Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Ten buck switch tax is about right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Toaster Beef posted:

I'm as nostalgic for Deadly Premonition as the next guy but thirty bucks seems ... pretty steep.

Which is kinda silly to complain about at this point, I guess.

I’ll wait for it to go on sale. I have way too many loving games to play now anyways. I’m sure it’ll go on sale before 2.

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Shocked to see Demon's Crest on that list, amazing game that never got its fair shake

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Inacio posted:

Well poo poo, that was one of the best Directs, wasn't it?

Pretty awesome. Even Sans Undertale made it in.

Xenoblade 1 is one of my favorite JRPGs. I 100%ed it earlier this year and my god, next year I'm gonna do it again. I love Xenoblade 1 so much...

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The direct was fantastic. Deadly Premonition 1 + 2 was enough to make it rad. I hope swery watched and enjoyed Twin Peaks The Return and that DP2 will take its influences from that. shovel painting mini games.

Excited to play snes games on my flight this weekend. Just my opinion but the nes games just seemed like a novelty for me since it was before my time.

super metroid and lttp whip rear end. Terry in smash rules. Switch is a good console.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Stim Jerling has a thing or thirteen to say about the Deadly Premonitions on Gods perfect console

https://youtu.be/-UUmtfuHDhY

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I'm mad I didn't get to watch one of the best Directs ever live. Xeno Remake, SNES online, TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS, Terry Bogard in Smash plus more, whew

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Give me that earthbound on switch cowards

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Mokinokaro posted:

No gacha system, but it still has a crazy number of systems that aren't all completely fleshed out (the big gimmick being every character having a unique gimmick if you're controlling them.) It's a bit less obnoxious with the anime (but that's still definitely present) and the Nopons are a much smaller part of it. Thankfully the Nopon party member is a much better character than Tora. He's grating but without most of the creepiness.

The big downside to Xenoblade 1 is that it's a completionists nightmare with literally hundreds of MMO fetch quests.

Also the music is insanely good, especially with the subtle differences between day/night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6UhV3E2H6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeHEtyRXx2w

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So is the free-to-start Kirby game free to play crap or one of those free games with limited microtransactions?

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1169396359113277440?s=19

In addition to Jedi Oucast. Jedi Academy is coming too in early 2020!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

OhFunny posted:

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1169396359113277440?s=19

In addition to Jedi Oucast. Jedi Academy is coming too in early 2020!

:randvince:

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Oh my god Jedi Outcast?!! Easily the best Star Wars game.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I had to google Deadly Premonition 2 when it came up on the direct because I was sure it had to be an old sequel that I didn't hear about or never got localized or something. I can't believe Deadly Premonition 2 is getting made in 2019. Switch can conjure sequels to old and aggressively idiosyncratic cult games, I am beginning to fear its power

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

So is the free-to-start Kirby game free to play crap or one of those free games with limited microtransactions?

Closer to the latter, seems like if you spend $40 it gives you 5k gems immediately and makes it so you can get 2k every 12 hours after that indefinitely if I understand correctly.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Two years ago when Nintendo did their survey about old games we wanted to play again, I explicitly told them I wanted Pilotwings. Tomorrow's finally the day! That lineup is dope.

Port Star Wars Republic Commando next.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
This Direct was pretty much one awesome thing after another. I mean, I personally don't give a poo poo about Terry whatever being in Smash but a lot of people do and that's awesome. I don't think there was a single thing that didn't hit someone's :tviv: button

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Now I just need Xenoblade Chronicles X on Switch and I'll be the happiest of happy. I absolutely loved all the intense weirdness.

Still, I'm incredibly stoked for XC1 remaster. I was itching to play it recently, but decided against digging out the Wii.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Waffle! posted:

Two years ago when Nintendo did their survey about old games we wanted to play again, I explicitly told them I wanted Pilotwings. Tomorrow's finally the day! That lineup is dope.

Port Star Wars Republic Commando next.

Ask them for Republic Commando 2 please.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I want to get that SNES controller but think because I don’t live in the same country as my account I think I’m hosed.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

bbcisdabomb posted:

Ask them for Republic Commando 2 please.

Imperial Commando

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Terry Bogard is all I wanted in Smash. They can close up shop now. He picked that invitation up and I saluted the screen like it was The Boss' funeral.

Kyle Katarn and Francis York Morgan are on my switch too and that makes me just as happy.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Roth posted:

Imperial Commando

Ask them to finish Imperial Commando and port it please.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

404notfound posted:

How does the first Xenoblade game compare to 2? I tried to stick with 2 for a while, but just couldn't deal with the gacha system for blades, the crazy number of different systems in the game overall, and the occasional overly anime-ness of it (particularly with the Nopons).

The first is so much better it's insane. It still has some of the flaws of the sequel (weird pacing, fetch quests) but WAY less so in all respects. The areas are great, music is great, characters are great, it's awesome.

The plot gets wildly anime, but moreso in the "batshit plot twists and monologues about what it means to be a God" direction and less in the "shoving giant boobs in as many shots as possible and nopons babbling like morons in ever cutscene" direction.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I still can't believe loving Deadly Premonition 2

THEY ARE MAKING A SEQUEL TO DEADLY PREMONITION

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

If it's in line with the 3DS game it's fine, I think I put $7 total into it to see all the content which is also how much the rest of the small standalone Kirby spinoffs cost. I liked it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

the switch is a turducken and nintendo is determined to shove the entirety of the wii/wiiu greatest hits onto it alongside every indie imaginable, every port, and also letting suda51 and platinum run apeshit on it. it's insane how this came after the wiiu.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

"Oh hey, there was a Nintendo Direct today. I wonder if they announced anything go--" :stare:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It’s nice to see Nintendo really nailing it and listening to what people want. The Wii U was not the worst thing they ever made, but it was still a bad console that didn’t even survive this current console gen. But now we have the vastly superior Switch, and a library games that people actually want to play.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nintendo is being very aggressive with getting as many titles as possible which is working out fairly well

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I cannot loving believe that tomorrow I am going to play portable Yoshi's Island; quite possibly my favorite game of all time.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
deadly loving premonition 2 BITCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Yoshis island has been portable at least twice before

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
I never played any of the Xenoblade games, but with an HD port to Switch I now really want to check out the game that stars the anime British man from Smash who I only ever have wearing a swimsuit.

Too bad trying figure out all this Xeno poo poo is going to melt my brain. The first Xenoblade game is Xenoblade Chronicles, the second game is Xenoblade Chronicles X, and the third game is Xenoblade Chronicles 2? :psyduck:

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
You've been able to play it portably for a while now if you have a gameboy advance and the yoshi's island cart for it :colbert:

e: beaten

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I'm fiending for DQ11. I think I've done about everything there is to do in the demo and I still want to play more.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

dog nougat posted:

You've been able to play it portably for a while now if you have a gameboy advance and the yoshi's island cart for it :colbert:

e: beaten

Doesn't count, they hosed up Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yoshis island has been portable at least twice before

One was fine and the other had weird screen clipping issues.

Plus neither of them were on God's perfect console, the Nintendo Switch by Nintendo.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Yo

https://twitter.com/oniongames/status/1169393628520861701

quote:

toby mentioned it before as one of the things that inspired undertale
super old japanese rpg where you play as somebody mending a world thrown into havoc by the actions of a typical rpg hero (such as slaying all the wildlife, breaking into people's homes, all that good stuff) and your goal is to raise your LV (love) by helping everyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Holy poo poo I can finally play Moon