Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Lightning Knight posted:

The only thing you specifically need for Exploiter is to be tanky, Rhino will do. You can matchmake for it via the bounty from Eudico in the back room, though you may need to be max rank in Fortuna to get that, I am unsure.

I'm most often Rhino Prime, so this should work out. :thumbsup:

Lightning Knight posted:

Profit Taker requires you to go through a series of missions that unlocks the use of archguns on the ground. Having a not poo poo archgun (that is, not the starting one) is good, don’t put a gravimag in the starting one lol get a good one, don’t be lazy.

Uh-oh. :ohdear:

Lightning Knight posted:

Otherwise being tanky again is good, a Chroma can solo it. You do need to be max rank in Fortuna and it has matchmaking via the bounty.

I should learn how to play Chroma. I have the Prime version, after all, and people seem to talk about it as one of the more major-league frames. Like, one-shotting eidolons and so forth.

Thanks for the info. :tipshat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

ProfitTaker has match making, if you have access to heists.

Exploiter doesn't have proper queueing so you'll need to form a group for it in clan or recruiting.
E: oh okay maybe it has matchmaking now

The Profit-Taker fight is more difficult and, even though this got nerfed, has a ton of knockdown. You need an archgun you can use of the ground to attempt it. While this fight is hectic and you'll be moving around a bunch for different phases, but it's no where near as chaotic as eidolons and you have a decent chance of a pubbie chroma both annihilating all damage phases and doubling credits for the fight.

Exploiter is a lot easier and mostly just involves learning what to do, how the fight works, rather than involving any dps checks or survival tactics. Best advice here is to simply have a quick frame that isn't total paper and an accurate hitscan weapon with moderate range.

e2: Chroma and Mirage are THE buff gun damage frames. Imo Chroma is less interesting but he's more survivable and his buff is more consistent. If a team needs a huge damage buff for a damage phase then there's going to be at least one Chroma around, other options are entertaining gimmicks like taking out eidolons with Ivara or a Sarpa.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Sep 3, 2019

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
When I unlocked a ProfitTaker a while (~2-3 weeks) back, the matchmaking populated quickly enough but you'd still need to be prepared to functionally solo it. Which, at least for me, means always bring Chroma.

Multiple times other people weren't doing anything to the shield or the legs at all and in the end stage, i.e. the DPS check there were some instances of being hosed because people ragequitted and the only people with damage had their archguns on cooldown.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Chroma is the most user friendly solution to one of the few problems that rewards very tight optimization for very late game players.

Specifically: doing shitloads of damage to enemies that are immune to powers. Mirage can get higher numbers but her main survival mechanism has a big hole for large AOE and surprise Eidolons and Orb Moms do buckets of AOE, so Chroma is a lot more usable.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Unperson_47 posted:

So...last night I was shooting the poo poo with a rando in Cetus and the subject of the large chunk of meat at the docks came up. She said that it was the most disturbing thing in the game. Well, I said, "Why is that? Cetus is a fishing village so this is probably where they get a lot of food from so it's probably a big whale or fish.

She then told me about The Unum. They worship and eat a living Orokin flesh tower!

Also the usual video game rumor/bullshit about it possibly being a randomized, endless dungeon in the future.

I somehow missed that in the Lore videos.

Yup. The tower also has Kuva as its blood and you can drink it. If you're important enough, the kuva lets the tower talk to you telepathically. Either assigning tasks to you, warning you of dangers or just telling you which bits of it is cool to cut off.
It's sold in Cetus as a beverage. Crack open a nice, cool bottle of technorganic supercomputer blood with the boys.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1125828-prime-vault-hotfix-2573/
1000-note shawzin songs

esports magazine
Aug 23, 2019

page 83: NERF THIS! 6 hot new Irelia builds to make him SWEAT!

wanjeon joh-a! new meta! douyu's future superstar, today!
:potg:
patch went live at 2:10, i joined a pub helene at 2:25 and one of the randoms had already bought the new prime vault

impressive

Malah posted:

I'm a bit surprised that isn't a thing. I've never thought about it, but yeah, customizable crosshairs would be nice for things like snipers/bows/etc

crosshair options would be super welcome but i played enough killing floor to have gotten myself a crosshair projector and it works fine in warframe too, if a little inconvenient

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Maybe now they'll be able to do "Thunderstruck". (I don't know if note count was the reason they couldn't. But it seems plausible.)

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Dr Cheeto posted:

You could even have really dumb and bad ones, like maybe the symbol of the lotus

counterpoint: real grenade launchers use leaf sights

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fm1WT3GTeiY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgaygeTxY4k

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

poo poo... That is just impressive.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I honestly am looking forward to the mountain of shawzin songs people are going to make and upload.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

What the gently caress is this game

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

StashAugustine posted:

What the gently caress is this game

The future.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Day 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gJQYYGkokY
Day 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8-rewEHEZk

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Sep 4, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

im not super impressed by these because i assume they are just people inputting the string of notes into the thing and letting it play itself. i guess actually building the song out of their note language is kind of neat though.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I mean, the first one is the guy playing it, the second one both shows and says in the description he used a autohotkey script.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Updates from a noob: Played way too much last couple of days. Game has me hooked.

Really enjoying the combat loop in Warframe even if the map tiles seem to be repeating a lot so far.

Got the 3 Rhino blueprints in 6 Jackal runs which seems lucky to me, so good on that, building that ATM. Focusing on keeping stealth multipliers up whenever I can and hitting headshots.

Made it to Mars so far and following the Archwing questline after finishing both the Sanya/Glass Shard questline, and the Once Awake quest, which now has an egg incubating.

Love the movement in combat, tbh. Bullet jumping everywhere while trying to hit sick trickshots with the bow really speaks to the former Tribes player in me.

Should I be exploring every map and cracking open every supply drum and opening every supply container? Or should I just be breezing through to the objectives and extracting?

I've been dying a fair amount every mission and losing affinity to the revives.

Thanks again to all the kind Goons who posted their tips for new players! It could be collated to go into the OP.

Shrimp or Shrimps fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Sep 4, 2019

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Shrimp or Shrimps posted:

Should I be exploring every map and cracking open every supply drum and opening every supply container? Or should I just be breezing through to the objectives and extracting?

Thanks again to all the kind Goons who posted their tips for new players! It could be collated to go into the OP.

Unambiguous: rush it. There are reasons to take things slow, but they're specific not general.

If you're dying a lot, roll more often. You take MUCH less damage when rolling and even aimgliding. Really lean into your Tribes play.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tulip posted:

Unambiguous: rush it. There are reasons to take things slow, but they're specific not general.

If you're dying a lot, roll more often. You take MUCH less damage when rolling and even aimgliding. Really lean into your Tribes play.

I want my Warframe to scream SHAZBOT just before I blow myself up with an explosive.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Smash what's in your way, and what you feel an urge to smash and open, the resources you get from them aren't nothing when you're starting out. Smashing containers is mostly useful when you start going to the Void, as those containers can have some really useful mods in (albeit mods you can probably get for free from goons).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

scouring every corner for lockers is much less efficient than just doing something like a survival and killing a bunch of dudes

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

And Tyler Too! posted:

I want my Warframe to scream SHAZBOT just before I blow myself up with an explosive.

Playing Gauss with his primary reminds me so much of killing myself with spinfusors.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

use the phantasma's alt-fire for that fusion mortar action

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Started playing again after not booting it up since February. I had forgotten how much fun it is. Currently working my way through a backlog of quests before pushing forward with the main story. Also, I was removed from one of the goon clans (can't remember which) for inactivity. Am I allowed back in, or have I forever ruined my chances of being the rear end in a top hat without CorPro in groups? Should I just reapply from the OP?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Unless you're looking for something specific, you should be rushing. If you want resources you go to an endless mode and get them by killing truckloads of people, generally.

Also, don't play solo, although a lot of the map nodes won't have many people doing them.

And get in one of the clans ASAP, you can get help, gifts of stuff to help you start off like basic mods that every veteran, has huge piles of they don't need for anything, and there's a bunch of stuff you can only get from the research labs in the dojo. Which varies from "nice" to "mastery fodder" to "absolutely critical".

A Real Horse posted:

Started playing again after not booting it up since February. I had forgotten how much fun it is. Currently working my way through a backlog of quests before pushing forward with the main story. Also, I was removed from one of the goon clans (can't remember which) for inactivity. Am I allowed back in, or have I forever ruined my chances of being the rear end in a top hat without CorPro in groups? Should I just reapply from the OP?
People get removed for inactivity, you just reapply.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Zereth posted:

People get removed for inactivity, you just reapply.

Cool, thanks, just wanted to make sure I wasn't pissing anybody off. Looking forward to shooting everyone and everything again with some friendly people.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Mobile Defense sorties are now all about forcing other people to listen to me gently caress up on my Shawzin while sitting on the terminal with a max duration/min range Limbo.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

the ultimate limbo troll move

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Warframe, in general, is played at a very fast clip. The slide->bulletjump->roll loop is how you're going to be getting around. Later on you'll have access to speedy frames that turn captures/exterms into 90-120 second runs and a couple of frames that can outright fly.

Rhino will definitely help with your death problem. Mag has a weakness to getting shot in the face.

Like everyone else said, join one of the clans. Also join Discord, where all the cool people chat and the uncool people post anime.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
if you want to know the basics of the upcoming nightwave event thing look at [Zealot Derelict Code] ingame

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

use the phantasma's alt-fire for that fusion mortar action

i don't remember exploding myself nearly as often with the fusion mortar :doh:

at least not intentionally

wisp finally finished baking and i've had a ton of fun with them. the static buffs seem ridiculously powerful and the light show / death beam is hilarious.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Mailer posted:

Helpful text

Zereth posted:

Helpful text
Thanks for the advice! I'll rush em. I think I will apply for the clan, I can definitely see myself sticking with Warframe for a while. After the massive disappointment BFV has been, it'll be nice to make something actually fun my go-to shooter. Only have time for 1 these days. Long gone are the days of being able to pour time into multiple games at once.

Tulip posted:

Rolling is something I'm still not doing regularly, I'll work on getting that into my gameplay. Thank you!

Oneiros posted:

i don't remember exploding myself nearly as often with the fusion mortar :doh:

at least not intentionally

T1 Blastside/Broadside mortar jumping to the enemy base from your base. If you didn't get it right, you took off half your health, but if you got it right, it was enough to make it right into the door of the enemy base and ski in with 75% of your health + health kit.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Arguably getting a better weapon will solve the dying issue as well, especially if you're going solo. At around Jupiter you're going to want at least one good gun/melee that can kill enemies in less then a full clip. I usually grab one heavy single target gun and one rapid rife/aoe gun, as it covers a lot of bases.

Quick question for the "in the know" guys what vaulted frames are these guns associated with:

Vectis Prime
Akstiletto Prime
Duel Kamas Prime

Those are the last Primes I need to have all the prime junk mastered.

Also is the Scoliac considered super good or something, I'm seeing the Rivens go for a ton on the PS4?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Anora posted:

Quick question for the "in the know" guys what vaulted frames are these guns associated with:

Vectis Prime
Akstiletto Prime
Duel Kamas Prime

Ash P
Vauban P
Trinity P

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I believe it’s only worth combing maps if you’re after syndicate insignias, and even then you bring along some kind of loot detector.

And some sabotage missions have valuable loot.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Phobophilia posted:

I believe it’s only worth combing maps if you’re after syndicate insignias, and even then you bring along some kind of loot detector.

And some sabotage missions have valuable loot.
... Are you suggesting that you don't slap Animal Instinct on all your sentinels/pets/moas/whatever, all the time? :raise:

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Weapons that require forma to craft are a crime.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

I'm almost done with those drat dojo forma weapons myself! :toot: I think I need like 15-20 mtuagen masses to finish. Maybe some cryotic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terry van Feleday
Jun 6, 2010

Free Your Mind
Combing maps is much more valuable early on, as you advance in the game there's less point in it. Specifically on earth you actually do want to comb the map because Neurodes are very important and hard to come by in the early game. Also if you do the quest Man of Few Words (you can access it by going into a Relay and finding a dude called Darvo), there's a mission on Uranus you want to comb cause it gives you early access to a few higher level materials.

Basically it's just a question of what pace you want to take the game at.