Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Jesus that looks good.
e:

counterspin posted:

Can we get a wave of army/painting pics going? I just got into Legion, and I'm using it as an excuse to indulge by love of the purple->pink color range.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Stormsmith Stormcallers comparison shot.

Middle guy I did early last year, and the two flanking him I just finished up. I like being able to see the improvement in this hobby.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

counterspin posted:

Can we get a wave of army/painting pics going? I just got into Legion, and I'm using it as an excuse to indulge by love of the purple->pink color range.

Looks really good. The contrast between the pink/purple flesh and the grey/white armour plates is :discourse:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So I decided to actually go back to my Menoth instead of Circle, and have started to collect, clean off, and repair the models, and holy crap the paint jobs on these models was horrible. They were the first models I ever painted and holy crap has my painting skill gone up since I painted them. I kind of wish I could start over with painting, but don't really care to put in the effort to strip everything.

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Unless you really glommed the paint on you can just paint over it. You can get away with it a lot more often than you would think if you haven't tried before.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Khisanth Magus posted:

So I decided to actually go back to my Menoth instead of Circle, and have started to collect, clean off, and repair the models, and holy crap the paint jobs on these models was horrible. They were the first models I ever painted and holy crap has my painting skill gone up since I painted them. I kind of wish I could start over with painting, but don't really care to put in the effort to strip everything.

I get wanting to do that for many reasons, but honestly there’s something to be said for keeping some of your first models the way they were to have a miniatures log of how far you’ve come.

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:

TotalHell posted:

I get wanting to do that for many reasons, but honestly there’s something to be said for keeping some of your first models the way they were to have a miniatures log of how far you’ve come.

Yeah, I agree. It serves as a nice historical marker.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
Counterpoint: I got rid of all my cryx and I've never missed them.

Zalabar
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, he would like fries with that, thank you.
I'm down for some storymachine.

My first unit in Cygnar was the old school trenchers. In that team, two soldiers distinguished themselves over any other; Gearkrieg and Kenny.

Kenny would do anything to save his fellow trenchers, as long as it involved getting hit by an AOE. If there was an AOE, he'd jump on it. Even if he was dug in. Especially when he was dug in. He'd just grab 'em out of the air.

Gearkrieg got his name for his specialty in stalling warjacks. A jack charges him, it will miss. Every attack. And then, with a god damned trench knife, he'd always land a hit and score at least 1 point on the jack. It only worked on defense; Gearkrieg could never land a charge, and if the jack was standing still it could squish him just fine.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Played my first game of warmachine in who knows how long!(Grymkin had just been announced but were not out when I stopped playing. So about 2.5 years ago?)

Was a very one sided game, partially because of lists and partially due to mistakes on my part and partially due to me not really knowing what all his models did.

Ended up playing a Mk3ified version of one of my favorite Mk2 Menoth lists: eFeora with Judy. Ended up playing it into a list it totally wasn't made for: Maelok Gators. My list just didn't hit hard enough to do much to his, and the daughters, Nicea, and Eiryss1 were all complete and utter waste of points outside of contesting. I lost most of my flameguard to some stupid things that exploded upon death. Through some deployment issues, and the clouds created by aforementioned exploding gators, my Judicator didn't have as much effect as it needed to. Also I had trouble keeping straight what could score on what kind of scoring object. He won on scenario on turn 4 I believe, maybe turn 5.

My other list I had put together probably would have worked out better, a Kreoss2 exemplar army, but I didn't really know he was playing Maelok + gators until it was too late.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Does anyone else have experience with trying out Warmachine/Hordes statblocks in IKRPG? I'm trying to lurch my way to decent conversion guidelines but I hope to not reinvent the wheel too much. Currently the group is at Veteran tier in Unleashed, wandering around in Legion of Everblight territory, and I was not about to limit myself to only 2 pages of statblocks in a web supplement.

Sricero
Nov 7, 2010

I Teach Yoga you son of a bitch.
Hello Warmagoos after the last few years of my Ret collection living in my closet I think its time to sell it off to someone who might carry on the angry elf fight. I stopped collecting after Mk3 started so really I think the only thing missing is the new Tridents. just cross posting this from SA Mart so anyone here might want or know someone who might want it can get their hands on all the pointy ears.

SA Mart Post
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3900439

Google Doc of the models
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jJrICJ588Iha7y32j6_dsPH018di-JIJjTAHK5avvks/edit?usp=sharing

Link to pics.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/184816981@N07/swb3hd

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Well, looks like the next CID is going to be expanding on Convergence of Cyriss quite a bit, including some cross faction stuff: Asphyxious 4 as a cross faction Journeyman Warcaster Unit that can take any combination of mercenary, cryx, or convergence warjacks regardless of what list he's in.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
New convergence stuff. Never thought I'd see the day.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

That asphyxious idea is nuts :psyduck: Given the strength of some of the most recent releases (tridents, supreme guardian, clocks, archons, harlowe, dez...) I have to imagine a big model like that will be just as crazy.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

For_Great_Justice posted:

New convergence stuff. Never thought I'd see the day.

Is there any hope he'll also be able to take Cephalyx?

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

!Klams posted:

Current teasers say he can mix and match convergence, cryx, and mercenary jacks.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

!Klams posted:

Cephalyx don't have jacks, so I wouldn't bet on it.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

The Void Archon is in my hands but I can't take it home until Friday :smith:

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
Arcane Assist is doing video battle reports again.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Hell yeah.

Also I have a huge boner for the CoC that got teased today. I can't wait for all this stuff, and a revisit to the infantry theme. So excited.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Someone I know said they saw someone sharing spoilers for nemo4, has up to 8 focus, battle engine stats, rof 3 high power gun, and open the gates (the rule the well uses to summon solos) :psyduck:

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.

Captainicus posted:

Someone I know said they saw someone sharing spoilers for nemo4, has up to 8 focus, battle engine stats, rof 3 high power gun, and open the gates (the rule the well uses to summon solos) :psyduck:

It was the Dev hangout on twitch. Pretty sure they said he was Focus 5 with a unit that could give him a focus (the way they said it, it sounded like just one, not one from each member of the unit). Also the ROF was D3.

The rest sounds right though and they said 16 points was his starting cost at the beginning of the CID.

Edit: also he's a Mercenary with partisan Convergence and partisan Cygnar who can take Warjacks from any of those three factions.

Friendly Fire fucked around with this message at 09:09 on Oct 31, 2019

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I wonder if he will actually get used for journeyman business or if he'll just be a shooting platform that comes with a solo? Neat to think you can use him to cheat solos into themes they normally don't go in.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Captainicus posted:

Ah, thanks for the clarification. I wonder if he will actually get used for journeyman business or if he'll just be a shooting platform that comes with a solo? Neat to think you can use him to cheat solos into themes they normally don't go in.

He has to be, all Journeyman are required to take a warjack for their battlegroup. We don't know his spell list yet though, so Monday will be fun

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I've gotten back into playing over the past year and it's been fun. I've switch back to menoth and just can't decide what casters to run

Coming from retribution I feel spoiled for choices

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I've gotten back into playing over the past year and it's been fun. I've switch back to menoth and just can't decide what casters to run

Coming from retribution I feel spoiled for choices

Well if we listen to the internet there's only a couple of choices :v:

But yeah, Menoth has a ton of good stuff going for it right now. Harbinger is amazing again. Not entirely sure what they play vs Infernals though.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
yeah the hivemind basically says Harby or bust and they used to say HR

I currently have lists for:
Severius 1
Cyrenia
Reznik 2
Thyra
Amon
Kreoss 3
Vindictus

I think there's a Malekus ranged / spell assassination list too that could work

There has to be a Feora list now that the Archons and Hermit are out

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
From someone who dropped in early mk just because 8th WH came back, like the cool uncle before you recall he has issues, an drained wmh excitement everything seems playable instead of just pick harbinger an thats all.

If I remember right a PP yearly event was won with Grimm1 or 2 with a bunch of battle engines and an ice king which would have been ludacris in mk2.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

S.J. posted:

He has to be, all Journeyman are required to take a warjack for their battlegroup. We don't know his spell list yet though, so Monday will be fun

Yeah, I meant he will only be taken with a single cheap utility jack, like a firefly for cygnar or a corrolary for convergence, if it can induct between different battlegroups. Curious to see what spells he has.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Captainicus posted:

Yeah, I meant he will only be taken with a single cheap utility jack, like a firefly for cygnar or a corrolary for convergence, if it can induct between different battlegroups. Curious to see what spells he has.

Oh right, duh. I'm interested too. I'd feel like he might be more selfish than what Gaspy is, just judging by the visual design. It'd be hard to make a battle engine that's resilient enough to warrant putting a BG on, but who knows?

Friendly Fire
Dec 29, 2004
All my friends got me for my birthday was this stupid custom title. Fuck my friends.
How many Jacks, and from which faction Nemo 4 wants will entirely depend on his spell list which we don't know yet.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I haven't played in a long time but decided to try and catch up on all the new stuff since the last edition.

We're never getting Epic Ashlynn or Epic Gorten, are we? :(

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Ashcans posted:

I haven't played in a long time but decided to try and catch up on all the new stuff since the last edition.

We're never getting Epic Ashlynn or Epic Gorten, are we? :(

I’ve really fallen out of this game lately due to a lot of factors but it seems like the Dev’s focus has gotten really specific. It seems like if you are not a Hero tied to the game’s story, you feel a bit ignored. Mercs have really left behind just so they can bolt on different sub-factions to the game.

Honestly, I just don’t know where this game is going. It’s all but entirely disappeared in my area which is a shame.

Alokgen
Aug 14, 2005

Are you saying I'm a sinner?

Crazy Ferret posted:

I’ve really fallen out of this game lately due to a lot of factors but it seems like the Dev’s focus has gotten really specific. It seems like if you are not a Hero tied to the game’s story, you feel a bit ignored. Mercs have really left behind just so they can bolt on different sub-factions to the game.

Honestly, I just don’t know where this game is going. It’s all but entirely disappeared in my area which is a shame.

Mercs have gotten so many new things this year. They had a pirate theme Cid that brought a new colossal, new Warjack, new warcaster, and solos. They also got a Steelhead CiD that added tons to the current line of steelheads, and now all this morrow stuff, new units, solos, redone Connie B. Plus riot quest minis work for them.

There have been tons of new additions to Mercs that aren't just main story characters.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp

Alokgen posted:

Mercs have gotten so many new things this year. They had a pirate theme Cid that brought a new colossal, new Warjack, new warcaster, and solos. They also got a Steelhead CiD that added tons to the current line of steelheads, and now all this morrow stuff, new units, solos, redone Connie B. Plus riot quest minis work for them.

There have been tons of new additions to Mercs that aren't just main story characters.

Yeah. After posting, I remembered that it has been a good run for Mercs. I think I’m letting the fact that the game has disappeared in my area cloud the fact that a bunch of cool stuff has come out. That’s my bad.

I do want a Epic Gorten though.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Speaking of main story characters did they ever make a Magnus3? I've been out for years but he was my favorite to play with.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Not yet and I'm really hoping they get around to it. I'm watching this week's Dev Chat and holy poo poo Convergence is going to be bonkers once this is all out. My friend plays exclusively Convergence and he's going to be loving psyched.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Epic Ashlynn has been confirmed, as her original won the head to head contest with Carver coming in second place. The reward being that her character got a new iteration.

Originally the plan was to just stick her on a horse but fan outcry made PP rethink their stance and now she is a specialized duelist.

How this will all play out on the field is unknown but she is coming. Eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Anyone else going to Warfaire Weekend? Im going with a bunch of peeps from Omaha.