Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

M2tt posted:

It's also a C rotation if I recall and there's no way to speed it up. Even if it's easy it's just tedious and long and at the end of it all you get is nidus.

Well, you can speed it up... by playing solo. Doing that mission type with a team artificially lengthens the time it takes to complete each rotation, for reasons that are impossible to know and, naturally, it's never communicated. :shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

In thread some folks talked about the Glast Gambit quest. If you focus on just scoring once and then just defending your goal it becomes ridiculously easy. Towards the end there where so many credits that the enemy mobs would run into them, have their health drop precipitously and die immediately to my Ignis, dropping even more credits and compounding the issue for the next enemy. All I had to do was not pick up credits after the first

I havent yet tried that strategy solo in normal Index. I wonder how that would work

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran
Yeah I'll be honest I don't know the ins and outs because gently caress if I'm ever doing that poo poo again.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

wisp is definitely easy. ropaloyst is a cool fight but it's not insurmountable and it might not be the fastest thing in the world but it's not all that stressful.

Malah
May 18, 2015

M2tt posted:

For reference I use the synth mods + equilibrium for energy generation and in that context the burst laser is the best because it has 0 reload speed and is thus a constant stream of pews, mod for fire rate and puchthrough since you only need to damage as many things as possible.
Today I learned that a pistol punchthrough mod exists! This will probably be my only use for it! I learn something new every day.

My new missions are Wisp and Nidus. The first just requires spinning the RNG wheel, the second requires running between three boxes with an ignis wraith. Sounds fine.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Ritznit posted:

Can someone post a build for an Energy Dethcube again? I finally wanna build one for myself.

Sweeper is the best because you only need a single pellet to hit an enemy for 0+ damage in order to count as an assist. You want lots of multishot and fire rate with some punch through, actual damage is irrelevant.

I went with the Vigilante mods because the set bonus will apply to my primary, and I used Vicious Spread for the +spread which means each shot will cover a wider area and hit more targets.

Sweeper seems to have guaranteed impact/stagger proc at close ranges. The occasional blast proc also provides some CC.

Synth Deconstruct on the Dethcube also gives tagged enemies a 25% chance to drop health orbs, as well as reloading my holstered guns for me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Johnny Joestar posted:

wisp is definitely easy. ropaloyst is a cool fight but it's not insurmountable and it might not be the fastest thing in the world but it's not all that stressful.

Hell, bring a friend who already has Wisp and it's incredibly easy. Just warp your way over and bam, phase done.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Moreau posted:

I havent yet tried that strategy solo in normal Index. I wonder how that would work

You have to actually score the points in regular index, so not great.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Well, you can speed it up... by playing solo. Doing that mission type with a team artificially lengthens the time it takes to complete each rotation, for reasons that are impossible to know and, naturally, it's never communicated. :shepicide:
Maybe it's like how you cap points much faster if you're doing Interception solo, except there I think the actual progress is the same speed and that's more of a "makes it possible" than a "makes it faster".

Malah
May 18, 2015

Something's wrong with cross-region grouping and it's starting to piss me off. I've lost three good trades tonight because we can't get in the same instance - neither dojo nor maroo's worked.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Wait you can group for Maroo??? Can you get multiple sculptures out of it?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Phobophilia posted:

Wait you can group for Maroo??? Can you get multiple sculptures out of it?

no, same with Clem

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Personally found the Glast Gambit to be pretty fun, and I wish they'd make the defence parts at the colony into a game mode.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

So...last night I was shooting the poo poo with a rando in Cetus and the subject of the large chunk of meat at the docks came up. She said that it was the most disturbing thing in the game. Well, I said, "Why is that? Cetus is a fishing village so this is probably where they get a lot of food from so it's probably a big whale or fish.

She then told me about The Unum. They worship and eat a living Orokin flesh tower!

Also the usual video game rumor/bullshit about it possibly being a randomized, endless dungeon in the future.

I somehow missed that in the Lore videos.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Sep 3, 2019

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I was always rather curious about that. Like, why does the building let them eat it?

Surely the tower hasn't created a symbiotic relationship with the Cetus villagers, who have protection from the tenno, who keep the Grineer away from the tower... through its neural sentry....

Why aren't we looking for relics in IT?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Unperson_47 posted:

So...last night I was shooting the poo poo with a rando in Cetus and the subject of the large chunk of meat at the docks came up. She said that it was the most disturbing thing in the game. Well, I said, "Why is that? Cetus is a fishing village so this is probably where they get a lot of food from so it's probably a big whale or fish.

She then told me about The Unum. They worship and eat a living Orokin flesh tower!

I somehow missed that in the Lore videos.

Uh.... did you just walk past the giant orokin wall they were harvesting the flesh from right next to the landing platform?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doT6vA5PYCE

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Kesper North posted:

I was always rather curious about that. Like, why does the building let them eat it?

Surely the tower hasn't created a symbiotic relationship with the Cetus villagers, who have protection from the tenno, who keep the Grineer away from the tower... through its neural sentry....

That seems a little far-fetched. It's not like we've ever seen Neural Sentry brain hijacking manifest as a religious cult bef-

THEY COME TO THIS PLACE WHEN THEY KNOW THEY ARE NOT PURE

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

That was some good newbie advice on page 2924. Could some of it be added to the OP on page 1?

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"

Avulsion posted:

I went with the Vigilante mods because the set bonus will apply to my primary,

Oh hang on what? I'd heard that the gladiator set works on your stuff but not the vigilante ones too.

Well, time to make even more insane crit guns then.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Synthbuttrange posted:

Uh.... did you just walk past the giant orokin wall they were harvesting the flesh from right next to the landing platform?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doT6vA5PYCE

I don't think I've ever seen that opening cinematic and I assumed that wall was just whale meat being stretched across a frame to ease butchering/let it dry in the sun.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
It's erectile tissue.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Kesper North posted:

It's erectile tissue.

:chast2b:

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Oh I assure you I was speaking purely in legal terms. Buildings, bridges and barricades, legally, are referred to as erections.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

So completely unrelated to the fact that Sentients want to squeeze the juice out of the Unum so that they can make babies again. :v:

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Many thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for! Hopefully this will tide me over until I got those Arcane Energizes done, which miiiight take a while.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Disruption arbitrations own. I've made like 40k endo from maybe 40 minutes worth of arbies.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Unperson_47 posted:

I don't think I've ever seen that opening cinematic and I assumed that wall was just whale meat being stretched across a frame to ease butchering/let it dry in the sun.
Ever wonder why Orokin tech looks... organicish? Its magical spam in a can!
Plus if you head left out the door onto the Plains, you can find a washed up "whale" corpse and it looks relativley normal all things considered.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
So, uh, I think the recent patch has made it so dupe sigils actually get added to your inventory?

I now own 13 Stalker sigils. I cannot sell them.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
The reason the Ostron appreciate the fish you provide them so much is because while the tower flesh is extremely nutritious it is also apparently tasteless.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Ritznit posted:

So, uh, I think the recent patch has made it so dupe sigils actually get added to your inventory?

I now own 13 Stalker sigils. I cannot sell them.

Oh so that's why those keep dropping, I was confused

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I finally pulled the trigger and bought a zaw and a kitgun. These are great. :swoon:

The kitgun in particular is wonderful -- it's a rattlegore rattletrap rattleguts, and it does the recharging-ammo thing, and it kicks rear end.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

"Never spend plat on frames" remains the baseline rule and it's a good one. Nidus is a barely kinda-sorta arguable edge case because it's possible that grinding plat to buy him actually saves you time and effort, and it definitely saves you tedium.

I've spent god knows how many hours grinding that and to this day have never gotten a Nidus part. Bought him when he went on sale that one time, no regrets.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Dr Cheeto posted:

The reason the Ostron appreciate the fish you provide them so much is because while the tower flesh is extremely nutritious it is also apparently tasteless.

they also pretty clearly eat fruit and those spices are likely from plants.

"What is their cuisine" is the new "what do they eat" and I am here for it

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Took me two dozen runs until I got a Valkyr Systems, so now I also have all of these:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Ritznit posted:

Took me two dozen runs until I got a Valkyr Systems, so now I also have all of these:

Until I heard the game say it for me this past weekend, I thought it was "Alad the Fifth". :blush:

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Man, spoiler mode badly needs a proper crosshair. a 1 pixel white dot is utterly useless. In fact, I know I've been banging on about this forever, but the whole game needs customisable crosshairs, including auto-contrasting ones. they could do them as ephemera or something.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I'm a bit surprised that isn't a thing. I've never thought about it, but yeah, customizable crosshairs would be nice for things like snipers/bows/etc

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Is there group matchmaking for the Profit-taker/Exploiter orbs? And is it something that should go okay with random people? Which one are you supposed to do first?

How about the Ropalolyst? It looks like I just did the quest that you need to be able to get into that area.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Malah posted:

I'm a bit surprised that isn't a thing. I've never thought about it, but yeah, customizable crosshairs would be nice for things like snipers/bows/etc

You could even have really dumb and bad ones, like maybe the symbol of the lotus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

prefect posted:

Is there group matchmaking for the Profit-taker/Exploiter orbs? And is it something that should go okay with random people? Which one are you supposed to do first?

How about the Ropalolyst? It looks like I just did the quest that you need to be able to get into that area.

The only thing you specifically need for Exploiter is to be tanky, Rhino will do. You can matchmake for it via the bounty from Eudico in the back room, though you may need to be max rank in Fortuna to get that, I am unsure.

Profit Taker requires you to go through a series of missions that unlocks the use of archguns on the ground. Having a not poo poo archgun (that is, not the starting one) is good, don’t put a gravimag in the starting one lol get a good one, don’t be lazy.

Otherwise being tanky again is good, a Chroma can solo it. You do need to be max rank in Fortuna and it has matchmaking via the bounty.