Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Was it just me or did that one federal title where you fight with "ideas" have a noticeably low frame rate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Well I'm currently regretting the Pro controller I just bought.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

York for Smash, you loving cowards.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I have the 8BitDo SN30 Pro and it owns hard. I can't imagine the Nintendo one will be better, there's no way they're putting an NFC reading in for $30

Also just realised the Nintendo one doesn't have thumbsticks!

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Brother Entropy posted:

yoshi's island is still so loving good

its got infinite charm

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I have the 8BitDo SN30 Pro and it owns hard. I can't imagine the Nintendo one will be better, there's no way they're putting an NFC reading in for $30

Also just realised the Nintendo one doesn't have thumbsticks!

Yeah, exactly. The 8bitdo one works with everything! :toot:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

you know what isnt charming is all the poo poo in the aspect ratio border area i can't turn off. gently caress!! sorry if this has been posted already

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Zas posted:

you know what isnt charming is all the poo poo in the aspect ratio border area i can't turn off. gently caress!! sorry if this has been posted already
I'm just really happy they added the option to turn off the control guides at the bottom. If you don't see that option, it's not on the in-game menu, it's back on the game list screen, go to the left and it's in those settings. It's a tiny change but it's so aesthetically pleasing to have off the screen because it constantly drew your eye to the bottom.

I do wish they would finally update with a couple of border choices though like everyone else.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zas posted:

yeah it's gross

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1169971062852993034

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I love games like Joe and Mac 2 which you would never buy but are actually fun little platformers you can play through and experience in a couple hours. It's something fun and worth playing that I'd otherwise probably never be exposed to

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

Does the button mapping work with Switch or is that a PC-only feature? Because if not, the 8bitdo controller's right stick being below the ABXY buttons (I prefer this layout and was sad when they switched away from the Wii U gamepad setup) probably hinders it's usefulness in certain games. The jump button in Splatoon 2, for example, is assigned to the B button because of its proximity to the right stick.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

nintendo doing something absolutely loving stupid for no discernible reason other than to lose good will? say it aint so

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

JazzFlight posted:

I'm just really happy they added the option to turn off the control guides at the bottom. If you don't see that option, it's not on the in-game menu, it's back on the game list screen, go to the left and it's in those settings. It's a tiny change but it's so aesthetically pleasing to have off the screen because it constantly drew your eye to the bottom.

I do wish they would finally update with a couple of border choices though like everyone else.

oh thanks i appreciate it

nothing like indulging in the best aesthetic experience the 16 gen has to offer only to have that nonsense pop up

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did they add that option to the NES app as well?

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

kidfresca posted:

Does the button mapping work with Switch or is that a PC-only feature? Because if not, the 8bitdo controller's right stick being below the ABXY buttons (I prefer this layout and was sad when they switched away from the Wii U gamepad setup) probably hinders it's usefulness in certain games. The jump button in Splatoon 2, for example, is assigned to the B button because of its proximity to the right stick.

The mappings are saved on the controller and work on any platform once they're set up.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
You laughed but if SNES games are loving them up then we are never getting 64

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Inacio posted:

nintendo doing something absolutely loving stupid for no discernible reason other than to lose good will? say it aint so

I'm reserving judgement for the moment. I think Nintendo has shown time and again that doing things the way other consoles do isn't really their thing. It wouldn't surprise me if we end up getting as many or more games now that they can just get them out when they're ready instead of waiting to do a monthly game drip like Sony/Microsoft.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Can the 8bbitdo Sn30 Pro+ pair with multiple devices? Really want to use it with both my Switch and AppleTV once iOS13 drops.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

I'm reserving judgement for the moment. I think Nintendo has shown time and again that doing things the way other consoles do isn't really their thing. It wouldn't surprise me if we end up getting as many or more games now that they can just get them out when they're ready instead of waiting to do a monthly game drip like Sony/Microsoft.

my frustration with nintendo doesn't stem exclusively from them not releasing roms on a schedule, to be fair. my biggest problem with them is that the online experience on the switch is absolutely unacceptable, even more so considering it's actually paid now. but of course it's mostly still p2p.

it just seems like nintendo is either completely out of touch with reality or want to save a few bucks and don't care that it's going to piss their customers off.

kidfresca
Dec 31, 2007

You're kidding, right?

John Lennon, Singer of The Beatles. He wrote the song "Imagine" and was shot and killed some time in the eighties.

Fuck has the WHOLE WORLD GONE CRAZY!

repiv posted:

The mappings are saved on the controller and work on any platform once they're set up.

Guess I'm spending $50 on one then. :backtowork:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TraderStav posted:

Can the 8bbitdo Sn30 Pro+ pair with multiple devices? Really want to use it with both my Switch and AppleTV once iOS13 drops.
The 8BitDo Pro controllers have four different pairing modes: Switch, Mac, Xinput (Xbox/PC/Android) and D-input (PS4), selected by holding one of the face buttons and Start as you turn it on. So you could use the Switch mode for your Switch pairing, and either Xinput or D-input for your Apple TV, as I believe TVOS supports both.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

bowmore posted:

if you beat a game using rewind did you really beat it

absolutely

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

asecondduck posted:

The 8BitDo Pro controllers have four different paying modes: Switch, Mac, Xinput (Xbox/PC) and D-input (PS4), selected by holding one of the face buttons and Start as you turn it on. So you could use the Switch mode for your Switch pairing, and eitther Xinput or D-input for your Apple TV, as I believe TVOS supports both.

I assume that each mode has its own bluetooth pairing, or does that just put the controller in a mode that is compatible with each. If it can keep 4 separate pairings, that's loving amazing and am so happy mine is arriving today.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

bowmore posted:

I want AOC to watch me fail at SNES games

Horny is prohibited.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

TraderStav posted:

I assume that each mode has its own bluetooth pairing, or does that just put the controller in a mode that is compatible with each. If it can keep 4 separate pairings, that's loving amazing and am so happy mine is arriving today.

Sorry, I should have made that clearer: each mode has its own pairing, so yeah, four pairings. Mine is paired to my Switch, my Mac, and my SNES Classic (I have their adapter).

KingEup
Nov 18, 2004
I am a REAL ADDICT
(to threadshitting)

Please ask me for my google inspired wisdom on shit I know nothing about. Actually, you don't even have to ask.
Maybe I missed it but can we use the snes bluetooth controller to play Tetris 99?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Is it really that big a deal that VC games aren’t on a strict release schedule now?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Nah, it's fine. It means they don't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to poo poo something out every month.

Just release good games with reasonable gaps between them.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I wonder if this means NES Online is done. Sure, it's not as good as SNES, but there's still tons of quality stuff that can be added to the service. They never even added Mother/Earthbound Beginnings.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

https://twitter.com/platinumgames/status/1169782292207718402

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

KingEup posted:

Maybe I missed it but can we use the snes bluetooth controller to play Tetris 99?

If it's anything like the NES controller it will "work" in other games just with the caveat that they might not be fully playable with the limited buttons. Like in Tetris 99 you won't be able to select your target with no analog sticks.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Actually no.

Might as well use a cheat code.

I wish Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts had a god mode cheat, but rewind and save states will have to do cause this game is super hard.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was afraid of this but not surprised. A lot of the fan favorites either are remastered / re-released by their respective publisher, or the original IP is in limbo as the company that owned it no longer exists.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

asecondduck posted:

The 8BitDo Pro controllers have four different pairing modes: Switch, Mac, Xinput (Xbox/PC/Android) and D-input (PS4), selected by holding one of the face buttons and Start as you turn it on. So you could use the Switch mode for your Switch pairing, and either Xinput or D-input for your Apple TV, as I believe TVOS supports both.

Wait wait I just got one of these and you're telling me I won't have to use that horrible dogshit Apple TV remote ever again?!?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I mean most of the monthly NES releases were garbage no one would want to play or literally just save states, this doesn't really change anything because you still never knew when they'd be adding something actually decent.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Steve2911 posted:

Nah, it's fine. It means they don't have to scrape the bottom of the barrel to poo poo something out every month.

Just release good games with reasonable gaps between them.

"Bottom of the barrel" implies that all of the good stuff has already been pushed out the door and I for one would like to reach that point as soon as possible

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Sporadic releases is how the Wii/U/3ds virtual console worked, which, if we all recall, is what everyone initially wanted.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Good releases for SNES shouldn't be that hard, I mean the SNES has some of the best video games ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I said come in! posted:

Good releases for SNES shouldn't be that hard, I mean the SNES has some of the best video games ever made.
It also has The Tick.