before they went OOP, that model rules