Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Endorph posted:

river city girls owns

The game just exudes style right from the intro.

My only complaint is how it's easy to switch screen accidentally due to light attack being on the same button. I hope they can fix that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

How that Wilmots Warehouse game? Something in my soul is pressuring me to buy it.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Fun Times! posted:

Arlo made a video saying the direct was lame and his fans ripped him a new buttcrack

lol imagine taking anything said by a puppet made for 3 year olds gimmick poo poo seriously, and then getting angry about it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
This is the internet, if you aren't always angry you aren't internetting correctly.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I am angry at Nintendo for making too many games for the Nintendo Switch.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean I can see being disappointed if nothing announced interested you. It’s not like there is some objective metric.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Katamari is 40% off in Europe. 12 euro for this cute little game?

I think I'll just have to add it to the pile!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://imgur.com/gallery/TkZARWq

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is the real true advertising that Nintendo is too afraid to make

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

This is the real true advertising that Nintendo is too afraid to make

It's an actual Nintendo ad :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VbBM5bbWdM

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Having Supe Mario World in your hands is a treasure

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
That toilet ad needs a wierd hair color and Play It Loud in the corner.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Of course for the German market lmao

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

The Switch is slowly becoming the best system ever.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Louisgod posted:

"becoming"

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

These will go great for my church. I'm Eevee-ngelic

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

There's no pikmin on it :colbert:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Does Nintendo's new free joycon repair apply only to the drift? My launch pair always had a connectivity issue, but recently it seems like it's gotten worse, to the point I can't even play a turn based game like fire emblem with them. I had to burn all my divine pulses one mission just because missed or delayed inputs caused me to move dudes where I definitely wasn't trying to put them.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Louisgod posted:

It has 2/3rds of the Neo Geo library available for purchase, which is like having one of the best systems ever contained in one system.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Tender Bender posted:

Does Nintendo's new free joycon repair apply only to the drift? My launch pair always had a connectivity issue, but recently it seems like it's gotten worse, to the point I can't even play a turn based game like fire emblem with them. I had to burn all my divine pulses one mission just because missed or delayed inputs caused me to move dudes where I definitely wasn't trying to put them.

They've been fixing the connectivity issues for free from the start! They just add a little piece of conductive foam, I think.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Tender Bender posted:

That's an old standing issue that should be repaired for free. I got two sets done for free with connectivity issue. Setup an order and make it plain they need to fix it for free.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Yikes, I thought it was too late because I was out of warranty (this is a second set I bought at launch, I did get the ones that came with my system fixed about a month after launch). Thanks!

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlestheHammer posted:

I mean I can see being disappointed if nothing announced interested you. It’s not like there is some objective metric.

I would be surprised if there was a Switch owner that didn't find something to be interested in the direct

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Katamari is 40% off in Europe. 12 euro for this cute little game?

I think I'll just have to add it to the pile!

Yes, do it. It’s great.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I knew I was interested in Heave-Ho, but this entire sequence just tipped the scales :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItnJ1PaoReQ&t=94s

Just wait until they get the clear :allears:

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Is Gemma gonna be a major character in DQ11? Her voice is really annoying in English and super anime in Japanese

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

a7m2 posted:

Is Gemma gonna be a major character in DQ11? Her voice is really annoying in English and super anime in Japanese

No, not at all.

The accents in the starting area are my local regional British accent and it was just as horrific for me as I'm sure it was for you.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JRPGs should have more british accents

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

JRPGs should have more british accents

hearing a character go full anime in a british accent is an experience

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

No, not at all.

The accents in the starting area are my local regional British accent and it was just as horrific for me as I'm sure it was for you.

Ah that's a relief. Thanks.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I don't know what the recent trend is with JRPGs using British VO is, but it's weird as gently caress hearing all these regional British dialects coming out of Japanese designed characters.

Thankfully you can swap to Japanese VO, but it suffers a little from the fact it still uses the English VO script on the subtitles.
It's still a pretty solid translation, but it's weird hearing him get called Hero in Japanese and reading Luminary in English.

Name changes throw me the most.

Just gotta get my arse into gear and get back into lessons so I can turn subtitles off fully :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Your Computer posted:

Having Nia be welsh in Xenoblade 2 was an especially inspired choice

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

I don't know what the recent trend is with JRPGs using British VO is, but it's weird as gently caress hearing all these regional British dialects coming out of Japanese designed characters.

Dragon Quest has just been doing it since 8 since Square felt it fit the medieval setting.

The Xenoblade games have British voices simply because Nintendo of Europe localized them.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Uh going through the old Nes games before checking out the new ones and Vice is good?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Your Computer posted:

Somebody, find that video of a British MP saying Doki Doki Literature Club.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Xenoblade is the first I remember as well, and that happened more or less by accident since NOA passed on the game like chumps.

People went absolutely gaga over the British voices so I guess everyone started doing it on purpose since them.

It helps that you can do an immense amount of implied background, career, and class structure with British regional dialogue. Not that the average jrpg localisation takes advantage of that though.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Bug Squash posted:

Xenoblade is the first I remember as well, and that happened more or less by accident since NOA passed on the game like chumps.

DQ8 did it before that and it was a conscious decision there. Heck, Final Fantasy XII too.

I'm betting there are earlier British dubs as well.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I wanna say the Dragon Quest localisation writing has been done by a company in the UK for quite a while now, so the overall English-ness isn't too much of a shock.

EDIT: Yeah, Shloc.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
I just applied some contact spray on the outside of the stick. I had some drift but now it works fine.
https://nintygamer.com/switch-controller-drift-fix/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Infinitum posted:

I knew I was interested in Heave-Ho, but this entire sequence just tipped the scales :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItnJ1PaoReQ&t=94s

Just wait until they get the clear :allears:

LoadingReadyRun did a sponsored stream on Heave-Ho, and it is a solid two-and-a-half hours of dark comedy as gruesome accidents happen in pursuit of tokens if you want to get a decent look at the game's level variety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF02w1PRQP8&t=159s
I skipped it ahead a few minutes to when gameplay starts.

Bug Squash posted:

People went absolutely gaga over the British voices so I guess everyone started doing it on purpose since them.

It helps that you can do an immense amount of implied background, career, and class structure with British regional dialogue. Not that the average jrpg localisation takes advantage of that though.

Xenoblade 2 was pretty much because people expected it, and it's quite lovely that Monolith and Nintendo delivered :allears:. The best part was they didn't just get British VA's, they went for the whole UK, using different nationalities and accents for the Titan nations. Gormotti were Welsh, Mor Ardain was Scottish... and the Urayans were Fuckin' Top-Okker Aussies that hated everyone else :australia:.