Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

To get back on topic, Lindsay is getting a book of hers published next year

https://twitter.com/thelindsayellis/status/1169264142114414592

Good for you, Lindsay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FlamingLiberal posted:

thats awesome.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
So I just noticed that contrapoints deactivated her twitter account and seeing a lot of people on my feed today subtweet her.

Really hard to keep up with any of this since I’ve been getting out of work real late this week and don’t look at social until I get home

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
Really depressing to see Contra throwing non passing and NB people under the bus do she can feel a bit more safer, as if transphobic bigots actually give a drat about whether a transperson passes.

I'm glad her transitioning is going well but not all of us have her access to money nor do we have a loyal devoted base.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

She doubled down harder on “these gen z non-binary transes are making it harder for me a distinguished transexual (yes she called herself transexual) to be accepted in society” and when she got called out on it she deleted her Twitter

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

watho posted:

She doubled down harder on “these gen z non-binary transes are making it harder for me a distinguished transexual (yes she called herself transexual) to be accepted in society” and when she got called out on it she deleted her Twitter

All she had to do was acknowledge why her opinion was dogshit and that it invalidated sections of the transcommunity.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

watho posted:

the internet loves the 4chan whisperer, the lovely youtuber who can talk to pepes

we regret to inform you the 4chan whisperer was a pepe

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
Question

What happened to retrowaretv.com?

It used to be one of my favorite sites, but then it just died.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.
Congrats :toot: you successfully silenced Contra for the crime of not being perfect on every little thing :thumbsup: I hope all three of you are very happy with yourselves.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Genuinely unironically yes

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

as someone who admittedly does not pay much attention to contrapoints, every time she comes up i feel like she exists in some kind of twilight zone story where everything she says and does exists in a quantum state where one half of the population sees one thing and the other half sees something completely different

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Death of the Author + Instantaneous Communication with More People than You Can Comprhend As Individual People = Dear Gods and Algorithms Why

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TheMaestroso posted:

Congrats :toot: you successfully silenced Contra for the crime of not being perfect on every little thing :thumbsup: I hope all three of you are very happy with yourselves.

if you count this as just 'not being perfect on every little thing' then you are a close-minded shithead with absolutely no experience with this issue and maybe you should just shut the gently caress up like she did hth

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

Cool to see something she’s probably been working on for years pitched as “[hot pop culture item X] meets [hot pop culture item Y].” Guess that’s why I’m not an agent.

This is extremely cool and good. I look forward to reading it and feeling fresh hatred for Ernie Cline while thinking about how hard it probably was to get this book published while he just poo poo out any old garbage that all the editors probably compared her to while thinking it was a compliment.

EDIT: why am I so negative? This looks like a good read and seems like the culmination of many years of hard work. Congratulations to Lindsay.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
is there some sort of Posting Deadly Sins where responding to criticism with some variant of "poo poo, I didn't realize that, my bad" is the moral equivalent of drawing upside down crosses on every page of the holy bible while setting the vatican on fire?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

this is a bad topic

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

TheMaestroso posted:

every little thing

"semi-passable transes"

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

TheMaestroso posted:

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

if you count this as just 'not being perfect on every little thing' then you are a close-minded shithead with absolutely no experience with this issue and maybe you should just shut the gently caress up like she did hth

Yikes, I didn't expect, uh, whatever the hell this is

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmao this poo poo is so confusing. you literally can’t say anything at all without stepping on a million landmines.

Cool

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 5, 2019

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
A View to A Kill might not exactly be a good Bond movie, but Zorin was right to want to destroy Silicon Valley.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

im going to have to ask you to like, think about things before you say them

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

lotta people itt get really loving weird whenever contrapoints comes up

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

TheMaestroso posted:

Yikes, I didn't expect, uh, whatever the hell this is

you're saying that a major issue for non-binary people, one that several people in this thread have discussed their experiences with, is 'just some little thing'. go gently caress yourself.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

you're saying that a major issue for non-binary people, one that several people in this thread have discussed their experiences with, is 'just some little thing'. go gently caress yourself.

its probably best not to assume a collective nonbinary experience

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Augus posted:

lotta people itt get really loving weird whenever contrapoints comes up

this thread is absolute garbage in general so par for the course really

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

ArfJason posted:

this thread is absolute garbage in general so par for the course really

this happens to every thread I post in so I take the blame

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

What exactly did she say? I know what she said before, but apparently she doubled down?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Roth posted:

What exactly did she say? I know what she said before, but apparently she doubled down?

she doubled down, then tripled down, then deleted her twitter

i like her content a lot and think she has been an important voice in directing discourse online, but every step of the way she handled this whole thing as badly as possible. she at least seemed to learn after she similarly doubled down on going to that alt-right event some years ago and said she won't make that mistake in the future so i at least hope she 'gets it' with this as well, but as it stands, to say i'm disappointed in her would be an understatement.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

We can agree to disagree on how we read Contra's tweets that started this whole thing yesterday - I could see where she was coming from, but I could also see how the same situation could be totally different for NB people. I get that. I don't get, however, why some people here and on twitter have been completely uncharitable regarding her wording. She could have worded things better, yes, but I don't expect her to curate every word she types like a corporate brand account.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

she doubled down, then tripled down, then deleted her twitter

Kinda sucks that I missed this, because I would've liked to know what that looked like.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I’m sure she’ll come around if you could just accuse of her of being a secret undercover Nazi a few more times

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

everyone should delete their twitter because its a garbage site tbh

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

Junpei Hyde posted:

:emptyquote:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I don't have a Twitter but started one and deleted it just because you said

My one tweet was "butts"

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Junpei Hyde posted:

Twitter’s bad but I got banned for telling Charles Murray that he’ll be dead soon and it felt so good doing some personalized harm to that old turd, and that never would have happened without social media.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Twitter’s bad but I got banned for telling Charles Murray that he’ll be dead soon and it felt so good doing some personalized harm to that old turd, and that never would have happened without social media.

you were the one good tweeter

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I use tweeper to keep up with my perfectly curated taste in artwork and to see pictures of swery having nice times. Coincidentally Deadly Premonition 2 is happening and swery is unsurprisingly writing and leading development again. :toot:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Yardbomb posted:

I use tweeper to keep up with my perfectly curated taste in artwork and to see pictures of swery having nice times. Coincidentally Deadly Premonition 2 is happening and swery is unsurprisingly writing and leading development again. :toot:

swery is good and the witness made me cry

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

I would be significantly more charitable towards the "contrapoints is an idiot who doubled down and refuses to listen to criticism" argument if I hadn't spent the last 24 hours watching people get an unholy amount of harassment for giving even the slightest amount of defense. Like, people are out there calling loving Kat Blaque truscum cryptofash over this, there's no prominent good faith criticism happening for Contra to listen to. You all need to loving chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

what dirt does Jim Sterling have on Nintendo that he got what he wanted within 24 hours

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UUmtfuHDhY