Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

So

- Deadly Premonition 2
- BK out today
- More Smash DLC coming
- Sans gunner suit

That’s pretty much all that made me go “woah”. (Mostly the last one.) Not as :tviv: as the BK reveal Direct, but it was nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I never played any of the Xenoblade games, but with an HD port to Switch I now really want to check out the game that stars the anime British man from Smash who I only ever have wearing a swimsuit.

Too bad trying figure out all this Xeno poo poo is going to melt my brain. The first Xenoblade game is Xenoblade Chronicles, the second game is Xenoblade Chronicles X, and the third game is Xenoblade Chronicles 2? :psyduck:

You forgot Xenogears and the three Xenosaga games.

They all pretty much stand on their own. Except the Xenosaga games which are all direct sequels.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

the switch is a turducken and nintendo is determined to shove the entirety of the wii/wiiu greatest hits onto it alongside every indie imaginable, every port, and also letting suda51 and platinum run apeshit on it. it's insane how this came after the wiiu.

Can't believe the Switch is the Smash Bros Ultimate of Nintendo consoles.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

DLC Inc posted:

the switch is a turducken and nintendo is determined to shove the entirety of the wii/wiiu greatest hits onto it alongside every indie imaginable, every port, and also letting suda51 and platinum run apeshit on it. it's insane how this came after the wiiu.

Today even took us one step closer to Xenoblade Chronicles X Remaster although a sequel is okay also.

Woozy
Jan 3, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Nintendo is being very aggressive with getting as many titles as possible which is working out fairly well

i am completely out of time to play any of this stuff lol. there's too many drat games on the switch

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I never played any of the Xenoblade games, but with an HD port to Switch I now really want to check out the game that stars the anime British man from Smash who I only ever have wearing a swimsuit.

Too bad trying figure out all this Xeno poo poo is going to melt my brain. The first Xenoblade game is Xenoblade Chronicles, the second game is Xenoblade Chronicles X, and the third game is Xenoblade Chronicles 2? :psyduck:

The first Xeno game is Xenogears on PS1, then its the Xenosaga games on PS2.

Then Xenoblade

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The first Xeno game is Xenogears on PS1, then its the Xenosaga games on PS2.

Then Xenoblade

Sure I get all that. But in the Xendoblade series specifically, why is the third Xenoblade Chronicles game titled Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Sure I get all that. But in the Xendoblade series specifically, why is the third Xenoblade Chronicles game titled Xenoblade Chronicles 2?

Xenoblade X is an offshoot. It's not related to the 1st or 2nd game.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Araxxor posted:

What's even left to port from the festering corpse of the WiiU at this point? Mario 3D World, Xenoblade X, Paper Mario Color Splash, Wonderful 101, and Pikmin 3. Anything else?

Zelda HD games and Affordable Space Adventures.

... maybe Kirby and the Rainbow Curse.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Could these Star Wars rereleases mean that Dark Forces 5: Jedi Knight 4: Jedi Outcast 3: Jedi Academy 2 is on the way?

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Whole lotta people getting very excited about buying old poo poo twice

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m hoping the SNES app drops at midnight EST.:)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Finally watched the direct, some thoughts

overwatch - eh
LM3 - looks good
Kirvy - cute, but what is "free-to-start"
Mana - BOOBS
Obra Dinn - eh
SSBU - YES
Zelda - Cute, but Switch Tax
DQXI - I want it, also Switch tax
TMSFE - HELL YES, but I wish they could add some non-Awakening chars
Deadly Premonation - eh
Orignal Sin: want, but switch tax
Doom 64 - eh
Pokemon - Pokemon
SNES Online - rad
Tetris - I'm really bad at it
DXM - I want to like this so much
Jedi Knight - Nostalgia
Witcher - Switch Tax
AssCreed - Never picked up Rogue, Switch Tax
Xenoblade - better not Switch Tax this

tl;dr - Ports good, Switch Tax bad

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

That's too many games Nintendo, chill the gently caress out

I literally dont have enough time to play then all

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Xenoblade looks like a remake almost so I’m sure it’ll be $60.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

SeANMcBAY posted:

Xenoblade looks like a remake almost so I’m sure it’ll be $60.

Xenoblade is totally a remake in the XBC2 engine or something.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

So is the free-to-start Kirby game free to play crap or one of those free games with limited microtransactions?

I just played it for a couple of hours and never got gated. I'm sure it kicks in at some point, but it's not egregious from the get-go.

Gameplay is pretty fun. Make sure you actually look in the menus to see your moves. The game tells you basically nothing.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I just really can't believe they loving remade Xenoblade when at one point I was frantically importing that loving game. And also TOKYO MIRAGE SESSIONS like seriously. We haven't even gotten release dates for Bayo3, Metroid, or NMH3 and I bet there's even MORE poo poo coming. things like W101 are pretty much more of a "when" than "if."

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

So is the free-to-start Kirby game free to play crap or one of those free games with limited microtransactions?

I've been playing all night and still haven't run into any gates. I think paying increases the amount of gems you get every 24 hours from the tree but it goes from 90/24 hrs for like $34 or 2000/24 hrs for $40. :psyduck:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Bloodplay it again posted:

I've been playing all night and still haven't run into any gates. I think paying increases the amount of gems you get every 24 hours from the tree but it goes from 90/24 hrs for like $34 or 2000/24 hrs for $40. :psyduck:

Yeah it's the benevolent kind of free to play where you can pay to effectively just have it be a normal game and not a slot machine.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
As someone who really wanted to like the last Deamon X Machina demo more , I picked up the new demo and it does feel like they managed to improve the performance to the point where I am back on board.

Seriously, it isn’t just me and they actually got it working better, right?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

No bayonetta 3 info, can’t complain because Astral Chain is one of the greats and came out a week ago. At least I’m not one of the folks waiting for Metroid or Pikmin. That’s a cruel existence.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade are all separate games that sort of share themes and concepts because Tetsuya Takahashi's been trying to tell the same meta-story since 1998.

Xenogears is supposed to be part five of a six part series but half the staff got hoovered up to develop Final Fantasy VIII so Xenogears is missing, like, the second half of the game.

Xenosaga was supposed to retell the story from the start, but that series was a mess (hour long cutscene with save points?) and only three episodes were made.

Then Xenoblade Chronicles came out and while you can definitely shove a prequel game or two in there it's a whole-rear end game with a beginning, middle and end. If I'm reading between the lines correctly, this is because Nintendo kept bapping Takahashi with a newspaper whenever he stopped working on gameplay to write more cutscenes.

I don't know about Xenoblade Chronicles X except that's its unrelated, and Chronicles 2 is a parallel universe to Chronicles 1.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also, Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a better Persona game than Persona 5. :colbert:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

You had to say this and make me buy it, didn't you?

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Unlucky7 posted:

I've never played or followed TMS, so this was a nice surprise now that I'm interested in Fire Emblem stuff.

What are the chances of them cramming in something from Three Houses? Really I just wanna see Edelgard in a pop idol outfit.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Unlucky7 posted:

gently caress no

E: to expand on this: the game is persona for babies. It's easy as hell and doesn't bring much to the table. its fun sure but its not anywhere near a persona game (3-onwards)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

The REAL Goobusters posted:

gently caress no

E: to expand on this: the game is persona for babies. It's easy as hell and doesn't bring much to the table. its fun sure but its not anywhere near a persona game (3-onwards)

Persona games from 3 onward were never particularly difficult if you paid any sort of attention.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

persona 5 and tms are the same difficulty level

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m hoping the SNES app drops at midnight EST.:)

2 more minutes. :pray:

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

DQXI - I want it, also Switch tax

tl;dr - Ports good, Switch Tax bad
Uhh, what's "Switch tax" about the definitive edition of a game from last year that provides over 100 hours of entertainment and is widely regarded as one of the best JRPGs of all time being $60?

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Unlucky7 posted:

Less homophobic for sure

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

I assumed it means he already bought it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1169459672438325248

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

well why not posted:

At least I’m not one of the folks waiting for Metroid or Pikmin. That’s a cruel existence.

I'm waiting for Metroid but considering how bad they hosed up Other M I'm willing to wait as long as it takes to ensure it doesn't suck.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Original Sin 2 is on sale right now on Steam

c'mon Nintendo, at least price match or some poo poo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I forgot that Breath of Fire, Demon's Crest, and Ghouls n Ghosts were included on SNES Online. That bodes extremely well for more third party stuff. COME ON TMNT IV

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Francis York Morgan is going to be adopted into the Nintendo family like Bayonetta was.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/g0m/status/1169374108418789382

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

:hai: