Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
The big BETA/EARLY ACCESS tag puts me off a bit, but CryptoClickers seems interesting and I'll give it a whirl later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Aurora posted:

he added pachinko? poo poo, someone make a pachinko idler

there's one on mobile called Zen Idler or something . It's kinda fun for a little bit

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Samuringa posted:

The big BETA/EARLY ACCESS tag puts me off a bit, but CryptoClickers seems interesting and I'll give it a whirl later.

Maybe it is cool but as far as I can see there is no tutorial and this is the screen you're greeted with.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah that's not an idle game til you grind out challenges for a couple hours so you can unlock automation at a decent speed. You click the claim button every time the bar fills. Scan does nothing like the first 10 minutes or so because you need drones that cost e15 wei to purchase.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011
I think what mystifies me the most is the "approx to 10 cost". Why is it approximate?

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
lotta goons brainstorming ideas in Discord for the new zones coming in the steam port + sadistic update, and here's what was come up with, if you're interested in the creative process:

(Spoilers for post-exile content ofc)

The Rad-Lands

Head - Cool Shades
Chest - Leather jacket
Pants - Flamin shorts
Boots - Skateboard
Weapon - Nunchuks
Acc1 - Not-drugs (make somethin weird AF)
Acc2 - power glove

Back to School Zone

Head - Dunce cap
Chest - School Jersey
Pants - ULTRAWIDE Pants
Boots - Shoes with Wheels on the Bottom
Weapon - Floppy Elastic Ruler
Acc1- The S
Acc2 - A Walkman

Cowboy-ville

Head - Oversized cowboy hat
Chest - Assless Vest (just a normal looking cowboy vest basically)
Pants - Assful Chaps
Boots - Extra Spiky Spurs
Weapon- The Six Shooter
Acc1 --
Acc2

(possibly two part battle corgi?)

Special 2nd weapon - A 9mm Beretta

davidemsa
Sep 2, 2019
I joined Something Awful to get into the goon discord channel of an idle game.
How do I get the goon role in the NGU discord? I just ask here? My username there is the same as here.

Edit: Thank you, 4G.

davidemsa fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Sep 2, 2019

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

davidemsa posted:

How do I get the goon role in the NGU discord? I just ask here? My username there is the same as here.

PM something on discord, his name is 4G.

And I’m enjoying Alkahistorian. It’s really tweaking my Dopamine receptor, and it’s soothing to look at and try to balance.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

re: alkahistorian -

why does my nexus reset every so often and delete all my alkahest?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Captain Foo posted:

re: alkahistorian -

why does my nexus reset every so often and delete all my alkahest?

The story has the answer to this--it's unstable and blows up if you get too much.

Alkahistorian is a puzzler in incremental clothes, I really enjoyed it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Note that having enough alkahest to explode is required for making certain resources .

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

neongrey posted:

The story has the answer to this--it's unstable and blows up if you get too much.

Alkahistorian is a puzzler in incremental clothes, I really enjoyed it.

And there's so many knobs to twiddle with that are meaningful you won't be bored. It hit a real nice balance.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I do get annoyed when i can't figure out how to produce something i was already producing!

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Peachfart posted:

Idle Skilling is way more fun once you edit your save and add 500 Pachinko balls, giving you enough gems to get over the P2W hump.

How do you do this?

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
How do I get in the NGU-related discord?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

interrodactyl posted:

Curse 4G 3x in front of a mirror and then PM him

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug

interrodactyl posted:

The actual discord? there's giant buttons all over the game to get linked to it but here:

https://discord.gg/Hp6KbaS

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity

something posted:

The actual discord? there's giant buttons all over the game to get linked to it but here:

https://discord.gg/Hp6KbaS

Apparently I'm blind! Thanks.

e: my next request is clearly to be added to the goon group, i'm interrobang#0775

interrodactyl fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Sep 3, 2019

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Magres posted:

How do you do this?

Look up sol editor, and Minerva. The save file can be found by following this link on Kong: https://www.kongregate.com/forums/1023269-idle-skilling/topics/1773866-save-game-location
It is actually fairly easy.

Also there are online editors for Trimps and Evolve, if you want. The only game I don't cheat at is NGU because 4g is awesome, and because NGU doesn't require disgusting amounts of money.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

something posted:

(possibly two part battle corgi?)

Still got nothin' on the new titan tho.

Btw Peachfart, that corgi might be familiar to you lol.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Musluk posted:

Still got nothin' on the new titan tho.

Btw Peachfart, that corgi might be familiar to you lol.

omg, corgi

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Captain Foo posted:

I do get annoyed when i can't figure out how to produce something i was already producing!

Look at the recipes that would have made it, and see what they require (check both ingredients which are spent to produce, and catalysts where you need the bar to be X high). Now look at those things and see if either a. it's all being sent to something else or b. it's not being produced itself (in which case repeat from the beginning).

Eventually you'll find a place where something you need is getting frittered away on something else you don't care about as much, so you shut off that recipe for a while.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Vil posted:

Look at the recipes that would have made it, and see what they require (check both ingredients which are spent to produce, and catalysts where you need the bar to be X high). Now look at those things and see if either a. it's all being sent to something else or b. it's not being produced itself (in which case repeat from the beginning).

Eventually you'll find a place where something you need is getting frittered away on something else you don't care about as much, so you shut off that recipe for a while.

yeah - one thing i realized is catalysts exist

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

oh aklahests blow up, that's why i run out

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

yeah, stop producing them at around 35 if you don't need solution. Alkahest blowing up also zeroes out your base elements, which take time to build back up enough to get into full production.

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Peachfart posted:

omg, corgi

I totally forgot why there was a Corgi there. But it was a great idea at the time.

I feel like that is 70% of the games brainstorming sessions.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Peachfart posted:

Look up sol editor, and Minerva. The save file can be found by following this link on Kong: https://www.kongregate.com/forums/1023269-idle-skilling/topics/1773866-save-game-location
It is actually fairly easy.

Also there are online editors for Trimps and Evolve, if you want. The only game I don't cheat at is NGU because 4g is awesome, and because NGU doesn't require disgusting amounts of money.

Cheers, thank you! That was easy and painless.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

don't cheat trimps unless you're doing like autotrimps

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

ah, the giant pink rings that continuously form and close in on the center of the big circle are the indicator of alkahest explosion

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

really wish there was more space for stuff because jesus

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Aurora posted:

really wish there was more space for stuff because jesus

Yeah today I unlocked a whole bunch of poo poo and it's pretty overwhelming

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
Alkahest

Links, you say? Not really spoilery but never know.
Also the last upgrade is truly worth it:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

actually screamed a little bit unlocking this clusterfuck

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

I'm in the first real space run in Evolve.

Is the end game just desperately trying to generate more Neutronium?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

I am far too dumb for Alkahistorian. :saddowns:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

Mendrian posted:

And getting enough iridium production to craft mythril constantly, so you can pump out ziggurats, increasing all space production and more Mining Outposts!

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Aurora posted:

don't cheat trimps unless you're doing like autotrimps

I honestly grab a few bones every so often because Trimps has the slowest game play in existence. But it was also the first incremental game I ever gave money to so it all balances out.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Safari Disco Lion posted:

I feel like I'm far too dumb for this whole drat thread :v: "Make 50 Doozywhatsits to activate the Thingamajig, then reset for better Prestige Pointz scaling"

Tried NGU a while back but couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be doing. Might try it again once it's out on Steam.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Mendrian posted:

Nope, you've got 2 1/2 more rare resources left to go and then a final role reveral to add more hours of time before you can press the final end game button available right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Same. I stick to the simpler ones. Paperclips was drat near perfectly at my level.

But then again, I like to think at work, relax at play.