Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which House?
Black Eagles
Blue Lions
Golden Deer
View Results

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

Well SOMEONE has to use this Mercerius.

You can use Mercurius with hexblade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ya know, as fun as matchmaker was, I'm fine with the paired endings happening "normally". You get you pick your soulmate, but why should you pick everyone else's?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

iospace posted:

Ya know, as fun as matchmaker was, I'm fine with the paired endings happening "normally". You get you pick your soulmate, but why should you pick everyone else's?

Because they have poo poo taste

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Man I wish we had some kind of idea what the story DLC would be. An entire new route? additional stuff for the ones we have?

Zore posted:

You find out Jeralt's deal mostly through Alois and Rhea's supports with Rhea being exclusive to BE:Church.

The Alois stuff is especially just some throw away comments he makes in B rank but is really interesting.

Basically Rhea gave Jeralt a dragon blood transfusion over a hundred years ago to save his life and it slowed/stopped his aging. He got real weird about personal relationships after that since everyone else grew older while he stayed the same age etc and its what started him feeling weird about Rhea which was exasperated by her then making a hosed up golem to try to reincarnate her mother (this was Byleth's mother).

If you S-rank sothis does Rhea have to call you mommy

Andrast posted:

Maybe the poo poo taste was yours all along. :colbert:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

Maybe the poo poo taste was yours all along. :colbert:

I know that Sylvain wants to gently caress Felix even if he doesn't

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

Andrast posted:

Well they are characters in a Fire Emblem game so it's a given.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Cuntellectual posted:

If you S-rank sothis does Rhea have to call you mommy
https://twitter.com/Calamitas4/status/1162040674574880768

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I have just learned that Restore can cure Rattled status. Wow. And here I was thinking Restore was mostly useless in this game. Poison is really rare and the other status effects might as well not exist.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

I don't even think Berserk made it into the game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

drat it, because Lindhardt and Petra had an A+ support it took priority over Dorothea so those two ended up together and Dorothea ended up alone. Boo! I’m gonna marry her as female Byleth next game. Maybe.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

drat it, because Lindhardt and Petra had an A+ support it took priority over Dorothea so those two ended up together and Dorothea ended up alone. Boo! I’m gonna marry her as female Byleth next game. Maybe.

That's not really how it works since you can gain supports points after A rank.

You likely just stopped having Petra and Dorothea fight together after you reached A so Linhardt passed her

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

I played this game 80 hours and found out you can press X to freeze frame battles. It’s not even a regular pause because crit animations still play. What a strange game.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Wow I just cleared the underground chamber before I picked up the march ring because i forgot I didn't do that yet

very cool, guess no march ring this playthrough

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Andrast posted:

That's not really how it works since you can gain supports points after A rank.

You likely just stopped having Petra and Dorothea fight together after you reached A so Linhardt passed her

I literally had Petra and Dorothea fighting together almost every turn for the final two battles. They stopped gaining support points with each other which makes me think there must be a maximum? In which case for some reason Lindhardt took priority.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I literally had Petra and Dorothea fighting together almost every turn for the final two battles. They stopped gaining support points with each other which makes me think there must be a maximum? In which case for some reason Lindhardt took priority.

Oh you probably got both of them to the internal maximum of 1000 support. If you have multiple units with the same value it just picks the person who is the first one on he support list.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Sep 7, 2019

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
I'm very close to having all my supports where I want them, but Ingrid and her powerful heterosexuality are endangering everything.

I am throwing her at Seteth as hard as I can.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Amppelix posted:

I have just learned that Restore can cure Rattled status. Wow. And here I was thinking Restore was mostly useless in this game. Poison is really rare and the other status effects might as well not exist.

Yeah enemy gambits come pretty close to being a non-issue when you find this out.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Andrast posted:

Oh you probably got both of them to the internal maximum of 1000 support. If you have multiple units with the same value it just picks the person who is the first one on he support list.

Argh that sucks! But it’s good to know.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The only way to actually guarantee the pairings you want is to deliberately not activate the last supports of the pairs you don't want so they can't gain support. You can activate them before he last battle since they don't have time to ruin your supports in such a short time.

Otherwise your risk maxing the supports out and the game picking the pairs with the dumb list priority.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Rand Brittain posted:

I'm very close to having all my supports where I want them, but Ingrid and her powerful heterosexuality are endangering everything.

I am throwing her at Seteth as hard as I can.

If the Blue Lions are the otome house with Anette as the protagonist, Ingrid is the rival, so it only makes sense. :v:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Just do a separate save file and save the a supports for the post game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Andrast posted:

The only way to actually guarantee the pairings you want is to deliberately not activate the last supports of the pairs you don't want so they can't gain support. You can activate them before he last battle since they don't have time to ruin your supports in such a short time.

Otherwise your risk maxing the supports out and the game picking the pairs with the dumb list priority.

Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking. I’ll know better for next time!

Also how come female Byleth can get S support with Edelgard but male Byleth can’t get S support with Dimitri or Claude?

I hope the DLC story content is Edelgard & co defeating Those who Slither in the Dark after conquering Fódland. I honestly think that if they had one more chapter in Alliance territory and maybe one more in Fahrgus, with two or three chapters of Edelgard vs her Uncle after defeating Rhea, the BE-E route would’ve been nearly perfect.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Just do a separate save file and save the a supports for the post game.

You can activate them before the final battles too since it's really unlikely you will go over your preferred pairing with anyone in just 1-2 battles

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Also how come female Byleth can get S support with Edelgard but male Byleth can’t get S support with Dimitri or Claude?

Dimitri only has eyes for Dedue

quote:

I hope the DLC story content is Edelgard & co defeating Those who Slither in the Dark after conquering Fódland. I honestly think that if they had one more chapter in Alliance territory and maybe one more in Fahrgus, with two or three chapters of Edelgard vs her Uncle after defeating Rhea, the BE-E route would’ve been nearly perfect.

The slithers are really lame, I don't want more stuff with them

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
They're lame because they had no screen time to be anything interesting.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cuntellectual posted:

They're lame because they had no screen time to be anything interesting.

Nah they are just really lame

Game would be better if they didn't exist

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

if theres any post game dlc I hope the game factors in what paired endings you got

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Andrast posted:

I expected them to be something like the Iron Kingdoms Orgoth but we never find like, anything out about them, so...

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
I was struck with a terrible inspiration. Spoilers for golden deer things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3hG4kFcxfU

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Andrast posted:

If they didn’t exist then Claude would be completely redundant :v:. Which is mostly the problem with him.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Yeah that’s exactly what I was thinking. I’ll know better for next time!

Edelgard vs The SlithersIs such a boring Scouring of the Shire set of maps I can't imagine why anyone would want them beyond being unable to think of how else to give Edelgard chapters.

Regardless the DLC isn't going to be that as they said the DLC would not be story DLC 'concluding' anything, each route was designed to conclude as it stood.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Claude owns, please do not speak ill of my boi

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

The only DLC I want is something that would fix BE-E's pacing (not even adding more chapters, just make the dialog feel less frantic) and maybe add the missing CG's to it, but there's no way that's happening since it'd require rewriting a lot of it and record more lines.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Kurtofan posted:

Claude owns, please do not speak ill of my boi

Yeah this, if I had stopped playing this game after first going with Golden Deer I would have been satisfied I think. The only thing in GD I wish had been different was Dimitri, him fighting us at the second Gronder Fields was bad and him dying offscreen was terrible. There were so many other ways he could have resolved. Even killing him myself would have felt like a better ending for him. As it is there's no reason for him to oppose the Alliance and no reason for him to die like that.

Also Claude's endings are weird he just fucks off I guess? Thought you were my best friend bro but w/e

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Claude comes back if you S-rank him.

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996

eating only apples posted:

Yeah this, if I had stopped playing this game after first going with Golden Deer I would have been satisfied I think. The only thing in GD I wish had been different was Dimitri, him fighting us at the second Gronder Fields was bad and him dying offscreen was terrible. There were so many other ways he could have resolved. Even killing him myself would have felt like a better ending for him. As it is there's no reason for him to oppose the Alliance and no reason for him to die like that.

Also Claude's endings are weird he just fucks off I guess? Thought you were my best friend bro but w/e

Second Gronder was so frustrating and even more so that the game forces you to actually eliminate both sides. I spent that entire match only focused on Black Eagles hoping it owuld just resolve once i took em all out but NOPE. All of the Blue Lions I liked just got sent into my buzzsaw for no reason.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Bongo Bill posted:

Claude comes back if you S-rank him.

Oh no I was torn between two and in the end I married Sylvain and now I regret it :qq:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Action Shakespeare posted:

Second Gronder was so frustrating and even more so that the game forces you to actually eliminate both sides. I spent that entire match only focused on Black Eagles hoping it owuld just resolve once i took em all out but NOPE. All of the Blue Lions I liked just got sent into my buzzsaw for no reason.

Did exactly the same thing and then Dimitri got mad that I was opposing him when he was fuckin coming at me with his murder lance. My guy gently caress you, I tried

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

eating only apples posted:

It may be because I played BE-E's route first and then BL, but the Golden Deer's route was kind of a letdown for me. It answers a lot of questions and the characters are very fun, but they lack the personal connection to the plot that the other two routes have. BL's has entire supports connected to their route's plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

(church route mission 3)

Ashe: I'm sorry professor, but I must do this as Lonato's son

Byleth: *hits him twice with a silver sword*

Ashe: okay poo poo on second thought lonato wasn't that great let me join you

i am a very persuasive speaker