Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I have 2 8bitdo SNES controllers but I'll get the Nintendo one because skipping levels in Super Mario Maker 2 requires pressing -/Select for three seconds, which is also the same amount that resyncs 8bitdo's controllers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So the super kirby clash has massive kirby lore implications with its secret true final boss.

Galacta knight is called 'aeon hero' in this game, and you fight his powered up 'aeon hero (light) form at one point for the true ending where the credits roll. The real challenge comes with 'aeon hero (dark)'. His dark form has him summon the very same heart spears that imprisoned void termina when he flies into the background for what would normally be his 'rain of swords' move. Galacta knight may have been the one to seal away void termina with the power of darkness.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

I have 2 8bitdo SNES controllers but I'll get the Nintendo one because skipping levels in Super Mario Maker 2 requires pressing -/Select for three seconds, which is also the same amount that resyncs 8bitdo's controllers.

that's weird, i haven't had that issue at all w/mine

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Wait no I’m thinking of Final Fight.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

that's weird, i haven't had that issue at all w/mine

Sometimes if I let go of select fast enough, I can skip it without having to resync. This isn't the fancy SNES 8bitdo with sticks and the menu button. One is their OG SF30, and the other is one of those DIY kit boards that I put into an SNES Classic controller.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Detective No. 27 posted:

Sometimes if I let go of select fast enough, I can skip it without having to resync. This isn't the fancy SNES 8bitdo with sticks and the menu button. One is their OG SF30, and the other is one of those DIY kit boards that I put into an SNES Classic controller.

oh i've got the fancy one, i guess that explains it

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Macaluso posted:

Unrelated, during the Direct stream in chat and occasionally on twitter I'll see people laughing mockingly at the fact Overwatch is gonna have motion controls. I feel like anytime some FPS comes out that shows off motion controls as a feature, they get a bunch of mocking replies, and I always immediately just think of that one Doom tweet.

Probably the same people who scoff at PC players who have to rely on playing with a mouse to be competitive.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Pharohman777 posted:

So the super kirby clash has massive kirby lore implications with its secret true final boss.

Galacta knight is called 'aeon hero' in this game, and you fight his powered up 'aeon hero (light) form at one point for the true ending where the credits roll. The real challenge comes with 'aeon hero (dark)'. His dark form has him summon the very same heart spears that imprisoned void termina when he flies into the background for what would normally be his 'rain of swords' move. Galacta knight may have been the one to seal away void termina with the power of darkness.

Do you unlock more classes or abilities or is it just what you see is what you get

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Fluffy posted:

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck we're getting a new Brigandine game?? :aaa:

This is amazing. I love Brigandine. It's one of my favourite games for PSX and I still load it up on my Vita once in a while. Such a neat strategy game.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Does the Japanese SFC app have different games?

They also updated the NES app to give you the ability to remove the dumb on screen control bar as well.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Polygonstaff.jpg

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Pharohman777 posted:

kirby lore is loving nuts and rad

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

RBA Starblade posted:

I forgot how hard Demon's Crest was. Whole lot of use of rewind there :v:

*spends 20 minutes rewinding the same previous 10 seconds of gameplay until finally landing on the moving platform with the rocket belt*

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
if you beat a game using rewind did you really beat it

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Yes.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Actually no.

Might as well use a cheat code.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
The real beating of a game is the fun you had along the way

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

Box of Bunnies posted:

ya'll need to get onto the eshop and download yourselves some Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Just wanna throw additional weight behind this suggestion. Garou is the Street Fighter 3: Third Strike of fighting games that are exclusively popular in South America.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

Box of Bunnies posted:

The real fun of a game is the beating you took along the way

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I don't use rewinds, and it's not because of "really beating it" or a sense of accomplishment. Using them makes me feel like I'm just forcing myself to have fun with a game I don't like, so if it gets to that point I'd rather play a different game.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

I don't use rewinds, and it's not because of "really beating it" or a sense of accomplishment. Using them makes me feel like I'm just forcing myself to have fun with a game I don't like, so if it gets to that point I'd rather play a different game.

Same. I don’t look down on rewinding (whatever is fun to you is the right way) but it personally leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I use it or save states.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

Same. I don’t look down on rewinding (whatever is fun to you is the right way) but it personally leaves a bad taste in my mouth when I use it or save states.

I’m more or less the same way.

That said, I make a habit of playing through the first 4 Castlevania games every October and the rewind system is going to make that task more fun and less tedious (fuckin’ Medusa heads).

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I can't believe there's finally an easy one button way to record my sick Kirby hole-in-ones.

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Brother Entropy posted:

i would also like to hear some river city girls impressions

I'm playing the PC version, so I can't comment on performance (I keep hearing Switch has some hitching) but, through a little past the second boss...

- The base combat is pretty fun once you start keeping in mind that there's enough old school brawler DNA in this game to shift your focus to safety instead of combo video material. Enemies will walk up and interrupt your poo poo all day with hitboxes that largely dwarf yours. You can buy special moves and get a meter you can use for moves to mitigate this somewhat, but especially alone fight scared against multiple enemies or prepare to die a lot.

-That said, death is pretty meaningless. You restart your current screen and lose a quarter of your money. You have to eat poo poo multiple times to before it really starts to feel bad, and that's mostly just because the Dojo is pretty expensive (as for other uses of money, see below...)

- The game is really well animated and funny to look at (the actual script is hit-or-miss)

-The shopping is depressingly boring for a RIver City game. Most consumable items are 'Restore 10% HP' or some variant of that, maybe with a short-term buff tacked on. Accessories and gear are also largely '1% to do a thing' or 'this thing does 5% more damage' and feel VERY meaningless so far. Maybe this improves as the game goes on, but right now I just spend almost all my money in the dojo after buying a token couple healing items to carry around. New moves is where the actual fun is at here.

Mr. Locke fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Sep 6, 2019

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Does the Japanese SFC app have different games?

Nah, only real difference is that Joe and Mac is 3 instead of 2 and Brawl Brothers is called Rushing Beat, a much better name. It's called that in Europe as well and that's why I'd never heard of BB before.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Rewinding to access and win the bonus games every time on Yoshi's Island is amazing.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Have we talked about the Tetris 99 themes being fantastic?

https://twitter.com/attris/status/1169866112810356736?s=20

Best br right now

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

bushisms.txt posted:

Have we talked about the Tetris 99 themes being fantastic?

https://twitter.com/attris/status/1169866112810356736?s=20

Best br right now

Gonna buy that Mario one first to get Tetris DS vibes.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Tetris DS was so loving good!

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

bowmore posted:

if you beat a game using rewind did you really beat it
It only counts if you use real hardware, with original first-party controllers, on a period-era CRT, in a room with period-era furniture, while witnessed by at least one sitting member of congress.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

The Kins posted:

It only counts if you use real hardware, with original first-party controllers, on a period-era CRT, in a room with period-era furniture, while witnessed by at least one sitting member of congress.
I want AOC to watch me fail at SNES games

ColdIronsBound
Nov 4, 2008
Family/Game sharing question. If an account is shared on two devices and Smash is purchased on the account, is it at all possible to play together between the two devices? If not, is it possible if two licenses are purchased on the same account?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

No and no. It doesn't let you purchase once purchased

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/swery65/status/1169759533633175552?s=21

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is it bad? I haven't noticed any problems.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

A good port of Deadly premonition would be a first for the game

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

What the gently caress is the new trailer? Another fitness game?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
Today I got up two hours early so I could get to work super-early -because our company lets us go earlier as long as our 8 hours are done.

But then I noticed the SNES-App had unlocked on my Switch and welp, I barely made it in time to work. No early weekend for me.

Ugh, I'm already counting down the minutes to lunch time... I need my Zelda-fix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Somehow it actually looks better without vagina bones. I also wonder where her hipbones are if these are vagina bones.

Pharohman777 posted:

Kirby is so great. :allears: I'm amazed at how Nintendo keeps adding story elements.