Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

That was deffo the worst meta lol

I mean yeah. But you could do this

https://youtu.be/M5qjNhps4KA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

And this

https://youtu.be/D7bsB_DbgZA

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Absolutely brilliant troll by Bungie.

"We're removing Countdown, and with it, some underperforming maps".

What maps, you say?

The first four to be removed from all playlists are:
Dead Cliffs
Legion’s Gulch
Retribution
Solitude

Lol

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I hate all those maps though so it seems okay with me.

Dead Cliffs is the "oh you spawned by A? well get farmed idiot" map
Legion's Gulch is the "oh you got trapped at B? well get farmed idiot" map
Retribution is the "run laps for 10 minutes steamrolling or else get steamrolled" map

Solitude is alright, but if it has to die for the others to die I won't be sad when it's gone.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I tried to come up with a better list of maps to get rid of but it's basically every map

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Ward of Dawn: Alternate super that creates a shield bubble
Increase ward health versus supers
Most supers will require the whole thing to be dumped on the ward to destroy it but will (usually) not kill the players inside.
Ward grants weapons of light buff when passing through it (35% weapon damage for 15 seconds)
Grants an additional super orb (3)
Auto-generated orbs now grant the same amount of super energy as regular super orbs (previously the orbs gave less super energy on par with masterwork orbs)

Ward of Dawn with Alpha Lupi could be pretty fun in Crucible

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Five titans spamming bubbles to feed a warlock or hunter is back on the table boys.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I went through 2 full years of destiny 2 as a titan without ever popping ward of dawn. Guess it's time to start.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What maps, you say?

Dead Cliffs
Legion’s Gulch
Retribution
Solitude

Lol

Dead Cliffs and Solitude are two of my favorite maps :(

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
An Alpha Lupi Ward of Dawn will give your boys 28.5% of their super and gives everyone Kill Clip for 15 seconds

And it has enough health to protect the occupants from a Blade Barrage

I am so pumped!!!!!!!!!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
What's the name of that map on Nessus with the forcefield bridge that has the power ammo up top and the B flag right underneath? That's one that I was hoping was on the way out, not Dead Cliffs or Solitude.

Edit: It's Firebase Echo, and that's now limited to certain playlists.

Paracelsus fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Sep 6, 2019

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
PvE shaping up to be great

PvP shaping up to be rid of all the rough edges, which is what’s needed to keep the II%ers quiet on YouTube and Reddit

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

quote:

Glory, Valor, and Infamy streaks have been made more resilient. Instead of resetting your streak, losses will now reduce your Valor and Infamy streaks by 1, and your Glory streak by 2. You can still lose Glory, but if your rank is at or below Fabled, you can’t lose Glory if doing so would drop you below that rank (each rank through Fabled acts as a floor for Glory).
Fabled grinds just got waaaay easier.

Also,

quote:

Destiny has always tracked player skill behind the scenes, taking into account things like kills, damage dealt, and so forth. These factors all contribute to a player’s skill rating. In Season 8, we’ve mapped skill ratings to Glory ranks, with the lowest end of the scale mapping to Guardian I, and the high end mapping to Legend. Most players are somewhere between these extremes.

As you play in the Survival playlist, the Glory system will accelerate you to the rank that corresponds to your skill rating. If your current rank is below where your skill rating says you should be, you’ll earn extra Glory based on the criteria above so you can get to your expected rank faster and lose less Glory so you don’t fall farther away. Once you reach your “expected” rank, Glory gains and losses will normalize.

Meanwhile, your skill rating is continually adjusting based on your performance, shifting the system’s understanding of your “expected” rank, and causing the Glory system to respond by pulling you toward that rank. The result should be that over time, your Glory rank will become an accurate reflection of your skill. It also means that teammates of different skill will experience different Glory adjustments from the same Survival match.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Paracelsus posted:

Fabled grinds just got waaaay easier.

Also,

Who knows if the "Heroic" glory floor is at 1,050 (Heroic 1, halfway to Fabled) or at 1,625 (Heroic 3, 77% of the way to Fabled)

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What maps, you say?

Dead Cliffs
Legion’s Gulch
Retribution
Solitude

Lol

How those get removed but junk like Equinox, Fortress, Vostok and Meltdown get to stay makes no sense. They shouldn't be removing 4 if they're only adding 3 either, at least replace with an equal number.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Imagine removing Dead Cliffs and leaving Firebase Echo and Vostok.

Yeah Alpha Lupi Ward of Dawn sounds pretty decent though.

I keem to hear how they are changing weapons up. I hope these dumb fucks dont buff hand canons or shotguns.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Getting rid of retribution has me salty.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Retribution is one of my top 3 maps for sure, and I like Dead Cliffs a lot too.

They did clarify though that these maps are not going away forever* but are going back to the shop to get spawns and flow fixed up. Their goal is to have a few maps go in and a few go out, each season.

*They said this about Faction Rally and Trials though soooo

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I wouldn’t be surprised if Elimination in the Crucible Labs becomes Trials in the following season.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mill Village posted:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Elimination in the Crucible Labs becomes Trials in the following season.
seeing as how luke smith dropped two really obvious hints that it would in his blog post, i agree

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I love retribution ugh

have the reckoning drop rates been fixed now? I want to go for spare rations again when the boss is oryx

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Yes, I was getting drops in tier 2 last night about 4 out of 5 runs.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

Yes, I was getting drops in tier 2 last night about 4 out of 5 runs.

Yeah I have a theory here. They put in bad luck protection where you are mandated after 1 run with no drop (Tier 3) or 3 runs with no drop (Tier 2)

BUT

I think they also have the same base chance of a drop (~75%), making the bad luck protection extremely unimportant.

So I think Tier 2 might still be the best way to get a Spare Rations.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

you only can get the HC from Oryx though right?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

So I think Tier 2 might still be the best way to get a Spare Rations.

It definitely is, because the loot pool is smaller in addition to the drop rate being silly. Fallout did a video on it today and I agree with everything he said.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They did clarify though that these maps are not going away forever* but are going back to the shop to get spawns and flow fixed up. Their goal is to have a few maps go in and a few go out, each season.

*They said this about Faction Rally and Trials though soooo

Emperor's Respite seems to be gone for good, so I don't have much faith they'll fix other maps either. It wasn't that great but it was nice having a map set on the Leviathan, at least.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
gently caress it might actually be time for a reckoning lmao

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

Emperor's Respite seems to be gone for good, so I don't have much faith they'll fix other maps either. It wasn't that great but it was nice having a map set on the Leviathan, at least.

It's in rotation in rumble.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

It definitely is, because the loot pool is smaller in addition to the drop rate being silly. Fallout did a video on it today and I agree with everything he said.

But he also said that "Tier 2 is easier" which is one of my triggers

[Mugatu Voice] THEY'RE EXACTLY THE SAME

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Really? My bad then, never play Rumble. The way they seem to want to handle content (adding and removing) going forward doesn't seem like a great idea, though. At this point in its lifecycle D1's PvP had a stupidly large amount of content.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

gently caress it might actually be time for a reckoning lmao

Just don't solo queue it, it still sucks, so so so badly!!!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I don't care enough to grind out a spare rations

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

These fuckers better buff sidearms. I love them

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
[Deej voice]the one about side arm reduction

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

*Trace rifles now do less damage than auto rifles but still require special ammo

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I like retribution too

dead cliffs all they gotta do is fix the A spawn backroom camp fest. The rest of the map is fine

also tractor cannon is equalized between all the elements now, so no more void supremacy

graviton lance gets a 30% pve buff? nice

I also wanna know how the changes effect the combination blow/liar's handshake/1-2 punch combo. They said that single weapon buffs aren't changed, and didn't list combination blow or cross counter as changing, but I can't imagine they let that combo stay in the game so I gotta assume it just uses whichever is highest of cross counter and combo blow.

also the new raid armour looks suitably bedazzled that I'm more or less fine with them even if they're reskins. Although the premium reward armour is strictly superior- at least that set's not the eververse set! the everse set is ok, I guess? I'm fine not paying money for it.

iron banner set looks real good, to me at least

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

SUNKOS posted:

How those get removed but junk like Equinox, Fortress, Vostok and Meltdown get to stay makes no sense. They shouldn't be removing 4 if they're only adding 3 either, at least replace with an equal number.

OK yeah, I definitely wish Equinox was gone. It's maybe the worst map aside from

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol they nerfed mw armor. Bungie has no idea what the gently caress this game is

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Retribution is a good map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

PathAsc posted:

Lol they nerfed mw armor. Bungie has no idea what the gently caress this game is

What does MW armor even do then? Nothing i assume?