Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
the UK in general seems to have a huge transphobe problem inexplicably linked to a forum for new mothers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

bandaid.friend posted:

I've heard bad things about UK Guardian, people say it's super transphobic

https://www.theguardian.com/profile/juliebindel

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Still no more news about the Griffith raid, but my money's on the defence advisor having something to do with the leaks about Dutton's domestic espionage

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Sep 5, 2019

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

bandaid.friend posted:

I've heard bad things about UK Guardian, people say it's super transphobic

transphobia is the national sport of the UK

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/sep/06/tony-abbott-attacks-migrants-swarming-europe-praising-far-right-hungarian-pm

quote:

“The vast majority of migrants did not come to Australia to change us but to join us,” Abbott told the conference. “There were the British or the Irish coming in our first 100 years. They changed us but for the better, in for instance the artistic sense.
“The problem with the people who have been swarming across the borders in Europe in very recent times is that you don’t get any impression that they come to join. You get the impression they come to change.
“I mean … you get a million angry military-age males swarming into a single country in a year. They are not there to be grateful, they are there with a grievance. And people who come with a grievance are very different to people who come with gratitude in their hearts.
“There is an absolute moral world of difference between people who cross a border to be safe, and people who cross multiple borders to have a better life. No one can blame them for wanting a better life but nobody has a duty to give it to them unconditionally and with no questions asked.”
Abbott criticised Harry and Meghan for recent comments that they would not have more than two children due to the effects on the environment.
“Having fewer children in western countries will hardly make the climate better when so many children are being born elsewhere,” Abbott said.
A million military-age males, swarming

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

*comes to Australia with gratitude in heart*

*does genocide on indigenous population*

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Migrant SEAL teams swimming to Italy with highly toned abs.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

incoherent fascist trash. he can’t even get his own black armband history straight. “white migrants didn’t come to Australia to change it. well actually they did but it was good so it’s ok”

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

And I'm happy just to sit here,
At a table with old friends.
And see which one of us can tell the biggest lies

quote:

MAN CHARGED OVER EXTREMIST VIEWS

A man will face a Newcastle court today after being charged as part of an ongoing investigation into right-wing extremist ideology.

Police say the NSW Joint Counter Terrorism Team located a number of concerning posts with right-wing extremist views, including threats of violence, on social media earlier this week.

Following inquiries a 43 year old man was searched at Hamilton yesterday afternoon and his mobile phone was seized, which will undergo forensic examination.

He was charged with use carriage service to menace/harass/offend and refused bail.

Police are urging anyone with information about extremist activity or possible threats to the community to come forward, no matter how small or insignificant the information may be.

The National Security Hotline is 1800 123 400.

📷 Newcastle Echo

cool, nazis in my town, great

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Great to see the government pursuing right wing extremists with this level of vigour.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Refused bail is pretty wild, must have been pretty specifically murderous

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

hawaiian_robot posted:

i just escaped and i'm so happy. there's always been an undercurrent of violent tension throughout newcastle, but in the past few years it's become much worse than it used to be. i could feel it every time i went into "white" newcastle. it's not going to be a good place to be going forward

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Newcastle's wonderful rejuvenation projects have led to a rich artistic environment and cosmopolitan dining experience.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

JBP posted:

Newcastle's wonderful rejuvenation projects have led to a rich artistic environment and cosmopolitan dining experience.
credit where credit's due, sometimes you make me laugh out loud

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

hawaiian_robot posted:

just lol if you didnt know newcastle is a hive of neonazis

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

nankeen posted:

i just escaped and i'm so happy. there's always been an undercurrent of violent tension throughout newcastle, but in the past few years it's become much worse than it used to be. i could feel it every time i went into "white" newcastle. it's not going to be a good place to be going forward

“white Newcastle” - I mean that’s most of it but at least mayfield/waratah/Wallsend are becoming less so, Hamilton feels a little less Mediterranean though, but really has the weird undercurrent going on

good on you for getting out though, it can be a weird place

Laserface posted:

just lol if you didnt know newcastle is a hive of neonazis

yeah, I used to live a couple of blocks from some a few years back, and one of the gyms in town was pretty notorious

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
The Tamil family have been given a 12 day reprieve while lawyers continue to fight the government: https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/tamil-family-to-stay-another-12-days-ahead-of-full-and-final-hearing-20190906-p52olu.html

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
stockton hanging on as bastion of white power in newcastle

also dead babies

hawaiian_robot
Dec 5, 2006

this is the guy, seems cool and normal

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Recoome posted:

stockton hanging on as bastion of white power in newcastle

also dead babies

Thanks to the breakwater Stockton isn't hanging on to Stockton.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
pirate pizza though is actually good

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
CCC spares Trad lol

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

hawaiian_robot posted:

loving hell

im alan jones
Feb 1, 2009

the muhammad ali of radio

hawaiian_robot posted:

cursed facebook av

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Oh boy, the coalition wants to drug test welfare recipients again despite no evidence of efficacy. Once again, they don't need evidence because it's "common sense". gently caress your common sense, give me numbers.

It's a loving broken record with this mob.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

hawaiian_robot posted:

Christ that's horrifying

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Intoluene posted:

Oh boy, the coalition wants to drug test welfare recipients again despite no evidence of efficacy. Once again, they don't need evidence because it's "common sense". gently caress your common sense, give me numbers.

So who has the wife in the drug testing company this time?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

God's smart enough to know what is legitimate and illegitimate bacon consumption idiot

Good on you for believing though brother inshallah

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I hope this fellow practices gun safety. Personal safety should always be a priority, as firearm accidents can be deadly

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Intoluene posted:

It's a loving broken record with this mob.

Just extend it to anyone getting government benefits, like the pension, to make it "fair".

But seriously, drug test politicans before they're allowed to enter parliament.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

I'll personally deliver my piss to the minister in charge of centrelink

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Just extend it to anyone getting government benefits, like the pension, to make it "fair".

But seriously, drug test politicans before they're allowed to enter parliament.

Drug test and breath test with a full ban on alcohol on the grounds of Parliment House

Not a shitpost. That exactly what should be done.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Drug test and breath test with a full ban on alcohol on the grounds of Parliment House

Not a shitpost. That exactly what should be done.

This is what BHP does

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

bandaid.friend posted:

I hope this fellow practices gun safety. Personal safety should always be a priority, as firearm accidents can be deadly

I can assure you, they are not. Bacon grease is a terrible lubricant, especially for an open bolt automatic, doubly so for a Minimi based firearm. They have gas regulation issues if things aren't properly looked after. He's just asking for it to misfeed or hangfire once it warms up.

Still confused where the gently caress he shot an F89, assuming he's not ADF (but he'd be in auscam if he was, surely) Good buddies with some TAGEAST operators? Wouldn't surprise me if they were the ones hooning through Afghanistan with a swastika flag.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuFKUYuhfOw

https://twitter.com/JoshButler/status/1169845672075386883

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Sep 6, 2019

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

I cant tell if they meant it or not when they put potatohead's mug on screen at the same time the song goes "Break bread with the enemy".

I mean, its queensland, so of course they didnt, but hey.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

What

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Paingod556 posted:

I can assure you, they are not. Bacon grease is a terrible lubricant, especially for an open bolt automatic, doubly so for a Minimi based firearm. They have gas regulation issues if things aren't properly looked after. He's just asking for it to misfeed or hangfire once it warms up.

Still confused where the gently caress he shot an F89, assuming he's not ADF (but he'd be in auscam if he was, surely) Good buddies with some TAGEAST operators? Wouldn't surprise me if they were the ones hooning through Afghanistan with a swastika flag.

I mean he could be in America or it's not him in the picture are also options given his avatar.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Gridlocked posted:

I mean he could be in America or it's not him in the picture are also options given his avatar.

Its a Lithgow F89, Aussie made, Aussie used. And definitely not something a civvie can get unless they have serious pull, like a Johnny Howard sextape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

hawaiian_robot posted:

“white Newcastle” - I mean that’s most of it but at least mayfield/waratah/Wallsend are becoming less so, Hamilton feels a little less Mediterranean though, but really has the weird undercurrent going on
yeah i couldn't really think of any better way to put it. like you said mayfield to the uni (including the two big hospitals) is the centre of "non-white newcastle" (i'm so sorry, i hate that term but we're dealing with white supremacists so i kind of have to use their language). i lived in a little enclave of multi-origin immigrants and indigenous people in maitland, but apart from like three cul-de-sacs maitland is also "white", as are all the smaller mining towns, like singleton, where one nation got 27% of the vote. i also lived in hamilton about ten years ago and like you said its demographics have really changed, the indian buffet and the old greek men outside eurobar are all still there but the vibe is completely different. up toward islington it's become very gay and that is beautiful, but that stops at the train station and then it's weird all the way down beaumont street