Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Do you think they'll release a version of Astral Chain that has no anime? I want to play it but if people see me playing anime they may try to bury me in a pit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Pharohman777 posted:

Well in the opening cutscene, upon being given a body, the first thing the legion does is try to murder everyone, and that continues even as the restraints are put on. And the chimera have been killing humans for a long while now, even before the legion program was developed. I think the chimera have to be subjugated like that because by default they try and kill humans.

Well what goes against this is (early plot spoilers)when the team gets dragged into the other dimension and all the legions freak out and attack their masters, the sword legion and the MC just kind of stare at each other. The question then is, why does the sword legion not attack the MC like the other legions. My theory is that all the other Legatus users are trying to treat the legions like pets, while the MC treats the sword legion as an equal.

And if you were dragged into another dimension and immediately had shackles slapped on you, you'd probably try and defend yourself too.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 4, 2019

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

Al-Saqr posted:

I'm shaking I really loving hope it's Metal Slug in smash I know it's a big ask and a really low probability but man oh man....

Sandwich Mode

Shart Carbuncle fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 4, 2019

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Pharohman777 posted:

Well in the opening cutscene, upon being given a body, the first thing the legion does is try to murder everyone, and that continues even as the restraints are put on. And the chimera have been killing humans for a long while now, even before the legion program was developed. I think the chimera have to be subjugated like that because by default they try and kill humans.

Slavery and brainwashing is worse than death, HTH

PantsBandit posted:

Well what goes against this is (early plot spoilers)when the team gets dragged into the other dimension and all the legions freak out and attack their masters, the sword legion and the MC just kind of stare at each other. The question then is, why does the sword legion not attack the MC like the other legions. My theory is that all the other Legatus users are trying to treat the legions like pets, while the MC treats the sword legion as an equal.

And if you were dragged into another dimension and immediately had shackles slapped on you, you'd probably try and defend yourself too.

Nah, you have to beat the poo poo out of it to make it submissive so you can slap chains on it again.

I'm going to keep playing because it's fun but the story this far is ROUGH.

Edit:
As far as Pokemon are concerned, the official canon is that Pokemon only travel with you voluntarily. The very nature of Pokemon is to fight so they want to chill and battle.

Please excuse the Master Ball, the implied slavery therein and why you'd ever need a stronger grade of Pokeball to begin with.

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Sep 4, 2019

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Yeah tbh I think the Chimera are pretty justified because the humans do equally (actually, worse???) poo poo to them and have been literally since the two worlds first collided.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone have a youtube link for the direct?

I can only find the UK one

Mega64
May 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNgmufIGhEg

Is this it?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Looks like, THanks!

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Looks like, yeah.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I hope they announce some new indie games. and by new I mean poo poo I didn't play on my PC 7 years ago. :v:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I keep forgetting that I have Tangledeep.

It's a hoot but I died a bunch at the first boss and never figured out how to get past it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Metroid Prime 4 will be delayed again despite the fact that it doesn’t actually have a release window

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Augus posted:

Metroid Prime 4 will be delayed again despite the fact that it doesn’t actually have a release window

Last I heard anything was that Nintendo decided to scrap what they had for Prime 4 and start over again.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
30 minutes folks grab your nuts and pray to the gods for Metal Slug in Smash.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Mega64 posted:

Do you think they'll release a version of Astral Chain that has no anime? I want to play it but if people see me playing anime they may try to bury me in a pit.
What would this game even be without :siren:anime:siren:? You punch one guy and game over?

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
looking forward to playing doom 64 on the nintendo switch in 1 hour.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Crossing my Fingers for a Wonderful 101 port. Astral Chain made me hungry to play it again and I don't wanna get my Wii U out

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

SardonicTyrant posted:

What would this game even be without :siren:anime:siren:? You punch one guy and game over?

one punch guy is hugely anime. it's like pure anime

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

one punch guy is hugely anime. it's like pure anime

Making a One Punch Man game might just be the challenge platinum needs to really even out the rest of their game design

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

holy gently caress that chat is moving fast.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Regarding loot box/MTX or whatever - I think a baby step everyone should be okay with is doing something to stop the poo poo Activision pulled with CTR where they added microtransactions later to dodge putting it on the box/bad reviews/whatever poor intentions they had

Either from the start or never

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Making a One Punch Man game might just be the challenge platinum needs to really even out the rest of their game design

You play as a villain and lose against Saitama as the final boss.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Inzombiac posted:

I'm going to keep playing because it's fun but the story this far is ROUGH.

I feel like it's intentional and that it's going to have something to say, but I'll reserve judgement until I finish it.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Nah, you have to beat the poo poo out of it to make it submissive so you can slap chains on it again.

It's anime, you have to beat the poo poo out of someone before they'll respect you.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

All I want are final evos for the starters to be revealed for Pokemon.

Also Fire Fighting :v:

Mega64 posted:

Thanks for reminding us there are things in this world worse than loot boxes.

People hate Penny Arcade now?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Less than fifteen minutes until the Direct, this is your last chance to send your prayers to heaven for an official English release of Mother 3 to be announced.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
If you tap your thumb on the front of your teeth, it makes the sound of the calendar footsteps in fire emblem th

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mega64 posted:

Less than fifteen minutes until the Direct, this is your last chance to send your prayers to heaven ......

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!
F Z E R O R A M M E R S

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Iggy's Wrecking Balls 2, please

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

The Bloop posted:

Anyone have a youtube link for the direct?

I can only find the UK one

...why would this be a problem?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Butterfly Valley posted:

...why would this be a problem?

I honestly don't know.

Different indies/ release dates? Region blocking? Brexit?

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Nintendo!!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hold onto your butts, butt-holders!

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

If we don't hear a peep about Animal Crossing I'm throwing my chair through a window

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I can’t wait for the new Smash character, the SNES Classic.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It’s on motherfuckers

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

I definitely heard this in a chipper girl's compressed voice thanks to playing so much Tetris Attack as a kid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPqfCoKQffw&t=3s

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Someone in YouTube chat said 'Homie the Clown for Smash' and I strongly agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

welp