Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

literally just doing search+replace to all the Iraq War propaganda lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Using the spray tool to add shades of green to the brown, dusty city template

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

the truly pathetic thing is that this is clearly a rewrite of their original plan for the second season, because the first one ends with office jim being offered a job in russia by bunk
so they were gonna do some putin/russia bashing but then guaido happened and they decided to grab onto that

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Doctor Jeep posted:

the truly pathetic thing is that this is clearly a rewrite of their original plan for the second season, because the first one ends with office jim being offered a job in russia by bunk
so they were gonna do some putin/russia bashing but then guaido happened and they decided to grab onto that

somebody's gonna get fired for dedicating the entire second season to boosting the profile of the Venezuelan Jeb!

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

somebody's gonna get fired for dedicating the entire second season to boosting the profile of the Venezuelan Jeb!

would that be someone at the state department or at the production company

i'd be satisfied with any of the options, tbh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Epic High Five posted:

drat fnox is going to struggle now and become even more fygm

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Long article about Guaido and his fellow stooges being corrupt or gently caress ups
https://thegrayzone.com/2019/09/03/...set/#more-14256

Short version is this: the Venezuelan state was always separated from Citgo by multiple different boards of directors. As such, foreign resource extraction companies mad at venezuela for seizing their poo poo under chavez haven't been able to reach Citgo's coffers to grab the billions of dollars in concessions they wanted

Cut to Guaido appointing himself fake president and then appointing the boards of every single level down to Citgo. This lifts the corporate veil and allows debtors, starting with a company called Crystallex, to claim Citgo is just an alter ego of the Venezuelan government. Citgo now loses its lawsuits and is likely to go under. These tools who accused Maduro of mismanagement will have potentially shuttered Citgo within a year.

Fun twist: Guaido's fake attorney general, the guy who allowed Guaido to make these veil lifting appointments is Jose Ignacio Hernández. Prior to his appointment by Guaido he was, get this, a lawyer for Crystallex who was trying to argue Crystallex should be allowed to sue Citgo for Venezuela's debts. He also worked for other companies attempting the same claim. This is either monstrous incompetence or just intentionally blowing up Citgo so corporate behemoths can loot it for all it's worth. bigger remaining market share for Exxon, BP, Shell etc too

Fast Luck has issued a correction as of 20:16 on Sep 5, 2019

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

That gang of collaborators have failed at pillaging Venezuela so they have to settle for helping steal the country's overseas assets.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Doctor Jeep posted:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://twitter.com/EmpireFiles/status/1169686986518478848

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

if anyone wants an actually good spy show to watch, check out The Bureau AKA Le Bureau des Legendes
better acting, better story, better production, better everything

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/GrayzoneProject/status/1169868663345647618

quote:

On August 31, I exposed Hausmann’s hypocritical financial past, revealing he accepted speaking fees from repressive governments like Israel and Saudi Arabia, while criticizing banks for doing business with Venezuela’s elected government. I also raised questions about Hausmann’s private consulting firm, questioning why the economist failed to disclose his clients now that he claims to represent Guaidó’s administration at the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB).

I sought comment from Hausmann while writing that article, asking him questions including whether or not it was appropriate for him and Guaidó’s “attorney general,” José Ignacio Hernández, to continue working at Harvard despite their service in Venezuela’s US-recognized government.

“I can’t think of one example of someone who worked an academic job [at Harvard] while serving in government. How do you have time for all of your duties?” I asked the professor.

“I exercise no government functions,” Haussman replied. “I do not run an organization, I am not paid by the Venezuelan government and I do not manage a public budget.”

This answer surprised me. Hausmann’s appointment to serve at the IDB and his role in designing Guaidó’s $160 billion debt restructuring plan surely constitute “government functions,” and in fact, required the ouster of an IDB official who had been appointed by the elected government of President Nicolas Maduro.

“Are you telling me Guaido’s administration does not constitute a legitimate government? I am sure the Venezuelan people will be surprised to hear that,” I said to Hausmann, highlighting his role in Guaidó’s so-called administration.

Realizing his error, Hausmann conceded, “I am an advisor of Juan Guaidó, which I do on a pro bono basis. I have been named governor of the IDB and a member of the restructuring commission. Neither involves any compensation.”

“So you do exercise government function?” I replied in order to confirm Hausmann’s self-contradiction. I noted the fact Alejandro Grisanti, the Guaidó-appointed chair of PdVSA’s board, and Gustavo Tarre, Guaidó’s “ambassador” to the Organization of American States, were required to quit their previous jobs before joining Venezuela’s shadow regime, even if they aren’t getting paid either.

“This isn’t an issue of compensation,” I added, stressing the issue of his dual employment.

It was at this point that Hausmann’s defense devolved from logic, which seemed to be in low supply, to ad-hominem.

“You are not a journalist nor are you interested in the truth,” charged Hausmann. “You are an advocate of a cause and you produce biased and untrue stuff that advances your political agenda.”

“Ok, you are entitled to your opinion,” I responded, inviting Hausmann to correct any of my inaccuracies. “Have I said anything false?”

“I am not required to quit my job, according to Venezuelan law, US law or Harvard norms,” asserted the professor.

“Ok,” I accepted. “But shouldn’t you disclose your private consulting clients if you are a government advisor?”

Rather than answer my question, Hausmann changed the subject: “You tried to disqualify my daughter just because she is my daughter as if she was not an [independent] woman.”

Mar 18, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MizPiz posted:

Using the spray tool to add shades of green to the brown, dusty city template

Anyway, don't you think that the dwarves on Level 4......look a little too similar to the elves on Level 6? Might be a little too confusing.

Well, that's an interesting theory, Kane. But redesigning all those characters at this stage would be way too expensive.

I agree. But what if you just rendered them a different color? You know, that would be cheap and quick.

Uh- Leave the decisions to me, Kane.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

Joanna Hausmann should be disqualified from posting, imo.

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Joanna Hausmann should be disqualified from posting, imo.

or just oxygen in general.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

lol these people are seriously the most shallow and moronic people imaginable, remember when we used to be competent about coups and didn't need to resort to explicitly killing thousands with an expensive embargo

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

US regime change operations have been brutal affairs since at least the coup against Árbenz in Guatemala

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Actually, malicious sanctions and fabricating Casus belli is about rights and freedom

https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/status/1170060776436117506?s=20

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Gotta ask, is the thread title a reference to how the terminally academic pronounce it?

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Epic High Five posted:

lol these people are seriously the most shallow and moronic people imaginable, remember when we used to be competent about coups and didn't need to resort to explicitly killing thousands with an expensive embargo

nope

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Epic High Five posted:

*laughs in fidel castro*

Dec 26, 2012

D.Ork Bimboolean posted:

Actually, malicious sanctions and fabricating Casus belli is about rights and freedom

https://twitter.com/SecPompeo/status/1170060776436117506?s=20

AUDIENCE: Great.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
War is a racket.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
God given freedoms

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Chang'e is the only deity I respect.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
chavismo wins!!!

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

World War Mammories posted:

do these people even attempt to reconcile this with maduro straight up offering another election while again asking for UN observers to ratify it, while the opposition explicitly refused both offers, or does that just kind of fall by the wayside

the first conceit in the supposed free and fair elections is that maduro and probably large portions of the psuv ain't allowed to run

not even the least bit shy about that one.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

A big flaming stink posted:

chavismo wins!!!

N E V E R
S T O P
P O S T I N G

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

jfood posted:

the first conceit in the supposed free and fair elections is that maduro and probably large portions of the psuv ain't allowed to run

not even the least bit shy about that one.

Just ban everyone ffs

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

A big flaming stink posted:

chavismo wins!!!

D&d is next :twisted:

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

What if I trust what RT and TeleSUR says about America too? Everything is bad OP

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 20 days!)

There's an old adage about a country's media only being honest about other countries. But American media bullshits about everything.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
makes sense, seeing how america is acting like they own the whole world lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I can't wait for America to collapse and be balkanized.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Heartcatch posted:

I can't wait for America to collapse and be balkanized.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Amerikkka

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

rip patrice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Trump just fired bolton lmao