Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

TheKingofSprings posted:

That bird that carries fish in it's mouth hard confirmed a leak, didn't it?

That leak is Word of God at this point. literally everything described in it has come true so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Huh, the game looked way better and ran a lot smoother in this Direct. I knew GF does polish last, but it's amazing they managed to turn that around.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Kikas posted:

Huh, the game looked way better and ran a lot smoother in this Direct. I knew GF does polish last, but it's amazing they managed to turn that around.

Every game studio does polish last.

But also every game looks very rough at first. Three Houses was the same way, it looked way more poor performing in pre-E3 2019 videos.

You can make custom pictures for your Trainer Card this time and it shows up in online battles.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Sep 4, 2019

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
polteageist a cute

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
There was also a leak about a "tea cup elephant" and I kind of prefer that to ghost teapot :colbert:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Shneak posted:

There was also a leak about a "tea cup elephant"

Not a leak, it was shown in a trailer.

less laughter posted:

Another new mon from the trailer:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Shneak posted:

There was also a leak about a "tea cup elephant" and I kind of prefer that to ghost teapot :colbert:

I am glad it was not, object based pokemon are good.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

So, so far we have strawberry flavored Alcreamie and what I'm guessing is a mint flavored Alcreamie...I wonder what other flavors there'll be?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I wonder what other flavors there'll be?

Worcestershire sauce

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

So, so far we have strawberry flavored Alcreamie and what I'm guessing is a mint flavored Alcreamie...I wonder what other flavors there'll be?

Chocolate, dark-type, please.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

less laughter posted:

Not a leak, it was shown in a trailer.

:wtf:

I remember that but just thought it was the new Mon tonight. That thing looks different.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

there was a third new monster revealed in the trailer and that monster is: anyone not excited for sword and shield

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

That bird pokemon was a Liver Bird, wasn't it? Liverpool's mythological mascot?

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

There's at least 18 variations so far. Serebii's Twitter shows off 16 different looks, and the official Pokemon twitter showed off a couple different ones:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1169382853551017984

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Bruceski posted:

That bird pokemon was a Liver Bird, wasn't it? Liverpool's mythological mascot?

I thought it was a cormorant, based on the name.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ElTacoGato posted:

There's at least 18 variations so far. Serebii's Twitter shows off 16 different looks, and the official Pokemon twitter showed off a couple different ones:

https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/1169382853551017984

Vivillon be like :chloe:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

It's most definitely a cormorant,

which is sweet because cormorants are cool as heck.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Solumin posted:

I thought it was a cormorant, based on the name.

Yeah, that'd be it. I jumped to conclusions.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

But what is the fish called??? Barracruiser? I don't know fish.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man. That cooking stuff looks fun and involved. But that's about it. The two new pokemon are pretty good, but it's just two. I hope there's another update video soon, the new pokemon list is looking pretty barren

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

I promise you, a bara cruiser is something entirely different.

Still quite a catch though.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Pokémon Camp looks adorable. I’m going to waste so much time visiting goons camps, and playing with their Pokémon.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Can't believe they took this long to allow you to preview haircuts.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Oh hey I forgot x is the first game with a region based on somewhere I know irl, this will be fun. Hon hon hon

Is there a town based on Toulouse or Strasbourg

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Kalos is supposed to be japan's idea of france, innit?

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Oh hey I forgot x is the first game with a region based on somewhere I know irl, this will be fun. Hon hon hon

Is there a town based on Toulouse or Strasbourg

According to this page Anistar is based on Strasbourg.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_world_in_relation_to_the_real_world

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ka0 posted:

I mean it has the Eiffel tower so...

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
You'd be surprised

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eiffel_Tower_replicas_and_derivatives

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Ka0 posted:

Yeah you can tell this because everyone is collaborating with the fascists trying to take over.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Little Town Hero comes out on October 16 for 25 bux

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

Shneak posted:

The year is 2019. The place is Game Freak Studios somewhere within the sprawling metropolis of Tokyo. I think. The deadline for the release of Pokemon Sword and Shield is fast approaching, and with the last vestiges of creativity being rapidly siphoned from the dev team over the past three years, morale has never been lower. Nintendo wants a hundred new Pokemon, and the devs are out of ideas.

"A teapot. We'll...we'll make a teapot Pokemon," Tetsuya says, crawling around on all fours, delirious after his fourteenth hour of work that day. Hiroyuki waves his head from desk to desk, eyes darting about hungrily at the objects in front of him. "A pen...a coffee cup...no, a stapler! We'll make a new stapler Pokemon. It'll be, uh...Steel type. And Fighting. Yeah..." he mutters as he shoves another bite of synth-onigiri into his mouth and passes out on top of his desk.

Stumbling around like a decaying zombie, Akihiko lays his rolling, bloodshot eyes upon a dusty, broken device. "It's...a fax machine. We can make a fax machine and it'll have developed a spirit from being left alone and forgotten. Just like my poor wife and my poor, poor kids..." he gasps as he faints, head colliding with the hard corner of the desk, blood pooling around him. Takahashi smiles. Looks like he's got some new inspiration for a Ghost-type...

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way Cramorant is Water/Flying as expected but Polteageist is pure Ghost.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
so there's two different teapot pokemon right? also that fish pokemon is definitely shaped like a dart, and the uk loves their loving darts.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Wonder Turbine posted:

The year is 2019. The place is Game Freak Studios somewhere within the sprawling metropolis of Tokyo. I think. The deadline for the release of Pokemon Sword and Shield is fast approaching, and with the last vestiges of creativity being rapidly siphoned from the dev team over the past three years, morale has never been lower. Nintendo wants a hundred new Pokemon, and the devs are out of ideas.

"A teapot. We'll...we'll make a teapot Pokemon," Tetsuya says, crawling around on all fours, delirious after his fourteenth hour of work that day. Hiroyuki waves his head from desk to desk, eyes darting about hungrily at the objects in front of him. "A pen...a coffee cup...no, a stapler! We'll make a new stapler Pokemon. It'll be, uh...Steel type. And Fighting. Yeah..." he mutters as he shoves another bite of synth-onigiri into his mouth and passes out on top of his desk.

Stumbling around like a decaying zombie, Akihiko lays his rolling, bloodshot eyes upon a dusty, broken device. "It's...a fax machine. We can make a fax machine and it'll have developed a spirit from being left alone and forgotten. Just like my poor wife and my poor, poor kids..." he gasps as he faints, head colliding with the hard corner of the desk, blood pooling around him. Takahashi smiles. Looks like he's got some new inspiration for a Ghost-type...

If this were the case the Galar pokedex would be entirely ghost types just with slightly different variations......that would make it the best Gen ever.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Tea ghost is actually cool and good.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Like all Pokemon fans I judge generations on two metrics: ghost type quality and have they buffed Luvdisc.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Blooming Brilliant posted:

It's most definitely a cormorant,

which is sweet because cormorants are cool as heck.

With that pose I think it's both.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

They did buff Luvdisc and they called it Alomomola.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

They should make the fish the cormorant catches evolve from water to ghost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Teapot ghost sucks