Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alighieri
Dec 10, 2005

:dukedog:

After being away from the game for quite a while (before riven mods were added). Got my first riven mod recently and cycled it.

Before it had crit slide, but negative native crit. It seems good, just not sure if the weapon Gunsen is any good. Would it be worth the 7,650 endo to max the mod and grab the weapon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao no

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
pubbed a disruption arbitration and got 21k endo in 35 minutes (plus ephemera and aura forma). I'll be sad when they nerf this

Alighieri posted:

After being away from the game for quite a while (before riven mods were added). Got my first riven mod recently and cycled it.

Before it had crit slide, but negative native crit. It seems good, just not sure if the weapon Gunsen is any good. Would it be worth the 7,650 endo to max the mod and grab the weapon?
never max a riven before trying the weapon out first
some weapons are really good but you'll hate using them anyway

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Alighieri posted:

Depends on how you want to play. Do you want overwhelming power? Do you want to glide around, being absolutely FABulous? Gunsen won't be the first but it'll absolutely be the second. https://giant.gfycat.com/FeminineThreadbareHare.mp4
That said, it's a slash heavy status weapon and I don't quite think that roll enhances the weapon very well. Nor would I really consider it a good slide crit platform.

I don't know the incantations needed to embed mp4s

hazardousmouse fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Sep 7, 2019

NORTH-HALL
Jan 15, 2005
"Barney comes to play with us whenever we may need him!"
The Gunsens stance attacks are just painfully slow, awkward, short range and prevent you from moving while doing it. Maybe it'll get a stance that isn't awful one day.

Malah
May 18, 2015

So, this is my current working Venari build. It could obviously use improvement. I don't have fetch because I have a djinn guaranteeing Lazy Looting ever.

I'm testing hunter recovery to see if it's even worth using instead of just pressing 3 whenever cat goes down. Otherwise - what mods should I be buying off market to round out my death kitty?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Malah posted:

I'm testing hunter recovery to see if it's even worth using instead of just pressing 3 whenever cat goes down.
i assume you mean pack leader. the answer is no. hunter recovery heals you when venari does damage. you do want to use that.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Sharpened Claws and Swipe do not work properly with Venari, from what I recall. Swipe definitely does not. Don't bother.

Pack Leader is pointless since you can instantly revive Venari no questions asked for a small energy cost.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I am almost certain I've seen my venari strip armor

Also am I missing something or can you not customize your venari

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Attack Venari has access to Snare, and loves to use it. They don't have very much opportunity to actually activate Sharpened Claws. As a result it's not worth the slot on Venari, though it is on your regular Kavat (great on Wolfy especially).

As for Swipe, it doesn't work right on Snare either.

It is probably better to just load Venari up with Synth mods and Hunter Recovery.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 7, 2019

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.

StashAugustine posted:

Also am I missing something or can you not customize your venari

also need gene masking kit from market, basic one is 160k credits.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Sep 7, 2019

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Actually, Sharpened Claws works with Snare now it seems after simulacrum testing. So that's a reasonable addition to Venari. However, testing also showed that Swipe doesn't work properly with Snare still.

Same applies to Tail Whip.

Malah
May 18, 2015

I've already got Synth Fiber on my sentinels so that's obviously superfluous. So, Tek Assault and something else to fill slots? Are elemental mods worth using? I'm assuming hunter synergy isn't when Bite exists. Thanks for the help, everyone!

I asked my clan about all of this earlier and got a resounding shrug.... every day I lean more towards joining the Goon clan. I'll be MR26 after I crack and buy a bunch of forma to make the clan weapons and then do k-drive bullshit, I'm running out of reasons to play with the pedestrians and my clan has a discord anyway.

Malah fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Sep 7, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

regular instinct for space. combined with primed instinct on normal cat its fine.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Reminder that the Hunter set bonus supposedly doesn't work on Venari, before you get any understandable ideas about stacking it because Snare does slash damage.

EDIT: ...and neither does Synth Fiber. Synth Deconstruct functions, however.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Sep 7, 2019

Malah
May 18, 2015

I use synth fiber on my sentinel because free armor = yay. I'm aware of the hunter set bonus issue.

I will consider downgrading animal instinct, but considering I used enemy radar on every single frame before I got PIA because I'm addicted to vision, we'll see how I manage. Besides, I have no delusions I'm not shoving at least 6 forma into the cat.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Synth Fiber doesn't give Venari the bonus even if you have the icon up. It doesn't work at all, not even the set bonus (which is not a shock since she's exalted.)

Malah
May 18, 2015

Tallgeese posted:

Synth Fiber doesn't give Venari the bonus even if you have the icon up. It doesn't work at all, not even the set bonus (which is not a shock since she's exalted.)
I'm not using it on Venari. Or ... ah, gently caress, does the buff on my end just mean it applies to the sentinel? I somehow thought that means it gives me the bonus. That's annoying.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Yes, it is supposed to give the companion the bonus, not you.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's mainly useful for sentinels because they can sometimes just eat poo poo out of nowhere depending on how the enemies are feeling that day, so extra survivability is never that bad. pets in general are way easier to keep alive.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Fiber is useful regardless because of its ability to let you pick up health orbs even while full up on health.

This works wonders with Synth Deconstruct and, say, Health Conversion. Or Equilibrium.

But yes, it not working on Venari is not a huge loss, it's more like what else are you going to put there?

Malah
May 18, 2015

I never wanted it on Venari because Link Armor is already incredibly excessive and she's slot starved as it is. I'm going to dig up another elemental mod and the cheat death mod to see how that works.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

why would you use tek assault on venari? if she dies you just push the button

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Synth Fiber on Venari would be funny for the novelty of having 1300 armor on a kitty, but yes, it is not that useful (provided you have it on someone else).

Consider Hunter Synergy, because again: what the heck else are you gonna slot?

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Sep 7, 2019

Malah
May 18, 2015

Point taken with "just press 3". Okay, more damage it is!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I like Pack Leader on my Venari, but I can not and will not tolerate even a slight gap in my double-cat times

Malah
May 18, 2015

Random question, but does it even matter which damage type you're shooting at profit taker's limbs with your archgun? Someone tried to argue the supremacy of mag damage to me while I was just covering a hole in elemental coverage. :psyduck:

Malah fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Sep 7, 2019

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I had a 75% off coupon and then totally forgot to use it. gently caress.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Malah posted:

Random question, but does it even matter which damage type you're shooting at profit taker's limbs with your archgun? Someone tried to argue the supremacy of mag damage to me while I was just covering a hole in elemental coverage. :psyduck:

the limbs or the shields?

For the shields, mag does do bonus damage, but w/e.

For the parts you can only hit with archgun, radiation is the king.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Wow, using larkspur out of laziness to aim was actually the right move? Hoorah!

I made modifications to Venari: double elementals and sharpened claws, put hunter recovery back on, and I'm going to forma the precept slot for Hunter Synergy or w/e other madurai slot I want to move in so I've got room for PAI back on. Thanks for the advice, everyone!

So - is there room in the goon clan or one of the backups?

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Yo, I'm running with a new group, and there's a guy who suggested we run the Index with four Inaros, and it went really well since we were hard to kill. Is MARTIAN MUMMY MASSACRE a viable team build for eventually going toe-to-toe with John Prodman?

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Screaming Idiot posted:

Yo, I'm running with a new group, and there's a guy who suggested we run the Index with four Inaros, and it went really well since we were hard to kill. Is MARTIAN MUMMY MASSACRE a viable team build for eventually going toe-to-toe with John Prodman?

Not really, you want at least the one Fatal Teleport Ash.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Anyone know if the emissary derelicts give MR points? They're marked as incomplete missions but I haven't yet checked my actual MR total

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Screaming Idiot posted:

The ideal team IMHO is

1 Carrier - Rhino and Nezha are best because their false HP isn't affected by financial burden, but Inaros will do. Baruuk, Nova, and Gara are poor choices because even if they out-tank the others in normal missions, the financial burden will cripple their uptime on their defense power.
1 DPS Enhancer - Banshee is my preference for those sick 10x multipliers, but Nova is nearly as good and plus the slower enemies are nice QOL
1 Kill Frame - Not strictly necessary if the carrier has good guns, but a Mesa or Mirage or even Wukong/Duality Equinox can really speed things up
1 Wild Card - frankly even the kill frame was a luxury, so this may as well be a newbie that you're carrying, but hey you can get a Gara, Khora, or Vauban to goalkeep or a second Kill Frame or whichever of Banshee/Nova you didn't take earlier. I don't recommend a second carrier unless you're coordinating well.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
IIRC Mesa is not suitable for Prodman. Time to kill starts to scale wayyy up. But that's just second hand chatter.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i thought octavia was usually a decent pick because her roller's damage starts scaling based on the damage done to it

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Revenant is the tank/carrier king of index. Mesmer Skin is straight up immunity and doesn't care about enemy damage scaling. Take Rolling Guard to cover the 1-2s window of vulnerability while refreshing stacks and Energy Conversion since you're rolling over an energy pickup anyway. You'll get 12-16 charges per cast, which actually lasts a good while against the limited number of enemies in the game mode. You still rely on your weapon for damage, but if you end up with enough energy you can combo his 1 and his 3 to do 90%+ of an enemies hp as true damage and circumvent the scaling via a second route.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Tylana posted:

IIRC Mesa is not suitable for Prodman. Time to kill starts to scale wayyy up. But that's just second hand chatter.

Oh wops thought this was general index not prodman specific. Then yeah you want something with insane scaling.

I've never done it, would a gara/trin combo work? Problem with Gara in index is that if you're going katamari style you're inevitably picking up points and draining energy and ugh.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
If you're going for prodman you don't need to kill stuff fast, you just have to survive for an hour. You need to score some points to keep the clock going, but you can turtle up in a limbo bubble or use Nova + Equinox to slow everyone down to 1% of their normal speed and pick them off at your leisure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malah
May 18, 2015

I would use Rhino over Nezha as a carrier. He's slower, but Nezha's Halo only reduces 90% of damage and once levels scale up there are several attacks that will one-shot him without warning if he's carrying points.

Nezha is, however, great as a wild card frame because long duration Firewalker constantly staggers anyone on it, Chakram's damage amp is very impressive with high strength, and Safeguard helps protect everyone else.