Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who should have won All-Stars?
This poll is closed.
Monet X Change 17 12.41%
Trinity the Tuck 36 26.28%
club96 84 61.31%
Total: 137 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Asia, Aquaria, and Naomi in a single show? That's enough for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

notaspy posted:

Using my new found knowledge gained from Pose and then Paris is Burning - are Asia and Eureka part of the same house? Or is it like European aristocracy where you have major and minor branches of the same family with the sole connection being someone way back when?

I believe Eureka's "O'hara" comes directly from Gone with the Wind, while Asia and PhiPhi's "O'hara" comes from the drag dynasty/family.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

jit bull transpile posted:

No. Eureka is a big fan of the oharas and asked permission to use their last name as a sort of fangirl thing.

iirc that is why Phi Phi is an O'Hara. Eureka is a coincidence.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

iirc that is why Phi Phi is an O'Hara. Eureka is a coincidence.

Oh right

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
lol at trying to sneak this announcement in while everyone's watching dragula

Variety posted:

September 11, 2019 - Los Angeles. Drag superstar RuPaul Charles will make his first foray into launching a new network television property since the cancellation of Drag U in 2012. Hosted by transgender icon Gia Gunn, RuPaul's Pass Class will feature a faculty of Drag Race alums coaching transgender contestants on their style, makeup, and mannerisms in an effort to help them blend into their chosen gender.

Each episode will feature a number of "classroom" segments in which three contestants will be coached in various topics on beauty and behavior. After their whirlwind education, contestants will participate in a pageant to determine who has most succeeded at "dragging themselves up".

RuPaul's production company, World of Wonder, made a statement with the announcement: "Transgender people struggle on a daily basis with harassment and isolation based on their appearance and ability to blend in with mainstream society. We hope that, with a little help from a few squirrelfriends, we can help the trans community have a truly transformative experience and make a few more people feel safe and confident in their daily lives."

Starting next July, RuPaul's Pass Class will air Tuesdays at 10:00 PM Eastern on VH1 in the US and will be available streaming on Netflix in the rest of the world.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
:yikes:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

oh holy goddamn poo poo piss gently caress that can’t be real

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
holy poo poo

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Hellworld is really just getting its hooks in huh

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
'pass class' are you loving kidding me

Yaramund
Jul 22, 2015

The face of a killer
in a ghostly design
I don't wanna be the one, but I'm gonna be the one

(you should click the text)

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Gross, "Pass Class?" That's doesn't pass as not disgusting, there's nothing CLASS about it, also Gia Gunn is the worst? No, thanks.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Yaramund posted:

I don't wanna be the one, but I'm gonna be the one

(you should click the text)

Oh god dammit

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

Oh my god friends click the text

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

I'VE BEEN OWNED

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

That's what I get for posting at work, I guess.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Thought the thread could use some perking up lol

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

the fact that it was so believable doesn’t say anything good about Ru but gently caress I needed that laugh

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

the escape goat posted:

the fact that it was so believable doesn’t say anything good about Ru but gently caress I needed that laugh

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
gently caress, owned again...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

the escape goat posted:

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!

the escape goat posted:

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Got some pics from Bushwig to share:

Nina West

Soju:

British Invasion queens (tell me the names if you know, they weren't listed in the lineup and I can't remember):

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

:five:

it only had me for a second but goddamn

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Soju looks awesome. Fighting, Seoul cyster!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/pluto-tv-is-adding-7-new-channels-today/

One of them is a Drag Race channel! Fun!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

A little strange that they've been removing Drag Race from all of the other streaming services, in favor or putting it on a free streaming service. I get that it's owned by Viacom, but still a bit of a head scratcher.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib
Is it like an actual channel where you can't pick what to watch? I don't know anything about Pluto

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

big black turnout posted:

Is it like an actual channel where you can't pick what to watch? I don't know anything about Pluto

Live TV and on demand. I just downloaded the app.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

That's a nice touch, I just wish there was a better way to get VH1 live (legally) without having to spend a lot on a cordcutter service. It's the only reason (mostly) that I still have cable.

VIACOM!!!!! :argh:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

That's a nice touch, I just wish there was a better way to get VH1 live (legally) without having to spend a lot on a cordcutter service. It's the only reason (mostly) that I still have cable.

VIACOM!!!!! :argh:

Yeah, this last season of Drag Race I just did the free trial at VH1.com in cognito mode. I do have cable, mostly for Bravo, but none of the Viacom stations are on my cable package.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Nihonniboku posted:

A little strange that they've been removing Drag Race from all of the other streaming services, in favor or putting it on a free streaming service. I get that it's owned by Viacom, but still a bit of a head scratcher.

Viacom's put a ton of stuff on Pluto lately and I guess it's just because at least you can get some ad revenue from people watching a thousand episodes of MTV's NEXT in a row? But Drag Race feels current enough that you could get better money elsewhere. I don't know. I tuned in yesterday to the moment Tyra beat Raven and it was like oh yeah, this show had a budget of six dollars and five wishes. And those outfits! Oh, 2010.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Even with ads Pluto is secretly the best streaming service with their 24 hour MST3K and now Drag Race channels. Plus I can watch Michael Mann's Thief on a loop. Seriously, their Movies on Demand selection is better than Netflix's by a mile.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
Dragula is wonderful this season. I'm going to really miss Hollow, even though I found her a bit preachy when it came to her social views, her looks were so well thought-through and she really brought so much intensity to every challenge.

Seeing Disasterina again made me really happy too.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Deathlove posted:

I tuned in yesterday to the moment Tyra beat Raven

Difficult to do when that moment never happened

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Deathlove posted:

Viacom's put a ton of stuff on Pluto lately and I guess it's just because at least you can get some ad revenue from people watching a thousand episodes of MTV's NEXT in a row? But Drag Race feels current enough that you could get better money elsewhere. I don't know. I tuned in yesterday to the moment Tyra beat Raven and it was like oh yeah, this show had a budget of six dollars and five wishes. And those outfits! Oh, 2010.

Tyra dominated that whole season and it wasn't even close.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
Apart from Snatch Game and the singing challenge I mean...

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

RAVEN
SHOULD
HAVE
GONE
OFF
THE
STAGE
TOO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Ubiquitous_ posted:

Tyra dominated that whole season and it wasn't even close.

Wasn't even close to what Raven did, I agree!

Seriously, though, Tyra winning S2 is what made me go "eh, not the show for me, it's clearly rewarding drama and looks over actual performance." Which, duh, I know.

Also, there was so much mayonnaise on the lens that it caused aortic sclerosis. The first couple seasons are hard to watch.