Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Use Mirage, and Triple the amount of Lenz arrows. Yes, it stacks with multishot.

The shadow arrows fired by Mirage don't do self damage, so you can fire nearby a wall and your real arrow will fly away, and a shadow arrow will impact the wall and explode your nearby enemies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
:sigh: if only Wukong's old Defy still existed, Lenz would be viable everywhere.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Jobbo_Fett posted:

:sigh: if only Wukong's old Defy still existed, Lenz would be viable everywhere.

I mean you can still let the clone shoot (bonus: he has infinite ammo!), just a shame he is so afraid to shoot unlike with full auto guns

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Well that explains why I am blowing up randomly lol. Thank you Goons. Mirage and Lenz just sounds mean, I gotta try it out.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005
Fix Nyx so she gives all affected enemies your primary weapon a lenz.

Obviously their lenz should still kill you.

Theswarms fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Sep 5, 2019

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Goa Tse-tung posted:

I mean you can still let the clone shoot (bonus: he has infinite ammo!), just a shame he is so afraid to shoot unlike with full auto guns

Well, you could also just invest in that mod that reduces self-damage by 90-99% for the cost of 10% damage or whatever it was/is

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Well, you could also just invest in that mod that reduces self-damage by 90-99% for the cost of 10% damage or whatever it was/is

Ha, no.

It's completely useless. Losing a mod slot is actually a huge deal in terms of how much damage you deal, and also, you'll still die. Properly modded weapons do literally thousands of times more damage than a Warframe's health pool.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Ha, no.

It's completely useless. Losing a mod slot is actually a huge deal in terms of how much damage you deal, and also, you'll still die. Properly modded weapons do literally thousands of times more damage than a Warframe's health pool.

yeah to get Lenz to not kill you, you need more than 2 nine's

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
If you Rhino with Iron skin you won't get hit by the freeze-proc and it becomes really easy to just roll out if you whoops into the bubble.

Lenz is pretty easy to play around in general, as with the Penta, if you kill yourself it's basically your own fault.

The Tonkor however.....

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6u9R-DAvjM

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Cautious Shot could be 100% damage reduction and they could remove the -15% damage penalty and it would still be poo poo.

If they simultaneously released an Exilus slot for weapons and it qualified then, maybe, you'd be getting somewhere.

e: Or if instead of a penalty to damage it were Cautious Serration and also added +155% damage.

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Sep 5, 2019

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Lenz is the best weapon because there is a baked-in "ohhhhhhhh nooooooo" moment.

S+++++ very dramatic.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
I miss my OP Tonkor. It was more fun to aim the grenades. Now the best weapons are mostly beams, point and click.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
You can still live your "suicide by teammate walking in front of you" fantasies with the kulstar!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

El Generico posted:

I miss my OP Tonkor. It was more fun to aim the grenades. Now the best weapons are mostly beams, point and click.

If you have the Napalm Grenades mod the Secura Penta is fairly close to oldschool Tonkor, and the Zarr is a solid pick too.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Does Napalm Grenades make them detonate on contact?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

StashAugustine posted:

Does Napalm Grenades make them detonate on contact?

yes. It is mostly bad for your health

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Tulip posted:

yes. It is mostly bad for your health

and bad for others health in the hands of your Wuclone :eng101:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
akimbo kulstars someday ... someday

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Psion posted:

akimbo kulstars someday ... someday

my ms riven for kulstar is my most prized possession

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I like to use Lenz on Loki. I drop his duplicate and run of away a safe distance. Once all the enemies pile up around it I fire a Lenz bubble on the group. It's a Left 4 Dead pipe bomb. Especially fun in Survival.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

Avulsion posted:

If you look closely at the vent kids you'll see that their necks are really just metal hinges attaching their heads to their bodies, and they have handles coming out of their skulls. Presumably, once they grow big enough they get their heads installed in their chests like the rest of the Solaris.

holy shieeet this game, how did I not notice that

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

grate deceiver posted:

holy shieeet this game, how did I not notice that

Isn't that the same for Arlo, you know aside from the whole infestation thing.

Ms. Nightwave implies she was there to witness Arlo transforming but that seems awfully suspect.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Inzombiac posted:

Ms. Nightwave implies she was there to witness Arlo transforming but that seems awfully suspect.

I don't think she implied she was there. She just said she had to look away at that point. I'm definitely beginning to wonder if we're talking "I got a lot of cameras" or "oh you think you're the only ones who can body-hop, assholes?" though.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Ya I'd bet she either simply had a live feed, or was just crouching in that room the whole time.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Nora talks about "the feeds lighting up" so I assume she has space informants, space cameras and space internet

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

supposedly when they buffed it it wasnt working properly and now it does actually prevent you from killing yourself after they fixed it.

i havent tried it because whats the point of using an explosive weapon if you cant kill yourself

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
30000 endo to max that poo poo, wtf

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Nora is the only person in the galaxy that remembers remote observers are a thing

also the corpus locker ship deco is a little misleading

Terbulus fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Sep 5, 2019

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
I’ve had grineer commanders switch teleport and infested ancients “get over here” me into my own Lenz explosions and I can’t even get mad. Just well played, all around.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Terbulus posted:

Nora is the only person in the galaxy that remembers remote observers are a thing

I still have one in my inventory and legit forgot what it was.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Terbulus posted:

also the corpus locker ship deco is a little misleading

What is this, a locker for ants?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
No, its just Moore's Law. Corpus applied it to their lockers.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I wish.

Ghost of Christmas Future-ing Nef Anyo would be hilarious.

that would be probably the perfect conclusion were never getting to fortuna cause DE got distracted by Jupiter (where's the last orb fight DE????)

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Kwanzaa Quickie posted:

I’ve had grineer commanders switch teleport and infested ancients “get over here” me into my own Lenz explosions and I can’t even get mad. Just well played, all around.

Once I had a drop ship with a lenz arrow attached suddenly charge me. It was a very smart maneuver.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!
Got a Cyanex riven from a sortie and the gun seems kinda cool. After a few rolls I landed on +245.8% damage and +154.3% multishot, but with -21% damage to Grineer. I know minus Grineer damage is a bad negative, should I keep rolling?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

lol no

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

My favorite Lenz maneuver is shooting off an arrow then being downed and slowly reeled into the death zone by a Scorpion or Ancient. It really gives me time to reflect on my mistakes.

Mr. Met
Jan 14, 2008

Personally I preferred the mixed nuts caper!

Cool, thanks. I'm still trying to figure out how the weapons systems work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Mr. Met posted:

Got a Cyanex riven from a sortie and the gun seems kinda cool. After a few rolls I landed on +245.8% damage and +154.3% multishot, but with -21% damage to Grineer. I know minus Grineer damage is a bad negative, should I keep rolling?

Yes, two good stats isn't that rare of a roll and -Grineer is cripplingly bad.