Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

jesus loving christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i follow the TRMP model, myself

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

Marx Headroom posted:

jesus loving christ

yeah it's like a tornado damage survey except it's everywhere

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Imagine having the amount of wealth, power and influence that Trump has, and still feeling like you have to shout NOPE at the weather man.
You know that thing where a friend gets more Facebook likes than you, and you briefly feel a twinge of irritation and unease? The inside of Trump's head is just that feeling, turned up to 11, forever. Lol.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

twoday posted:

lol, one of the lines goes off the map, I think he just asked someone to scribble a bunch of extra ones going west over Alabama, none of those have colors or symbols that match the key to the diagram

yeah, this one seems to be the real one

https://twitter.com/Hi_Dr_Nick/status/1169387837025898501

but i doubt he faked it himself, it probably got scooped up off the_donald or some qanon thing or something based on how awful and jpeggy the fake one is

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

no, there are two versions of that plot on the site, one with and one without the ensemble members plotted. he didn't fake it

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

VectorSigma posted:

no, there are two versions of that plot on the site, one with and one without the ensemble members plotted. he didn't fake it

The ensemble members aren't actually real forecasts though, so that doesn't matter.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

I'm in Minnesota should expect the hurricane to hit here

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Thread for potential donation sites, courtesy of gently caress You and Diebold

https://twitter.com/daynajclk/status/1168506651005116416

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Uncle Wemus posted:

I'm in Minnesota should expect the hurricane to hit here

Git yer gun!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Bethamphetamine posted:

Other than FEMA, there's NEMA, and I guess the American Red Cross. I'm not seeing easy links to trustworthy charities. But there's a ton of articles about how it's difficult to get aid efficiently to the Bahamas right now.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/04/how-to-help-victims-after-hurricane-dorian.html

It would be helpful if the US federal government would stomp on any garbage person or entity trying to grift when an entire island is suffering right now. Or if the govt would direct us where to go. But elections have consequences, so yay!

also this might help

am considering a sticky for general disaster donation funds thread to keep it separate from this thread because the United States government is on autopilot and they don't give a poo poo.

thoughts?

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
im stealing this poo poo from the science thread

i hope most people survived in the bahamas, that was some bullshit hurricane

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
I need to start a GoFundMe for the Alabama disaster relief efforts aka my house fund

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Don't give to the red cross for sure, there are way better regional non profits in the twitter thread LG posted

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
red cross sells coffee and donuts then hands out cheap polyester blankets and thats about it never give them money

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†ðŸÂ†

poo poo getting bad here in Charleston but I'll never stop posting

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

weather well my beloved low country

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

More like hurricane Boreian amirite?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i mean the hurricane outer bands are almost hitting atlanta, this poo poo isnt over yet

HugeGrossBurrito
Mar 20, 2018

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i mean the hurricane outer bands are almost hitting atlanta, this poo poo isnt over yet

despite land interaction I think we could still see a small amount in intensification. The eye looks super robust now it’s crazy. NC coast going to have 100+ mph wind gusts for sure

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Blast of Confetti posted:

red cross sells coffee and donuts then hands out cheap polyester blankets and thats about it never give them money

or blood, red cross sells your blood for $300/400 a unit

etalian posted:

Well it was a Cat 5 hurricane, I remember seeing a cinder block style construction building completely demolished by the storm.

nobody actually makes buildings fit for habitation out of cinderblock; due to it's extreme shittiness. a lot of new(er) construction buildings in florida are made from concreteblock, which is much, much stronger

Party Plane Jones has issued a correction as of 11:51 on Sep 5, 2019

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
The American Red Cross will deploy people to the Bahamas, but if you want to donate to a Red Cross your best bet would be The Bahamas Red Cross. Each nation has its own national Red Cross, after all.

Also, the coffee thing is from WWII when they were told they couldn't give coffee to Americans in the UK for free while charging Brits. So they charged everyone. I'd have just made it free and watered down the coffee to make it last longer, but I wasn't there so...

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RandomPauI posted:

The American Red Cross will deploy people to the Bahamas, but if you want to donate to a Red Cross your best bet would be The Bahamas Red Cross. Each nation has its own national Red Cross, after all.

Also, the coffee thing is from WWII when they were told they couldn't give coffee to Americans in the UK for free while charging Brits. So they charged everyone. I'd have just made it free and watered down the coffee to make it last longer, but I wasn't there so...

got my eye on you, lich

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/TropicalTidbits/status/1169589432640581632

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

HOG LAGOON

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Squizzle posted:

HOG LAGOON

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

HOG LAGOON

LOG HAGOON

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

GOG LAHOON

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GOON LA HOG

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Make this chef head of FEMA plskthx
https://twitter.com/chefjoseandres/status/1169444477066502144

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
Quintuple?ing down
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1169606058148605953

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

how the gently caress did people survive the eyewall making GBS threads on them for a day and a half straight

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

keep going

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I've never seen someone so obsessed with Alabama.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
2000 people missing in the Bahamas

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Heartcatch posted:

I've never seen someone so obsessed with Alabama.

Lynyrd Skynyrd at least wrote a song

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

twoday posted:

:(

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twoday posted:

thats sad

im sure they are all just hiding! :sadpeanut:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

twoday posted:

thats gonna keep climbing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

It will unfortunately do so. Especially in the aftermath with lack of services.