Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Yep, she likely knew Juggs would explode like that, and as her goal was to protect Alison, she waited until she was absolutely sure Alison was safe and clear to make her move. If Juggs wasn't occupied with the other fighters she probably would have moved sooner.

She attacks to protect, and while she doesn't hesitate, she waits until the correct moment to strike.

Also, no page today? Abbadon didn't mention a delay on Twitter, at least not recently.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Sep 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ogresque
Mar 27, 2019

by VideoGames
and juggs just finished comparing mortal existence to a teacup

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

P-Padington Bear? Is that you?

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yep, she likely knew Juggs would explode like that, and as her goal was to protect Alison, she waited until she was absolutely sure Alison was safe and clear to make her move. If Juggs wasn't occupied with the other fighters she probably would have moved sooner.

She attacks to protect, and while she doesn't hesitate, she waits until the correct moment to strike.

Also, no page today? Abbadon didn't mention a delay on Twitter, at least not recently.

Reading his way through the first third of six billion submissions probably

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Hyped for Allison to go supersayan today.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Demiurge4 posted:

Hyped for Allison to go supersayan today.

If she rips her shirt off in a Bruce Lee flex then I hope her hair is long enough to stop it being an issue.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
If Maya is in this tournament, as seems likely, she's gonna be asking a LOT of people what they think of death right before she FUUUUUUCKS THEM UP.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

I don't think Maya does paperwork. It seems way more likely she's drunk in the stands until she sees something that requires Cutting, at which point she will simply skip all the preliminaries.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS

Rotten Red Rod posted:

im drawing backgrounds for that guy on the last page

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Operant posted:

:worship:

I know, I know, sarcasm and all. It was kinda a dick thing for me to bring up.

But even the ring of power needs cool noodle vendors in the background for your arena carb and beer needs right?

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Operant posted:

hey get out of my house, you're tracking good art all over the floor!

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Operant posted:

Royalty is a continuous drawing of radical backgrounds.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
To emphasize how much pure fighting action is going on, backgrounds for this arc will consist entirely of fists.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Operant posted:

* Select Paint Bucket
* Select 255,0,0
* Click like mad

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Also get something to eat!!!!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I can't believe I remember that villain from 1992 Treasure Cove (your av).

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Grouchio posted:

I can't believe I remember that villain from 1992 Treasure Cove (your av).

Morty Maxwell is absolutely royalty

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Also get something to eat!!!!

Is an avacado pear just an avacado?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Who What Now posted:

Is an avacado pear just an avacado?

yes, if you live in 1950's nightmare US cookbook times

you know, seafood gelatine mold times

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Mr. Lobe posted:

yes, if you live in 1950's nightmare US cookbook times

you know, seafood gelatine mold times

by 1950s cookbook standards, a weird little salad of spam, toasted nuts, and avocado on a donut is downright reasonable and normal.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Yeah, if you've got a plain, old style donut and some decent ham, and go light on the Worcestershire, that actually seems downright palatable. The main issue I have is all the work to get crushed brazil nuts into the mix, and secondarily finding a donut that's not sweet.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

eke out posted:

by 1950s cookbook standards, a weird little salad of spam, toasted nuts, and avocado on a donut is downright reasonable and normal.

sure

...for a goblin

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1169387261743509510

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

We are about to see one FURIOUS DUMBASS.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

gently caress this tournament. We’re going off-road.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

oh poo poo we're gonna torch the jeeps

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Solomon’s world is looking like a gorgeous tropical resort. Shame it’s a fanatical fascist state when you scratch the surface.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

M_Gargantua posted:

Solomon’s world is looking like a gorgeous tropical resort. Shame it’s a fanatical fascist state when you scratch the surface.

I've seen this take before itt, but don't remember support for it in the comic?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

M_Gargantua posted:

So what you're saying is that it also seems like a gorgeous tropical resort

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

M_Gargantua posted:

There was an episode of the Men In Black animated series where they're fighting an alien police officer of a world where pretty much everything is a crime. People come anyway for the beaches.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Nyave is so good you guys

Contra
Aug 31, 2003
L(
I like the way nyave has come all the way around from "you're too foolish and impulsive to survive for long" to "you're *so* foolish and impulsive that you're completely unstoppable!" Also I always had a little trouble understanding this comic's concept of royalty, but today's dialogue really helped nail it down for me. Assuming Allison is already royalty, I suppose that means that *becoming* royalty doesn't necessarily grant special powers of any sort and is more of an understanding that the universe rewards action and punishes stagnation?

Jvie
Aug 10, 2012

Royalty is one hundred stinking drunks all very eager to tell you what royalty is.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Contra posted:

I like the way nyave has come all the way around from "you're too foolish and impulsive to survive for long" to "you're *so* foolish and impulsive that you're completely unstoppable!" Also I always had a little trouble understanding this comic's concept of royalty, but today's dialogue really helped nail it down for me. Assuming Allison is already royalty, I suppose that means that *becoming* royalty doesn't necessarily grant special powers of any sort and is more of an understanding that the universe rewards action and punishes stagnation?

It's not so much that it rewards action and punishes stagnation as royalty is to continually act without thinking, in such a way that your thoughts and desires become manifest de facto (as all things are YISUN, so you really aren't doing anything that cannot already be done)

i.e. royalty is a continual cutting motion; what you're cutting with and what you're cutting is an academic question that proves you aren't fit for royalty

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
just gonna refurbish this ol' classic for a modern era

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

I don't think we've proposed heroism as a manifestation of Royalty, but in retrospect it should've been obvious.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I find it fitting that Mottom would demand the children of mortal kings as candidates for being her clerks, most of whom would die.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Allison's gonna blow up both suns

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Nyave is the first disciple of Furious Dumbassery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I like how this page completely recontextualizes their first meeting so long ago.

Nyave saw Allison steal her cloak and sneak off to fight Mother Om, and she didn't say "my stars, a noble being who is going to save people and fight evil!" with joy and awe

She said, "my stars, a furious dumbass!" with joy and awe

Basically...

habeasdorkus posted:

Nyave is the first disciple of Furious Dumbassery.