Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Wonder what these are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Avalerion posted:

Its probably a yet to be named new pokemon, looks too fancy to be just a generic fish.

drat, I love this bird. He's just such a silly looking guy. :3:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Polteageist is good

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I hope that fish is an even more useless version of Magikarp. The joke being that he's literally more useful as an attack by another pokemon.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

bobjr posted:

Wonder what these are

Galarian cryptids. Probably Chupawooloos.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pentaro posted:

Galarian cryptids. Probably Chupawooloos.

:hmmyes:

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

:thunk:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

the closest pokemon to yokai watch is like darumaka probably

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pentaro posted:

Galarian cryptids.

Oh if we don't get a Nessie Pokemon in Galar it'll be a crime. I know we have Lapras but I'm talking wailmer size.

Actually it's kinda a pity they haven't dipped into British folklore. Give me ghost or fairy pokemon after grindylows and hobgoblins and bluecaps and will-o'-the-wisp, give me regional houndour based on the black dog.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Sep 5, 2019

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
You can tell by the heads that they are Galarian variants of the Axew line.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/joemerrick/status/1169526454633324544?s=21

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I love the little motobug rolling up in the background.

Ugh so if I absolutely have to have a Wooloo and a Corviknight and a Yamper and a Rolycoly and a KISS Linoone and a starter that means my team is already full and I don't even have room for a spittybird. :(

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Sep 5, 2019

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

can someone track down what this animation is recycled from. buneary maybe

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Naughty ZigZagoon is definitely going to be in my rotation. It'll be like 2003 or whatever all over again. He's going to be licking all the ghosts with his big gross tongue and loving every second of it. Corviknight is an obvious inclusion. Wooloo will get to be in my team and its evolution might get to stay in depending on how good it is. I'm not particularly taken by Yamper or Rolycoly at this point. Maybe if Yamp's greyhound evolution is any good...

I am very looking forward to collecting all Alcremie variants. It turns out Tirtouga and Xatu were dropped down a well to free up more space for Alcremie toppings.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

oddium posted:

don't troll

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Wendell posted:

“It may even allow a trusted trainer to taste its tea,” was the funniest and grossest line in the direct.

All I want to do is the spill the tea with my good boi Polteageist

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

oddium posted:

It's from Dark Souls, actually

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
What kind of route 1 bird will there be, or do y'all think Corviknight (and maybe its possible first stage?) will fill that role?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

bobjr posted:

Wonder what these are

Oooooh!!! Those guys look interesting! good catch!

Flopsy fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Sep 5, 2019

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Xander B Coolridge posted:

What kind of route 1 bird will there be, or do y'all think Corviknight (and maybe its possible first stage?) will fill that role?

I remember seeing a weathervane with a Fletchling on it, and while architecture that are modeled after Pokemon isn't indicative of these Pokemon being in the regional dex, I think its safe to assume that Fletchling is in the game. Alongside Hoothoot.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Galarian Taillow

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Zuzie posted:

I remember seeing a weathervane with a Fletchling on it, and while architecture that are modeled after Pokemon isn't indicative of these Pokemon being in the regional dex, I think its safe to assume that Fletchling is in the game. Alongside Hoothoot.

Yeah but there's always a regional route 1 bird. It's kind of odd we're not sure what that is at this point. D'you think we'll be getting a nintendo trailer or was that trickle we got on the direct it for the month?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Galarian Pidove. It's the exact same as Unovan Pidove but instead of turning into Unfezant it just gets fatter and fatter. The last stage looks like Togekiss.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Pentaro posted:

Galarian Pidove. It's the exact same as Unovan Pidove but instead of turning into Unfezant it just gets fatter and fatter. The last stage looks like Togekiss.

Well now we know what's in the sausages.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I'm curious, how many new pokemon were we aware of just months out from SuMo? It feels like it was a lot more than the like dozen we know about for SwSh but maybe I'm just misremembering.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Ometeotl posted:

I'm curious, how many new pokemon were we aware of just months out from SuMo? It feels like it was a lot more than the like dozen we know about for SwSh but maybe I'm just misremembering.

It's too much work to check on the past, but for now, counting mons we've spotted, it's only 23 New pokemon plus 4 galarian.

welp i did it anyway, at this point in Sun and Moon they had revealed 34 new pokemon and 7 regional forms. Then a week after the 2016 september direct, they showed another regional, 3 pokemon and introduced Ultra Beasts. So maybe a beefier video next week.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 5, 2019

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Yep, they're revealing a lot less, which either means they've finally learned their lesson, or they don't have much to show. Who knows!

I imagine we'll get a trailer sometime this month, learn about the story and whatnot.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008
They might be saving some reveals for the anime trailer at the end of the month, especially since ash usually catches the pidgey clone each gen.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So, new info on upcoming episodes for the anime came out.
September 15th's episode will end the finals of the league.
September 22nd, Guzzlord invades the awards ceremony and literally everyone must team up to stop it.
September 29th, no information on the title or summary, just who the staff is.
October 6th, exhibition match with Masked Royale starts.

They're going out of their way to avoid spoiling the finals for now

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I can't believe they had to remove Pokemon from the Pokedex but then they added a loving Currydex!

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i like that "this pokemon i don't like looks like a digimon" has evolved into "this pokemon i don't like looks like a yokai watch"

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Wendell posted:

“It may even allow a trusted trainer to taste its tea,” was the funniest and grossest line in the direct.

game ghost bath water

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

absolutely anything posted:

i like that "this pokemon i don't like looks like a digimon" has evolved into "this pokemon i don't like looks like a yokai watch"
I haven't played either game but youkai watch monsters look cuter :shobon:

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
gently caress tha haters Imma spill tea all over your asses with my teatime crew.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/SUPER_32X/status/1169619936873836544

Occasional reminder that the Gamefreak founders are otaku who got lucky their monster collection game on gameboy became a worldwide hit.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Impidimp looks like a dragon quest and that's good

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

SyntheticPolygon posted:

They really know how to impart personality. Sure, it's a boring, not particularly good type. Sure, it's a pretty basic "blue bird" design. Sure, its ability is really situational, but by Arceus, we'll make it work as long as the bird looks goofy enough!

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Geostomp posted:

They really know how to impart personality. Sure, it's a boring, not particularly good type. Sure, it's a pretty basic "blue bird" design. Sure, its ability is really situational, but by Arceus, we'll make it work as long as the bird looks goofy enough!

Goofy birds are good birds.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's a new design team on Gen 8, isn't it? They're doing a drat good job so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMyNNgSVgEY