Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

SuperKlaus posted:

Is a pumped Charm / Dazzling Gardevoir good anti-Dragon?

Like other people said, it tanks Outrage from Rayquaza like a boss. I would use it if you don't have a lot of good counters to dragons. It helps me a ton as a sort of anchor when I duo a Rayquaza and I have it out while the other account is preemptively switching out a team to stagger so we don't both lose our whole teams at the same time.

I think it'll get more mileage when Kyurem comes out, as it's slated to have more attack than Rayquaza, while having ice as its second type so a lot of dragon and ice attackers will be resisted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Are the eggs half distance yet

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Hell yeah, just noticed I got a shiny shellder and classic diglet with my gotcha.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Beachcomber posted:

My Tyranitar were the VIPs vs Rayquaza and I'd guess the same for other dragon/flying.

Rock type is only super effective against flying whereas ice is super effective against both dragon and flying, meaning it's super easy to duo Rayquaza if both players have halfway decent ice types.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Willsun posted:

Like other people said, it tanks Outrage from Rayquaza like a boss. I would use it if you don't have a lot of good counters to dragons. It helps me a ton as a sort of anchor when I duo a Rayquaza and I have it out while the other account is preemptively switching out a team to stagger so we don't both lose our whole teams at the same time.

I think it'll get more mileage when Kyurem comes out, as it's slated to have more attack than Rayquaza, while having ice as its second type so a lot of dragon and ice attackers will be resisted.

Theres a fire/dragon type too. Fairy could see some action there.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

seiferguy posted:

Rock type is only super effective against flying whereas ice is super effective against both dragon and flying, meaning it's super easy to duo Rayquaza if both players have halfway decent ice types.

I didn't think they did 4x damage in this game.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Mustached Demon posted:

Theres a fire/dragon type too. Fairy could see some action there.

If I remember correctly, fire resist fairy.

I think a fire/dragon type is only weak to rock, ground and dragon unless I’m forgetting a type.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Mumbling posted:

I think a fire/dragon type is only weak to rock, ground and dragon unless I’m forgetting a type.

Na you're right. So uh yeah.

The thirds electric/dragon I think so Groudon wins again.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Beachcomber posted:

I didn't think they did 4x damage in this game.

It’s .391x, .625x, 1.6x, 2.56x for quarter/half/double/quadruple effectiveness in pogo.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Got an unown from my first 10k egg this event lol

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
Need a few friends for a quest on my alt

4509-9471-7289

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Mumbling posted:

Huh, good to know. I know fairy was weak to "man-made" things so steel and poison makes sense. Fire I guess fits halfway where they at least resist fairy, but doesn't mean fairy is weak to fire.

I just wonder if they'll make every one of the tao trio's forms or fusions their own Pokemon or try to do something different than "every form is its own Pokemon." Anyway ground does get more mileage again in their weaknesses and I'm happy:

Reshiram (Dragon/Fire) - ground, rock, dragon
Zekrom (Dragon/Electric) - ground, ice, dragon, fairy
Kyurem (Dragon/Ice) - fighting, rock, steel, dragon, fairy

I'll just tell people if they don't have good ground/rock/fairy counters to just throw as many of their green snakes from Rayquaza month at these guys.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

Are the eggs half distance yet

I think so. It seems less like they're half distance and more like they have their distances doubled. Same same but different.

Also, fuckkkkkkk sentrets. They've replaced bellsprouts for my local trash pokemon. Also also lol at needing to catch gulpin for research, they've also disappeared from the trash-tier locals.

Loser_Rex
Apr 14, 2006

Spidercock? Here?
Morning frustration: trying to take a gym down where everyone had been in it all night, but someone who very clearly lives in the building in it is golden raspberrying, so I give up.

Mid day pleasant surprise: said gym is taken down, in my color, and has an open spot. Sweet.

Night time vindication: someone is trying to take it down and despite me being in it for 7 or so hours, I golden raspberry them back until they give up.

Two can play this game bub.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I think so. It seems less like they're half distance and more like they have their distances doubled. Same same but different.

Also, fuckkkkkkk sentrets. They've replaced bellsprouts for my local trash pokemon. Also also lol at needing to catch gulpin for research, they've also disappeared from the trash-tier locals.

Gulpin in research now. Take 5 pics of Eevee.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
My poor wife didn't catch her noisebunnies before water festival, or during this weekend.

Not that I've caught more than 5 psychic/steel.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
A Meltan box will help. Also, I've seen a few Skarmory and alolan Diglets around.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Cowslips Warren posted:

Gulpin in research now. Take 5 pics of Eevee.

Eevee take the pics

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Cowslips Warren posted:

A Meltan box will help.

Oh, that easy?

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Today I learned that not dying, but also not winning, in a level 3 raid counts as winning said raid for the special research task.
Finally completed that, got 400k exp this morning. What did you do? :smuggo:

EDIT: now I have 830+ items and a storage limit of 700. Woops. Guess I'm not spinning stops the next couple of days...

shut up blegum fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Sep 3, 2019

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

shut up blegum posted:

EDIT: now I have 830+ items and a storage limit of 700. Woops. Guess I'm not spinning stops the next couple of days...

If you are like me, you'll realize all normal pokeballs, basic revives (not max), potions (not max), and nanab berries are a thing you spend a minute a day throwing out to make like 100 or more of space.

And then you fill it up after a day or two of more stops and gifts, and there you go throwing out all the garbage items again.

Edit: put an exception for normal pokeballs if you use a gotcha device. I don't.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
90% of this game is spent managing inventory and pokemon storage. It's kind of weird.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

~Coxy posted:

90% of this game is spent managing inventory and pokemon storage. It's kind of weird.

Thank christ for "0*,1*,2*" search in the pokemon list, game was improved like at least 50% when they added the appraisal search

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Lmao I spent actual money to get incubators and clear out my eggs in prep for this to possibly get a uknown (any uknown) just to fill that spot in my Pokédex. This morning picked up 6 5k eggs and 3 2ks. gently caress this lovely game.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Noxville posted:

Lmao I spent actual money to get incubators and clear out my eggs in prep for this to possibly get a uknown (any uknown) just to fill that spot in my Pokédex. This morning picked up 6 5k eggs and 3 2ks. gently caress this lovely game.

If it makes you feel any better, I got 2 10ks and the first one i hatched was a lovely 2* Munchlax. Got the second one going right now but i'm not getting my hopes up since the only thing I really want is a drat Gible :argh:

At least I caught this :v:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Hatched my first Gible, good start to the week :toot:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Ok

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Perfect stats for a perfect Pokemon.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

not the shiny i was expecting to find but i’ll take it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Perfect stats for a perfect Pokemon.

The pokemon who's evolution has the best hair

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
So is the research breakthrough going to be Eevee every time now or did I just get unlucky?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

Hatched my first Gible, good start to the week :toot:

*takea deep breathe* gently caress YOOOOOOOOOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Louisgod posted:

So is the research breakthrough going to be Eevee every time now or did I just get unlucky?

Apparently it's Eevee for the next two months :lol:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'd be fine with a flower Eevee if we had Sylveon in the game

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.
gently caress doing 3 great throws in the loving rear end. :argh:

I feel like the item bag is too loving small even after an upgrade. :sigh:

Ah well. Here's my trainer code cause I always need more friends. 6287 4775 9944

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

wait til you have to do an excellent curve ball throw. I did it completely by accident, a Zubat darted directly into the path of a poorly thrown ball

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Irritated Goat posted:

Ah well. Here's my trainer code cause I always need more friends. 6287 4775 9944

Find a nosepass. They're super easy to get great throws on. Plus their catch rate is stupid low so they're bound to pop out even with a great throw so you can throw again.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

kensei posted:

Apparently it's Eevee for the next two months :lol:

Ahaha as in ONLY Eevee? For some reason I thought it was added to the pool. Welp, just means I don't have to do research stuff for 2 months.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Irritated Goat posted:

I find sentrets pretty easy to doink with great throws. They're fairly common right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

seiferguy posted:

Plus their catch rate is stupid low so they're bound to pop out even with a great throw so you can throw again.

Seriously, what is it with some of the little bastards that seem to be there just to eat resources en masse? "Oh a great curveball with a master ball? Lol jk dude I'll take that berry and run."