Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

he doesn't seem to have eaten a ban so the thread still had room to improve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Tweak posted:

he doesn't seem to have eaten a ban so the thread still had room to improve

I was a little surprised there isn't a probation or anything yet.

It's like there's been a competition this week for the shittiest QQCS thread possible and that OP was going for the gusto.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Generally speaking the mods don't probate people for asking questions in QCS, even if they are stupid questions.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I think Amethyst ate a 6er or two when they were stanning their balls off after BotL got a monther/ban.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I am absolutely shocked that Lowtax didn’t ban or probate that person for even considering sending him a message whining about Zoe Quinn.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Ariong posted:

I am absolutely shocked that Lowtax didn’t ban or probate that person for even considering sending him a message whining about Zoe Quinn.

He and his spine is getting softer with age

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Ariong posted:

He linked the thread and tagged Zoe on facebook to laugh about it with them. I mean I'm sure they are understandably taking time out from all of this but lol Lowtax is thoroughly on their side.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

eating only apples posted:

He linked the thread and tagged Zoe on facebook to laugh about it with them. I mean I'm sure they are understandably taking time out from all of this but lol Lowtax is thoroughly on their side.

That's amazing, that makes my day.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Haha holy poo poo.

I can only imagine the dude writing a stern letter to the SA forums host, trying vainly to escalate the ticket somehow.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Haha holy poo poo.

I can only imagine the dude writing a stern letter to the SA forums host, trying vainly to escalate the ticket somehow.

I'm sure the letter to the Better Business Bureau will shake the servers to their cores and force Lowtax to humbly apologize and lovely Wizard can post their thread about why Zoe Quinn is a lying huckster with an axe to grind and don't you know its really all about truth and ethics in video games?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
so now we have confirmation that zdr robbed lowtax, as if anyone still needed it

Lowtax posted:

Yeah I know that's the obvious answer but I just wanted to let you guys know that, even though I'm not around posting, I'm still trying to do poo poo to improve The Something Awful Forum Browsing Experience, Now In Stereo Sound. I didn't want anybody to think I was abandoning the place, and I've been actively trying to find ways to functionally make poo poo better for you all. Right now my current issue is that our previous admin, ZDR, took $4,000 from me and then stopped all communication and blocked me, and he did not deliver the server documentation I asked him for, so when and if I find another sysadmin who does not get addicted to opioids and steal my loving money, they can understand how this spaghetti factory of code and VMs all work together. gently caress

i have no idea how these forums are still around, they seem to be under a protracted karmic assault by pazuzu or something

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Oxxidation posted:

so now we have confirmation that zdr robbed lowtax, as if anyone still needed it

i have no idea how these forums are still around, they seem to be under a protracted karmic assault by pazuzu or something

ZDR was sucked into the code Captain N: The Game Master (or Tron, if you're not a pop-culture aficionado) style, and is now fighting for his survival muaddibbing across the forums matrix on digital spaghetti worms. Coincidentally, this is also the plot of Ready Player Two.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I always wonder: is the spaghetti cooked?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Yeah, it's well cooked

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Oxxidation posted:

LOL so this means ZDR's fundraiser for "not being able to afford 2 weeks unpaid time" last year was probably funding his addiction

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
ZDR confirms that you need to be high to truly understand the radiance of Radium's supercoding.

He's currently in a sensory deprivation tank so that he can achieve more transcendental lawnmower man unity with the code.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

FilthyImp posted:

ZDR confirms that you need to be high to truly understand the radiance of Radium's supercoding.

He's currently in a sensory deprivation tank so that he can achieve more transcendental lawnmower man unity with the code.

The short story they based lawnmower man on is about a weird little satyr that eats people's grass and sells it as a lawn care service which might be a more accurate analogy for this website

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

purple death ray posted:

The short story they based lawnmower man on is about a weird little satyr that eats people's grass and sells it as a lawn care service which might be a more accurate analogy for this website

You're forgetting that he's mowing the lawn naked. This is the only adaptation of Lawnmower Man approved by Stephen King himself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caKZdPlEu2U

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

this is my gettin' laid shirt

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
No stains?
How could you lie about sex, good goon?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

FilthyImp posted:

No stains?
How could you lie about sex, good goon?

I pull it up over my head like Cornholio when it's time to get down to business. Women seem to love this.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

is ZDR the one who showed up suddenly after lowtax got a ton of donations for his spine, only to grift him again?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Tweak posted:

is ZDR the one who showed up suddenly after lowtax got a ton of donations for his spine, only to grift him again?

He kept popping in and out as he needed cash, yeah. I didn't know the taxman gave him direct money again, I thought it was just got lowtax's blessing to do a fundraiser/shill for forum goodies in exchange for paypal donations.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Oxxidation posted:

it's extremely rude to bring up a goon's appearance but i have it on good authority that zdr is stunningly handsome irl and picturing him as a rakish robin hood kind of individual really adds to my mental image of the situation

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

So did I get this right:

idea: an old-fashioned message board, competently moderated by a team of talented and passionate community volunteers, a safe haven from hatred-filled social media
reality: as the site admin's spine turns to fluid at the same rate as the site's technical backend, he is scammed out of his meager funds by a moderator turned opiate addict posing as a php wizard

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

nankeen posted:

it's extremely rude to bring up a goon's appearance but i have it on good authority that zdr is stunningly handsome irl and picturing him as a rakish robin hood kind of individual really adds to my mental image of the situation

robin hood but the king is richard the 3rd

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

barbecue at the folks posted:

So did I get this right:

idea: an old-fashioned message board, competently moderated by a team of talented and passionate community volunteers, a safe haven from hatred-filled social media
reality: as the site admin's spine turns to fluid at the same rate as the site's technical backend, he is scammed out of his meager funds by a moderator turned opiate addict posing as a php wizard

Also the admin's best friend and collaborator is slowly turning into a muppet, potentially under the influence of his nazi hypnotist girlfriend
(plot twist: diaper muppet was actually abusing the nazi, who was a mentally unwell child)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Worst goon mashup is shmorky wizard, thank you goodnight

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Coolness Averted posted:

Also the admin's best friend and collaborator is slowly turning into a muppet, potentially under the influence of his nazi hypnotist girlfriend
(plot twist: diaper muppet was actually abusing the nazi, who was a mentally unwell child)

Idea: A comedy website will have semi-regular funny flash animations, made by a friend of the site owner.

Reality: A talented animator alienates everyone around them, to the extent that they are somehow the bad guy in a relationship with a meth nazi mind controller, as they slowly turn into their own fetish art: a sexless diaper muppet.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

these are irreparably tainting the original, good post

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Oxxidation posted:

What an... odd-looking... figurine.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Remember the two goons in a relationship who instead of PMing each other would post in a long dead subforum that was only delisted instead of deactivated so you could use it if you knew the id and put it in the URL bar manually? And then they were caught by a FYAD poster who apparently just checks delisted subforums regularly. Also I think one of them was underage and the other was older so there was a huge creep factor too.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Remember the two goons in a relationship who instead of PMing each other would post in a long dead subforum that was only delisted instead of deactivated so you could use it if you knew the id and put it in the URL bar manually? And then they were caught by a FYAD poster who apparently just checks delisted subforums regularly. Also I think one of them was underage and the other was older so there was a huge creep factor too.

the kheldragar-call now epic lovedump :333333 X33333

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

This is peak goon. You may not like it but this is the goon id.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I really want a explanation of how it was possible, and how someone decided to stumble onto old delisted forums and caught them, and what the subsequent callout thread looked like.

edit: While looking for Kheldragar on the SAclopedia I was treated to this amazing random entry

pentyne has a new favorite as of 00:55 on Sep 5, 2019

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

There was also a goon couple years and years ago that were so insufferable that IIRC they were told they'd both be permabanned if they ever got caught posting in the same thread. I think for a while they had vagina-looking flowers/seashells as their AVs. Psychicattack and Ikari?

e: lol I looked it up that was fifteen years ago

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

I had never heard that. Why the hell didn't they just shoot eachother emails or texts?
edit: and psychic attack and ikari weren't a couple, not even really friends if I recall, just shitposters who had a similar style and were drawn to the same sort of threads

Coolness Averted has a new favorite as of 01:11 on Sep 5, 2019

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

That sounds like something that happened on Gamefaqs a long time ago.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Worst goon mashup is shmorky wizard, thank you goodnight

I cast magic missile at the darkness and do a very good job in that aspect of the scenario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I actually met psychicattack irl at a goon meet back before the whole ikari fiasco. She's a cool fun person irl and I guess she just had a different persona online or something. I think a lot of people are like that. Maybe not cool and fun irl but just being a different person online.