Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:
All burgs are just a kind of soup anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Errant Gin Monks posted:

All burgs are just a kind of soup anyway.

They are the way I eat ‘em!!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Kinda for real on my front, I love a saucy burger

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Chick-Fil-A "Home of the original chicken burger" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Alternatively, pizza is a sandwich.

I'm firmly in Ginger Beer Belly's camp on this one.
Have a patty sandwich:

Pizza is an open-faced ravioli

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

Democratic Pirate posted:

This name derail will continue until someone makes a salmon burger and microwaves a leftover patty at work the next day.

gently caress, I have a pair of salmon burgs in my freezer and I'm 4 months overdue for a review. That's one way to remind them...

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I love burgers

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I love burgers

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Burgers? I love!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

I carefully pick my burgers, examine them closely, then eat them.

I’m a burger eater.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Burger? I hardly know her!

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
I eat my burger

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
I put my burger up on a pedestal. Made out of burgers.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
SMASHBURG THAT SUBSCRIBE BUTTON

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Burger confirmed. Also your nails are really clean. Good job on both fronts.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Cheese is a sausage

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Watermelon is a vichyssoise

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I just had the best meal and a great experience at 4 Charles Prime Rib in Manhattan. They also own and manage Au Cheval. The burger here was better than Au Cheval and was the best thing I’ve ever eaten. And the chocolate pie is even better. I had to stop after a few bites and soak in the bliss for a moment. Make reservations and go, enjoy good atmosphere.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 10:34 on Sep 9, 2019

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

Gatts posted:

I just had the best meal and a great experience at 4 Charles Prime Rib in Manhattan. They also own and manage Au Cheval. The burger here was better than Au Cheval and was the best thing I’ve ever eaten. And the chocolate pie is even better. I had to stop after a few bites and soak in the bliss for a moment. Make reservations and go, enjoy good atmosphere.

Okay, I can't help but ask: how much did you spend for a burger, fries, a beer, and dessert?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Coasterphreak posted:

Okay, I can't help but ask: how much did you spend for a burger, fries, a beer, and dessert?

I’m guessing $55 plus tip

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Looking at the menu they are definitely proud of their bacon.

But as the saying goes...when in Rome...

How was the English cut Prime Rib?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
So I had great service and I’m almost confident I was taking to Brendan who is the chef that owns all these restaurants. He was really happy with my enthusiasm of the food and put dessert on the house. He was really cool.

Burger, no bacon or egg, fries, English Cut Prime Rib, 2 Corpse Reviver, 1 Rob Roy, 1 Pepsi came to $150. I don’t know what the dessert would have cost. I tipped $50 cause the whole experience was great.

The burger without any additions there is like $22.

My cousin had the Prime Rib and he said it was good but wasn’t as enthusiastic as I was about the burger.

The chocolate pie blew both of us away.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Sep 9, 2019

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

And to think, over here there was a huge fuss because supermarkets were serving up Burger Au Cheval without telling us!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
$22 for burger, $10 for fries, $20 for my drink. So $55 is indeed right before tip. It was worth it. I had contemplated of adding Bacon for $9 but my cousin can't eat pork and I wanted him to have a taste.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
I’m amazed people will pay 10 bucks for fries. I have myself and was wondering what the gently caress I was doing paying 10 bucks for fries.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I’m amazed people will pay 10 bucks for fries. I have myself and was wondering what the gently caress I was doing paying 10 bucks for fries.

I work a grocery store and as such, always have the prices of various foodstuffs in my face. I wonder why I spend 10 bucks on a whole meal of fries, burger and a soda when 10 bucks can get me most of the stuff to make my own, plus extras.

Then I go out and grab something from jack in the box on the way home from work cause gently caress I don't wanna cook and have dishes and I'm a lazy rear end american and this is why it hurts when I bend too far in one direction.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Errant Gin Monks posted:

The best fries I've had are at NoMad Bar at the NoMad hotel in Manhattan. Not only is it a rosemary type fry but it has a slight citrus edge to it and it is surprising how good it is.

In fact next time you go to Manhattan, start off at NoMad Bar then finish the night at 4 Charles Prime Rib. Realize you spent $150 on drinks and dinner. It's completely worth it.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch

Gatts posted:

The best fries I've had are at NoMad Bar at the NoMad hotel in Manhattan. Not only is it a rosemary type fry but it has a slight citrus edge to it and it is surprising how good it is.

In fact next time you go to Manhattan, start off at NoMad Bar then finish the night at 4 Charles Prime Rib. Realize you spent $150 on drinks and dinner. It's completely worth it.

I have spent a ridiculous amount of money on dinners before. I’m not ashamed.

But I did want a burg after seeing your photo today so I took some of the beef I got from the farm down the street and made a burg.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Quick pub burger

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

iajanus posted:

Quick pub burger

Took me a really long time to realize that wasn't a nozzle spraying pressurised air at the burger

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

iajanus posted:

Quick pub burger

Is that a hard-crust bread on a burger?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

God dang it, now I HAVE to grill burgs tonight.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

God dang it, now I HAVE to grill burgs tonight.

If I grilled burgs every time I wanted to grill burgs, I'd have to have a constantly-burning charcoal fire and a whole cow delivered weekly

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

You make it sound like something is wrong with that.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Colostomy Bag posted:

You make it sound like something is wrong with that.

Solely the expense.

Possibly medical issues, but those are down the line.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

D. Ebdrup posted:

Is that a hard-crust bread on a burger?

Toasted Turkish

Was a great crispy roll, which held together well with the moist ingredients and mango chilli sauce.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Nothing special but burged at home tonight. Simple bacon burger with double cheese.

Beetroot, of course, required

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

iajanus posted:

Nothing special but burged at home tonight. Simple bacon burger with double cheese.

Beetroot, of course, required

That's real Aussie.

Mine wasn't so much.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Don Dongington posted:

That's real Aussie.

Mine wasn't so much.

I would eat that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Grilled a fine double maple bacon cheeseburger with chipotle mayo and blueberry ghost pepper hot sauce.

Made a rub using brown sugar, smoked paprika, cayenne, white pepper, Himalayan pink salt, garlic salt, onion powder, coriander and cumin

Next time I’ll ask the butcher to do 70/30 chuck/fat split and see if I can griddle it

Gatts fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Sep 15, 2019