Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Yesh posted:

Someone pilots a god corpse like a Megazord.

An ordinary bus driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbysmalPeptoBismol
Feb 5, 2016

Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea!

Have this feeling that Allison is going to lose the Key of Kings, which will spur her toward learning Sword Law.

Or she'll lose the tournement, which will cause some kinda significant consequence, once again leading her toward Maya.

Heck, she may lose the key and then join the 108. Only she'll be their leader instead of their prey.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Of course my suggestion that people not make predictions has led to a bunch of joke predictions that has now led to real, earnest predictions.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
She never actually had the key because the voice of god isn’t something you can HAVE, It’s something you can only DO by means of furious + dumbass royalty.

The shiny thing in her brow is just a placebo.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Bongo Bill posted:

An ordinary bus driver.
Solomon David spinning his fist going "One of these days Yemmod. One of these days"

And then Solomon David sent Yemmod to the moon.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1167609686159450113?s=19

oh dang we're way closer to the spice than I expected

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Zaid being on the TV

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

Gog and Agog being listed separately on that ticker is both funny and has very interesting implications.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

GNN :allears:

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
Also I might be in the minority here but I really do appreciate the effort put into the intricate backgrounds of books 1 and 2. Its sad that moving to the red wash now and then was something that had to happen to maintain the fickle patreon crowd.

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug
I wish I was a salt lick with two massive holes blown in my head.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Bongo Bill posted:

An ordinary bus driver.

I don't care how jaded you might get from living on the celestial graveyard of the universe's dead pantheon, driving a bus in Throne must be a blast every single day.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

M_Gargantua posted:

Zaid being on the TV

Yep, that's my take. I think Solomon saw her after her helmet was knocked off and now he's trying to draw her out.

M_Gargantua posted:

Also I might be in the minority here but I really do appreciate the effort put into the intricate backgrounds of books 1 and 2. Its sad that moving to the red wash now and then was something that had to happen to maintain the fickle patreon crowd.

Wut?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Oh wait, not Galactic News Network, Gog-agog News Network.

Anyways Zaid looks really happy to be there.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

I wish I was a salt lick with two massive holes blown in my head.

Same but empty suit with three rings for a head

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

M_Gargantua posted:

Zaid being on the TV

but the TOURNAMENT IS GOING GREAT!!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cat Mattress posted:

Anyways Zaid looks really happy to be there.

Yeah so much for my stokholm sydrome theory.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Somehow I doubt anyone could enjoy being around Solomon David for an extended period of time. he doesn't seem like very pleasant company

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames
anybody else been playing that game that came out recently thats got multiple immortal god-royalty including one w eternal life fruit, one that considers himself strong daddy who makes the hard decisions, and one that's the face of a hivemind of worms

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
Zaid and Solomon have really similar faces.

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013

Tuxedo Ted posted:

I don't care how jaded you might get from living on the celestial graveyard of the universe's dead pantheon, driving a bus in Throne must be a blast every single day.

The constant robberies and attempted hijackings certainly make it a challenging career.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Oh hey, Gog-A-Gog's up 2.5%.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Evil Mastermind posted:

Oh hey, Gog-A-Gog's up 2.5%.

That's a lot of worms. :ohdear:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

pseudorandom name posted:

Gog and Agog being listed separately on that ticker is both funny and has very interesting implications.

don't blame me, I voted for Agog

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Mr. Lobe posted:

Somehow I doubt anyone could enjoy being around Solomon David for an extended period of time. he doesn't seem like very pleasant company
Would they like it better if Solomon ordered them to frolic around his massive, beautiful capital for weeks?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

ogresque posted:

anybody else been playing that game that came out recently thats got multiple immortal god-royalty including one w eternal life fruit, one that considers himself strong daddy who makes the hard decisions, and one that's the face of a hivemind of worms

Which one is this?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon
[quote="Rotten Red Rod" post=""497923016"]
Wut?
[/quote]

Since book 3 there have been a lot more panels where the background isn’t drawn. Saves a ton of time when drawing.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Joe Slowboat posted:

Which one is this?

possibly Remnant if you squint a bit

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Joe Slowboat posted:

Which one is this?

Destiny?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Gog News Network im loving dying

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

M_Gargantua posted:

Since book 3 there have been a lot more panels where the background isn’t drawn. Saves a ton of time when drawing.

They exist in the earlier books too, though often with a colour gradient or other small flourishes. I picked this chapter at random and it has loads of simple backgrounds. They work just fine when they're similar to the actual backgrounds or conveying mood (like the current page). The same can't be said for the garish red ones, they stick out too much.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

I actually quite like the red background panels. They fit this book's shounen vibe pretty well.

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
yeah, the red panels are pretty great in my opinion.

in the earlier books the amazingly intricate and detailed backgrounds are great most of the time, but I found they also made the fights pretty hard to follow. In the earlier books this was actually kind of a good thing because a) Allison didn't really know what was going on and presumably couldn't follow the fights in detail either and b) large amounts of said fights were important to the story in general but weren't directly consequential to the immediate plot. Like, say, The Pursuers vs. Mottom's Guards vs. 6 Juggernaut Star in book 2 - the result could have significant implications down the line, but in the moment all that matters to Allison is that she gets out alive.

in this book, on the other hand, "does Allison win this fight and if so, how does it go down?" is a primary question that the visual storytelling is attempting to answer, so it needs to be clear about it, and Allison knows a bunch of fighting arts poo poo so the reader of the comic gets a clearer picture of the action in the same way that she does.

also they make certain scenes look sick as hell and it's not as if the book has been skimping on beautiful backgrounds in the non-splash panels.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

Exciting Lemon

a computing pun posted:

in this book, on the other hand, "does Allison win this fight and if so, how does it go down?" is a primary question that the visual storytelling is attempting to answer, so it needs to be clear about it, and Allison knows a bunch of fighting arts poo poo so the reader of the comic gets a clearer picture of the action in the same way that she does.

also they make certain scenes look sick as hell and it's not as if the book has been skimping on beautiful backgrounds in the non-splash panels.

Yeah this is something I agree with upon further thought.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

https://twitter.com/KidsWriteJokes/status/1168472776111472640
:hmmyes:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Finally finished my submission comic for the tourney. There's currently like 170 submissions so I do not envy Operant in the slightest in having to sort through these to pick out the final 64 lmao

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I roped my wife into illustrating my entry, trying to get it in tonight. We will definitely not make the cut with so many entries, lots of them are good and there are a ton even after you cull the ones that are clearly not going to make it.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

3 posted:

Finally finished my submission comic for the tourney. There's currently like 170 submissions so I do not envy Operant in the slightest in having to sort through these to pick out the final 64 lmao

hell loving yes

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
With 170 submissions there's gonna be some real good ones. Someone should pop onto the discord and post em up here for my lazy rear end (or I'll do it when i have time at some point)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy
I was reading back through the ballroom battle in Mottom's palace, and I found the scene where Auntie Maya takes on 6 Juggernaut Star more meaningful in light of her recent flashback/lesson.

Starting from this page should be good. Maya has introduced herself to Allison, who is now fleeing with White Chain.

https://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-6-110/