Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Vasquez vs. T2 Sarah Connor

Chose sides now.

Yolomon Wayne fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

T2 Sarah Connor, because there's something far more reassuring about her than Vasquez. Vasquez would probably get you killed, and she's clearly insubordinate.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Chose sides now.

Vasquez every time

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Vagabundo posted:

T2 Sarah Connor, because there's something far more reassuring about her than Vasquez. Vasquez would probably get you killed, and she's clearly insubordinate.

You always were an rear end in a top hat, Vagabundo.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Chose sides now.
A new challenger has entered the game

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Chose sides now.

That's a terrible thing to do to us.

It's hard to decide. Sarah Connor just put up her bed and used the bottom bar to become a badass. Vasquez is also already a badass and she kill good. She was also in T2 as the foster mother.

drat. Don't do this to me.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

AFewBricksShy posted:

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
Vasquez couldn’t even survive her own movie, smgdh at anyone who thinks she could take on SEHRAH KONNAH

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

skasion posted:

Vasquez couldn’t even survive her own movie, smgdh at anyone who thinks she could take on SEHRAH KONNAH

I'm throwing in my vote for Sarah Connor.

I'm sorry Vasquez.

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
i found a joy in watching it recently that i hadn't experienced in movies since i was a kid

didn't get to finish the whole movie though so i look forward to seeing the ending.

Dr. Heart Collapse
Oct 30, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

madeintaipei posted:

Robocop kinda fits, why not the Verhoeven-sphere? I say Ver-hoi-ven you say Ver-höv-en, probs both wrong.

i believe there might be a strong significance with the movie robocop but i'm not quite sure, sorta like the back to the future series being a significant movie series and somehow connected.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Chose sides now.

both very formative experiences for young me

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Vasquez. Anytime, anywhere.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Sep 4, 2019

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I'm throwing in my vote for Sarah Connor.

I'm sorry Vasquez.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I just looked up interviews on youtube with Paul Verhoeven to see if someone said his name. I'm not sure if he's correct but the interviewer said Paul Ver-hoe-ven. Hoe like the garden tool. Hoh.

Greggster
Aug 14, 2010

They missed such a great opportunity to quote the man himself with Tom Cruise who could've just asked how to get out of that chickenshit outfit.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Vasquez encountered xenos in Aliens and the T1000 in T2 so she's got the leg up on experience I guess. They both do good pullups though so I dunno

E: wait she's also crossover buddies with two badasses in both movies so she's well-networked too. Vasquez 100%

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Sep 4, 2019

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

Lol get hosed.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I just looked up interviews on youtube with Paul Verhoeven to see if someone said his name. I'm not sure if he's correct but the interviewer said Paul Ver-hoe-ven. Hoe like the garden tool. Hoh.
Being a Dutch name, pronouncing it corrrectly would be closer to Ver-hoo-ven. In order for it to be pronounced Ver-hoe-ven, it would actually be spelt Verhooven though.

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Vasquez encountered xenos in Aliens and the T1000 in T2 so she's got the leg up on experience I guess. They both do good pullups though so I dunno

E: wait she's also crossover buddies with two badasses in both movies so she's well-networked too. Vasquez 100%
Vasquez died both times. Sarah Connor is still kicking around after fighting off two types of Terminator. Sarah Connor wins :colbert:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
After the events of The Terminator Sarah Connor bumped around Central & South America learning how to fight & do poo poo. Does that mean she was running with rebels during the Central American Crisis? FARC in Colombia?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Sarah Connor's stint with the School of the Americas remains one of the more underdeveloped facets of her character.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

I love how jacked Linda Hamilton got for T2. When I was a kid, it took me a while to process that Sarah Connor in Terminator and Sarah Connor in T2 were played by the same person.

Obviously her losing the deeply 80s hairstyle from The Terminator was a big factor in that too.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Greggster posted:

They missed such a great opportunity to quote the man himself with Tom Cruise who could've just asked how to get out of that chickenshit outfit.

I can 100% imagine his delivery of the line and ngl it sohnds great in my head.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Voting Floater posted:

I love how jacked Linda Hamilton got for T2. When I was a kid, it took me a while to process that Sarah Connor in Terminator and Sarah Connor in T2 were played by the same person.

Same, I had no clue as a dummy kid.

Shoulda kept the hair though :love:

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Voting Floater posted:

Obviously her losing the deeply 80s hairstyle from The Terminator was a big factor in that too.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Fun fact: Vasquez was played by Jenette Goldstein.

People Magazine posted:

JENETTE GOLDSTEIN

Arguably the most memorable of the Space Marines featured in Aliens, Jenette Goldstein's PFC Jenette Vasquez was her first film role, and it won her a Saturn Award. Goldstein would appear alongside Aliens costars Lance Henriksen and Bill Paxton in Kathryn Bigelow's vampire Western Near Dark and go onto roles in Star Trek: Generations and Titanic. She is currently the proprietor of a large-cup bra specialty store called Jenette Bras.

Also, the actress for Newt retired from the business early to become a teacher.

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Sep 4, 2019

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

She was mad shape but to the point where it was kinda weird. Like 'monkey skeleton wrapped in sinew and injection-molded inside a David Byrne suit' weird

E:

Binary Badger posted:

I recognized Carrie Henn (and verified it was her) at a house party in Rancho Cucamonga, CA in the late 90s when I was in the service and never approached her because I was a starstruck nerd. That is my one lifetime celebrity story

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Sep 4, 2019

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I forgot Goldstein was in Near Dark. That movie also had Bill Paxton, Lance Hendrikson, and was directed by Katheryn Bigelow.

I want to watch that movie again. Vagrant vampires need to make a comeback.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

I’d take the one who experienced her own death thousands of times over the other 2. Vasquez was a badass, Sarah Kicked rear end, but I’m going with the angel of Verdun.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Binary Badger posted:

Yep, and the line about "illegal aliens" was an in-joke (at the time) to her initial audition (note: Jenette Goldstein had been living in England for something like three years at the time and the only info that she had on the movie was a notice saying "Genuine American actors, British Equity, for feature film Aliens, 20th Century Fox." ):

quote:

“I had seen Alien, but I had no idea this was a sequel. It had been so long ago, it didn’t even occur to me. I thought it was about actual aliens, you know, immigrants to a country. I was wondering why they wanted Americans. I figured the movie was about lots of different immigrants to England.”
She did get a second chance to audition however (due to wearing a sleeveless blouse which showed off her gymnast's arms), this time dressed for the part, and the rest is history!

Binary Badger posted:

Also true, and if you're only going to be in one movie then it might as well be Aliens. She's also stayed in contact with Sigourney Weaver ever since!

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Binary Badger posted:

Everyone forgets this is also John Conner's adopted mom in Terminator 2! You see her blade the dude to the fridge!

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit

marijuanamancer posted:

Everyone forgets this is also John Conner's adopted mom in Terminator 2! You see her blade the dude to the fridge!

This has always blown my mind. She's a good actor.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

AFewBricksShy posted:

I’d take the one who experienced her own death thousands of times over the other 2. Vasquez was a badass, Sarah Kicked rear end, but I’m going with the angel of Verdun.

What the gently caress's it got to do with this thread, clownskull?

Better get Rose Sayer on the ticket too!

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

marijuanamancer posted:

Foster mom technically but splitting hairs there.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Android Apocalypse posted:

I forgot Goldstein was in Near Dark. That movie also had Bill Paxton, Lance Hendrikson, and was directed by Katheryn Bigelow.

I want to watch that movie again. Vagrant vampires need to make a comeback.

Near Dark was great, as well as getting the cast of Aliens back together in a completely different type of movie.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Runaktla posted:

Foster mom technically but splitting hairs there.

tru sorry homie

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

What the gently caress's it got to do with this thread, clownskull?

Better get Rose Sayer on the ticket too!

You’re right. A jacked lady fighting off aliens in an awesome sci fi movie has nothing to do with this thread, you nincompoop.
Edge of tomorrow is a great movie and if we can talk about the terminator and Starship Troopers in this thread, edge of tomorrow is fair game too.
Plus the Hudson crossover. Man I was bummed when I found out he had died.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Relevant, and gave me a reason to giggle after hearing their voices while reading.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Vasquez won a loving grappling match with an alien, put a boot to it's head and blew it's goddamn head off. Nothing Sara Connor did even comes close to that and no human in the entire Alien franchise ever showed that level of physical domination over the xenomorph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Sarah Conner wanted to survive

Vasquez wanted to kill