Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Joementum posted:

lost it during the last TrueAnon pod when it was revealed Cormac McCarthy came up in connection with the Epstein Ranch and Brace said "this is Yes Country For Young Girls"

that was a v good joke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Matt Taibbi started a new podcast w/ Katie Halper called “Useful Idiots”

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

R. Guyovich posted:

lmao at letting that old rear end in a top hat go on and on about chinese colonialism or whatever for their thousands of braindead fans to swallow uncritically the same way they did the orb meme woman

Eh it seemed to me like they were intentionally asking questions in a way that let sestak dig himself into a ditch. I doubt sestak persuaded people

It was hilarious listening to sestak explain how he's an expert on China because he backpacked through it once

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Matt Taibbi started a new podcast w/ Katie Halper called “Useful Idiots”

How's the podcast?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
Hi everyone! Myself and some other people from the UK Marxist Thread have done a podcast, and we'd love for you all to listen to it. Someone described it as "low key british chapo" which is a bit too generous but I think we did a pretty ok job for first timers. Hope you like it, if you hate it you can pm me abuse or whatever.

https://praxiscast.podbean.com/?fbclid=IwAR1PGDdOeTS7JpXJq968416AXrmpb-3FkT9HqEvDbn7QUOotrAlejVnNyFk

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Coohoolin posted:

Hi everyone! Myself and some other people from the UK Marxist Thread have done a podcast, and we'd love for you all to listen to it. Someone described it as "low key british chapo" which is a bit too generous but I think we did a pretty ok job for first timers. Hope you like it, if you hate it you can pm me abuse or whatever.

https://praxiscast.podbean.com/?fbclid=IwAR1PGDdOeTS7JpXJq968416AXrmpb-3FkT9HqEvDbn7QUOotrAlejVnNyFk

no don’t, do it in public so I can take offence at it as well tia

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

What is the world's most dangerous podcast?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
the newest free Trillbillies starting with Tanya outing herself as not only having driven to the recording hosed up, but having pressured a newly-minted 21 year old into doing shots before a long drive too, getting increasingly distressed by both facts until they change topic was too real. then it got darkly funny when they veered to talking about what gets cut from recordings and Terrence admits nothing except anything that makes him look bad

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Agent Penis posted:

Pod Save America probably

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Autism Sneaks posted:

but having pressured a newly-minted 21 year old into doing shots

hell yeah get that 20 something pipe

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
i asked in another thread and was ignored: are there any good podcasts along the lines of The Dollop, but about the history of the UK? i know Dave and Garreth are doing UK episodes now, but i'm more interested in something that's regular and UK specific.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

How's the podcast?

haven't had the time to check it out yet.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Coohoolin posted:

i'll say this much, it's far better than trashfuture b/c you're not a pack of shithead londoners hosed up on wine

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

AnimeIsTrash posted:

How's the podcast?

It's pretty alright! A bit more serious-minded than TARFU report. So far they've only had a couple of episodes--theyve interviewed Tulsi Gabbard and Eli Valley, respectively. They also have some decent segments mocking the news

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/philorphilip/status/1166797022269018112?s=19

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
So, realized tonight my friend is except for not having a leather couch. The quintessential hot couch Midwesterner.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
https://twitter.com/AbbyMartin/status/1168953628767506433?s=19

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

earofavegetaplanet posted:

I've never listened to Mueller She Wrote, but I can't imagine that had a very good effect on its listeners' psyches.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Majorian posted:

I've never listened to Mueller She Wrote, but I can't imagine that had a very good effect on its listeners' psyches.

the hosts reported an influx of calls and emails from suicidal fans after mueller's investigation turned out to be a bust lmao

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
Citations Needed is back. It's a podcast a few people here like (for good reason). This episode they're tackling the portrayal of homelessness in the news. I haven't finished listening to it yet but my guess is it's not good.

https://soundcloud.com/citationsneeded

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Starshark posted:

Citations Needed is back. It's a podcast a few people here like (for good reason). This episode they're tackling the portrayal of homelessness in the news. I haven't finished listening to it yet but my guess is it's not good.

oh hell yeah :hellyeah:

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
So is this prodromal schizophrenia or just the regular kind?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
It's like getting mad at someone who wronged you in a dream lol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Starshark posted:

so happy to see this pop up

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
The sad thing is, the human brain is the most powerful “deep fake” (as he himself tries to contextualize this) generator in the world and he’s definitely sampled hundreds of hours of Chapo content to convincingly keep up a fake conversation and especially if he has no biological/psychological context for what’s going on (hypnagogia/hypnopompia at the very least, psychoses or schizophrenia if more severe), so he is being gaslit but only by his own head.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dr. Killjoy posted:

I thought V2K was a drug, but no, it's much stupider than that

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Victory Position posted:

:same:

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Victory Position posted:

V2K sounds like the MacGuffin street drug in an action movie but it's actually the MacGuffin secret weapon in an action movie

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

Dr. Killjoy posted:

The sad thing is, the human brain is the most powerful “deep fake” (as he himself tries to contextualize this) generator in the world and he’s definitely sampled hundreds of hours of Chapo content to convincingly keep up a fake conversation and especially if he has no biological/psychological context for what’s going on (hypnagogia/hypnopompia at the very least, psychoses or schizophrenia if more severe), so he is being gaslit but only by his own head.

I gave myself a mild case of prodromal schizophrenia by binging pods when I delivered mail, I'd listen to like 7 hours of cumtown a day (wore headphones all shift cuz I was a rural carrier) and I started hearing stavs laugh...without any headphones in, so I switched back to music for a couple days and was fine

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Think I'll give this a listen when I'm free. I'm interested in the deep state's take on this.

https://twitter.com/mendelkalmenson/status/1169233765576691713?s=19

https://twitter.com/mendelkalmenson/status/1169296783551410181?s=19

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

im very glad i'm not schizophrenic and don't think chapo is using telepathic weaponry to harass me, and instead am normal and once had a dream where I was being menaced by a 30 foot tall nonverbal matt christman but managed to placate him by singing union civil war songs

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Russian troll farm posted:

30 foot tall nonverbal matt christman

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Listen to this instead

https://twitter.com/AbbyMartin/status/1168953628767506433?s=19

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

Dr. Killjoy posted:

it’s nice to know I’m not absolutely insane sometimes, this is absolutely insane

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
that's how you know you've made it. when people start thinking you are gang stalking them.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

hosed up that he forced those politicians to gently caress kids in order to blackmail them.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

I don't think you get why I'm listening to it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

MizPiz posted:

I don't think you get why I'm listening to it

Why listen to a bunch of pedophile apologists make apologies for pedophiles?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Mr Hootington posted:

Why listen to a bunch of pedophile apologists make apologies for pedophiles?

Pretty much the same reason Chris listens to Pod Save America

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Is there a pod that just shits on every new ep of PSA that comes out? That would probably be okay for some laughs