Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

I need more of these.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

zoux posted:

Diaping out is an ageist meme! Both ways!

Is it ageist against old people or babies

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Heath posted:

Booothhh waaayyyysss

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
i've watched star wars like a hundred times and the prequels were so bad i had to look up what the reference was, because i couldn't remember anyone responding after obi wan said "hello there" to r2d2

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Heath posted:

old people don't cry and poo poo their pants when they're upset, they run the economy into the ground and kill the planet

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Remember when people got so mad the new movies had a woman and a black man as the main characters that suddenly there were a bunch of "actually the prequels were good" thinkpieces?

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Montalvo posted:

These anime memes are a degree worse than the Simpsons shitposts of yester-year.

9/10 is still an A.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Moon Slayer posted:

Remember when people got so mad the new movies had a woman and a black man as the main characters that suddenly there were a bunch of "actually the prequels were good" thinkpieces?

no

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Moon Slayer posted:

Yes

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

KoRMaK posted:

same, except not this one. Who is that Jon looking fella

but this one instead
That's Jon's friend Lyman.

Lyman was based on one of Jim Davis's rl friends, and that friend passed away and Jim didn’t to put his dead friend in the strip so Lyman just never appeared again.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh cool it's that one logic puzzle. Uh, what would the other poster say about the prequels

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

zoux posted:

Oh cool it's that one logic puzzle. Uh, what would the other poster say about the prequels

They're ok.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

diaping out about japanese cartoons is a racist meme hth

Japan loving hates weebs too and if you look at their television ratings the only anime non-children and non-perverts watch is animated sitcoms just like in America.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Sleeveless posted:

Japan loving hates weebs too and if you look at their television ratings the only anime non-children and non-perverts watch is animated sitcoms just like in America.

[extremely not a racist voice]

Nuh uh, Japan is solely defined by the pervert cartoons and thus not liking the only aspect of their culture makes you the REAL racist.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

old people don't cry and poo poo their pants when they're upset, they run the economy into the ground and kill the planet

What?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1169578155948072962

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

THe prequels are well done movies but it makes sense that “fans” don’t enjoy them. It’s ok you don’t have to enjoy every movie

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

CannonFodder posted:

That's Jon's friend Lyman.

Lyman was based on one of Jim Davis's rl friends, and that friend passed away and Jim didn’t to put his dead friend in the strip so Lyman just never appeared again.

THANK YOU. now I may lol

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Am I the only one who thought as a kid that Lyman didn't have a moustache but a really hosed up mouth?

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Sleeveless posted:

[Citation needed]

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

No, it's loving that Japan hates

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

euphronius posted:

THe prequels are well done movies but it makes sense that “fans” don’t enjoy them. It’s ok you don’t have to enjoy every movie

Real Star Wars fans hate everything except for one (1) film and d3 (1-3) other pieces of media.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

barbecue at the folks posted:

Am I the only one who thought as a kid that Lyman didn't have a moustache but a really hosed up mouth?

Am I the only one who thought Dogbert's nose was his perpetually open mouth

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Real Star Wars fans hate everything except for one (1) film and d3 (1-3) other pieces of media.
Imagine being the poor sod rolling a one and then rolling the Christmas Special as the other piece of media.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
i came up with a decent meme but im at work and suck w/ photoshop

combine these two and add this machine kills facists or the this is my gun purse speech from fmj

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-VaqSuMAms

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I can't tell you how disappointed I am that the meme reference people didn't get was sw episode 1, yet there are like pages of memes about some niche anime where the jokes seem mostly to be that the show is lovely. And also somehow like most of the posters itt have seen the show and understand those references.

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug
The people all pent up about Star Wars and anime should find some memes about kids today and their baggy pants or something.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This one is a little bit blue so I won't inline it; I'll remove it if its not kosher:

https://imgur.com/pYhiMjp

(evidently this is actually accurate, the industry does this to avoid the government/etc looking too close into things)

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Sleeveless posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2FGgYp6mdk

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Moon Slayer posted:

No I remember the generation that watched the prequels as kids growing up and getting internet access and this forum getting old as hell

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

bike tory posted:

I can't tell you how disappointed I am that the meme reference people didn't get was sw episode 1, yet there are like pages of memes about some niche anime where the jokes seem mostly to be that the show is lovely. And also somehow like most of the posters itt have seen the show and understand those references.

This thread has had a weeb infestation for ages, it's real bad.

And nobody should ever talk poo poo about the prequels, good or bad it gave us the Auralnauts recuts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFicXlvJBdo&t=285s

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

My personal favourite:

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

MisterBibs posted:

This one is a little bit blue so I won't inline it; I'll remove it if its not kosher:

https://imgur.com/pYhiMjp

(evidently this is actually accurate, the industry does this to avoid the government/etc looking too close into things)

I kinda doubt a bunch of actual incest videos are being I Am Spartacused by an industry-wide ruse dude

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The prequels are bad because George Lucas had absolute control and hence ruined them. In the original triology he had a bunch of other people involved who basically would sit him down and go “no, we can’t do that. It’s too expensive/doesn’t make sense/ is a poo poo idea/looks like trash”. When he got rich he could afford to fire those people and hire people who would agree that having an enormous scene with cgi bullshit everywhere on screen to the point it’s so cluttered the viewer struggles to understand what’s going on.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

barbecue at the folks posted:

wait, thats a mustache?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
If the prequels are so bad then how come I love all these memes so much and yet can't remember anything about TFA or TLJ?!