Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I’m about to do a few night shifts- what’s a good switch game to play while listening to podcasts? My go tos for that have usually been Tetris 99 and the 2048 game that’s on the switch but I’m open to new things as long as I can mindlessly poke at them while I listen to people read weird poo poo from the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’m about to do a few night shifts- what’s a good switch game to play while listening to podcasts? My go tos for that have usually been Tetris 99 and the 2048 game that’s on the switch but I’m open to new things as long as I can mindlessly poke at them while I listen to people read weird poo poo from the internet.

Picross, my friend :)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Goddamn this new Daemon x Machina demo runs so much better than the old one did. Spent about 2 hours dashing around blowing stuff up and scavenging new mech loadouts. Thanks First Studio, good to know someone's still out there making robots.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MarcusSA posted:

gently caress yes Xenoblade. That game is so so loving good.

Glad I can finally play it on gods perfect console and not my PC.
I still haven't played the game so I was super stoked about a Switch remake. I didn't get a good look but it looked like they redid the characters in the generic anime style of Xenoblade 2 which I am very much not stoked about though :smith:

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Does divinity run well? I never finished my second playthrough and you can IMPORT SAVES FROM THE PC WHAT IS THIS PRECIOUS SYSTEM
Also super interested in whether this runs and plays well. It's one of those games I've been meaning to play because it sounds like my jam, but I'd much rather play things on my portable Switch than sitting in front of the computer these days.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Toby Fox went to Japan and hung out with Sakurai. Toby Fox also went to Japan and hung out with ZUN. The connections are there folks, believe it.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

man nurse posted:

So what the actual gently caress

I was so stoked on Deadly Premonition and Deadly Premonition 2 that I bought the port sight unseen, and it seemed great until I noticed weird sound bugs like the jump scare chord being rapidly repeated anytime vines covered a door. Then I went outside the hotel and the sound cut out completely. This lasted until I exited the game.

Also bizarre is that it doesn't include the director's cut cutscenes.

We deserved better than this. After buying the pitiful PS3 version and the perpetually crashing Steam version, I was stoked to finally play the game without hindrances. What the hell is this? How did they let this on to the store, much less after promoting it in a Direct?

Yeah the sound bugs are pretty bad. It didn't happen to me at all during the first chapter, but it's been happening constantly since then. A sound effect playing at the same time as a line of dialogue or the music changing seem to be consistent triggers. When the dialogue stops playing the mouth animations also stop.

The port seems to be the director's cut version of the game, but without the DC extra cutscenes and costumes. Which means the game is stuck on the equivalent of easy difficulty from the original version.

Driving is also an issue. While driving I'm often dropping to about 15 fps, with a couple areas dropping to what feels like 5 fps.

E: Also the white's of York's eyes are pitch black in a lot of cutscenes.

Squatch Ambassador fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Sep 5, 2019

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Wait why the gently caress would they re-release the director's cut without the director's cut additional scenes, when they were basically a game-long tease for Deadly Premonition 2?

Good to hear though that it's yet another hosed up version of Deadly Premonition before I bought it. I have four different versions of it already and I think the US 360 version is still the best working one!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

who is ZUN is this touhou related

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Super No Vacancy posted:

He is the guy who makes the touhous.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Super No Vacancy posted:

He is Touhou's Sakurai, except he doesn't hide his alcoholism

El Burbo posted:

Toby Fox went to Japan and hung out with Sakurai. Toby Fox also went to Japan and hung out with ZUN. The connections are there folks, believe it.

I'd be happy with Mii Gunner outfits if they give us more than Reimu's Miko outfit.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

man nurse posted:

I was so stoked on Deadly Premonition and Deadly Premonition 2 that I bought the port sight unseen, and it seemed great until I noticed weird sound bugs like the jump scare chord being rapidly repeated anytime vines covered a door. Then I went outside the hotel and the sound cut out completely. This lasted until I exited the game.

We deserved better than this. After buying the pitiful PS3 version and the perpetually crashing Steam version, I was stoked to finally play the game without hindrances. What the hell is this? How did they let this on to the store, much less after promoting it in a Direct?

Don't worry maybe we will get a patchahahahahaha

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

man nurse posted:

I missed York talking about Tremors ‘cause the sound cut out right as he started talking about it :(

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Just starting to watch the direct.

Oh poo poo, overwatch with gyro. drat if they add cross progression, might grab it damnit

Luigi's Mansion 3 is still on track for goty

Finally gonna play obra dinn.

Getting little town hero before Pokemon sword

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Sep 5, 2019

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bushisms.txt posted:

Just starting to watch the direct.
:getin:

bushisms.txt posted:

Finally gonna play obra dinn.
you should, it's easily one of the best games ever made

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Policenaut posted:

Goddamn this new Daemon x Machina demo runs so much better than the old one did. Spent about 2 hours dashing around blowing stuff up and scavenging new mech loadouts. Thanks First Studio, good to know someone's still out there making robots.

Yeah, it’s so much better. It’s a shame that the game probably won’t do that well.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

TmsFE, finally! Don't have to buy that for wii u now. Now where's that w101 port.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

My experience with Obra Dinn was basically just me saying every ten minutes how insane it was that I was playing such a creative game.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Rogue company just looks like devil's third 2

Lol Nintendo said "not just tops and bottoms"

Pijeus
Feb 24, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Oh bloody hell..I got so excited that Town finally got a release date that I did a preorder, only to find out approximately five seconds later that it's solely boss fights and discourages level grinding :/

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlnbKfbgkQY

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I can't believe they're rereleasing Jedi Outcast for Switch. I did not see this coming, but I'm uncertain if I have hype for that.

Also lol at that Terry Bogard trailer. That's sheer perfection.

I'll stick with my WIIU version of Tokyo Mirage sessions, I'm like halfway through.

Astral Chain:
I finished case 1. Controls grew on me enough that I forgot to check out option C. Does any of the options change the run button location? Because clicking the stick to run it terribad. I died a few times against the first big boss because I forgot I could run away before he starts his giant AOE combo. :(
I kept wishing the dodge would be just a few inches longer.

I'm loving the general aesthetics with the way the legion struggle and writhe in your chain.

It's such a weird feeling that your own weapons are borderline useless and you have to rely on the Legion for the most part.

I love how not going with a name causes some fun subtext in the game. Like when dad starts commanding the squad.
"Akira, stay behind and protect them!"
"You, come with me!"
"gently caress you dad, I have a name too!"

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Gulp missle is the name of my sex tape

I will destroy you all in smk

Do i buy the snes controller or hold out for 64?

Lol dmc2

Local coop Animal crossing makes it a buy. march is a good month.

Cool that they saved Xenoblade remake for the one more thing. Can't wait for w101s turn

bushisms.txt fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Sep 5, 2019

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Pijeus posted:

Oh bloody hell..I got so excited that Town finally got a release date that I did a preorder, only to find out approximately five seconds later that it's solely boss fights and discourages level grinding :/

Never pre-order anything. :hai:

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That was an extremely solid Direct.
Now all we need is Xenoblade Chronicles X in order to make the WiiU completely obsolete.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Still no Tekken 7...

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Mulderman posted:

Now all we need is Xenoblade Chronicles X in order to make the WiiU completely obsolete.

We still need Wonderful 101 and Mario 3D World.

I would love a port of The Last Story and Pandora's Tower. I enjoyed both of those a lot.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
gonna play some undertale

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Two Wii U exclusive games that were actually really good but nobody ever talks about: Wii Fit U and Art academy atelier

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

Roth posted:

Imperial Commando

So what you're saying is... Star Citizen on Switch?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mulderman posted:

Not without Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Fatal Frame 5 and Paper Mario Colour Splash.

Also Xenoblade X was left in a state that woyld be completely unacceptable to do a straight port of. If it goes anywhere near another platform, it sorely needs extensive work because the original release skirted by on sidequests and "they ran out of time/money".

Dropbear
Jul 26, 2007
Bombs away!
Anyone tried Divinity 2 yet? How does it run? I remember Divinity 1 running pretty badly on my relatively fast PC, so I'm a bit hesitant. If it runs & controls well I might have to pay the Switch tax for this.

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
Will we be able to use the snes control for Tetris99? Will it allow you to change targets and how will that work without an analog stick?

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

What's the price of Divinity 2? Only found out about this after I left for work!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mulderman posted:

Not until the Zelda remasters and Pikmin 3 are ported.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bug Squash posted:

What's the price of Divinity 2? Only found out about this after I left for work!
it's like $60 which is way more than I'm willing to spend just to check it out :sigh:

if the port is really good I'll probably get it eventually though

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Your Computer posted:

it's like $60 which is way more than I'm willing to spend just to check it out :sigh:

What about in the Queen's own coin? Probably £50, which I might need if the country continues to collapse.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not without Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, Fatal Frame 5 and Paper Mario Colour Splash.

Also Xenoblade X was left in a state that woyld be completely unacceptable to do a straight port of. If it goes anywhere near another platform, it sorely needs extensive work because the original release skirted by on sidequests and "they ran out of time/money".

Yeah, which would make a definite edition of X a good pick. They would also need to translate the touchpad gimmick to regular menus.
The Wonderful 101 would have to rely on motion gimmicks in order to work and I don't think that would work very well to be honest.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

The SNES games won't have online play, will they?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Your Computer posted:

Can’t speak for the port but the game itself rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

The direct mentioned playing Kirby online but I don't know if that's for every game.