Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

COOL CORN posted:

EDIT-- queen combat how are you so adorable, teach me your secrets

I think it's having unreasonably good cheekbones

VVVVVVVVVV TMI EDIT: I'm starting to pass into the part where I don't look worse than I did pre-surgery. My wife came home yesterday after a week on the opposite coast for work, so I got dressed up and did makeup for the first time in a month to pick her up and go to dinner. That was a weird experience because now I have to learn to do makeup on new bone structure. Also, it's surprisingly hard to do when your face is numb. Specifically, my jaw, lower lip, and chin are very numbs still - my scalp is too, but that't not much of an impact aside from blow drying with cold air.

I'm super happy with the brow work and the trachea shave - those are very obvious right out of the gate, and my profile is significantly different on my forehead and nose, which was part of the goal. My jaw, and nose are still swollen (and my cheeks to a lesser degree) and will be for quite some time (swelling for 5-6 months jaw and 11-12 nose), so it's hard to see how it's all going to settle down. That said, my nose is for sure better, even swollen, it's not as wide as it was. I'm kind of trying to get used to my face, but it's changing week-to-week so it's weird. I will say that over the past few days I've had times looking at myself in the mirror from certain angles where I'm like "Oh, I look good!" and I essentially never felt that way about my face without makeup before, so overall I'm optimistic that when this is all healed I'll look good. I finish my work from home and return to the office on the 9th, so I'll probably post pictures between now and then. Pain is pretty much minimal at this point, its mainly just annoyance and impatience.

Karnegal has a new favorite as of 04:11 on Sep 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

How’s life post-surgery?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Watching desiging women while drinking gin and mountain dew with lime

My photo doesn't want to upload

rodbeard has a new favorite as of 04:21 on Sep 1, 2019

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

rodbeard posted:

Watching desiging women while drinking gin and mountain dew with lime

My photo doesn't want to upload

garth, that was a haiku

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
If you're using imgur, go straight to imgur.com/upload. Be sure to right-click on the image (or long-press on a mobile device) and "copy image location" or "copy image URL". Make sure the URL ends in .jpg or .png. If you've got an original image, append "h" before the ".jpg" to post the "huge" version, that's still most definitely a smaller filesize than the original. So, i.imgur.com/12345.jpg becomes i.imgur.com/12345h.jpg.

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

I haven't posted in this thread in a while. I'd like to provide the soundtrack for this page :)

https://soundcloud.com/tom-pellegrino-146151417/passing-lane-only

One of the new ones for the album in progress I'm working on.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Back in black!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

my hair was pretty long and pretty bad for a year or so. got it cut at the weekend. now i like it better. also my bathroom has good lighting. i like how i look here i guess.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Dorian is here. I’m south of Miami so won’t get anything terribly wild, but the rains are starting.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

jesus WEP posted:

my hair was pretty long and pretty bad for a year or so. got it cut at the weekend. now i like it better. also my bathroom has good lighting. i like how i look here i guess.

That's a good look!

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

FreshFeesh posted:

That's a good look!

Also IoS stay safe!

Did my eyebrows. Need to get more drastic, but baby steps.

Still gon' hide them with glasses, though.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It’s weird to me that it’s JUST right there, yet none of the models have it coming much closer before it runs north (to my actual home in NC :( )

I’m still on weather leave from work, and I’m betting that extends until tomorrow before we go back.

Pics and video are starting to roll in from the Bahamas (they took a category 5’s full fury for over 36hrs), and they’re not good :smith:

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I got mine waxed Friday but they didn't go as thin as I wanted which I didn't complain too much about since my pain threshold has taken a serious nosedive

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
Went out with my wife today for my birthday/15 years since we started dating. Still kind of self-conscious about the post-surgery swelling, but it's not going to be all settled down until like 5-6 months (jaw) and 11-12 months (nose). So I guess I gotta post a picture at some point, might as well be now:

It'll be a while until I get to see the real final results, but the change in profile is definitely significant already

The messy hair is not a product of the surgery, just the unexpected storm that hit us on the way home.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Congrats!

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Booze cruise this weekend

Usually I look like a big stinking pile of poop in candid shots but I like this one :buddy:

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Queen Combat posted:

Also IoS stay safe!

Did my eyebrows. Need to get more drastic, but baby steps.

Still gon' hide them with glasses, though.

You have loving amazing eyebrows.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:agreed: they’re great

rap music posted:

Booze cruise this weekend

Usually I look like a big stinking pile of poop in candid shots but I like this one :buddy:

man this is a cool pic

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

man this is a cool pic

thanks! :cheers:

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
Went to Finland for a conference and subjected my ugly mug to heinous filter abuse.

Animale
Sep 30, 2009
Was watching the dog this weekend.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm visiting my fella in a couple weeks and got my hair cut/treated today :h:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

lucky sailor

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

wait a minute you're not a bird. you loving liar

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I am on Thursdays.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I am on Thursdays.

Bird Love Thursday?

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I'm headed up to Seattle (Bothell area) for a friend's wedding this weekend—please do what you can to bring the rain, PNW goons!

This dry Californian almost forgets what it feels like

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Cute goons itt :allears:

Real shame about the whole “is a goon” thing

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
Why shame? One of my best relationships ever was with a goonette :allears:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

rap music posted:

Someone summed it up. Gonna are either the best or the worst people, very little in between

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

My favourite friends are all goons <3 <3 <3 <3

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Teagan posted:

My favourite friends are all goons <3 <3 <3 <3

:hmmyes:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

There are a handful of goons I would gladly spend real life dollars to go visit.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

Picnic Princess posted:

There are a handful of goons I would gladly spend real life dollars to go visit.

:hmmyes:

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
The only reason I have friends in and around my new city is because of goons :shobon:

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

rap music posted:

This is a weird take. Every goon I have directly interacted with - in person or online has been awesome.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Aschlafly posted:

Went to Finland for a conference and subjected my ugly mug to heinous filter abuse.

Is that the railyard crossing walkway?

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

I actually know a couple irl but they mostly lurk

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I actually know a couple irl but they mostly lurk

I’ve met quite a few from my lovely stay in DC and GiP. Plus Seattle has had a number of meet ups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

*extreme Natasha Leggerra making fun of her hometown Rockford Illinois voice*

"Girl, you ain't got no arms"