Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Wonder when we'll actually get some localized games on SNES online

LTTP just isn't quite the same in English

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kirby Dream Land 3 is no Kirby Super Star but it makes up for it in being the most adorable, maybe most aesthetically pleasing SNES game

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I one time ended up in that room where the animals teach you to wall jump only I couldn't figure it out and got stuck and I quit the run there.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

The eshop had a weird glitch when I first went to download the SNES games, saying that it wasn't available to be downloaded for free trials of NSO (I'm on the 3 month trial from Twitch Prime at the moment), and directed me to payment options.

But then when I cancelled that, the message went away and I was able to download it. Super weird. I was piiiissed, at first!!

thexerox123 fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 6, 2019

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

asecondduck posted:

Ugh that CRT filter on the SNES Online is garbage, I don't want no fuzzy poo poo, I just want a grid around the pixels

Also of you're wondering why poo poo looks stretched turn on pixel perfect mode

Pixel perfect is the weird and wrong one

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I really wish there was a demo for river city girls. Streets of rage 2 has warped my expectations for what a good side scrolling brawler is, and has set the bar really high.

Is it good?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

i would also like to hear some river city girls impressions

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

TCL's lower end models are really good for the price and have very little input lag. Just get a sound bar or speakers, the built in ones are godawful. I think I paid like $240 for the 43 inch one I have in my bedroom.

Seconding this, but do a close inspection when you get it and be prepared to do an exchange. They have atrocious QA so bad panels aren't uncommon. I was traveling a lot after I got mine and didn't use it much until it was too late to do a return, and then noticed a tinted patch of screen right near the center. It's only visible on lighter solid colored backgrounds or when panning around... So, during lots of games.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I am completely trash at brawlers but I find River City Girls fun so far. It seems you start with a basic set of moves you'd expect from a brawler and can find dojos to unlock more.

The art and music are great and the controls feel smooth.

I'm not sure if it's too hard or too easy. I died to the first boss a couple times but the first sentence of this post.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

NienNunb posted:

Kirby Dream Land 3 is no Kirby Super Star but it makes up for it in being the most adorable, maybe most aesthetically pleasing SNES game

Powerful cuteness energy in this lineup with this and YI

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The 7th Guest posted:

also put Terranigma on there

cowards

and RoboTrek

Robotrek was really good even though you could absolutely get destroyed by difficulty spikes.

Put E.V.O on, cowards.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Cabbit posted:

Wow Stunt Race FX runs way slower than I remember.

eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-27-meet-the-man-who-smuggled-the-demoscene-into-super-mario-64 posted:

Just before all that - you also made Stunt Race FX [a SNES game that, like Star Fox, made use of the Super FX chip. It was known as Wild Trax in Japan]. I imported it back in the day. I paid 20 quid for an adapter and 80 quid for the game.

I think you were ripped off. I don't like it!

I liked it! What was the framerate exactly on it?

That's why I don't like it. It has such terrible framerate. When I was making it, it was like 30hz, which was better than Star Fox - that was like 14, 20, something like that - and I wanted a 30hz racing game. Coming from Mario Kart, which was 60hz, it had to be as close to that as possible. That was our nearest comparison. And the thing I got working at 30hz was great - it felt really good, everything was really smooth, but then we ended up putting so much poo poo in there it went from 30 to 20 to 14 to 12. The slower it got, the worse the dynamics got. And the final dynamics weren't as smooth as they used to be.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The opening to super metroid still gives me chills. Best game and soundtrack ever

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I refuse to die until I see Hat Kid in smash

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

The 7th Guest posted:

also put Terranigma on there

Holy gently caress someone else that knows terragnima! That poo poo was my jam back then.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Mainly the bottom one:

Feeling old yet? PaulyU is now in his second year of university.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nep-Nep posted:

You have to load up A Link to the Past and explore until you find an item called the Morph Ball, then go back to Metroid until you find the Zelda items you need.

There is a LTTP/Super Metroid romhack randomizer where is can actually happen.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Detective No. 27 posted:

That's what I was referring to with my joke

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

where can i get a cia for that

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Vegas Stakes better be in next month's update

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

RZA Encryption posted:

Oh man, that'd be incredible.

Also, a hockey game. Doubtful, but I'm hoping.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

I can finally play Super Metroid on the subway on the way to work!!

I've been wanting exactly this since I got the Switch and downloaded the NES emulator. It's not a bad game, but NES Metroid suffers from 8-bit repetitive nonsense and throwing-enemies-at-you syndrome. Super Metroid is such an improvement in every way.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

The 3ds has the entire Metroid library except the Prime games on it though

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Detective No. 27 posted:

Please link this extremely cool and legal thing.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

RZA Encryption posted:

With the ability to map gyro controls to the SNES mouse.

Multiplayer Vegas Stakes with drunk friends is still great fun.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I think Vegas Stakes would technically get an M rating now

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

switch fit!! woo

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Relevant Tangent posted:

https://samus.link/

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I've forgotten how different Super Mario Kart feels after not playing for forever. Drifting is way different.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

bobjr posted:

I've forgotten how different Super Mario Kart feels after not playing for forever. Drifting is way different.

Not that I ever would use it sincerely, but I loaded up Mario Kart for a few minutes and tried driving with the thumbstick and oh my god :stare:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Relevant Tangent posted:

It is just an ips file and executable to combine the roms, it actually is completely kosher to post here

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

It is just an ips file and executable to combine the roms, it actually is completely kosher to post here

I'd also like to recommend the Zelda 2 randomizer.

You can play as Error and he has a mace! :black101:

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I think Vegas Stakes would technically get an M rating now

Nah, It was rated E for the Wii and Wii U virtual consoles: https://www.esrb.org/ratings/23087/Vegas+Stakes/

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I will say this about Daemon X Machina, everything that ISN'T the robot fightin' is lame as poo poo. The presentation and characters are pretty lovely compared to Armored Core.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

RBA Starblade posted:

I will say this about Daemon X Machina, everything that ISN'T the robot fightin' is lame as poo poo. The presentation and characters are pretty lovely compared to Armored Core.

The music is embarrassing compared to late Armored Core. I understand they don't have access to FreQuency but I don't think the answer was to veer in the polar opposite direction with butt metal.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Policenaut posted:

The music is embarrassing compared to late Armored Core. I understand they don't have access to FreQuency but I don't think the answer was to veer in the polar opposite direction with butt metal.

I noticed that the post-mission track sounds like a knockoff of the typical AC "mission's over" soundtrack but with more butt lol. I did appreciate that the one pose in the Preview section is a reference to the Alliyah dual-wielding in the AC4 intro and White Glint in For Answer; hunched over with guns spread out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrfE0wiLh_0&t=128s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0GovksIuTc&t=133s

The characters are insanely embarrassing though lol

e: One day a mech game will let us instant kill the other one by jamming your gun into their cockpit

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Sep 6, 2019

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I legitimately can't believe that it's been a full year and Urban Champion is still nowhere to be seen on the service, Switch is truly the perfect console

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Brother Entropy posted:

i would also like to hear some river city girls impressions

i dont do good girl voices, sorry

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
:qq: the first few seconds of this is beutiful.... :qq:

https://twitter.com/Nintendo/status/1169524167797956608?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

If I get the Lite will I be able to add my normal account on it and not have any weirdness from Nintendo for having my account on multiple things? I also imagine that cloud saves are good enough if I want to play something on the TV or whatever?