Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Where's the love for Boss rear end Witch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
I hope there is a ridiculously-on-theme planeswalker like a gnome or a peter pan clone.

Snow White 2WW

+1 create a food token (gooseberry pie)
-1 create a 1/1 bird creature token with flying
-7 create 7 1/1 gnome tokens. You get an emblem with "whenever you sacrifice a food token, put 2 +1/+1 counters on each creature you control"
{3}

Mouth Ze Dong fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 5, 2019

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I want a Master Chef legendary that I can make Food EDH with

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Nukes to Saudi A! posted:

I hope there is a ridiculously-on-theme planeswalker like a gnome or a peter pan clone.

Snow White 2WW

+1 create a food token (gooseberry pie)
-1 create a 1/1 bird creature token with flying
-7 create 7 1/1 gnome tokens. You get an emblem with "whenever you sacrifice a food token, put 2 +1/+1 counters on each creature you control"
{3}

we've already seen the three planeswalkers in the set

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

The Arena brawl event is super fun, y'all need to stop complaining and go play.

The esper faerie deck is really cool, and whoever designed it should get a raise. The mardu knights deck is kinda fun, even though the commander is lame as hell. The jund dragon man aristocrats deck is kinda spicy, and Chulane is just kinda okay.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you

flatluigi posted:

we've already seen the three planeswalkers in the set

And oso literally has two abilities that are make food and make creature

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Silhouette posted:

The Arena brawl event is super fun, y'all need to stop complaining and go play.

The esper faerie deck is really cool, and whoever designed it should get a raise. The mardu knights deck is kinda fun, even though the commander is lame as hell. The jund dragon man aristocrats deck is kinda spicy, and Chulane is just kinda okay.

I feel like Chulane wants a deck that isn't what the precon is, really

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
how does the and/or clause work? you don't get to choose, right? and if so, why not just "and"?

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Kinda weird that they wrote that as a 0/3 instead of a */3. Or is that a screenshot from it being in play in Arena?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
it is arena, don't how the screenshot was taken

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Jabor posted:

Kinda weird that they wrote that as a 0/3 instead of a */3. Or is that a screenshot from it being in play in Arena?

I think a * in a creature's power or toughness means that the value is always being checked based on the card's rules text. Since Arena is digital that number can just be updated in real-time instead of requiring players to remember the value as it changes. In print it'll probably read as a */3.

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

The arena event is fun; but nothing is jumping out as particularly high powered.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Rinkles posted:

how does the and/or clause work? you don't get to choose, right? and if so, why not just "and"?

I think it's to prevent it from double counting something that's both (which is totally possible).

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

To stop confusion over if it only counts things that are both or not, while being less wordy than having two separate clauses.

By the wording it should have a * and the physical card probably does, though someone asked Maro a while back why its sometimes a * and sometimes a 0 with +1 for whatever and he was like 'there's no difference, its just down to whoever designed/templated it.'

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Really hope they pushed the food/aristocrat archetype.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
The Brawl event was okay, but the Knights deck was woefully underpowered compared to the other three, the Esper deck having Kaya's Wrath is bizarre given how many Islands it plays, and the Bant deck is basically impossible to beat if it gets its ramp and does nothing if it doesn't. The Jund deck is sick though.

Excellent.

Rinkles posted:

If you have an Artifact Enchantment, you only get 1 power from it.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Alela is stupid powerful, because what Kykar needed was deathtouch and lifelink.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Is this spoiler season heavily accelerated or is it just my perception of time compressing as I approach death, it feels like there was a bit more pacing to the release of WAR

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is this spoiler season heavily accelerated or is it just my perception of time compressing as I approach death, it feels like there was a bit more pacing to the release of WAR

I think they're taking the opportunity to revive Brawl with new spoilers on Arena, so we got a whole bunch of cards today. Which is silly because the left hand at WotC that was promoting Brawl should have told the right hand at WotC that was developing Arena that they should loving program Brawl into their flagship digital product, but whatever.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Hellsau posted:

I think they're taking the opportunity to revive Brawl with new spoilers on Arena, so we got a whole bunch of cards today. Which is silly because the left hand at WotC that was promoting Brawl should have told the right hand at WotC that was developing Arena that they should loving program Brawl into their flagship digital product, but whatever.

yeah I can't believe they didn't add Brawl to Arena in any playable form. what a fuckup!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

flatluigi posted:

yeah I can't believe they didn't add Brawl to Arena in any playable form. what a fuckup!

The issue is more that they didn't add it to arena in Dominaria block, when they invented it.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
looking forward to the new brawl format where your opponent starts at 30 life and will never not have teferi on turn 3

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Why did they allow planeswalkers...

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Why did they allow planeswalkers...

i forgot they allowed planeswalkers, well maybe they'll ban teferi faster than they banned baral otherwise the format is dead on the vine

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
i guess getting to cast Repulse on turn 3 is just too much for the format to bear

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Jabor posted:

i guess getting to cast Repulse on turn 3 is just too much for the format to bear

generally getting to guarantee a Repulse on turn 3 that also disables the opponent's instants and doesn't cost a card from your hand and then sticks around to provide further value will allow you to craft a deck around that fact, using early removal to exhaust the opponent of resources that you'll then recover with your stupid three mana play or other typical UW Control stuff.

When Brawl first came out, Baral was the only option to play if you wanted to win, and it absolutely killed the format on MTGO (Brawl was never a thing in paper in any real quantity). WotC should probably seek to not kill it on Arena, and having the format devolve into nonsense UW Control mirrors is a good way for it to die.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

This Brawl thing is by a huge amount the most unfun event they've ever had on Arena.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

suicidesteve posted:

This Brawl thing is by a huge amount the most unfun event they've ever had on Arena.

Play one of the green decks. If your opponent plays turn 2 Signet and isn't playing the crappy Knights deck and you don't have ramp, just write the game off and concede.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Yeah I had a miserable time until I played the Bant deck, then it was fine. Mull for ramp, then pop off and draw your whole deck.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

suicidesteve posted:

Look at this guy who didn't play Planeswalker Momir.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

GrandpaPants posted:

Look at this guy who didn't play Planeswalker Momir.

oh my god that was loving awful

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

suicidesteve posted:

Treasure and Zendikar constructed were way worse

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

ItBreathes posted:

By the wording it should have a * and the physical card probably does, though someone asked Maro a while back why its sometimes a * and sometimes a 0 with +1 for whatever and he was like 'there's no difference, its just down to whoever designed/templated it.'

Yeah, on Arena, stuff that should have * in its P/T never does, it's rendered to the correct value at all times.

Also the faerie brawl precon is a lot of fun. I'm enjoying frogify-ing enemy commanders way more than I should.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

suicidesteve posted:

It's not even the most unfun event they've had in the last month

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

suicidesteve posted:

Someone didn't play the ladfall event

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I meant landfall, I am of course all for a ladfall

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

MikeCrotch posted:

Treasure and Zendikar constructed were way worse

Treasure owned because thousand year storm was incredibly good

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Chulane is great if you can get a creature that lets you ramp crazy like district guide out. Gyre engineer is a tap for UG, and Incubation Druid can get really good if you can sneak enough mana by to adapt her. If they cannot get rid of him fast enough, you're basically a pseudo Feather but with ETB effects. Forbidden Spirit to force them to choose between playing spells and actually attack. Frilled Mystic to counter spells. Kraul Harpooner to remove flyers. Thorn Mammoth as targeted removal. Etc.

Parhelion II works well enough if you can keep it alive. Once you pump out one angel token, it's basically self-reliant. Frilled Mystic is very useful for keeping it from getting hit by removal for that initial turn. The other main winning combo I've found is playing creatures using Thorn Mammoth's ability to remove creatures, then End-Raze Forerunners and attacking with your entire line.

Victory lap is using biomancer's familiar to make Chulane's ability even cheaper. I had a game where I was playing and returning Forbidden Spirit to my hand every turn to keep my opponent from destroying me, delaying the game long enough to get twice as many lands out and most of my utility creatures, then followed up with the mammoth and hogs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

does it matter if a card is exiled with adventure or not? I thought that all the adventure creatures could be cast from exile no matter how they were put there.