Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

remember, space mom hid the moon in the void for ages. no one is gonna find an orbiter that doesn’t want to be found.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Tulip posted:

pets are way tougher than sentinels, mostly because you can revive them like tenno

You can't do so in arbitrations, hence why people run carrier(for shorter runs) or Djinn(for longer runs)

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
After pumping five forma into a corrosive/heat Ignis Wraith I am very pleased with the results. My Hek, however, is looking a bit long in the tooth, and I'm still a bit away from being able to afford the syndicate version, and unfortunately the Ignis isn't useful in every single situation. I'm MR10, so what should I be looking out for, primary-wise?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The Tenora is great if you're looking for a general purpose automatic, and the Arca Plasmor is a sawed-off BFG that counts as a shotgun in the way the Lenz counts as a bow

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Dr Snofeld posted:

After pumping five forma into a corrosive/heat Ignis Wraith I am very pleased with the results. My Hek, however, is looking a bit long in the tooth, and I'm still a bit away from being able to afford the syndicate version, and unfortunately the Ignis isn't useful in every single situation. I'm MR10, so what should I be looking out for, primary-wise?

MR 10 is where your options open up incredibly, there are so many good guns at that rank.

The Amprex is like an alternative Ignis that's better at single-target damage, has enough crit to be built for either Hunter Munitions or a standard elemental build, and is a sidegrade in terms of AoE, but has less range.

The Arca Plasmor is a giant AoE plasma shotgun. It has the best reload animation in the game.

The Battacor is a projectile rifle with the highest crit rate of any rifle and a really cool "gain charges for kills, then unleash a gigantic laser beam with your alt fire" gimmick. It's like an Opticor strapped to a rifle.

The Tiberon is a very solid hitscan rifle with multiple modes, depending on whether you want efficient, precise damage or an automatic weapon. Or you can make a macro and get the best of both worlds. :v:

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Sep 6, 2019

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I think the future has terrible long distance communications and that's why they can't find our orbiters. Like, interceptions either involve ludicrous amounts of data or like a dial up, and somehow Grineer can't just send a text that's "abort [confirmation code]"

Nalesh posted:

You can't do so in arbitrations, hence why people run carrier(for shorter runs) or Djinn(for longer runs)

good call

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Only Tiberon Prime has multiple modes IIRC? Basic is just a pulse rifle I think. Been while.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Tylana posted:

Only Tiberon Prime has multiple modes IIRC? Basic is just a pulse rifle I think. Been while.

Oh, you're right. Honestly I just assumed they were the same; it fires in burst mode exclusively.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

MR8 has the Stradavar, which has some similar versatility.

MR8 actually has a lot of good primaries. Like Acceltra. And Fulmin.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

they just all require like five forma to sing

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Sample_text posted:

So this has always bugged me, but I don't know if I can call it a plot hole...

Why has nobody figured out to go after your orbiters yet?

We use Void cloaking bullshit, it's also how we're able to stalthily attach our Lisets to ships for a vent infiltration

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

they just all require like five forma to sing

I mean that's every gun in the game. And always has been, at least as long as I've been playing. The only time I needed fewer forma than that to be "done" with any weapon was when I didn't have Primed mods, and there's a pretty obvious trade-off there and going back would not be preferable.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
I just remembered the dark days when you started at 1/30 mod energy after every forma. :smith:

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I mean that's every gun in the game. And always has been, at least as long as I've been playing. The only time I needed fewer forma than that to be "done" with any weapon was when I didn't have Primed mods, and there's a pretty obvious trade-off there and going back would not be preferable.

most those dojotek weapons don't start with any polarities which is what ups the cost of formas needed

Mr Newsman
Nov 8, 2006
Did somebody say news?
I love me some Fulmin.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Terry van Feleday posted:

Another fun fact: You can put a gun on your Sentinel, not run an attack precept so your sentinel won't actually use it, but slot it full of vigilante mods, and your primary will actually benefit from the set bonus.

But if I do this, I won't have my Strain babies.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I unveiled my first riven, since it was a really easy condition.

code:
Cyath
Vexi-loctidex
+10% Status Chance
+10.2%Electricity
+13.2% Range
-9.5%Impact
I think that's pretty good, but I don't know how to determine what I should sell it for, or whether I should rank it up before I do.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

That's a really good roll for a really good Zaw.

Start with Folrun's bot on this discord server: https://discord.gg/HduaANp

It is frequently over-optimistic, especially for melee rivens which tend to be harder to sell, but it gives you a good idea of where to start and see if anyone bites, and then you can slowly adjust your price downward over time.

Maxing a riven out makes it more likely to sell because hey, saves you the trouble, but doesn't generally increase its value very much. 7k endo isn't that big of a deal.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
The first time I noticed some maggots popping off my dog was during dog days and my reaction was "Who the gently caress is throwing beachballs at us?" Then they hatched and all was made clear.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
Anybody got advice for the MR22 test? I beat the first dozen guys, and barely beat the next eighteen, but the last twenty-four were just too much for me.

Maybe the Fulmin was not the best choice. (More likely, I’m just not good enough.)

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Catchmoon.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So what's the deal with this new thing? Do Infested invastions -> visit Emissary Derelicts -> get sigil -> ??? -> grofit?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

yes, but no grofit

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

delete the last two and you have it

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

get sigil, never do it again

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I have a Catchmoon/Haymaker/Splat in the oven right now, thanks. :tipshat:

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Tulip posted:

I think the future has terrible long distance communications and that's why they can't find our orbiters. Like, interceptions either involve ludicrous amounts of data or like a dial up, and somehow Grineer can't just send a text that's "abort [confirmation code]"

good call

Every communication must be scheduled and targeted to send any larger amount of data because every data channel that can have broadcasts has broadcasts consisting entirely of infinitely overlapping Corpus advertisements until it sounds like a recording of a high pressure jet of water that, at intervals difficult to predict, converges to a signal saying only the word "boner" and then fades into white noise again.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

prefect posted:

I have a Catchmoon/Haymaker/Splat in the oven right now, thanks. :tipshat:

If it's the Sedna Arena type test, I did it with Ash and Fatal Teleport/CovLeth dagger.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

Every communication must be scheduled and targeted to send any larger amount of data because every data channel that can have broadcasts has broadcasts consisting entirely of infinitely overlapping Corpus advertisements until it sounds like a recording of a high pressure jet of water that, at intervals difficult to predict, converges to a signal saying only the word "boner" and then fades into white noise again.

Too real bruh.

But the FUTURE

Synthbuttrange posted:

delete the last two and you have it

It's got its hooks in me, I can't but help do each planet as they traverse the system. What if there's something more! I'm expecting a new juggernaut boss for the end!
OTOH this event has to be real real good for fairly new people, very quick turnaround times on advanced crafting materials like fieldron, injectors, and masses.

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Sep 7, 2019

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Anyone else have an issue where the screen freezes on outdoor areas, but the sounds and gameplay can still be heard? I've had this happen at Fortuna on Earth. Other missions seem fine.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Rubix Squid posted:

Does Alad know? I mean you'd think he would since there's no way he didn't have a live feed of the Ropalolyst fight, but if that's the case I feel kinda short changed because I would love to hear him react to finding that out.

Except there is something in every warframe

Just noticed the new derelict stuff respawns not with daily reset, but every time the invasions switch planets, so that's a decent way to earn 1500 Nora rep.

Dreadwroth2
Feb 28, 2019

by Cyrano4747
Salad V was really confused when he cracked open Valkyr and there wasn't a person inside it.
If the lore for a lot of the Tenno guns are to be believed, there is some kind of organization that digs up Orokin artifacts for the Primes and invents new guns and such. Plus the relays are labeled as "Tenno" so I presume its a thing out side of Warframes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah there's a Tenno council.

then theres tenno council wannabes like Hexis fuckasses

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Tace Vim posted:

Anyone else have an issue where the screen freezes on outdoor areas, but the sounds and gameplay can still be heard? I've had this happen at Fortuna on Earth. Other missions seem fine.

the open world areas are a good bit more taxing than regular missions. are you like on the lower end of supported hardware?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Tulip posted:

pets are way tougher than sentinels, mostly because you can revive them like tenno
and Link Health/Armor which give way better results than the sentinel health/armor mods

DelphiAegis posted:

Orbiters can hide in the void which will gently caress up/poison/kill/murder anyone in it. The landers don't have it which is why we get dropped off and picked up so far away from the objective.
I think we've also got, like, Void-powered stealth tech so it's really, REALLY hard to find us even if you're in the right neighborhood

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Awesome! posted:

the open world areas are a good bit more taxing than regular missions. are you like on the lower end of supported hardware?

It's a Razer Blade gaming laptop a few years old. Plays modern games fine, so I don't know what the issue could be. Before the previous patch I could play one of the open world areas fine.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Been doing some googling and it seems like an issue many others have been having. Gonna try some fixes - verifying the cache and maybe disabling DirectX 11

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

I was having freezes and switching to borderless windowed fixed it for me.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just got a corrupted mod out of the emissary vault.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah the emissary derelict missions are just... derelict missions