Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
Bojo won't be God-emperor, Rees-mogg is going to coup him and lock him the tower

But rees mogg is unelectable so he has to get Gove in first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twoday
May 4, 2005

Game of Mace

foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)
Right-wingers are completely fine with being cucked. As long as it isn't those people doing the cucking.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

twoday posted:

Bojo won't be God-emperor, Rees-mogg is going to coup him and lock him the tower

But rees mogg is unelectable so he has to get Gove in first
And then there's the whole "being Catholic" thing...

twoday
May 4, 2005

Everyone makes comparisons to Cromwell but there are definitely some parallels to the CABAL Ministry and James II to be had here too

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
What the gently caress is this:

I can't place his personality. I've had a weird life and met some really nasty motherfuckers and not through choice, broken people, couple of gang enforcers (you never, ever, want to meet someone who's chosen to do that) and a few actual genuine psychopaths.

He kind of smells like a psychopath but isn't? I'll repeat what someone said a few pages ago, how the hell hasn't someone shanked him at this point - people like that disappear out of life as you get older, largely because they go to jail or get killed.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Hexyflexy posted:

What the gently caress is this:

I can't place his personality. I've had a weird life and met some really nasty motherfuckers and not through choice, broken people, couple of gang enforcers (you never, ever, want to meet someone who's chosen to do that) and a few actual genuine psychopaths.

He kind of smells like a psychopath but isn't? I'll repeat what someone said a few pages ago, how the hell hasn't someone shanked him at this point - people like that disappear out of life as you get older, largely because they go to jail or get killed.

Upper middle class and upper class is filled with dozens of people like him, nothing special about it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the tories have said they're going to stand someone against bercow at the next election to try and remove him as speaker. the levels they'll go to to break absolutely every parliamentary norm is horrendous

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
norms only apply to the left and the libs.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Jose posted:

the tories have said they're going to stand someone against bercow at the next election to try and remove him as speaker. the levels they'll go to to break absolutely every parliamentary norm is horrendous

Labour, the Liberals, the SDP, Plaid, and most recently the SNP (in 2001) have all fielded candidates against sitting speakers

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Bryter posted:

Labour, the Liberals, the SDP, Plaid, and most recently the SNP (in 2001) have all fielded candidates against sitting speakers

How often has it worked?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/TomKibasi/status/1169904652160102401?s=20

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Norton the First posted:

How often has it worked?

They all failed afaik

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Nigel Farage ran against Bercow in 2010 and came in third haha

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

I gave up booze.

Horrible, stupid decision on my part.

twoday
May 4, 2005

Pubs are great but the medieval system of pricing beer by alcohol percentage is ridiculous

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

frankenfreak posted:

Beware his incredible powers!

What's wrong with that bull's butt

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
lol he's gonna try to neg the eu

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

:worship: jupiter please kick the loving brits out they deserve it

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
is france trying to get article 50 revoked

because

it

might

work

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde

power word- Jeb! posted:

lol he's gonna try to neg the eu

Why doesn't he try kino next?

Obliterati
Nov 13, 2012

Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional.
Thunderdome is forever.
When you submit to rule from Paris to escape rule from Brussels

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

poty posted:

because

it

might

work

I bloody hope so, France saving our arses would be about the single funniest and best thing that could happen.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

poty posted:

because

it

might

work
mdr.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Imagine how incredibly smug the French are gonna be for the next 50 years if they manage to save Britain from themselves.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1170779568900321280?s=20

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Broken Cog posted:

Imagine how incredibly smug the French are gonna be for the next 50 years if they manage to save Britain from themselves.

i would indenture myself to a frenchman for a year for this. the tories keep banging on about national service, in fairness

twoday
May 4, 2005

Definitely leaked on purpose, that is, made up as PR move

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

twoday posted:

Definitely leaked on purpose, that is, made up as PR move

particularly given they all go by their full names and titles in the chat lmao

tho I guess Tory scum would do such a thing

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

There has been speculation at Westminster in recent days that Johnson could try to ignore the anti no-deal legislation, possibly by asking the Queen not to grant royal assent.

does it count as the queen getting involved if the PM formally asks her to withhold assent

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Hexyflexy posted:

I bloody hope so, France saving our arses would be about the single funniest and best thing that could happen.

Ask your heart, if you think France is leaning toward "save the Brits" or "Britdeath lol". The French.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Grape posted:

Ask your heart, if you think France is leaning toward "save the Brits" or "Britdeath lol". The French.

Can't blame them, to be honest.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Der Meister posted:

There has been speculation at Westminster in recent days that Johnson could try to ignore the anti no-deal legislation, possibly by asking the Queen not to grant royal assent.

does it count as the queen getting involved if the PM formally asks her to withhold assent

only if she refuses. the queen's constitutional functions are carried out on the advice of the prime minister, which is to say she is a rubber stamp and doesn't make any decisions and just does what the PM tells her to.

however this exact situation is pretty untested i think, before the fixed term parliaments act you wouldn't really get a situation where there is a prime minister who doesn't control parliament and would want to withhold royal assent.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The French are threatening to throw out the Brits every Brexit and every Brexit they chicken out in the end and do nothing, so I don't know why anyone is taking that serious

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

marktheando posted:

only if she refuses. the queen's constitutional functions are carried out on the advice of the prime minister, which is to say she is a rubber stamp and doesn't make any decisions and just does what the PM tells her to.

however this exact situation is pretty untested i think, before the fixed term parliaments act you wouldn't really get a situation where there is a prime minister who doesn't control parliament and would want to withhold royal assent.

yea I know that’s why I asked, I believe the queen had withheld assent on royal related issues in the past? or on military related matters? either way FTPA has set up this situation, really lookin forward to the season finale

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
It'd be cool if a death-cult Tory destroyed the monarchy, the UK, just burned the entire isle of Britain to the ground.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Norton the First posted:

It'd be cool if a death-cult Tory destroyed the monarchy, the UK, just burned the entire isle of Britain to the ground.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

GABA ghoul posted:

The French are threatening to throw out the Brits every Brexit and every Brexit they chicken out in the end and do nothing, so I don't know why anyone is taking that serious

Because deep in every Gallic soul rests a desire to own the Brits, and there's always a chance that it will come leaping out.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Fixed term elections dont work. You need to be able to throw the bums out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Der Meister posted:

yea I know that’s why I asked, I believe the queen had withheld assent on royal related issues in the past? or on military related matters? either way FTPA has set up this situation, really lookin forward to the season finale

Looking it up, it was last refused in 1707 by Queen Anne. Which was something to do with military stuff, and was done on the advice of her ministers.

So yeah pretty untested in modern times.