Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Josherino)

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

redsniper posted:

It's conspicuous consumption conditioned into you by capitalism. You don't actually have to fill the house with poo poo. It's just a societal expectation. You can do whatever you want.

I personally look forward to the future where AR is so standard that everyones living space is barren as gently caress and all ornamentation is digitally rendered. Except for funko collectors. They will be rightfully reviled for their vestigial adherence to material ownership. That's the exclusive right of the corporate masters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We are all going to be dead before then, it'll all be gone, and no-one will believe me when I say we had this drink called soda, and it came in all sorts of colors and flavors. Or that like you could just go online and look up any question, and it was used to brain wash people into ruining the world. It's all gonna sound like magic.

Turtlicious has issued a correction as of 07:40 on Sep 2, 2019

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

We are all going to be dead before then, it'll all be gone, and no-one will believe me when I say we had this drink called soda, and it came in all sorts of colors and flavors. Or that like you could just go online and look up any question, and it was used to brain wash people into ruining the world. It's all gonna sound like magic.

well at least when who remains coalesce into actual tribes or small communities, storytelling will have evolved via ttrpgs to be interactive.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Turtlicious posted:

I've called my doctor before while my insurance was in lapse and had them issue a new one with no charge. My pharmacy, Rite-Aid also will fax my doctor a week before my refills are up and they keep approving more refills so you may want to try that.

Stay safe fellow med-needing goon.

Well here's my problem: I switched to a different insurance plan precisely because my doctor was a money grubbing rear end in a top hat and his clinic was the only one close to me on my old network, his receptionist already told me on the phone that he wouldn't renew the scrip without an appointment at full price which is a ridiculously high number, just an unbelievable amount of money for a 5 minute visit

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
American health care is a crime against humanity

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Mayor Dave posted:

American health care is a crime against humanity

hear, hear

chop, chop

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mayor Dave posted:

Well here's my problem: I switched to a different insurance plan precisely because my doctor was a money grubbing rear end in a top hat and his clinic was the only one close to me on my old network, his receptionist already told me on the phone that he wouldn't renew the scrip without an appointment at full price which is a ridiculously high number, just an unbelievable amount of money for a 5 minute visit

That blows dude, I'm so sorry.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Turtlicious posted:

You're on the down swing now dude after the mania that got you talking about cow extermination. Just hang in there until you get back on your medicine.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Turtlicious posted:

That blows dude, I'm so sorry.

Well lucky for me I'm not on anything that zaps the brain during withdrawal and I only have to wait two more weeks so it's not all bad, the last few weeks have definitely been a reminder why I started getting treated in the first place tho lmao

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Goon Danton posted:

I don't, but a friend was encouraging me to over messenger, so I'll just copy paste what she was saying about them:
Hm I guess I’ll give it a go, though am already expecting to add it to the pile of “poo poo I’ve tried that didn’t work for me / I failed at keeping up with”

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Turtlicious posted:

Coca-Cola is eternal.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I assume you mean that it won't biodegrade and there will be a new, syrupy La Brea Tar Pits by the Coke bottling factory

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Hope everyone managed to get some sleep last night and happy labor day

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

Hope everyone managed to get some sleep last night and happy labor day

I actually did get a good nights sleep for once :stoked:

Dragomorph
Aug 21, 2007

HE'S NOT A REAL GOON, SAM!

Can I keep his head as a souvenir?

Say, why is it ticking?
I'd been having luck for a long time playing droning meditation music at night to keep my anxiety dreams down, but either the fan in the room drowns it out too much, or my brain is bored of the same stuff since I have to use an app ever since YouTube got real loving dumb about playing videos for long periods of time without interaction, or I've officially put off doing more dissertation work for too long. Whatever the reason, my anxiety dreams are coming back, hooraaaaay, Guess I better get back to work on that thing.

Side question, does anybody else in here have a hard time getting out of bed in the mornings because they're inexplicably anxious? Like, not even about anything in particular, just this uncomfortable feeling in your gut that puts you in a feedback loop where you can't really alleviate it unless you get up, but you don't want to get up due to anxiety. I figure it relates to cortisol buildup in some way but I may be talking out of my rear end.

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Dragomorph posted:

I'd been having luck for a long time playing droning meditation music at night to keep my anxiety dreams down, but either the fan in the room drowns it out too much, or my brain is bored of the same stuff since I have to use an app ever since YouTube got real loving dumb about playing videos for long periods of time without interaction, or I've officially put off doing more dissertation work for too long. Whatever the reason, my anxiety dreams are coming back, hooraaaaay, Guess I better get back to work on that thing.

Side question, does anybody else in here have a hard time getting out of bed in the mornings because they're inexplicably anxious? Like, not even about anything in particular, just this uncomfortable feeling in your gut that puts you in a feedback loop where you can't really alleviate it unless you get up, but you don't want to get up due to anxiety. I figure it relates to cortisol buildup in some way but I may be talking out of my rear end.

That happens to me a lot! I wake up with a racing heart and a pit in my stomach for no reason. The only thing that helps me is just getting out of bed and going to make coffee or something, but it's really hard to do. I never thought of what the physical cause could be...

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
my medication ran out and I panicked.

however I successfully ordered more and will get it tomorrow afternoon due to the holiday

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lightning Knight posted:

my medication ran out and I panicked.

however I successfully ordered more and will get it tomorrow afternoon due to the holiday

👍

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Having a really hard time keeping a consistent mood. Or maybe I am, it's just consistently flopping between sad and anxious.

So sad I want to lie down.

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

bored af, napped most of the day, and thinking intensely about food i cant have

poverty and mental illness are like chocolate and peanutbutter

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

cant sleep. goddamn brains

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kyle Hyde posted:

bored af, napped most of the day, and thinking intensely about food i cant have

poverty and mental illness are like chocolate and peanutbutter

friend if you need money for foods hit up plinkey the goon food fund exists for a reason do not be ashamed to use it

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

cspam is brain poison but posting anywhere else is far more frustrating

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Poniard posted:

cspam is brain poison but posting anywhere else is far more frustrating

Thirding (fourthing?) Terminally Online as a new addition to DSMV

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
it's been a while since i complained about my job, so: i still hate it. mind-numbing bullshit.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

fyi, i told a work buddy of mine who has BP2 well under control with medication and therapy. We grabbed lunch today and he was saying he wished he could give backmore, so I told him about the NAMI in our own voices program and he's gonna check it out, so there's 2 people you've got nominally involved. wanted to let you know :)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Eat This Glob posted:

fyi, i told a work buddy of mine who has BP2 well under control with medication and therapy. We grabbed lunch today and he was saying he wished he could give backmore, so I told him about the NAMI in our own voices program and he's gonna check it out, so there's 2 people you've got nominally involved. wanted to let you know :)

:blush:

ty!!!

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012

Dragomorph posted:

Yeah only every god damned day! I figured it was just good old procrastination but it makes sense that it could be an actual mental issue. Let me know if y'all figure out one weird trick to combat this.

Saganlives
Jul 6, 2005

Addamere posted:

friend if you need money for foods hit up plinkey the goon food fund exists for a reason do not be ashamed to use it

thanks, but that's not the case. i have food available, but that does not stop me from thinking of other food, you see.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Very depressed today, hopefully being out of the house for an appointment will cheer me up by forcing me to interact with humans

PsychedelicWarlord
Sep 8, 2016

Addamere posted:

Very depressed today, hopefully being out of the house for an appointment will cheer me up by forcing me to interact with humans

sending you light psychic forces

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PsychedelicWarlord posted:

sending you light psychic forces

thanks postin pal :glomp:

threefold blessings upon u

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Equeen posted:

it's been a while since i complained about my job, so: i still hate it. mind-numbing bullshit.

:same:

im at work

gettin paid to post

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Lightning Knight posted:

im at work

gettin paid to post

don't forget to get paid to poop as well

don't do both at once, capital doesn't deserve multitasking

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Lightning Knight posted:

im at work

gettin paid to post

I'm working from home today and my shy cat who doesn't like to hang out when the dogs are moving around is laying at my feet purring, so even though my job is boring and doesn't pay me enough, I have a kitty to pet while my wife has the pups with her :3:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Eat This Glob posted:

I'm working from home today and my shy cat who doesn't like to hang out when the dogs are moving around is laying at my feet purring, so even though my job is boring and doesn't pay me enough, I have a kitty to pet while my wife has the pups with her :3:

I refer to my cats as "technical assistants" while on the phone WFH :3:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Eat This Glob posted:

I wish I worked from home. :negative:

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Failson posted:

Anyone heard from A Big Fuckin Hornet lately?

Ha my first unread post after getting out of the hospital. poo poo is rough. Currently hitchhiking from Charlotte to SE Michigan with relatively little money. Any bored goons in the Winston Salem area feel like a road trip lol. Things are desperate enough that I'm only half joking.

No idea what I'm going to do when I get there anyways, convince my mom to let me stay with her in Detroit I guess. Being a homeless transient sucks rear end lol.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

Lightning Knight posted:

I wish I worked from home. :negative:

i love it and not having a 3 hour (round trip) commute rules, but I dont get to do it as much as Iike. the upsides (namely, sleeping two hours later and no evening commute) far out weigh the downsides (your house is your office). Sorry you dont get the chance :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Padams
Jun 30, 2000

I Have the Power

to turn your property's lights off
ADHD + depression is a pretty lovely combo. I’m either too sad and down to do anything to improve my life, or I’m feeling good and end up playing video games for hours on end.

I have a ton of things I ought to be doing instead, like redoing my resume, applying for better jobs than my current soul sucking customer care job, taking online classes etc. I’ve always envied people who could decide what the gently caress they want to do with their lives and tirelessly work to achieve their goals since they were kids. Meanwhile here I am at 34 not doing anything important except some scattershot DSA/reclaim events once in a blue moon and not knowing what I want to be when I grow up (lol)

Also, whoever bought me my new avatar on here, you rock.