Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
That’s a set photo, no? Maybe their faces will be enhanced in post-production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
most likely they are getting the star trek treatment for TV so the actors can emote more through the makeup.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I feel like that was a valid excuse back in the 60s/80s/90s before CG was able to create relatively convincing, emotive animated characters on a television show’s budget. At this point, a CGed up alien face would probably be even more capable of being expressive than a person with moderate prosthetics.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Don't they have long arms too? I remember bossk having long as gently caress forearms.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

The Trandoshans in that picture look fine.

I like that they only kind of resemble Bossk. Giving an alien species a wide variety of appearances is cool and good and makes the universe seem larger.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We had quite a variety of Trandoshans in the Clone Wars, and Bossk himself looked quite different. Though I think these guys look a bit too different. They need some snout.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Maybe the snouts will be added in post? Can always hope

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Oh man, I thought they were Weequay at first.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
MY STAR WARS DOESNT HAVE ENOUGH SNOOT. MORE SNOOT DAMMIT

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Clearly inspired by the definitive and grand artistic vision of dark forces 2

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Are we sure those are actually Trandoshans, does EW know their Star Wars species? They look way more like Barabel
:goonsay:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hakkesshu posted:

Are we sure those are actually Trandoshans, does EW know their Star Wars species? They look way more like Barabel
:goonsay:

The horn ridge looks very much like Transdoshans, i thought they might be Weequays, but it doesn't look right, your man on the left has the Weequay looking weapon from RotJ

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
That picture is very strange, I thought they were well articulated toys at first instead of an actual set photo.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Wonder if Mando might eventually get a jetpack if they're (seemingly) upgrading his armor as the season goes on.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m beginning to think these stills just look lovely because it’s EW and they have never known how to properly use cameras or lighting.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
nothing has ever looked good in ew i wish theyd stop. theres a reason its called ew.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Shameless plug incoming: I cut together a faux "Star Wars Story" trailer for Ahsoka, based on a handful of Ahsoka-centric episodes from the second season of Rebels. Thought you all might appreciate it :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DX2HxN_EFo

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

teagone posted:

Shameless plug incoming: I cut together a faux "Star Wars Story" trailer for Ahsoka, based on a handful of Ahsoka-centric episodes from the second season of Rebels. Thought you all might appreciate it :shobon:

drat, I miss Rebels. Wonder when they'll announce that mysterious animated series Favreau and Filoni are rumored to be collaborating on.

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

I’m sure Filoni’s working on something in the animated space but hadn’t heard anything about Favreau. Any more details?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Cross-Section posted:

drat, I miss Rebels. Wonder when they'll announce that mysterious animated series Favreau and Filoni are rumored to be collaborating on.

They're collaborating on project? Maybe a big-budget Sabine/Ahsoka adventures series?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Filoni’s next animated project announced at Celebration 2020. With the Skywalker films ending, the D&D trilogy (duology?) likely not hitting until Q4 2021 at the earliest, and the big push for Disney+ shows next year, a late 2020/early 2021 premiere for an animated show set post-ROTJ would be just about perfect to hold fan attention until the next film.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

teagone posted:

That is rad as poo poo. I especially like your music cue when she sees Maul.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

DancinBrud posted:

I'm sure Filoni's working on something in the animated space but hadn't heard anything about Favreau. Any more details?

It was briefly mentioned on a Making Star Wars (one of, if not the, reputable Star Wars leak outlets) podcast a few months back.

Leaks subreddit summary posted:

Jason has heard that there is a new Star Wars animated series in the works which is more central to the story than ‘Rebels’ or ‘Resistance’. Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau are behind the series but it isn’t connected to The Mandalorian. Jason knows more but doesn’t want to say at this time.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
that was a cool trailer

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

That is rad as poo poo. I especially like your music cue when she sees Maul.

site posted:

that was a cool trailer

Thanks! :kimchi:

And yeah, when I heard that Duel of the Fates motif in the cue, I knew exactly what I had to do haha.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Filoni’s next animated project announced at Celebration 2020. With the Skywalker films ending, the D&D trilogy (duology?) likely not hitting until Q4 2021 at the earliest, and the big push for Disney+ shows next year, a late 2020/early 2021 premiere for an animated show set post-ROTJ would be just about perfect to hold fan attention until the next film.

Benioff and Weiss have a "series" of indeterminate length, and Johnson has a trilogy - those are the for sure film projects. But yeah, with them going to every-other-year with films, there's so much space for more animated stuff!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

I mentioned Rosario Dawson in my tweet featuring my Ahsoka trailer and she retweeted it :allears:

For those who don't know, Dawson has expressed interest in playing Ahsoka in live-action. Maaaaan, if she cameos as Lady Tano in Kenobi I'll lose my poo poo.

[edit] vvv :cheers:

teagone fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Sep 6, 2019

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
Your custom trailers are always cool, nice job

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Oh poo poo, this is a goonmade trailer? hell yeah.

Very nice job, excellent stuff, even the logo is good.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
Watched your trailer last night, loved it! Great job!

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Finally, a character in armor that doesn't take their helmet off because the camera wants to show off the actor

Who's PHasma

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Cross-Section posted:

It was briefly mentioned on a Making Star Wars (one of, if not the, reputable Star Wars leak outlets) podcast a few months back.

Thanks! If MSW reported it, I’m sure there’s some truth to it. “More central to the story than Rebels” to me says it involves movie characters, so I wonder if it’s a Luke post-ROTJ thing.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I found Mark Hamill's older voice a much better fit for ESB Luke when he showed up in Forces of Destiny, so if they can get him to reprise Luke in an animated series, that'd be amazing...

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

drunkill posted:

Oh poo poo, this is a goonmade trailer? hell yeah.

Very nice job, excellent stuff, even the logo is good.

:cheers: Thanks for the props on reddit!

Burning_Monk posted:

Watched your trailer last night, loved it! Great job!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

So I read Filoni is apparently really well-liked by Kathleen Kennedy, and he's being groomed to be the new 'Lucas' type creative lead for Disney-brand Star Wars moving forward. No idea how true that is since it was just from some random blurb in the comments section on io9. I also came across this tweet in the comments section though:

https://twitter.com/BespinBulletin/status/1165217381179957249

That loving giggle lmao. Maybe Ahsoka will cameo in The Mandalorian in some way.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

teagone posted:

So I read Filoni is apparently really well-liked by Kathleen Kennedy, and he's being groomed to be the new 'Lucas' type creative lead for Disney-brand Star Wars moving forward. No idea how true that is since it was just from some random blurb in the comments section on io9. I also came across this tweet in the comments section though:

https://twitter.com/BespinBulletin/status/1165217381179957249

That loving giggle lmao. Maybe Ahsoka will cameo in The Mandalorian in some way.

Star the fan casting 2019 edition!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
tessa thompson

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Rocksicles posted:

Star the fan casting 2019 edition!

Rosario Dawson, she’s already on record as saying she’d be down for it.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Do we know for sure that Ming-na Wen isn't playing an adult Sabine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
Just have Eckstein do it.