Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
We Never Learn Spoilers

Little Sister End flag closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
And good loving riddance to that.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
That was a pretty loving great way to end that.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Where are you guys reading this? Manga plus is on Monday and I don't see it on jaimini

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I haven't really read it, I'm just reacting to what Dexo posted under spoiler tags.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I have the jaimini version in my reader app

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

It's up on r/manga as well.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

RatHat posted:

I always thought Borurun was a parasitic dragon but looks like he’s just a head that only survives by using as a human as his body. Probably got decapitated by Crimson.

I did find it weird that his neck looked kind of ragged but also just assumed it was his nature as the "arm Dragon" to look like that. Having more information as well as his old title of the "Forest Sea" dragon it's pretty clear he suffered a major injury in the past and has been getting by on the control of blood all Dragon's possess. It speaks to the hardiness of these things though if they can survive for what is likely centuries as just a head and neck.

I also think a side effect of giving all these villains more interactions and character is they appear more tragic to me. Or more rather some of them do in my eyes. Arnold and the Madness Dragon aren't too dissimilar to Ragna, both were warriors who lost everything at the hands of Artemesia and were then made into dragons. But seeing that brief moment where they realize they are no longer the same people as before, and then realizing how terrible it is to have that devotion and loyalty turned against humanity is super interesting but also somewhat sad. They all have to go at the end of the day, but some of these guys probably had no choice in their transformation and it was the whims of an equally conflicted and mad king that put them in this situation.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Darth TNT posted:

Where are you guys reading this? Manga plus is on Monday and I don't see it on jaimini

Manga Plus version is up now, actually.

I'm not sure it's completely over-over to his sister, so she'll probably be her usual self if not even more aggressive in the future. But yeah, Nariyuki 100% noped it. As you'd expect.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

We Never Learn

it's pretty well noped but my guess is she's still gonna be the younger sister who really really cares for Nariyuki but just with like significantly less romantic theming around it. she's probably gonna end up migrating to Team Uruka for the endgame.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like the new comedy series, even though it might get one-note and will probably be cancelled anyway

fight on, joh mitama

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brought To You By posted:

I did find it weird that his neck looked kind of ragged but also just assumed it was his nature as the "arm Dragon" to look like that. Having more information as well as his old title of the "Forest Sea" dragon it's pretty clear he suffered a major injury in the past and has been getting by on the control of blood all Dragon's possess. It speaks to the hardiness of these things though if they can survive for what is likely centuries as just a head and neck.

I also think a side effect of giving all these villains more interactions and character is they appear more tragic to me. Or more rather some of them do in my eyes. Arnold and the Madness Dragon aren't too dissimilar to Ragna, both were warriors who lost everything at the hands of Artemesia and were then made into dragons. But seeing that brief moment where they realize they are no longer the same people as before, and then realizing how terrible it is to have that devotion and loyalty turned against humanity is super interesting but also somewhat sad. They all have to go at the end of the day, but some of these guys probably had no choice in their transformation and it was the whims of an equally conflicted and mad king that put them in this situation.

I'm the opposite, the more I learn about the dragons the more I want them dead. Artemesia most of all.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Yuiga's little sister is a freaking creep and I'm glad that little arc got some closure.

Mission: Yozakura Family continues to be pretty fun. I like the bomber tweeting while he died.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

dogsicle posted:

i like the new comedy series, even though it might get one-note and will probably be cancelled anyway

fight on, joh mitama

I saw the art and promptly nope'd on it. Knowing my damnable luck it'll get the Naruto treatment and Yozakura will get two volumes and a swift punt up the arse out the door.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

I got bored halfway through.
Mission: Yozakura Family has better art and a better premise.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I can't be the only one who did a double take when Fumino offered a donut. For a moment I expected to see a riceball in her hand.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Doesn't help that the box she is carrying looks like it contained riceballs on first glance.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

I saw the art and promptly nope'd on it. Knowing my damnable luck it'll get the Naruto treatment and Yozakura will get two volumes and a swift punt up the arse out the door.

Mulderman posted:

I got bored halfway through.
Mission: Yozakura Family has better art and a better premise.

the art has a sort of retro vibe esp. in the main character design, and it's rough in ways that make me think of gyagu manga biyori, which is a good association.

yozakura is way more in line with typical sj stuff so i think it'll be fine, unless people just don't take to it's sort of romcom assclass thing

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

New JuJu on mangaplus.

Now I know its downright cliched for a mangaka to have people we know are fine now get COMPLETELY WRECKED in a flashback but that doesnt make this instance of it better.

But the Girl getting cold-capped? That was unexpected given the stakes they were talking about. This does however give the story a path that doesnt end with Sukuna.

chefscientist
Mar 23, 2007

#1 Cockeyed Ghost fan

dogsicle posted:

the art has a sort of retro vibe esp. in the main character design, and it's rough in ways that make me think of gyagu manga biyori, which is a good association.

yozakura is way more in line with typical sj stuff so i think it'll be fine, unless people just don't take to it's sort of romcom assclass thing

Yozakura's notion on how genetics worked turned me right off. The girl is totally normal and passes on the special genes because she's normal so everyone wants to kill her. Weird.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Eh it's a silly concept, which seems to fit the series.
Talent skips a generation. So kill the person without talent so she can't produce super offspring is a surefire way to kneecap what is probably one of the most powerful spy organizations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Rigged Death Trap posted:

New JuJu on mangaplus.

Now I know its downright cliched for a mangaka to have people we know are fine now get COMPLETELY WRECKED in a flashback but that doesnt make this instance of it better.

But the Girl getting cold-capped? That was unexpected given the stakes they were talking about. This does however give the story a path that doesnt end with Sukuna.
I'm still baffled by the whole flashback but I think it's making more sense to me that this is clearly a set up as to the state of the current time where Gojo despises the system and his former classmate is the main antagonist. There's a lot of little things in there- like the former classmate having the ability to dominate/control cursed spirits, which shifts your perception of his connection to the super powerful cursed spirits in the main timeline. It comes off before this like he's just kind of advising them, where now you can maybe take it as he's subtly controlling them and they THINK they're operating under their own will.

Megumi's dad is the antagonist here apparently, which explains some things. Lot of lore I guess.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it wouldn't surprise me if this was the last chapter of the flashback and next week hard cuts back to the current timeline with no fanfare

this is basically kakashi's flashback arc in naruto but jammed into a random point in the story as though the author forgot about it until the last second

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Juju sucks rear end.

Protodude
Dec 10, 2013

Fun Shoe
Juju kicks rear end and is one of the series I look forward to the most every week.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Beastars is the best.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

UMAE WA MOU SHINDEIRU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
*Bayonetta's theme starts playing*

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

It took Deku how long to figure out using his legs and Denji did it in less than 40? Nobel prize mind right here.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Grouchio posted:

Beastars is the best.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Wow, Denji used his head. :D

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Chainsawman Ftw!!!!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

gently caress Chainsawman owns so hard

Kinda starting to remind me a bit of why I liked Claymore

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Finally finished catching up with We Never Learn so I've switched to Seven Deadly Sins and Ban and Meliodas are arguing about their girlfriends while fighting bird monsters in a Wile E. Coyote cartoon landscape hell maze.

Vincent Van Goatse fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Sep 7, 2019

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
To be honest that’s an accurate description of that comic. Meliodas and Ban being a couple of frat bros is easily the best thing about it.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Sep 7, 2019

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/we-can-t-study/en/0/126/page/1

A silly dumb We Never Learn chapter. But I really do think we are nearing the end game.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ConanThe3rd posted:

To be honest that’s an accurate description of that comic. Meliodas and Ban being a couple of frat bros is easily the best thing about it.

One thing I truly appreciate in manga is plots that you can't describe to someone without sounding like a lunatic, and Seven Deadly Sins delivers.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

One thing I truly appreciate in manga is plots that you can't describe to someone without sounding like a lunatic, and Seven Deadly Sins delivers.
I've never really tried Seven Deadly Sins so go for it, sell me on it with that description. :v:

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
Seven Deadly Sins is like Fairy Tail, reasonably entertaining, but you forget 90% of what just happened a few chapters in to every new arc.

What you can remember though is Escandor is the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

seven deadly sins introduced power levels and then made them conpletely meaningless in such quick fashion it would make dragonball blush