Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cliff down. I'm impressed he lasted as long as he did with his age, weight, and bum leg. He looked in trouble before Jess.

Christie down too. Both taken down by the incline.

Jackson, Tommy, and Nicole left. There were always likely to be the favorites. Jackson's type is usually too heavy for this but Jackson's got some real moron stubbornness strength and the field isn't very strong. Nicole hurt her back the other day so that's not good for her. Tommy is probably the favorite. But I think its open.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Looks like the comp was James-proofed.

https://twitter.com/BBGossip/status/1167263172941746178

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Nicole down. And with her the hopes of a not rear end in a top hat week.

Nicole is in tears and very emotional. Jess checks on her and then Holly and Cliff. Christie gets there eventually.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tommy down.

Jackson/Holly HOH for the THIRD STRAIGHT WEEK and FOUR OF THE LAST SIX!

Jackson was insisting on throwing the HOH so I have no idea who he puts up. Some combo of Jess, Christie, and Tommy I'd guess. But he might wuss out and do the "one of each." Who knows?

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
Haha so much for throwing it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
He was built for this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That was the saddest wall comp.

This week is going to be so redundent and boring. At this stage I'm just expecting Christie to survive her 4th straight week being nominated.

There was briefly fish towards the end as Tommy said something Jackson so its possible they made a deal. But no real idea.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

https://twitter.com/BellaWang21/sta...269806892077056

Bella's thoughts on Nick's eviction?
https://twitter.com/BellaWang21/status/1167252149283299330

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

https://twitter.com/ArmstrongTaran/status/1167274339433177089

Jackson celebrated with Christie and Tommy but he also told Holly, Cliff, and Nicole that he won for their F4. So your guess is as good as mine.

He told Cliff and Nicole that he won for them because Tommy would put them up, but really he won because he and Holly had gotten worried about Tommy the last few days (thanks in large part to Nicole planting the seed). Its just Jackson doing his usual "this thing I did that helps myself was actually done for you in a way that I never mentioned until this moment" thing.

Jackson tells Cliff that its bad for them to send out another dude so he’s gonna put up Christie and Jess. He’s gonna tell both they’re pawns, naturally. Sounds like Jess might be the target. You know, because she’s a dirty feminist. But Jackson’s talking out of both sides of his mouth as usual so we won’t know until he’s with Holly.

You’d think that if Jackson only won the comp to protect Cliff/Nicole from being nominated by Tommy that targeting Tommy would make sense. Jackson’s lies are comical in how they always contradict each other. And yet here he is. BB21.

I’m out. I can’t do a 3rd week of this.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Aug 30, 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
That poor shower

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jess is the target. Jackson's confirmed that with Holly. The thinking is that Jackson and Holly feel they're good with Christie/Tommy and Cliff/Nicole so they can just ride the middle between them and let them go after each other. Cliff is going along with it because he wants Christie/Tommy to go after Jackson/Holly. So I don't see anyone changing up this week unless Jess wins POV. Christie's played too well these last couple of weeks for me to expect her to screw up now.

If either of those duos win the DE HOH and don't take a shot at the showmance that has won 4 of the last 6 HOHs and 5 of the last 6 comps then they all deserve to lose.

Also Nick's extended interview is on Youtube if you want a last taste of his self important douche baggery before his bitterest of juror finale appearance.

I think this might be the week I start to check out. There's just nothing appealing about a 3rd week of Jackson and Holly as HOH, Christie as a pawn, and a bad player doing nothing to save themselves. DE on Thursday will hopefully get us down to 5 and then the game is mostly just about comps anyway. I'm just hoping Nicole gets AFP.

And at this stage I've developed a begrudging respect for Christie's game. I don't like her but she was basically playing the best game for 43 days, played really terrible for about a week, and has been outplaying everyone by a mile since then including talking her arch enemy into saving her not once, but THREE times. If she can make the end she deserves the win, even if Tommy will always tarnish her legacy and prevent her from being put up with the top tier fo players. But between my dislike for her, the Tommy thing, and my general disdain for this season if Holly or Cliff win I just don't care.

Just please not Tommy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Here, enjoy the HGs discussing how Nick didn't get much reaction from the crowd, Kat's blew Jack's out of the water, and Ana's was so quiet they thought there must have been some sort of national tragedy that had everyone in a bad mood.

https://twitter.com/DukeTheBBDuck/status/1167307695331790848

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Noms made. Jess and Christie. No apparent drama.

Feeds are so boring that my BB twitter list is monopolized by BB19 Mark feuding with Evel Dick and Audrey O'Day about whether or not she wanted him or if he's "gross."

But also Nicole continues her AFP assault.
https://twitter.com/Tooms_BB/status/1167589601042554885

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

POV has been happening for a few hours.

Everyone playing in POV except Holly. Nicole picked to play for the first time since W1. If Christie or Tommy win Cliff probably goes up. If Cliff, Nicole, or Jackson win noms probably lock. If Jess wins I don’t know what happens. Jackson would have to decide who to betray. Christie asked him about it at some point and he just avoided the subject. That could be indication that he’ll betray her (which seems likely) but it also could just be Jackson just not worrying about things not working out for him (which is his nature).

Holly and Jackson are fighting. Holly’s having another identity crisis - or the same one - because she’s correctly surmised that she’s barely on the show and is just “the douchebag’s girlfriend”. Everyone was happy Nicole finally gets to play in a POV so Holly made that about her and how she’s only played in any because she was HOH. She had another fight about Jackson about how she’s uncomfortable spending the entire season boning on the feeds and feeling like just a hookup to the douchey 24 year old so Jackson’s pissed at her for putting that on him… which honestly, I almost want to side with Jackson on because what the hell, Holly? Its been 2 months and at some point you gotta own your own poo poo. But Holly’s not about owning her poo poo so its Jackson’s fault and production’s and I guess Nicole for being sympathetic and apparently Kat for “saying hosed up poo poo” about Jackson and “triggering” him “being a douchebag” to her or Jack’s fault for making bringing the worst out of Jackson and making him “scary.”

Jackson has of course responded to this with the maturity and respect for women we’ve come to respect, by ignoring Holly’s existence and refusing to talk to her all day.

They’ve been in complete control for 3 weeks, haven’t spent one night outside the HOH room, and they’re completely miserable. Just another week with the least charming BB cast in history. And Nicole.

Interesting to note that the HGs all know that Jackson’s been getting a rehab edit the last few weeks and that fits well into their whole “its everyone’s fault but Jackson’s, its Kat’s fault he treated her so badly” bullshit.

Also apparently Holly has plans of leaving the house and starting a “clothing line for the homeless.” Which uh… has to be poorly worded, right?

https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto1/status/1167899596439212034

edit: Listening to some of it apparently what set this off was Jackson making some douchey sex joke about Holly and the DR telling Holly that something she said wasn't actually funny/clever. Obviously these insecurities and self important excuses have been Holly's thing all season and Zingbot stirred them up big but part of me thinks she's really mad that her song didn't make TV like Tommy's dance. She's trying to organize a Talent Show for Sunday night.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Aug 31, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tommy won POV.

Christie probably gonna survive a 4th straight week nominated.

Cliff probably goes up and Jess goes.

It was Hide & Seek POV.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tommy's using the POV. He talked about it with Jackson, Jackson said he just didn't want to break a tie, and Tommy and Christie both promised him they'd vote how he wants.

Tommy told Jess and she said she was happy for him and Christie and understood but seems kind of shell shocked that her game is basically over. She's got a thousand yard stare.

Cliff is under the impression Tommy won't use it for some reason, but he feels confident he has Nicole, Holly, and Jackson.

There's no way for Christie and Tommy to turn Nicole against Cliff or Holly against Jackson so the only way Jess doesn't go home is if Jackson does a 180 and wants Cliff gone. Christie might try that after noms lock. So maybe there's an off chance of game on Monday-Wednesday.

edit: There's so much not going on that Nicole has convinced herself that this is all a setup by the Gr8ful 4 to take out Cliff. She asked DR to call her in before she went into an anxiety attack about it and they obliged. The key to the paranoia is that Cliff tried to organize with Jackson and told him where his chip was and Jackson "accidently" found it. Nicole hasn't considered that Jackson might not just be an idiot.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Sep 1, 2019

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

There was like an hour of fish (sounds like it was a HOH lockdown while production fixed some stuff that got messed up in the POV) and when we came back the house was VERY awkward and Holly appears to be moving out of HOH?!

https://twitter.com/DukeTheBBDuck/status/1168007101811167232

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Here’s the thing that triggered the Jackson/Holly fight last night/today. People in general are paying so little attention to feeds that it took 24 hours to find.
https://twitter.com/DukeTheBBDuck/s...023391225315328

Jackson and Holly are sulking on opposite sides of the yard within eyeshot of each other waiting for the other to come begging for forgiveness.
https://twitter.com/girlsmeg/status...018510800252928

Nicole expresses her concerns to Cliff that this is a setup by the Gr8ful 4 to backdoor Cliff. Cliff thinks ultimately they have no control over it and if that’s the case they’re screwed anyway and there’s nothing they can do to change it, but he trusts that Jackson/Holy would prefer to face them at F4 than Christie/Tommy. Cliff basically chalks up Jackson “accidently” finding his chip after he told him where it was so he wouldn’t as Jackson being a moron. Which, you know. Nicole more or less agrees but is freaking out about it and where it would leave her since Jess kinda hates her now. Cliff says if it comes to do that she’ll be a “free agent” between the couples and can maneuver herself that way.

Jackson is playing games telling Tommy that he’s cool with him using POV and telling Cliff that he’s pushing Tommy not to use it and he might not. Hopefully that blows up on him.

Tommy keeps really annoyingly dismissing him winning this POV and saying the comp sucks and is luck and apologizing for winning it. I hate Tommy.

Holly whines to Tommy about Jackson being a passive aggressive douche. Cliff joins and they discuss perceptions and people judging and blah blah. Cliff says they have so little information so you can’t go crazy. “Fight your battles when they get here.” Holly says she doesn’t care about strangers bashing her but again says she’s worried she’s upset her family. Tommy says he’s “petrified” with his family too “especially with all the Nick stuff.” Cliff isn’t worried about his family but is worried a bit about his work since “the oil industry is so conservative” and he’s done “quirky” stuff like put on a bra.

Tommy: I told you I had this freaky dream about getting out of this house and I was hated. So weird.
Holly: Well we know that’s not going to happen.

Holly goes back to whining about how she’s “only” competed in 11 comps and “the most notable thing about me is my association with another person.” Cliff says she’s won 2 of the 11 so she might have the best win percentage in the house. Holly brings up Jackson and they do the math and conclude that he has her beat, but Cliff says he’s a comp beast and Holly has everyone else beat. Impervious to his dad pep talk Holly dismisses it and says others won more. They she says part of her “storyline” was “prewritten” (this is her claiming that the “timeline” of Kat/Jackson/Hollly is out of order to make her look bad). Tommy says Jackson will probably lose before she does and then she has a chance of winning so it might all work out. The awkwardness of that is palpable.

Holly: I just want Holly to be shown at some point. Nothing of my personality has been shown.

Holly says she only talks about other people in the DR. Tommy says none of them really talk about themselves, its how they talk about others that the viewers get to know them. Which is some rare sage advice from Tommy. Holly doesn’t buy it. She says she’s PMSing and the hormones make it worse.

Cliff: What can us non hormonal men do to help?
Holly: Do you have tequila?

Holly: It sucks. My house is right there. I have whiskey and tequila. I could walk.

https://twitter.com/BBADOrwell/status/1168025749275590657

Reminder, this is the thing that Holly thought would successfully rehab her tv edit and is mad production isn’t running with.
https://twitter.com/powerofcheeto1/...pagenumber%3D14

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tommy’s having second thoughts about using the POV on Christie, telling Jackson he doesn’t want it to be the second time he uses it on her. That seems like really pointless worrying at F7. Jackson says it doesn’t really matter either way because they have the votes to get out Jess and Tommy says he’ll talk to Christie about it. I’m sure she’ll want to stay on the block.

Tommy: I don’t know why I’m making it a big deal.

Christie tells Holly she talked to Jackson and told him to just give her a hug and show some compassion because they’re all hormonal. Apparently Holly called Jackson a “loving rear end in a top hat” and Jackson is “hung up on that.” Christie and Holly agree all guys are like that and Holly lists the many, many things Jackson did to lead up to her calling him a loving rear end in a top hat. I guess that must have happened during the lockdown leading up to that awkward move out. Holly tells Christie that Jackson told her to get her stuff out of his room.

Christie: No. You’re lying. What a fucker!

Holly complains that their relationship “can’t have growing pains” because of the cameras and there’s thinks she wants to express that she can’t (like how he’s disrespectful to women?). Jackson screams something obnoxious across the yard and Christie and Holly note that he’s being an annoying faker acting happy. Holly, “Or maybe he’s not, and genuinely doesn’t care which is even worse.”
https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/status/1168043044106637312

HGs reminisce about the season including Field Trip. Everyone was so shocked to see Analyse up. Jackson, “I wasn’t.”

I don’t know why I’m watching. I, mean, of course i do. I’m hoping to see a breakup. I’m not a great person.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

You are not the only person questioning it. I looked at wiki since they have the ratings on the episode lists, and this season is way down from 20. Not sure if it is in risking cancellation territory yet, hopefully it just makes them change things up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't pay a ton of attention, but yeah, ratings have seemed to be way down this year and there was a jump for Jess' HOH week and Jack's eviction. Its like quantifiably clear that the viewers hate this season and Gr8ful and only got excited in that brief moment that felt like justice.

That being said Big Brother's value is that its cheap summer tv that fills 3 hours a week and draws subscribers to All Access. Its probably not going anywhere. But after BB15 they casted older, more mature casts for a couple of seasons and I'd expect the same thing or veterans next season.

Holly and Jackson have been having a huge, ugly fight. I have a big writeup coming. Its really gross and I feel dirty that I was watching for this.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jackson goes up to his HOH to pour himself a glass of wine (he and Holly had planned to drink it together on a date). Holly follows him up and asks to talk and Jackson is a total dick. He tells her he won’t be talked to “like that” and called a “loving rear end in a top hat” on TV and in front of his family. Holly is in tears and Jackson is yelling. This is familiar. Jackson says for the last 70 days he’s done everything for her and to make her happy and blah blah and she’s always questioned and worried and said she’s unhappy. Jackson’s lecturing her on what really happened today and Holly tries to interject and Jackson yells over her and says “You wanna talk? Let me talk!”

Jackson: I’m not going to embarrassed on national tv when everything I’ve done is for you.

Jackson won’t let himself “get walked all over.” Holly says her neither. She says she was open and vulnerable to him last night. Jackson, “I’m giving you space to find happiness within yourself!” Holly says it seemed like she was done talking to him. Jackson, “I am now!” Jackson says everyone of his exes have talked to him like this and he’s “not going to do it on CBS.” Jackson pops open his bottle of wine and walks away as Holly follows him in tears begging him to stay and talk. “I’m coming back, I’m coming back.”

Holly is left sobbing in the hallway as Jackson complains to Christie in the kitchen just below. Jackson goes up and hugs her as she sobs uncontrollably between apologies. Holly says she felt stupid when she opened up and he dismissed her. Jackson says he’s never dismissed her and the last 74 days have all been about her. Holly says she’s stupid and its “ptsd” from past relationships. Jackson yells more at her about how he tells her how beautiful and wonderful she is and how she constantly makes him feel like she’s embarrassed by him. Holly apologizes. Jackson asks her if she knows how lovely it is. She just apologized. Jackson rants more about what an awesome and respectful boyfriend he is and how he even said something to her family. “And you want to talk about feeling stupid? This morning I’ve never felt any more stupid.” Jackson says there’s “a lot more feelings in my heart than I express” and he’s been talked down to. Jackson is just berating Holly while she cries as he talks about what a great person he is and how she doesn’t appreciate it.

My mom's gonna hear that, my dad, my friends, my family members, my cousins.

Do you realize how embarrassing and stupid that makes me feel and look.

I would never talk to you that way ever, nor would I ever say those things.

I'm sorry you're unhappy in here and I'm sorry I'm not doing enough to make you feel happy.

You continue to put me down.

If I talked to you like that what would your family think?

Holly says she’s been beating herself up about it all day. Holly says she’s overwhelmed and is sorry for taking that out on Jackson and making him feel like its about her. Oh, this is the part where the victim apologizes to her abuser after he’s broken her down. That’s fun. Holly says she just thought a showmance would be fun. Jackson apologizes for bringing stress and unhappiness on her and that she’d be happier if she was with someone older and not on a tv show. Jackson berates her some more and Holly apologizes some more. Jackson basically says they’re stuck together at F6 and when the show is over they can go their separate ways. Holly says its not about her, its her insecurities and she came to him for comfort but maybe she wouldn’t because they’re connected to him. Jackson says she makes him feel like its his fault and she says that’s not her intentions. She’s stopped crying now and says she’s never blamed him for anything and she’s responsible for her own decisions. Round and round.

Jackson: I’m giving you space!
Holly: I didn’t need space! I needed a hug!

Jackson: This morning is exactly like all my exes talked to me.
Holly: I’m not your exes.
Jackson: Clearly you are!

At what point does someone point out to Jackson what the common denominator is?

Jackson’s angry and screaming again.

Holly: I am not your exes! Just like you are not mine!
Jackson: I know I’m not! Because I treat you better than he did, but you treat me the exact same way they did.
Holly: Really?
Jackson: You want to go back and watch the tape?
Holly: Because of two words that I said? In one instant?
Jackson: Whatever, I’m done. I’ll talk to you in the morning.

Jackson tells her he’s praying for her. He yells at her more and she’s sobbing again so he.. consoles her? His arms are wrapped around her. Holly says she’s cared of Jackson hurting her. Jackson says he’s done everything he can to show he won’t so it’s on her. Yeah… sure. Holly says in normal life they’d learn to communicate better but they’re in a pressure cooker here. Holly collecting herself and saying she should “just push everything away.”

Jackson: Its just hard for me because if you can speak to me like that on national tv in front of millions of viewers when the only stresses we have are this game, what’s going to happen when we get out of here and there’s real life stresses?
Holly: I know. I know.

Jackson saying he doesn’t deserve this in life. Holly agrees and apologizes some more. She’s apologized like 100 times. I think Jackson apologized once for not hugging her.

Holly: My stupid loving hormones running rampant.

NO! THIS ISN’T YOUR HORMONES! HE’S A PIECE OF poo poo GASLIGHTING YOU!

Holly is telling Jackson how she is his biggest supporter and how much respect she has for him as a human and how she wants to make him happy and he makes her “really, really loving happy.” She’s begging now and saying how she wants to cook for him and make him treats. I’m grossed out. This is worse than Paulie/Zakiyah. And he nominated her.

Downstairs Christie is telling Cliff, Jess, and Nicole what’s happening. They’re all sympathetic to Holly and think Jackson’s a douche but excuse him for being young and can grow up. They talk about how Jackson’s whole act is masking insecurities. Christie, “Given her history maybe that’s not the kind of guy she should be with.”

Christie: They’re both each other’s type. The way he talks about her exes and the way she talks about hers.
https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/stat...062777165922305

Holly is trying to collect herself as Jackson tells her that every relationship he’s ever had has ended with him being cheated or or abused physically or verbally. He says he ended his last one days before sequester and it was the worst. That was 2 relationships ago. They’re wrapped up together in bed now. So you know… everything’s good! Jackson’s still lecturing her about how he disrespected her in front of the United States of America “and elsewhere on the internet.”

Holly: Not to downplay it but I just called you an rear end in a top hat.
Jackson: I’m getting tired. I’m going to bed.

Oh, he’s pissed again. He kicks her out and its finally over.

RUN AWAY, HOLLY! RUN WHILE YOU CAN!

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight
He is ridiculously condescending. I had to change the feeds a couple times because I was so uncomfortable watching it. Then felt sad watching Holly slowly pace around the house and fidget with things while Jackson goes outside and starts whooping it up with sex talk with everyone right after the fight.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

https://twitter.com/BabyD2034/status/1168069968291946496

Jackson goes to the kitchen for some watermelon. Holly asks if he’s going to DR and Jackson is a pompous douchebag again. “You realize they’ve heard everything, right?” He says this is “already a thing.” He invites Holly to sleep upstairs if she doesn’t want to make it “more of a thing.” “I’m thinking of your image.” Holly says she made a bed downstairs.
https://twitter.com/Tooms_BB/status...070223003414528

Jackson is outside with his true love watermelon and the rest of the house laughing about fights in the house. Tommy and Nicole reenact the time Bella bullied Nicole. Tommy, “I think I wasn’t a very good mediator.”

Holly is in the kitchen alone telling the cameras that they don’t “see” the feeling of claustrophobia and boredom they have in the house. Blah blah blah. She’s making excuses for what we just saw which is both gross and sad, but ultimately pathetic.

The rest of them are discussing how gross and outrageous Nick is.

Jackson says in 7th grade he went to “the original Transformers movie” 6 times to get with girls because it was the longest film in the theater. I’m old.

Holly is babbling about her cooking. Holly misses working and having "reason and purpose." She's a waitress at a "wine safari." This is weird and sad.

Jackson’s pissed he got a Migos album and is critiquing their lyrics. He couldn’t think of anything else and asked BB for a hip hop suggestion. He fronts about how he should have gotten some Flocka but then admits he wanted John Mayer or Imagine Dragons.

Jackson comes in and interrupts Holly’s rambling.

Holly: Sup?
Jackson: Just enjoying life in the BB House.
Holly: Same.

The rest inform Tommy that the royal couple are fighting. Christie fills him in on the pre-fight stuff. Tommy, “Aw poo poo!” They all decide to go show mercy and interrupt the awkwardness of the two of them in the kitchen and check on Holly. Tommy and Nicole stay behind so its not obvious.

Cliff busts up the awkwardness and Jackson tells him Tommy’s probably not using the POV. After he leaves the royal couple talk game and think everything’s worked out real well for them this week and no one will target them next week. Things are very awkward. Holly thinks she may have food in her teeth during their fight.

Tommy tells Nicole he thinks he’s using the POV but he doesn’t think Nicole is going up. They awkwardly try to talk game and Nicole gets emotionally saying sh doesn’t think she’s strong enough emotionally for the game. Tommy says he thinks she’s the strongest person here and he admires her. Nicole and Tommy keeping saying “I don’t know if we’re on the same page” but not saying anything. They’re dancing around the subject of targeting Jackson next week. Nicole says she was nervous about the weirdness of Christie going up twice from the same person and staying both times. Without outright saying it they verbalize that Jackson/Holly have made deals with both of them and are protected from both sides. Nicole, “Wow.” Nicole says they need to be smart and realize “they” can “sweep the game.” Nicole says they’ve been “picking off extras” and working it down to duos and now want them to take each other down. They speaking more openly about it now and saying how dangerous Jackson is. Tommy says if Jackson was so hung ho about working with him why he wasn’t targeting the other duo and Nicole says she asked the same question. “Wow.” Tommy is openly voicing a F4 of him/Nicole/Christie/Cliff. Tommy does his “I’ve always felt good about you and wanted to play the game with you and that’s why we haven’t talked game for 75 days” nonsense. Nicole rambles about Jess still being hung up on her relationship with Nick the way Jess gets hung up on stupid stuff. Its good game bonding talk but its boring old news for us. They’re bonding over what a frustrating mess of a player Jess is to work with.

Oh God, Holly’s sleeping upstairs. My dignity hurts for her.

At least this night had some game purpose. Sounds like sense has prevailed and the happy couple will be the DE target. At least for now.

Oh, Jesus, they're cuddling. I need a shower.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

While cuddling Jackson starts it up again and says he doesn't understand how she can talk to him like that in front of a national tv audience and why he's her punching bag. Holly doesn't think she does that and Jackson tells her to forget it. Holly asks how she's used him "as a punching bag ever?" and he doesn't answer. Eventually he says he came her to grow himself and he's done that and "its ignorant" for him to allow anyone to jeopardize that or his game. "Doing poo poo like that in front of half the house" jeopardizes their game. “Its not what I deserve.” Jackson’s rambling and says Holly called him a “loving rear end in a top hat” 3 or 4 times now. Holly disputes that (its definitely new info) and Jackson gets pissy. Holly says she was saying he was being an rear end in a top hat, not that he is an rear end in a top hat. “I don’t know how many times I have to apologize.” Jackson is just being a berating rear end in a top hat again. He’s mocking her for playing with her hair and looking bored. He says she looks like “a mean stuck up girl” and he’s doing it for her image. Holly says she doesn’t care what strangers thing, she cares about what her family does. Holly says he’s making everything about this one day.

Jackson: I just don’t want to talk about this anymore.
Holly: I didn’t want to either. One day does not trump 73.
Jackson: Good night, Holly.

Holly is massaging her head like she’s got a migraine now. Which I’d hope is the bare minimum because she’s still cuddling with the prick. Holly asks how his wine was. He says good. Holly says she really wanted to share it with him. They then awkward break and move to separate ends of the bed. That’s a mercy.

Jess is telling Christie that even if she goes someone has to take the shot at Jackson next week. She’s glad Christie is being saved because she can make that happen.

After awhile away we jump back to HOH where Jackson is screaming at Holly again. WHY IS SHE STILL THERE?!?! Holly says he’s making her out to be a bad person and Jackson says “gently caress it” and they’ll talk tomorrow for like the 10th time tonight. Jackson starts ranting again and Holly sighs. Jackson asks why she did and Holly says he’s raising his voice. Holly seems like she might actually be reaching a breaking point. Jackson is talking about how her calling him a “loving rear end in a top hat” has made him wonder what kind of person she is that she’d do that to him. Holly is sick of this nonsense but not sick enough to get out of bed. “If I called you a loving bitch!”

They’re back in bed together yelling at each other. Holly is saying he’s not denigrating her character and he’s screaming at her. This is beyond uncomfortable.

Holly is deflecting this to be all about how she hates the show and production and that they’re not showing her real personality or letting her talk about the things she cares about. Jackson lecturing her again on how he does everything for her and wants her to be happy and she needs to go be happy and how he adores her and blah blah. “You are unbelievably special, but you don’t see it.” See, this is the part where the abuser has beat down the abused to nothing and builds her back up to depend on her Holly is sobbing again and Jackson once again “comforts her”.

https://twitter.com/IsItUpOrDown/st...092560390311936

Holly’s trying to speak but can’t even get words out.

Jackson: I’m praying for you, each and every day. I just want your heart to be happy.
Holly: You do make me really happy.

Really? This is happy?

Remember what an emotional mess Kat was when the feeds turned on and how unrecognizable she was from the person she was the rest of the season? Holly really reminds me of her right now. Maybe the block didn’t do that to Kat. Maybe it was this prick.

Jackson’s giving a pep talk and platitudes now. Holly’s says she tries to live her life for other people. She says she puts too much pressure on herself to be perfect. Jackson says no one is perfect. Holly says she tries to do it for others. This is all just self aggrandizing bullshit from both parties now.

Holly: Thank you.

There are no words.

Nicole ends the night leading the cameras on a journey with her as she does chores and sings songs about the importance of recycling and personal hygiene like a Mr. Rogers show. Its a surreal and disorientating juxtaposition from what preceded it upstairs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Last night I just kept flashing back to this.
https://twitter.com/DukeTheBBDuck/s...6pagenumber%3D9

Here’s Tommy and Nicole putting together Jackson’s game plan last night during all the Jackson/Holly horror. They were obviously both suspicious that he was playing both sides but Nicole put voice to it and Tommy confirmed it.
https://twitter.com/DukeTheBBDuck/status/1168283959060566016

Today Jackson reiterates to Holly that they’re stuck together for the game. Holly asked if he wanted it to be just game and she wanted to go back to being a happy couple but Jackson said he didn’t know and reiterated that he didn’t want personal stuff to mess up their games. She kept apologizing and making excuses and saying she had a “literal chemical imbalance” and wanted to rewind back 48 hours and Jackson gave her nothing.
https://twitter.com/BB_Pissed/status/1168254082672472065

Jess is a feminist.
https://twitter.com/bbclipshow/status/1168268587384987648

Nicole told Cliff about her talk with Tommy last night but kept it pretty vague and made it sound like Tommy came to her and said Jackson/Holly were working with both couples and no mention of Nicole agreeing to target them. This was probably a good call because Cliff immediately ratted it out to Jackson and Holly. I now hate Cliff the Rat. That was just unnecessary. He’s obviously doing what he’s always done and selling out anyone and everyone to survive, kissing the HOH’s rear end, and also keeping Jackson/Holly vs Tommy. But that was totally unnecessary.

Tommy told Christie about the Nicole conversation and they were happy about it and that both couples are ostensibly targeting Jackson/Holly next and aware he’s playing them. Well… except maybe Cliff. Christie was hoping the Jackson/Holly fight would help them out but are disappointed they stuck together. In their defense (and I can’t believe I’m saying that) they have no idea how ugly poo poo got last night.

Its starting to seem like this whole “Tommy and Christie are just acquaintances who have been estranged for years” thing might be kind of fishy.
https://twitter.com/BB21LiveFeeds/s...248855000952839

In better news of women not standing by their lovely BB21 showmances Bella officially publicly dumps Nick. But in a nice way.
https://twitter.com/BB21LiveFeeds/status/1168234664869408768

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Tommy used POV. Christiie came down. Cliff went up. Cliff’s at peace that he has the votes or he doesn’t. Jess is understandably confused as to why in the world she’d be the target.

LUCHASAURUS UPDATE!
https://twitter.com/luchasaurus/status/1168564866128302086
https://twitter.com/JensenKarp/status/1167957266449891329

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Cliff rated out to Jackson/Holly that Christie is targeting them next week/during the double so now they no longer think they're masterminding everything. Of course they think its unfair that everyone isn't protecting them and that Christie doesn't think she owes them more, but what else did you expect? They take solace in the fact that Cliff is their loyal rat.

Nicole's not happy about Cliff's ratting to Jackson/Holly but as usual is begrudgingly going with the flow and tentatively planning to nom Christie/Tommy in the DE (they don't know its a DE and have been speculating they might not get one).

So I guess I'm rooting for a Christie/Tommy HOH during the DE to teach Jackson/Holly a lesson and avoid Nicole/Cliff from screwing everything up one last time.

Tommy made some passing move to try and flip the target from Jess to Cliff but it didn't go anywhere. Its pointless since Nicole isn't flipping on Cliff and Holly isn't flipping without Jackson, and Cliff's basically kissing Jackson's feet.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I'm guessing nothing is really happening since Jess is a lock to go for days now? Do they suspect a DE?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
They've been talking about a DE for weeks now. They think every week is going to be it, so it probably won't be a surprise, but they don't know for sure.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

Josh hasn’t been around any of his seasons long enough to do anything but he got some good airtime in the premiere.

Ana is basically a brunette version of this blonde girl named Jenna that’s been on a lot of them.

Aww gently caress you, Jenna is great. She's got a brain to her, unlike Ana. Ana is closer to someone like Julia Nolan - useless, personality less, and hot. I'm not up on every single female player in the Challenge but most of them have more personality and brains than Analyse. I might compare her lack of personality to that of Diem Brown today(I'm sorry)

Jack is basically Zach but not as built so theres that. I don't think he would be good for the Challenge though. I also think Jackson would do really well.

Paulie surprised me last season by being actually GOOD at the challenge. His first season he was a dud even though he lasted a long time he spent so much of it in Redemption house. I think he and Natalie battled back twice that season.

Josh has been terribad on Challenge. SO SO BAD. He's just as annoying as he ever was on BB and even worse at Challenges.

Josea was also incredibly horrible.

The Nolan Twins were garbage. One of them only had about 10 minutes of screentime in their season because she went out on the first challenge and I remember even less about the season of the second one.

Natalie though she fit right in to the drama with the Challenge. She's not back this season though so she might be done after one of her cast mates outed her on twitter in revenge for a dumb bullying thing that happened in her first season. She's also only somewhat good in challenges IMO. Da'Vonne has been decent to watch but she's not very good at the actual challenges.

My favorite thing about the Challenge is that the biggest money winner to date is Ashley Mason who is a worse and less likely 2 time winner than Sandra from Survivor. She got lucky to win 2 seasons on the backs of better players and 1 of those seasons happened to pay out the biggest prize ever on the Challenge so between her prior win and the last one she eclipsed the prior biggest cash winner Johnny Bananas by over 500k. I like to use that fact to taunt my mom because she HATES Ashley so much. I do the same with Rachel in regards to BB.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

Victorkm posted:

My favorite thing about the Challenge is that the biggest money winner to date is Ashley Mason who is a worse and less likely 2 time winner than Sandra from Survivor. She got lucky to win 2 seasons on the backs of better players and 1 of those seasons happened to pay out the biggest prize ever on the Challenge so between her prior win and the last one she eclipsed the prior biggest cash winner Johnny Bananas by over 500k. I like to use that fact to taunt my mom because she HATES Ashley so much. I do the same with Rachel in regards to BB.
Worth it because she took the money from Hunter. Hunter is an utter prick.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I turned on the Challenge last night but I'm just too unfamiliar with the cast to be engaged. There were so many people and they were all commenting fast and frequently and I didn't know up from down. Maybe the first episode of the season would have made it easier but I think I'm just too detached from the pool of players.

It did briefly lure me in with an unexpected use of Ben E. King. Stupid MTV and their music licenses making things seem better.

Faustian Bargain posted:

I'm guessing nothing is really happening since Jess is a lock to go for days now? Do they suspect a DE?

Jess has been trying but she's not terribly good at it and there's not much room to work this late in the game. The only real option is flipping Nicole to vote out Cliff because she thinks she has a better shot with Jess, Christie, and Tommy. Jess, Christie, and Tommy have been pushing that and it kinda makes sense but Nicole's just not the kind of player who can bring herself to cut a friend's throat for the game.

As of now it sounds like Christie/Tommy would target Jackson/Holly in the DE and everyone else will target Christie/Tommy. So I find myself in the unpleasant position of rooting for Christie to win tonight.

SalTheBard posted:

They've been talking about a DE for weeks now. They think every week is going to be it, so it probably won't be a surprise, but they don't know for sure.
If Christie's still there tonight she'll claim she dreamed it or something.

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

STAC Goat posted:

I turned on the Challenge last night but I'm just too unfamiliar with the cast to be engaged. There were so many people and they were all commenting fast and frequently and I didn't know up from down. Maybe the first episode of the season would have made it easier but I think I'm just too detached from the pool of players.

Yeah it's a lot. I doubt the first episode will be much better. If you want a good season for getting to know players, check out invasion of the champions. It starts out with half the cast absent and a bunch of players who never made a final for the first few episodes before the champs show up 2 or 4 shows in.

There's a lot less busyness on screen at the start of that season plus you get to see Shane absolutely school another 2 dudes in Newton's Laws before he got totally insufferable. It's probably available on the MTV app or site.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

You'd probably need a primer on the challenge to get started on it now. There's way too much history for the show to even explain every season. Plus it's a rotating subset of a greater cast so you might have to understand the history/alliances of previous seasons to understand why certain people hate other people.

Of course if you don't care about that you can just watch for the challenges themselves or just to see who is going to get hurt in the dumbest possible way.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, there was just clearly a ton of history and familiarity with everyone and I was just supposed to know who was a snake and who was loyal and who was tough and scary, etc. And I recognized like 3 people out of 30 so I was drowning.

Ah well. It was just a passing interest since you guys were talking about it and BB is so bad. Its almost time for horror movies, NFL, and playoff baseball anyway.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Sep 5, 2019

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Victorkm posted:

Aww gently caress you, Jenna is great. She's got a brain to her, unlike Ana. Ana is closer to someone like Julia Nolan - useless, personality less, and hot. I'm not up on every single female player in the Challenge but most of them have more personality and brains than Analyse. I might compare her lack of personality to that of Diem Brown today(I'm sorry)

Jack is basically Zach but not as built so theres that. I don't think he would be good for the Challenge though. I also think Jackson would do really well.

Paulie surprised me last season by being actually GOOD at the challenge. His first season he was a dud even though he lasted a long time he spent so much of it in Redemption house. I think he and Natalie battled back twice that season.

Josh has been terribad on Challenge. SO SO BAD. He's just as annoying as he ever was on BB and even worse at Challenges.

Josea was also incredibly horrible.

The Nolan Twins were garbage. One of them only had about 10 minutes of screentime in their season because she went out on the first challenge and I remember even less about the season of the second one.

Natalie though she fit right in to the drama with the Challenge. She's not back this season though so she might be done after one of her cast mates outed her on twitter in revenge for a dumb bullying thing that happened in her first season. She's also only somewhat good in challenges IMO. Da'Vonne has been decent to watch but she's not very good at the actual challenges.

Jenna is a much nicer person than Analyse but she’s a loving moron. She’s absurdly bad at the trivia stuff and puzzles but she’s surprisingly athletic. Also, she stays with Zach even though she caught him cheating on national television.

Josh is exceptionally bad though. He’s terrible at everything. His social game is complete dogshit.

I kinda like Ashley though. She’s a hot mess in an entertaining way and she’s way tougher than she seems. She did totally gently caress over Hunter though.

I want to see someone like Wes play Big Brother.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Last moments before the DE, Jess is going home but doesn't know that for sure. Nicole's been a nervous wreck as usual about it but Cliff and Jackson/Holly are once again encouraging her not to reveal it until just before the show to avoid any messy confrontations about their lies and double dealing.

Despite her continue game impotence Nicole continues to represent us in spirit.
https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/status/1169723380410589184
https://twitter.com/BB_Updates/status/1169723410685075456

DE target wise, it still looks like Holly and Cliff go Christie/Tommy, Christie and Tommy go Jackson/Holly, and Nicole is torn but probably does what Cliff pushes her to. I don't think Cliff actually wants to win as he'd prefer the other couples target each other, but in DE I doubt he has the nerve to throw it and risk that.

The one thing I'm still enjoying in this season is how ANGRY and self righteous Jackson and Holly are that Christie isn't keeping her word and just volunteering to be voted out 6th. Like, they really and truly believe that if she doesn't follow through on that it will be the dirtiest thing in BB history.
https://twitter.com/BB_Pissed/status/1169729014145146880

Victorkm
Nov 25, 2001

Wes on Big Brother would probably end up similar to when they brought that Hantz on. Plus there's no security to get in between him and whoever's he's in an argument in do he'd be ejected for fighting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wes was one of the only people I actually recognized because he was on the last season of Real World I paid any attention to (largely because I had a friend on the production staff).

But that was SO long ago. My buddy got that gig straight out of our college graduation. It was sad and sobering when I realized who he was and that he'd been doing MTV reality all this time.

And like... didn't he get arrested for punching a drunk lady on that season or something?