Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Alright here's my BoB level:

There's a few secrets, and I also built the stage in a way so that there's a speedrun route you can take if you want to try and get a WR on it instead of just playing it normally. I won't say how fast I personally was able to do my own level, I wanna see if others are able to figure out a faster way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crass Casualty
May 9, 2004
The artist formerly known as Iron Stalin
Just made a new level during a break from Astral Chain.

Turn It Off Before You Go
M9J-LY4-50H

Not as hard to design as I thought it might be, but hopefully, it's clear what the player is supposed to do.

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

I've made a few more levels, and for two of them, I am sorry.

QYF-DCC-WHG SKP 1-4
Fourth stage in an exercise in building an easier stage for my four year old to beat. Turns out, they're all too hard still, oops! Anyway, this is a lava stage with thwomps and firebars and some koopas, finishing with a boss fight against a boom boom. You can go standard way and save yoshi, or take the "super secret fast route" and kill yoshi.

I wasn't having the best week, so I took it out on mario maker and made these awful things:
9GT-L2D-RSF Work [TROLL]
My first attempt at doing some kind of troll stage, except it's not a usual clever fun troll thing, just a series of annoying encounters to waste your time. First checkpoint still puts you back at the start, there's an annoying vertical scrolling section with one correct pipe to find and hammer bros, and... Yeah. Take the left door, then the second pipe on the left Somehow this got likes nearly immediately after I posted it???

C90-Y97-BRF Rounddog Hill
Some lifts take you to the entrance to rounddog hill, where there are round dogs and ice physics. Vertical climb Getting Over It kind of thing with a lot of crouch jumps. There are a few mushroom checks, and mushrooms only come at the very top and bottom. Tried to use the two tile high snowman ground tile to indicate where to do your crouch jumps, but sometimes a normal jump could work.

I've been following and playing a bunch of your levels, I don't really have a lot to say about most of them except they are all really fun and clever and I'm stealing ideas to use later on from all of you!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Too Shy Guy posted:

BoB: Mushy Canopy: 1J2-3RF-RWG

Oh I love the design of this one, and I actually didn't parse how high up the top path was and missed it until the end of the level. It was nice that they top off at the actually treetops of the background, makes it more synergistic than you'd expect from the idea of a low and high path level. This seems like it would make a good intro level in my mind, since it's rather quick and simple. Fun stuff.

quote:

BoB: Blighted Beach: KJJ-NY0-XJF

Look at this classic-rear end Lakitu level. And right when you can kill the first one you smartly have a second one show up. I also like how low the ground is to the poison, it actually makes me laugh a little that if you miss the flag at the end the ground is just low enough for the poison to kill you. This were both good classic playing levels.

Control Volume posted:

BoB - Fortress in the Fen
C3P-C40-P9G

I played this one earlier when I randomly saw it in the Hot Courses tab, so if this one blows up you'll know why. This level is really good at playing with the lava and pacing itself accordingly, you can see this really well with the "boss" at the end which plays with dry bones lava immunity and timing, which wouldn't work if the level let you get there too early ahead of the lava. I didn't even the see the secrets the first time and was pleased once I booted it up the second time to look for them, they're very rewarding.

DarkLich posted:

After an extended Fire Emblem related hiatus, I've managed to find enough creative energy to pump out a few more levels. SMV returns with the Caustic Kingdom!

Oh, I was waiting for these to come back. In all the levels I've played I don't think I saw a single person play with the old "shells hitting and on/off switch" trick except with dry bones shells until the first level, which ended up making it a way more interesting mechanic. Waiting on donut blocks with angry wigglers on your rear end is a new one, and I like the multiple autoscroll sections from the third level. And that's one of the most simple yet painful additions to a Boom Boom fight I've seen yet. Lovely levels all around.

blakyoshi posted:

Mt. Slimecano
R7B-6XB-6HG

I like lazy chase levels like this where the rising poison is very obvious threat, but it's also slow enough that you can make a mistake every now and then. There's a nice feeling to thinking that you were really far away from it only to gently caress up and suddenly be panicking because you're too close, which you don't really get with the faster rising levels. Also good use of very light puzzle elements that take up time while you're trying to rush while still actually having plenty of time.

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

Cold, Cold Canyon - H70-N0F-MGF - This one took a long time to make and people are bad at it....... tell me if I have to make it easier because I will.

idk, seems plenty fair to me. Has a nice challenge and good theming, it suddenly occured to me that a light autoscroll really fits with this theme and music. I think there was one dicey moment with a donut block and ice but it works in context with the level.

quote:

Munchers and Moles - YNF-F0W-QJG - This sat on my system 100% unchanged for six weeks. Finally I came up with a title last night and convinced myself it was good enough to post. I thought it was too easy. Almost nobody's finished it and it's probably getting "boo"ed so someone tell it's not too hard.

Well, it's easier than the autoscroll level I think. I like that there's a section where it seems like I can keep trying to fly with the cape but there's something that will knock me out of it in a safe way, and the little valleys with noteblocks on the sides led to a fun bit where poo poo is bouncing all over the place and I launched a shell with a ton of momentum that kept perfectly hitting them on the edge and bouncing up to hit all the other bouncing stuff, it was a good one.

quote:

Lakitu Lake - 6PR-KRT-RNF -Okay so these were all on my system for a long time while I tweaked minor bullshit and worried about minor bullshit. This one's an experiment with Lakitus.

I've seen way ruder levels underwater with lakitus that were still super fair, don't worry. If anything it made me note how lazy Mario Maker is about bloopers, for some reason it seems weird that when a blooper gets thrown down it just doesn't give a gently caress about the water level and floats up into the air. I mean, I know you can do that in above ground levels because what else are they gonna do there, but here I wish they got stopped by the water level. That said this level works perfectly for what it's going for and we can always use more water levels.

Udenpah posted:

Also, I saw a novel thing you could eat with Yoshi on one of OneMoreTime's streams and made a quick level featuring it. Fewer janky jumps, more janky dinosaurs barfing tools on moles.

Toefur 4: A Little Tongue Work
568-C60-4NF

turns out yoshi was dumber than a sack of hammers because it's all he eats. Nice little challenges based around Yoshi's iron-clad stomach, they all work correctly and are easy to reset if you mess up.

dog nougat posted:

Slippin N Slidin
1LT-GP2-T5G

Again, like the powerups and route split, seemed more explicit this time. I also like that the section where I had to collect the red coins let me get to the door without actually knowing I was looking for them in that section, because then it let me go back and examine that "hey yeah there actually was a bunch of places for coins to hide here" which I don't think I've seen pulled off too much. Timer felt a little short maybe? But I only heard the 100 second warning, I think I still had plenty of time.

Macaluso posted:

Hey DalaranJ, are hidden blocks allowed in the BoB levels

edit: Too late there's a hidden block, uploading course now

I added some to mine simply because if you try to hit a block as giant mario it'll break on the first hit, unless it's a hidden block, so that way you could still get some bonuses and stuff after you can be giant mario.

Macaluso posted:

Alright here's my BoB level:

Oh I can see the autoscroller in it already, there's a very obvious routed path to go through this level if you want to do it fast, but it's still easy to just play it regularly and make it through without too much trouble. Looks nice to boot.

Crass Casualty posted:

M9J-LY4-50H

I like this idea, there's an Indiana Jones-themed level like this on the spreadsheet that I liked, too, though that one was more focused on raw speed while this had a few bits with hazards to avoid. The only real criticism I have is the bullet bill blasters right after the switch seem to be a bit finicky as to where they'll appear which can make that more or less difficult based on when you hit the switch, but otherwise it's really nice to see the hazards you'll be coming back to ahead of time.

tonberi posted:

QYF-DCC-WHG SKP 1-4
Fourth stage in an exercise in building an easier stage for my four year old to beat. Turns out, they're all too hard still, oops! Anyway, this is a lava stage with thwomps and firebars and some koopas, finishing with a boss fight against a boom boom. You can go standard way and save yoshi, or take the "super secret fast route" and kill yoshi.

Yeah this seems like it might be a tad too difficult for a young kid still. There's some good attempts at explaining the concepts behind some of these things but I feel like you'd need to like, keep the thwomps only going one way, and have far less of them to keep it from being overwhelming. Outside of the context of it's creation though it's a solid castle level that has plenty of work put into it.

quote:

9GT-L2D-RSF Work [TROLL]
My first attempt at doing some kind of troll stage, except it's not a usual clever fun troll thing, just a series of annoying encounters to waste your time. First checkpoint still puts you back at the start, there's an annoying vertical scrolling section with one correct pipe to find and hammer bros, and... Yeah. Take the left door, then the second pipe on the left Somehow this got likes nearly immediately after I posted it???

Yeah I'm gonna bail on these treadmills with flamethrowers on them but people freakin' love these types of levels for some reason.

quote:

C90-Y97-BRF Rounddog Hill
Some lifts take you to the entrance to rounddog hill, where there are round dogs and ice physics. Vertical climb Getting Over It kind of thing with a lot of crouch jumps. There are a few mushroom checks, and mushrooms only come at the very top and bottom. Tried to use the two tile high snowman ground tile to indicate where to do your crouch jumps, but sometimes a normal jump could work.

This was clearly not for me because I don't even know where to go to progress in this level, which is new to me for a level that is not a puzzle level.

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Boo Careful - HC0-T7P-L6G BE careful what you wish for, OneMoreTime.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Phantasium posted:

Again, like the powerups and route split, seemed more explicit this time. I also like that the section where I had to collect the red coins let me get to the door without actually knowing I was looking for them in that section, because then it let me go back and examine that "hey yeah there actually was a bunch of places for coins to hide here" which I don't think I've seen pulled off too much. Timer felt a little short maybe? But I only heard the 100 second warning, I think I still had plenty of time.

Thanks, think I did it a bit too short. The yoshi route is probably a bit more time consuming than the spring route. I felt the need to justify the fire yoshi, so I placed the enemy pipe corridor, which feels kinda like a kludged way of adding artificial difficulty to that portion. I'd like it if I could designate red coins to certain doors (unless there is and I'm just dumb), I'd have preferred a red coin hunt in the spring path, but since that wasn't an option I just hid a P-block among a sea of ?-blocks. Not really ideal tbh.

I'm still trying to figure out fair, but difficult platforming sections, and how to make puzzles. It'd be great if I could play some SMW on the Switch for inspiration. The ghost houses and the basically all of The Forest of Illusion. I know I could watch SMW streams, but it's not quite the same..

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Hey everyone, here's the stream list for tomorrow. As always, I start streaming at 6 PM PDT/9 PM EDT. Lot of levels posted again, so I limited it to 20 to keep a few left over for Thursday's stream and so that requests could be taken later.

List of Levels to be played:

Link to Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

1. Infestation
By: Pixeltendo NG0-MVM-6LG

2. BoB: Blackout Boo Boo
By: Phantasium 65F-22J-XQG

3. The Flyin' King 2: Cave Diving
By: Too Shy Guy QFY-BLB-C3G

4. BoB: Shady Swamp Shack
By: Internet Kraken 1L9-S05-2RG

5. SMV 5-1: Witching Woods
By: Dark Lich F4F-55Q-1JG

6. The Hot Pot
By: Pixeltendo BY8-GJS-KQG

7. BoB: Mushy Canopy
By: Too Shy Guy 1J2-3RF-RWG

8. SMV 5-2: Gragantuan Gulley
By: Dark Lich 9NG-KKD-WRG

9. BoB: Fortress in the Fen
By: Control Volume C3P-C40-P9G

10. BoB: Blighted Beach
By: Too Shy Guy KJJ-NY0-XJF

11. SMV 5-3 Sledge Bros Sludgewerks
By: Dark Lich Y25-1HB-8RF

12. Mt. Slimecano
By: Blakyoshi R7B-6XB-6HG

13. Lakitu Lake
By: Gnome Enthusiast 6PR-KRT-RNF

14. SMV 5-B: Poisonous Pipeline
By: Dark Lich 1JG-1W1-MTF

15. Cold, Cold Canyon
By: Gnome Enthusiast H70-N0F-MGF

16. Toefur 4: A Little Tongue Work
By: Udenpah 568-C60-4NF

17. Slippin N Slidin
By: Dog nougat 1LT-GP2-T5G

18. BoB: OVergrown Shell Stronghold
By: Macaluso 354-PB0-3RG

19. Turn It Off Before You Go
By: Crass Casualty M9J-LY4-50H

20. Rounddog Hill
By: Tonberi C90-Y97-BRF

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Also for DalaranJ, I finally added all my fixed levels to the spreadsheet (as well as what was missing) so you can delete the following ones from it since they're all dead codes and already have their replacements on the sheet:

#47 Surfin' with Charvaargh
#418 Huff 'n Puffer
#479 The Sinking Sky Continent
#745 St Francis' Folly
#824 Bowser's Battle Tram Tower
#951 Mario's Nightfrost Microlevel
#1002 Scorch Snake Fortress
#1074 Fear the Faces

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Phantasium posted:

Also for DalaranJ, I finally added all my fixed levels to the spreadsheet (as well as what was missing) so you can delete the following ones from it since they're all dead codes and already have their replacements on the sheet:

#47 Surfin' with Charvaargh
#418 Huff 'n Puffer
#479 The Sinking Sky Continent
#745 St Francis' Folly
#824 Bowser's Battle Tram Tower
#951 Mario's Nightfrost Microlevel
#1002 Scorch Snake Fortress
#1074 Fear the Faces

Got em!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Going backwards. If I don't go far enough back to get to your level I apologize. Also if you have multiple of them in one post I just picked one.

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

Judging from your description there, I guess this is supposed to be a mess on purpose to mess with OneMoreTime? I did not like it. The fireball pipes were annoying and everything felt just kind of thrown everywhere. Also naked pipes.

tonberi posted:

I've made a few more levels, and for two of them, I am sorry.

QYF-DCC-WHG SKP 1-4

This was an okay level. It was maybe a little too busy. The boss room was good, if again, a little busy. There was an abundance of powerups which was nice.

Crass Casualty posted:

Just made a new level during a break from Astral Chain.

M9J-LY4-50H

Not as hard to design as I thought it might be, but hopefully, it's clear what the player is supposed to do.

Not bad. I liked the gimmick you went for in this level.

dog nougat posted:

Made an ice level

Has a branching path and a sorta mid-level boss fight.

Slippin N Slidin
1LT-GP2-T5G

This level was okay. I only saw one path. Unfortunately it was the path that eventually led to hammer bros. tsk tsk.

Udenpah posted:

Also, I saw a novel thing you could eat with Yoshi on one of OneMoreTime's streams and made a quick level featuring it. Fewer janky jumps, more janky dinosaurs barfing tools on moles.

Toefur 4: A Little Tongue Work
568-C60-4NF

This level was neat in that it taught me all sorts of things Yoshi could eat, but that final portion with Bowser took FOREVER and had WAY too much in it. The wall of chain chomps just went on forever on top of having to dodge hammers on both sides and fire and grabbing the fire or hammer and throwing it to hit bowser. I actually almost ran out of time on the clock. In the very last section I cheesed it and abandoned yoshi to get to the top and then just damage boosted through the enemies to get to the end part to get to the end on time. Good idea, next time a longer time limit and a boss that doesn't require so much waiting.

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

Cold, Cold Canyon - H70-N0F-MGF - This one took a long time to make and people are bad at it....... tell me if I have to make it easier because I will.

This was fun! Very tight platforming.

blakyoshi posted:

I made a level. It's probably harder than I intended it to be.

Mt. Slimecano
R7B-6XB-6HG

Fun little level. I liked the race against the lava. My only critique is that when building the vertical sublevel like that with a lot of precise jumping and wall jumps and stuff, I would suggest having some long floors so you don't risk falling and losing a bunch of progress.

DarkLich posted:

SMV 5-B: Poisonous Pipeline
1JG-1W1-MTF
Wrapping up the set of night levels is this one featuring poison mushrooms. Despite a few different enemy types, the challenges should still be iterative.

Cute level. The speed of the pipes sometimes worked against this level but I liked the gimmick, and it made for an interesting boss fight.

Control Volume posted:

BoB - Fortress in the Fen
C3P-C40-P9G

Good short little level. I liked the secret that basically allows you to cheese the whole level. My advice would've been to maybe hide it a little better :p but otherwise, fun!

Too Shy Guy posted:

BoB: Blighted Beach: KJJ-NY0-XJF

A cute short little level. I appreciated Lakitu throwing out the hard shell beetles instead of the spineys. Your sublevel, you forgot to do the wall all the way to the top so the screen keeps scrolling just FYI

Internet Kraken posted:

Finished up my course for the Goon World!

BoB: Shady Swamp Shack: 1L9-S05-2RG

Its a dark ghost house, intended to be mid-to-late in the world. Its not super difficult but can be punishing if you don't adapt to a more careful playstyle. I tried to design a ghost house that felt kind of foresty/swampy, so it uses a lot of vines, mushrooms, and pipes rather than the usual ghost house staples. I really like the dark gimmick in conjunction with pow blocks in SMB1. Its a pretty unique way to design a level!

This code didn't work.

Perry Normal posted:

House of Death/House of Life - GPM-XT5-QFF

I loved that You Only Live Twice pun so much, but in the end I decided to go in another direction. I got weird with this one, I hope its fun.

This was great. I was a little concerned about the night theme making it not feel good because it forces you to play slow. But you worked it into the overall theme of the stage and it worked great. Loved the trick you pull in the middle.

Too Shy Guy posted:

:colbert:

The Flyin’ King 2: Cave Diving: QFY-BLB-C3G

Nice! Short and sweet, and no way to cheese it :p

Phantasium posted:

I'm not quite sure I did this right or fit the requirements, but I did a BoB, it's a ghost house with a brief forest preamble, both at night.

BoB: Blackout Boo Boom
65F-22J-XQG

Ha I loved it! Very clever. I didn't realize what was happening at first but when I figured it out I was like oh that's neat.

Pixeltendo posted:

The Hot Pot[/b]

BY8-GJS-KQG

A castle stage with unique firebar and flame setups.

LOVED this. So clever. All the stuff you did with combining the torches and firebars on the belts was so cool. Loved the final "boss" room too. Very good!!!

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Sep 3, 2019

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Both branches lead to the hammer bros. It's the mid-level boss-ish fight. It's possible to cheese it pretty easily with a hidden star, if you manage to not get hit with the cape there's a bonus area that shortens the level a bit as well.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Now for something stressful:

Polar P-Switch Problems
WT0-K0Y-2FF

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Judging from your description there, I guess this is supposed to be a mess on purpose to mess with OneMoreTime? I did not like it. The fireball pipes were annoying and everything felt just kind of thrown everywhere. Also naked pipes.

No, when he finished streaming "The Destroyed World" he said he wanted more because he thought it was on the short side and I'd already begun making this stage after figuring out how to make that stage's gimmick work the way I'd wanted it to.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Going live in a few minutes with some Mario Maker!

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

1. Infestation
By: Pixeltendo NG0-MVM-6LG

2. BoB: Blackout Boo Boo
By: Phantasium 65F-22J-XQG

3. The Flyin' King 2: Cave Diving
By: Too Shy Guy QFY-BLB-C3G

4. BoB: Shady Swamp Shack
By: Internet Kraken 1L9-S05-2RG

5. SMV 5-1: Witching Woods
By: Dark Lich F4F-55Q-1JG

6. The Hot Pot
By: Pixeltendo BY8-GJS-KQG

7. BoB: Mushy Canopy
By: Too Shy Guy 1J2-3RF-RWG

8. SMV 5-2: Gragantuan Gulley
By: Dark Lich 9NG-KKD-WRG

9. BoB: Fortress in the Fen
By: Control Volume C3P-C40-P9G

10. BoB: Blighted Beach
By: Too Shy Guy KJJ-NY0-XJF

11. SMV 5-3 Sledge Bros Sludgewerks
By: Dark Lich Y25-1HB-8RF

12. Mt. Slimecano
By: Blakyoshi R7B-6XB-6HG

13. Lakitu Lake
By: Gnome Enthusiast 6PR-KRT-RNF

14. SMV 5-B: Poisonous Pipeline
By: Dark Lich 1JG-1W1-MTF

15. Cold, Cold Canyon
By: Gnome Enthusiast H70-N0F-MGF

16. Toefur 4: A Little Tongue Work
By: Udenpah 568-C60-4NF

17. Slippin N Slidin
By: Dog nougat 1LT-GP2-T5G

19. Turn It Off Before You Go
By: Crass Casualty M9J-LY4-50H

20. Rounddog Hill
By: Tonberi C90-Y97-BRF

Udenpah
Mar 26, 2007
To see the mote that I preferred to all the lists of clay

Phantasium posted:

turns out yoshi was dumber than a sack of hammers because it's all he eats. Nice little challenges based around Yoshi's iron-clad stomach, they all work correctly and are easy to reset if you mess up.

Thanks! My first attempt at a tutorialish level.

Macaluso posted:

This level was neat in that it taught me all sorts of things Yoshi could eat, but that final portion with Bowser took FOREVER and had WAY too much in it. The wall of chain chomps just went on forever on top of having to dodge hammers on both sides and fire and grabbing the fire or hammer and throwing it to hit bowser. I actually almost ran out of time on the clock. In the very last section I cheesed it and abandoned yoshi to get to the top and then just damage boosted through the enemies to get to the end part to get to the end on time. Good idea, next time a longer time limit and a boss that doesn't require so much waiting.

Thanks for the feedback! The wall of chain chomps was probably too much at the end, but I wanted to show you could kill chain chomps by spitting hammers at them with Yoshi. I guess in my tests I stood on top of hammer bro hill and it only took a few arcing hammers to kill all the chomps off so I didn't think it would take too much time. I tried to make it so you could stand where the chomps were and only have to dodge/eat fire while the hammers fell well short on either side. Also, I think hammers do more damage than fireballs to Bowser and it does not take many to kill him. You are right it is very cluttered and overly messy at the end and I will try to avoid it in the future. Upon inspection I did give it a 500 second timer, but maybe I'll just cut some things next time on what is supposed to be a relaxed level.

Udenpah fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Sep 4, 2019

May Contain Nuts
Sep 12, 2007

but still delicious
Made a few levels while flying this weekend

Goomba Go Fast! 98B-6YF-7MG
SMB goomba stomping

Mario bee jumpin' TDX-LS4-V5G
3D World bee assisted 'platforming'

tonberi
Oct 17, 2003

Suspicious Cook posted:

Polar P-Switch Problems
WT0-K0Y-2FF

Yes, yes it was. Each set up was worse than the last, and it was great. Checkpoints were placed nicely, and it was a fun change of pace from most other stages.

May Contain Nuts posted:

Made a few levels while flying this weekend

Goomba Go Fast! 98B-6YF-7MG
SMB goomba stomping

Wow, this was awesome. Really interesting set up!

May Contain Nuts posted:

Mario bee jumpin' TDX-LS4-V5G
3D World bee assisted 'platforming'

Hated bees before, still hate them. I didn't realize for too long that you could just hang out and catch bee aggro, so I got a lot better at jumping off and back onto vines / fences, thank you! I feel like the second half was a lot easier than the first, but I also was being too hasty and hanging to close to the edge, falling instead of jumping half of the time.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Macaluso posted:

This code didn't work

Huh, you sure? The code looks to be the same as the one in the image I uploaded.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Internet Kraken posted:

Huh, you sure? The code looks to be the same as the one in the image I uploaded.

I wasn't able to get it working last night either.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

My current theme idea for a SMB3 world is “Mars Needs Turtles” aka “That Kamek came from the moon!” This is vaguely based on a FAU course from SMM and a course from our first jam.

Does anybody have any specific ideas about the SMB3 game theme they want to explore?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

Also weird side note: I couldn't post batch these two imags at the same time. The Switch seems to separate pictures between in game and out of game, which I guess the keyboard counts as out of game. And you literally can't post them into the same tweet (I upload to twitter, copy them to imgur, then delete the tweet, since they can't be uploaded directly to imgur) because they can't be posted together. What a bizarre thing

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Macaluso posted:

Also weird side note: I couldn't post batch these two imags at the same time. The Switch seems to separate pictures between in game and out of game, which I guess the keyboard counts as out of game. And you literally can't post them into the same tweet (I upload to twitter, copy them to imgur, then delete the tweet, since they can't be uploaded directly to imgur) because they can't be posted together. What a bizarre thing

Did the first image not have a required supermariomaker hash tag? Interesting.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

OneMoreTime posted:

Going live in a few minutes with some Mario Maker!

Congrats on getting the world record! It's fun to see people are trying to beat it.

Just so everyone knows: That's not even the fastest you can get through it ;) So if anyone else would like to take a stab at the WR.

As a hint for optimizing the run: You can in fact go through the middle those sawblades by the first shell, and maybe the second shell up there is there for a reason...

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Oops, the recent posting about the bad code just reminded me I played this level but never commented on it.

Internet Kraken posted:

BoB: Shady Swamp Shack: 1L9-S05-2RG

Its a dark ghost house, intended to be mid-to-late in the world. Its not super difficult but can be punishing if you don't adapt to a more careful playstyle. I tried to design a ghost house that felt kind of foresty/swampy, so it uses a lot of vines, mushrooms, and pipes rather than the usual ghost house staples. I really like the dark gimmick in conjunction with pow blocks in SMB1. Its a pretty unique way to design a level!

I really liked the design and layout of the level, you don't usually see this much green in a ghost house and having one of the primary enemies also be responsible for the lighting means you can usually spot where the piranha plants are coming from. It's also fairly long without seeming unfair, which is rare with night ghost houses.

Gnome Enthusiast posted:

This was a nice way to extrapolate on the first level by making it more vertical oriented, and those lava bubbles are assholes. Still a fun theme.

Macaluso posted:

Ha I loved it! Very clever. I didn't realize what was happening at first but when I figured it out I was like oh that's neat.

Thank you!

Suspicious Cook posted:

Polar P-Switch Problems
WT0-K0Y-2FF

I always like levels like this when they're well designed, since you can usually tell when you're screwed before you actually die so it's always a "well that's going to screw me" feeling before the p-switch actually activates and screws you. These were all pretty fair puzzles, though I'd almost swap the first and second sections difficulty-wise, since I think I cleared the second part on the first try.

**Reminder to self to play MCN's Bee and Goomba levels since they weren't played when I made this post.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Macaluso posted:

It's such a weird Nintendo-like thing. Man, just give us the ability to email the images directly to whatever email address is tied to our Nintendo accounts.

How... how hard could that possibly be? Sure, limit it to like 4 images per email, fine. But c'mon now.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Internet Kraken posted:

I found that level in my play history with code 7RD-FSP-6DF.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

So that Nintendo direct is today at 3 PM PDT, I'll probably throw it up on stream in case any goons wanna watch it together. I'm only mentioning it because I'm 80% sure there will be some sort of Mario Maker announcement if the timeline for the post-release DLC for the first game is anything to go by. Who knows, maybe we'll get charging chucks! Maybe we'll be horribly disappointed?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

OneMoreTime posted:

So that Nintendo direct is today at 3 PM PDT, I'll probably throw it up on stream in case any goons wanna watch it together. I'm only mentioning it because I'm 80% sure there will be some sort of Mario Maker announcement if the timeline for the post-release DLC for the first game is anything to go by. Who knows, maybe we'll get charging chucks! Maybe we'll be horribly disappointed?

They could literally devote 5 seconds to SMM2, show a red log going over an animated waterfall which reveals the word "Soon", and I would consider the Direct a wonderful success.

I need that game style :negative:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

They're going to announce the updated bookmark site now that I have practically no use for it.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

"It's go time motherfucker."

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Phantasium posted:

They're going to announce the updated bookmark site now that I have practically no use for it.

They totally will, won’t they?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Phantasium posted:

This is what you get for your hubris, Phantasium!!!

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Phantasium posted:

This is probably the best case scenario. At least it could still potentially help organize BoB.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

NofrikinfuN posted:

This is probably the best case scenario. At least it could still potentially help organize BoB.

What could also really help would be an option to chain levels together. Not even an overworld... just something as simple as making your own custom 'playlist', with player status carrying over from one level to the next. Also, the ability to share such a playlist with others, maybe with a new code or something.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

What could also really help would be an option to chain levels together. Not even an overworld... just something as simple as making your own custom 'playlist', with player status carrying over from one level to the next. Also, the ability to share such a playlist with others, maybe with a new code or something.

It has to be one of their most requested features. Although slopes were that before then and well, it took them an entire game to make that work!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Anyone else find it weird that after upping the upload limit to 64, they mentioned that they'd only be doing something like that one more time?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Gonna watch the Nintendo direct stream and play some Mario Maker levels afterwards.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

:negative:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Amazed but really shouldn't be that there was nothing lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

You cannot have a Direct without Mario Maker announcements! You will regret this! ect.

Where's Mario 2, jerks?