Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lmao at Kuss showboating the last 500m

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

:co:

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

he was very happy :glomp:

lol i didnt know we had that :co:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

serious gaylord posted:

here’s a replay of that last ramp

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
lmao at soler getting run over there

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Quintana is very bad

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Ooh nice, fistfight after the ad break

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

"Why are you so angry? gently caress you!" lmao

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, I'd turned off. Who punched who?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

goatface posted:

Oh, I'd turned off. Who punched who?

Guerreiro got into it with Hart, but no actual punches. Just a bit of handsiness and then that quote

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker

serious gaylord posted:

i love it :911:

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
i approve of today's stage

edit. I don't think slapping some 5's is showboating, Sagan doing forrest gump pisstake celebrations in the TDF was showboating

Withnail fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Sep 9, 2019

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, it didn't come across as showboating to me, just really American, in a semi-pejorative but still endearing manner

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I hate when athletes in the sports I watch show emotion and are happy. Sepp needs to learn class and how to do it the right way without disrespecting the sport imo.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

vikingstrike posted:

I hate when athletes in the sports I watch show emotion and are happy. Sepp needs to learn class and how to do it the right way without disrespecting the sport imo.

Literally no-one is saying this, it was great. Americans are so sensitive lmao.

In better news Van Der Poel made everyone look like cat 5 racers today and just rode off the front to win a stage at the tour of Britain. Dude is going to loving clown on absolutely everyone at the Worlds if he doesnt crash.

quote:

"He can be one of the favourites for the Worlds. He won Amstel Gold," he said. "It's been three or four days since he won a race so he was probably angry. Or not used to it.

"For sure he's one of the favourites but lets see how it plays out. On a finish like this there are few riders who can match him, probably no one at he moment. He just left us there like a bunch of juniors. We'll see."

serious gaylord fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Sep 10, 2019

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
I was mainly making fun of Americans even more..... If people in America actually watched this sport like they do, say, football, there would 100% be people on Twitter saying the same thing. I'll work on joke delivery next time.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

I wonder if people in Durango watch cycling or if these guys are unknown even in their hometown, the apparent epicenter of American cycling

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
People in Colorado are big cycling fans (at least relative to other places in the US). I'm sure people in Durango are very aware of him. I'm sure his family is known, in fact. His dad was a US Olympic ski coach when Sepp was younger, I think.

vikingstrike fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Sep 10, 2019

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Evenepoel is in the Worlds, right? Though I imagine the Belgian team will be riding in support of Gilbert, I'd definitely give him a shot as well.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Evenepoel is in the Worlds, right? Though I imagine the Belgian team will be riding in support of Gilbert, I'd definitely give him a shot as well.

Yep. He's in.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Quintana is 5 minutes up the road in crosswinds. What the....

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Movistar are chasing Quintana.

What the gently caress lmao. Valverde literally has everyone working to chase Quintana whos still 5 minutes up the road.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Triple posting but whatever they've done 200km at 50km/h average.

An absolutely bonkers stage.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
always good to have a nice easy flat stage at a 51kmh average before a big GC day :ok:

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Well glad I missed this entirely, good grief.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Triple posting but whatever they've done 200km at 50km/h average.

An absolutely bonkers stage.

Oh, I only watched the final 2 km just now. Took me ages to find the right spot because it was way earlier than usual. Now I know why!

e: Nairo is 2nd in GC now lmfao

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

serious gaylord posted:

Movistar are chasing Quintana.

What the gently caress lmao. Valverde literally has everyone working to chase Quintana whos still 5 minutes up the road.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Hey, I know what it looks like, but it's all about protecting the top team placement.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they were attempting to shell Jumbo's riders and it worked, it wasn't really a stupid move

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

superman attacking from over 50k out.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Nairo in trouble again?

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Dangerllama posted:

Nairo in trouble again?

paying for yesterday's efforts. dropped by all the favourites.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Wore himself out. Doesn't have the legs for the stage races anymore, needs to limit himself to uphill classics.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Wonder what the actual measured difference in speed is between an aero tuck on the top tube vs one on the saddle.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Dangerllama posted:

Wonder what the actual measured difference in speed is between an aero tuck on the top tube vs one on the saddle.

There's one academic who's done quite a bit of aero analysis for cycling. Combo of wind tunnel and CFD testing should give decent predictions for a single rider descending (so limited pedaling):
https://www.roadbikereview.com/reviews/study-reveals-most-aero-position-on-bike

And some work for sprinting:
https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s12283-019-0304-7

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.
Yeah they do TTT aero testing with Jumbo at the university too. I walk past the wind tunnel quite a bit, maybe I should camp out there in the off-season and see if they come by :stalker:

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

would be pretty wild if a huge crash took out Roglic.

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

Lol at movistar attacking after the crash.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

HappyCamperGL posted:

Lol at movistar attacking after the crash.

It's movistar.txt at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx
Nielson Powless to EF. Guessing he’s going to be their next TT guy after Phinney does whatever Phinney is going to do.