Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

Nonsense posted:

various commanders since the surge period, into Obama's late presidency complained about british readiness and capability. poo poo that probably amounted to american generals complaining they didn't have final say over something, Pentagon likes the Poles a lot.

We Americans have had good relations with them. Don't forget it.

Jesus the loving aughts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Soooo is no-deal Brexit more or less likely now? This whole thing is easily the most chaotic political thing I've followed in a first world country.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

wilderthanmild posted:

Soooo is no-deal Brexit more or less likely now? This whole thing is easily the most chaotic political thing I've followed in a first world country.
less

i think

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

wilderthanmild posted:

Basically dead in the water.

As I will never get tired of pointing out, Boris has hosed it so hard he is now literally incapable of voting himself out of office.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
BTTF2 predicted it.

“McFly, you BoJo! Everyone knows hoverboards don’t work on water. Unless you got power!”

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
lmao they're gonna hold an election and they are gonna win a majority and all the holdouts will be replaced with brexit true believers lmao

BREXIT MEANS B R E X I T

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Stefan Prodan posted:

lmao they're gonna hold an election and they are gonna win a majority and all the holdouts will be replaced with brexit true believers lmao

BREXIT MEANS B R E X I T

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Why would you vote for the Brexit Party when the Tories just tried to Brexit so hard they ruined their majority? So much credibility.

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

PostNouveau posted:

Why would you vote for the Brexit Party when the Tories just tried to Brexit so hard they ruined their majority? So much credibility.

Brexit cannot fail. It only can be failed.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bucca di Brexit

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Captain Fargle posted:

Basically dead in the water.

As I will never get tired of pointing out, Boris has hosed it so hard he is now literally incapable of voting himself out of office.

doesn't a bill saying they can't no-deal brexit not matter because it just means they can't intentionally do that, but if they have no deal by october 31st it will just default to no-deal anyway?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Frijolero posted:

Bucca di Brexit

Translates to Brexit hole

Checks out.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

foobardog posted:

e: Margaret Thatcher's Dank Meme Stash

Nice, new slang for pussy.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Lote posted:

BTTF2 predicted it.

“McFly, you BoJo! Everyone knows hoverboards don’t work on water. Unless you got power!”

Haven’t seen this movie in 10 years but can still clearly hear this line in my head

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

wow! prime minister Jeremy corbyn!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

so does this mean brexit isn't happening or what

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JimMFelton/status/1169003132115927040
Hannibal’s Stratagem: Enter the Brain Gymnasium: The Genious Crusades

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

lmao what the gently caress is happening

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

World War Mammories posted:

brexit

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Is BoJo planning out a second Gunpowder Plot? :thunk:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

World War Mammories posted:

England

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The prophecy has been fulfilled! Probably.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
so what does brexit mean now?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

has king arthur woken up yet?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

punchymcpunch posted:

has king arthur woken up yet?

Quick, someone make a gif of Corbyn in the movie "Excalibur."

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
if bojo see shis shadow does that mean 6 more months of brexit

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

I'm done with this poo poo if somehow you guys vote lib dems and give bojo another loving shot at this

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

KaptainKrunk posted:

I'm done with this poo poo if somehow you guys vote lib dems and give bojo another loving shot at this

haha there's no way the Brits would be dumb eno-

*time skip*

wow! prime minister Nigel firage!

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Only Prime Minister Guto Bebb can save Brexit now

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

lol

what

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

I'm trying to understand so please set me straight:
-tonights vote broke the thin Tory majority that resulted from the last general election. Also the original plan of running the clock to force a no-deal Brexit has failed as a result
-BoJo is (was?) threatening to call a new election, Corbyn is daring him to do it

A friend of mine keeps up with UK politics more than I do. She says an election would be bad for Labour and good for Leave in general (though not necessarily the Tories). How does this figure? Is Labour doing that poorly? If so, why?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

cool dance moves posted:

-BoJo is (was?) threatening to call a new election, Corbyn is daring him to do it

not quite: due to the fixed-terms parliament act, calling a new election during the given parliamentary term ends requires a 2/3rds majority vote, something that bojo absolutely does not have. the rebels' intention is to pass legislation binding whoever the PM is to seek an extension before the due date, which subsequently dynamites bojo's plans

realistically, an election likely wouldn't result in a meaningful changing of the guard one way or the other; it would just be another way of eating into the remaining parliamentary time for bojo, but now that his bluff's been called he really doesn't have poo poo left in his hand to play, unless he's somehow just going to try and ignore/sabotage the binding legislation

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Vermain posted:

not quite: due to the fixed-terms parliament act, calling a new election during the given parliamentary term ends requires a 2/3rds majority vote, something that bojo absolutely does not have. the rebels' intention is to pass legislation binding whoever the PM is to seek an extension before the due date, which subsequently dynamites bojo's plans

realistically, an election likely wouldn't result in a meaningful changing of the guard one way or the other; it would just be another way of eating into the remaining parliamentary time for bojo, but now that his bluff's been called he really doesn't have poo poo left in his hand to play, unless he's somehow just going to try and ignore/sabotage the binding legislation

can’t he torpedo the extension? like, ask the EU on October 30th for an extension and half of France or something?

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer

cool dance moves posted:

-tonights vote broke the thin Tory majority that resulted from the last general election. Also the original plan of running the clock to force a no-deal Brexit has failed as a result

A friend of mine keeps up with UK politics more than I do. She says an election would be bad for Labour and good for Leave in general (though not necessarily the Tories). How does this figure? Is Labour doing that poorly? If so, why?

poo poo's all hosed the hell up and we know only that it's going to get dumber

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

hobbesmaster posted:

can't he torpedo the extension? like, ask the EU on October 30th for an extension and half of France or something?

he can certainly sabotage the extension discussions, which would cause an enormous political scandal and throw all of parliament into a constitutional crisis

at this point i'm starting to wonder if the EU will even offer another extension. a lot of MPs were driven by desperation and a sense of noblesse oblige to turn tail on their party of choice, but that doesn't mean anyone's any more likely to sit around a corbyn-led dinner table and break bread. replacing one awful tory PM with a different awful tory PM isn't going to erase the all-consuming paralysis that's defined the U.K. parliament for the past 3 years

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

What's the funniest (dumbest) outcome that could happen? Trump as PM?

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

british media has smeared the gently caress out of corbyn and braindead remainerss actually thinking vote lib-dem will fix anything lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
there will be adequate lmaos