Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

SelenicMartian posted:

Does that include the original releases which ran pretty OK, before the re-releases upped the texture resolution and choked the engine?

It's been so long I honestly don't remember. I'd tentatively say yes. It's using the same engine as the re-releases, but runs a lot smoother outside of driving.

I forgot to mention that it's missing the Director's Cut content, even though the port is based on that version. So you get the improved controls, but it's stuck on easy mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Sooo, where the heck are the SNES games?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Fukking NUNTENDO at it again

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

The censorship :qq:

FIRST YOU COVER UP SIREN'S MUFF AND NOW THIS

Give me my god drat vagina bones you cowards.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

big cummers ONLY posted:

Yup, I've been up and down every menu on that drat thing and it just doesn't seem to have it. It's an older tv, but it checks out. I was just about to clear it

Nice ROTJ ref

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Hungry Computer posted:

I forgot to mention that it's missing the Director's Cut content
Is that the storytelling cutscenes, which seemed to try to tie York to D4?

Difficulty selection was there only in the Xbox360 release and Red Seeds Profile on the PS3. After that they ditched it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
:siren: :siren: IMPORTANT loving UPDATE :siren: :siren:

https://twitter.com/theprinceofiris/status/1169550827297619968?s=21

We may be getting the vagina bones after all.

Nintendo, I forgive you, and I love you.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

boooooo. they should edit out even more bones

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

SelenicMartian posted:

Is that the storytelling cutscenes, which seemed to try to tie York to D4?

Difficulty selection was there only in the Xbox360 release and Red Seeds Profile on the PS3. After that they ditched it.

Yeah. They didn't really add much to the game and people can just youtube them if they're interested. I kinda wish they had at least kept the alternate costumes.

The difficulty thing isn't a big deal either, honestly. The higher difficulties basically just made the enemies into bullet sponges, iirc. Pretty much everyone is just playing the game for the story anyway.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

BisterdDave posted:

Sooo, where the heck are the SNES games?

delayed until November, this month we're getting Bible Adventures for NES instead

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Mega64 posted:

This can help wash out the taint that is censoring Rinoa's cleavage in the FF8 remaster.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ring, ring, ring, ring, vagina bone

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That just says the Japanese version has a screenshot from the Japanese version

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wonder if anyone has translated the infamous vagina bones post into Japanese and gotten their reaction.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

whaley posted:

how do the sness people pronounce http

how do the ess enn eee ess people pronounce nasa and scuba

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
National ASA and Self CUBA

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

gey muckle mowser posted:

delayed until November, this month we're getting Bible Adventures for NES instead

Looks like they'll be available at 7PM EST. I'll take Bible Adventures as well too!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The more I play Daemon Machina the more I like it actually

Is there a reason to eject from your mech?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

RBA Starblade posted:

Do you want to get horribly owned

Because that’s all I got from it

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

gey muckle mowser posted:

If my mom didn’t want me throwing baby Moses into the river she shouldn’t have bought it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

RBA Starblade posted:

In the beta, you could hijack another mech if yours took too much of a beating. Not sure if that's enabled in the early story bits of the new demo though.

Mulderman posted:

River City Girls is really fun so far.

It really is the best version of the gameplay we've had in a long while. Plus I love the idea that the girls are just as much of badasses as their boyfriends (even if it's half accidental in Kyoko's case)

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Sep 5, 2019

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mokinokaro posted:

In the beta, you could hijack another mech if yours took too much of a beating. Not sure if that's enabled in the early story bits of the new demo though.

Lol I remember that from Mechassault 2 and it was a huge pain there :v:

The swords feel a bit poo poo but the auto-lock and firing stuff is pretty nice. The more I play this demo the more I'm considering buying day 1.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I was tempted by River City Girls but the demo I played at PAX last weekend hardlocked in one of the first rooms, it really left a bad taste even though I moved to another station and finished it there.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I played about an hour of the DxM demo and really enjoyed it, the controls felt way less clunky than the original demo. Though after that hour my copy of Astral Chain showed up and I tossed the mechs aside in favour of hot cops.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

Box of Bunnies posted:

how do the ess enn eee ess people pronounce nasa and scuba

CD-ROM

I've always said "Super Nintendo" because that's what the box says in big letters.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mega64 posted:

THE VAGINA BONES ARE BACK I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

njsykora posted:

I played about an hour of the DxM demo and really enjoyed it, the controls felt way less clunky than the original demo. Though after that hour my copy of Astral Chain showed up and I tossed the mechs aside in favour of hot cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2iiw4Z95pgE

Stitch
Aug 2, 2000

If it wasn't for bad judgement, I'd have none at all
Fun Shoe

Minidust posted:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the NES controllers are stylized joy-cons, whereas the SNES is a full-sized standard controller. So it'd be a pretty apples-and-oranges comparison.

No, the NES controllers are basically exact replicas of the original controllers for the NES with the joy-con rail added on top. The size is the same as the original, the buttons and d-pad feel exactly like the original, they’re pretty great.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

drat it I'll try the demo then

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Stitch posted:

No, the NES controllers are basically exact replicas of the original controllers for the NES with the joy-con rail added on top. The size is the same as the original, the buttons and d-pad feel exactly like the original, they’re pretty great.

Huh, guess I both underestimated the size of joycons and overestimated the size of a real NES controller. Neat!!

Stitch
Aug 2, 2000

If it wasn't for bad judgement, I'd have none at all
Fun Shoe

Minidust posted:

Huh, guess I both underestimated the size of joycons and overestimated the size of a real NES controller. Neat!!

They’re accurate even to the level of “man, now I remember why the SNES controllers were a revelation, the hard edges on the d-pad are murder on my thumb!”

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Are those S. Nintendo classics up yet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

1 1/2 hours to go.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
*Tips Cappy*

S'NES

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Please do, also find out who is obsessed with vagina boneswhile you are at it

the straights

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
Can’t wait for Earthbound to hit the switch so I can put off the other 40 games I have to play beat it for the 600th time

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Did any of those 20 SNES games use the multitap? The sports games maybe? I'm wondering if 4-player will be a thing.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Stelio Kontos posted:

Can’t wait for Earthbound to hit the switch so I can put off the other 40 games I have to play beat it for the 600th time

:emptyquote:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ragequit posted:

*Tips Cappy*

S'NES

This might be the worst thing I've ever seen.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Stelio Kontos posted:

At times like this, kids like you should be playing Nintendo games!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

:siren:

So while checking the eshop for the SNES app, I found loving Puzzle Quest - With Tons of Extra poo poo Edition, and it is coming out later this month.