Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elyv posted:

the planeswalkers deck cards got spoiled today

unfortunately, they're still planeswalker deck cards

Also they are in Moon Language

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
Oko the Financier!

It's trickster

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Cynic Jester posted:

Oko the Financier!

It's trickster

But you repeat yourself.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Cynic Jester posted:

Oko the Financier!

It's trickster

No wonder he was spoiled in Forbes

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

if you really care you can look them up

some of them would be good in limited if, you know, you could open them in a pack

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
The green one is an ouphe.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ate My Balls Redux posted:

I can read them just fine

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
If any of the Brawl exclusive cards break into standard...

https://twitter.com/starcityben/status/1170026605248503809?s=21

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Tainen posted:

If any of the Brawl exclusive cards break into standard...

https://twitter.com/starcityben/status/1170026605248503809?s=21

Lol that mana rock is going to be $15.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
How much are the brawl decks supposed to cost anyway? Kind of want two of them.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Framboise posted:

Magic products don't have an MSRP anymore, after all the intentionally low-print products went way over MSRP.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Framboise posted:

It's a 60 card deck iirc, so probably 20 bucks each?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Are they the decks in the Eldraine preview event on Arena? Bunch of rare land I those.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1170025618232115200

Looks like her name is going to officially be Gynger, Last of her Batch. Putting her in the next Commander set would make Wizards a lot of dough.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS
and I am completely joyless

Don't make me judge you
God those names all suck, it’s the normal sit around making puns poo poo like har har look at how loving smart we are, we came up with names literally anybody could with the task “name a female gingerbread person” also maybe toss a got name in there

It’s like when Chicago had an alligator in a pond recently and the names were mostly just Chicago gator pun names

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

LifeLynx posted:

https://twitter.com/wizards_magic/status/1170025618232115200

Looks like her name is going to officially be Gynger, Last of her Batch. Putting her in the next Commander set would make Wizards a lot of dough.

:frogout:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Brienne of Starch got a laugh from me.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

How frequently do chalices and voids appear in traditional fairy tales?

uggy posted:

God those names all suck, it’s the normal sit around making puns poo poo like har har look at how loving smart we are, we came up with names literally anybody could with the task “name a female gingerbread person” also maybe toss a got name in there

It’s like when Chicago had an alligator in a pond recently and the names were mostly just Chicago gator pun names

Lmfao

fadam fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Sep 6, 2019

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Too bad the names weren't actually chosen by the public and we could have gotten a Ginger McGingerface

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of Gynger, my Cat Draft on September 14th is with Core Set 2020 - if I'd known how fun Throne of Eldraine looked, I would've waited! But Core Sets are better for the casual players who turn out for these. September 14th at 3 PM at Brothers Grim in Selden, NY, and all the proceeds go to the cat adoption center I've been volunteering at for almost a decade. The cats at the Long Island Feline Adoption Center are full-time residents until they get adopted, with their own couches, scratching posts, and even television.

Even though it's not an Eldraine draft, I still wanted to give out a token, so I whipped this up today (pending some better pun-ery in the flavor text. Oh! I just got that. Flavor text.) :

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

uggy posted:

Chance the Snapper and Frank Lloyd Bite are both really good names. :colbert:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

LifeLynx posted:

Speaking of Gynger, my Cat Draft on September 14th is with Core Set 2020 - if I'd known how fun Throne of Eldraine looked, I would've waited! But Core Sets are better for the casual players who turn out for these. September 14th at 3 PM at Brothers Grim in Selden, NY, and all the proceeds go to the cat adoption center I've been volunteering at for almost a decade. The cats at the Long Island Feline Adoption Center are full-time residents until they get adopted, with their own couches, scratching posts, and even television.

Even though it's not an Eldraine draft, I still wanted to give out a token, so I whipped this up today (pending some better pun-ery in the flavor text. Oh! I just got that. Flavor text.) :

Hell yea

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

I can't be the only one who wants his "on an adventure" card to have 3 unicorns, right?

uggy posted:

They own actually

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i too am really upset that they're not taking the name of a gingerbread person seriously

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you

little munchkin posted:

i too am really upset that they're not taking the name of a gingerbread person seriously

I’m angrily hitting the keyboard still

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
Crumbelina is actually really powerful, and smdh that only 19% of people are not fools and can sense its overwhelming spiritual pressure.

uggy
Aug 6, 2006

Don't make me judge you
Gingersnapcaster

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

I voted for kodos

anyway what fuckin modern deck should I play now to beat Stoneforge Mystics ... options are Eldrazi (white for Displacer), Mardu Death's Shadow, or Soulherder. Unless my boxes of MH1 have a bunch of Wrenn & Six in them, Jund is gonna be too expensive to update rn.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I voted for kodos

anyway what fuckin modern deck should I play now to beat Stoneforge Mystics ... options are Eldrazi (white for Displacer), Mardu Death's Shadow, or Soulherder. Unless my boxes of MH1 have a bunch of Wrenn & Six in them, Jund is gonna be too expensive to update rn.

Shouldn't your custom say "suction junction?"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

uggy posted:

Gingersnapcaster
:yeah:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

suicidesteve posted:

I can't be the only one who wants his "on an adventure" card to have 3 unicorns, right?

You are not

chaaarlieeeee

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Doctor Dogballs posted:

I voted for kodos

Multiple people are saying that Grixis death shadow has completely replaced the other types fwiw

Soulherder looks extremely fun from a mirror match that got posted on Reddit after GP birmingham

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

LifeLynx posted:

I wish I were closer I would totally take my kid to your cat draft.

We just adopted another kitty to keep Mewgene Debs company: Field Marshal Georgy Katsantinoscritch Mhewkov.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
That's a deep goddamn cut

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

LifeLynx posted:

Good post OP.

In lieu of any content but trying to stay on topic, I adopted a cat a few months ago. Everyone should adopt cats!

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

MikeCrotch posted:

Multiple people are saying that Grixis death shadow has completely replaced the other types fwiw

That makes me sad, actually. The Mardu version with Ranger-Captain looked a lot more fun.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

oh cool, I already have Death's Shadows... I just need $200 for snapcasters and $300 in fetches. and $100 in spells.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Elyv posted:

the planeswalkers deck cards got spoiled today

unfortunately, they're still planeswalker deck cards

Rowan, Intrepid Sparkmage
+1: Up to one target creature gets +3/+0 and Haste until end of turn
-2: Choose up to two target creatures. Rowan, Intrepid Sparkmage does 1 damage to each. Those creatures can't block this turn.
-9: Gain control of all creatures until end of turn. Untap them. They gain haste until end of turn.

Rowan's Bodyguard
Haste
If you control a Rowan Planeswalker, Rowan's Bodyguard gets +3/+0

Rowan's Valiant
When Rowans' Valiant enters the battlefield, you may search your library and graveyard for a card named Rowan, Intrepid Sparkmage, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.

Garrison Griffin
When Garrison Griffin attacks, target knight you control gains flying until end of turn.

Oko, the Schemer
+1: Put two +1/+1 counters on up to one target creature you control.
0: Until end of turn, Oko, the Schemer becomes a copy of target creature you control. Prevent all damage that would be dealt to it this turn.
-7: Until end of turn, each creature you control has base power and toughness 10 and gains Trample.

Oko's Accomplices
Flying

Fraud of Bramblefort
(8): Fraud of Bramblefort has base power and toughness 10 until end of turn. Activate this ability only if you control an Oko planeswalker.

Under Oko's Hospitality
Creatures you control have base power and toughness 3 until end of turn. You may search your library and your graveyard for a card called Oko, the Schemer, reveal it, and put it into your hand. If you do, shuffle your library.

High school French wasn't a waste!

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

AlternateNu posted:

That makes me sad, actually. The Mardu version with Ranger-Captain looked a lot more fun.

In my experience of playing Mardu, Esper and Grixis Shadow once each, Grixis is the most fun version. Lots of cantrips, can go fast or grindy, basically a perfect deck. Mardu just feels like it doesn’t get anywhere to me. Although playing white does make it reasonable to run unearth with Ranger-Captain as a good target, which is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Voyager I posted:

Rowan, Intrepid Sparkmage
+1: Up to one target creature gets +3/+0 and Haste until end of turn
-2: Choose up to two target creatures. Rowan, Intrepid Sparkmage does 1 damage to each. Those creatures can't block this turn.
-9: Gain control of all creatures until end of turn. Untap them. They gain haste until end of turn.

either initiative or celerite is haste but I doubt they both are