Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Deified Data posted:

Is there a pod that just shits on every new ep of PSA that comes out? That would probably be okay for some laughs

Be the change etc. etc.

Honestly as someone who has listened to a couple dozen episodes, interviews, and live shows you're better off forgetting PSA exists and just listening to good stuff or volunteering for Bernie or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
Yeah they're mostly just boring generic liberals. A podcast that was like a behind the bastards or grubstakers for lovely liberal media figures could be kind of fun though. Like, each episode is just a deep dive into how someone was handed elite positions by their parent's friends and how that clearly effects the way they cover news. For example, Glenn Kessler the wapo fact checker who always finds a way to call Bernie a liar is the great grandson of the founder of shell oil

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

alex pareene pointed out the other day smartly i thought that it’s prob much much better that libs are now listening to The Pod than npr these days, so i guess that’s worth something

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

alex pareene pointed out the other day smartly i thought that it’s prob much much better that libs are now listening to The Pod than npr these days, so i guess that’s worth something

Younger ones are. Boomer libs are still, lamentably, listening to NPR.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Majorian posted:

Younger ones are. Boomer libs are still, lamentably, listening to NPR.

Kai had a milton friedman acolyte on today and was all "ohhh, interesting!"

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

The Relentless Picnic episode making GBS threads on Kai was :discourse:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

I mean it's only marginally better. The PSA guys are just as hungry for war with Iran or Medicare Extra for America as NPR is. You occasionally see some intellectual honesty from Dan Pffeifer but everyone else is so clearly trying not to offend any political or media figures so they can still have good standing in those circles. So you hear them say poo poo like "Jake Tapper is a smart and good journalist," "Hillary ran a progressive campaign in 2016," or "Kamala's 10-year slow-roll of Medicare for All is smart."

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Following up on the psyop Epstein podcast:

In the intro for the first episode the host said she not only wanted to cover the case against Epstein but "establish context" for what he did. This context, at least as far as I can tell, is basically that Epstein was doing a personal version of The Handmaid's Tale. The focus is more on the fact that these where underage women being abused and using it to make this about how "we place value in rich men and young, beautiful women" (basically the show's catchphrase). There wasn't any real attention paid to his connections beyond some bringing up a couple times that he had to have had some help to pull it off; quite hilariously she said she "wouldn't be surprised if an FBI agent was involved." They also briefly mentioned Ghislaine as his partner and specifically characterized her as a co-leader in a criminal empire, but left her as this mysterious figure no one really knows anything about. From the preview, they're also sticking to him being a math genius, so if you need anymore proof this is disinfo.

Edit: Should add that the next episode is going to have someone being interviewed about how he pwned on Wall Street, so that should be worth a listen.

MizPiz has issued a correction as of 19:12 on Sep 5, 2019

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
Bill Clinton facefucking the bloody corpse of an infant: you know how old men are with beautiful young women heh heh heh

ATP_Power
Jun 12, 2010

This is what fascinates me most in existence: the peculiar necessity of imagining what is, in fact, real.

Taibbi's new show seems to mostly be picking guests I'm completely uninterested in listening to - Eli Valley real good, but Tulsi and Jimmy Dore? Really?

Maybe it's cause I'm too deep into the MR extended universe, but seems like you could find a better guest to gripe about WaPo's lovely fact checking than Jimmy Dore.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

ATP_Power posted:

Taibbi's new show seems to mostly be picking guests I'm completely uninterested in listening to - Eli Valley real good, but Tulsi and Jimmy Dore? Really?

Maybe it's cause I'm too deep into the MR extended universe, but seems like you could find a better guest to gripe about WaPo's lovely fact checking than Jimmy Dore.

Yeah, Jimmy's a moron. I'm hoping Taibbi isn't 'buying into the brain-genius narrative that Tulsi is somehow an anti-imperialist.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

ive never been super impressed with katie halper either so yeah not sure if i’ll check out the podcast, as much as i like taibbi

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I've only listened to three Halper episodes; one was a Matt Christman interview and the others were mostly Twitter beef. Has it gotten any better?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Serf records a podcast :shobon:

it's mostly poo poo you'd probably read here already, but hell, I'll rep it https://soundcloud.com/user-754801299

oh yeah I should mention The Worst Wing as well, as I really do not give a poo poo about Dave Anthony's version of it https://soundcloud.com/theworstwing69

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jimmy Dore owns and getting mad about him guesting on a podcast is dumb lib poo poo.

MizPiz posted:

In the intro for the first episode the host said she not only wanted to cover the case against Epstein but "establish context" for what he did. This context, at least as far as I can tell, is basically that Epstein was doing a personal version of The Handmaid's Tale. The focus is more on the fact that these where underage women being abused and using it to make this about how "we place value in rich men and young, beautiful women" (basically the show's catchphrase). There wasn't any real attention paid to his connections beyond some bringing up a couple times that he had to have had some help to pull it off; quite hilariously she said she "wouldn't be surprised if an FBI agent was involved." They also briefly mentioned Ghislaine as his partner and specifically characterized her as a co-leader in a criminal empire, but left her as this mysterious figure no one really knows anything about. From the preview, they're also sticking to him being a math genius, so if you need anymore proof this is disinfo.

Edit: Should add that the next episode is going to have someone being interviewed about how he pwned on Wall Street, so that should be worth a listen.

Ghislaine Maxwell was a socialite that everyone knew was the daughter of Robert Maxwell. Half her job was making it so that everyone knew way too much about her.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Victory Position posted:

Serf records a podcast :shobon:

it's mostly poo poo

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Jimmy Dore owns and getting mad about him guesting on a podcast is dumb lib poo poo.

Ghislaine Maxwell was a socialite that everyone knew was the daughter of Robert Maxwell. Half her job was making it so that everyone knew way too much about her.

It was only a 22 minute episode so they didn't do any real dives, but it felt like she was being deliberately mystified.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

MizPiz posted:

It was only a 22 minute episode so they didn't do any real dives, but it felt like she was being deliberately mystified.

Yeah. Ghislaine Maxwell being a "mysterious figure" only makes sense to some uncultured swine like me who doesn't know anything about high society gossip.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

MizPiz posted:

them using the phrase "underage women" is a gigantic red flag for me. the network is raping children. they are not loving "teenage prostitutes", or "underage women".

also the decision to frame this as a scandal along similar lines to #metoo is ridiculous, this isn't some predatory boss assaulting his secretary, it's a global network of slave trafficking protected at the highest levels of power for fucks sake. throwing out zeitgeist buzzwords like gender and patriarchy without interrogating what they mean in that context is dereliction of duty.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Jeffrey's taste in girls couldn't even generously be considered "underaged women." He liked them to look as young as possible. He had 13 year olds sent to him as birthday gifts for Christ's sake.

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE
How can anyone hate Jimmy "Arm The Poor" Dore

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Ol Spicy Keychain posted:

How can anyone hate Jimmy "Arm The Poor" Dore

He's our boomer comrade and so far his episode of Useful Idiots is fantastic, I had no idea the Olive Garden boycott was based on a lie

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I've been living the Olive Garden boycott.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

but why deny the infinite plenty of soup, salad, and breadsticks?

Serf
May 5, 2011

et tu, freckle?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Victory Position posted:

but why deny the infinite plenty of soup, salad, and breadsticks?

why deny the limitless bounty of slop for baying hogs?

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

why deny the limitless bounty of slop for baying hogs?

now that you mention it, I haven't been to Golden Corral in a while

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'm trying to conjure up the image of an Olive Garden regular and it's trying to sell me a used car.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

I can give you the image of a Long John Silver's regular and well, look at their right hand

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I'm trying to conjure up the image of an Olive Garden regular and it's trying to sell me a used car.

lets go Mets baby love da mets

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Jeffrey's taste in girls couldn't even generously be considered "underaged women." He liked them to look as young as possible. He had 13 year olds sent to him as birthday gifts for Christ's sake.

12 year old triplets dude

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7_32eYwyiY

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Serf posted:

et tu, freckle?

:berninator:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Was Nabokov friends with Robert Maxwell or the Dulles brothers because at this point I'm just expecting that Lolita was based on guys he knew

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJoB5hiMm9I

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

a thousand years of white civilization have all been building up to this moment

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Why is it's motto "America's friendliest hometown" it's literally nobodies hometown

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

mastershakeman posted:

Was Nabokov friends with Robert Maxwell or the Dulles brothers because at this point I'm just expecting that Lolita was based on guys he knew

Did stuff come out about them being pedos or something? Because that would be the least surprising thing.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I'm not overly impressed with Useful Idiots, but they won me over by saying "gently caress Pod Save America."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
We actually followed through and did a second episode, which I believe is rare for a goon project. For UK politics needs, check out the UKMT's very own Podcasting Is Praxis.

https://praxiscast.podbean.com/e/episode-2-mr-bojos-wild-ride/