Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Anidav posted:

Why does Qld love Scott Morrison so much lol

Like seriously

What did he do?

He looks and acts like somebody's uncool racist dad trying to be hip, so they think he's one of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Anidav posted:

Like seriously

What did he do?

How good are non-white deaths in custody

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Anidav posted:

Like seriously

What did he do?
coal

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

Anidav posted:

Like seriously

What did he do?

Racism, LNP is safe vote.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Lambie backs cashless welfare card. It's over.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
How does the card work? Limit you to certain vendors and ban certain items?

Purk
Aug 9, 2017
I cannot wait for the welfare queen buying lobster with their cashless welfare card stories to start doing the rounds.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

JBP posted:

Essentially this

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
If you can feel your hate and rage waning have a quick dose of this : - https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/bushfires-blaze-through-nsw-qld,-destroying-more-than-20-homes/11491042

It's hard to look like more of muppet than any of the current clowns. David Littleproud has a red hot run at it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Looking forward to seeing how desperate people having a hard time do when they're also cut off from nicotine all of a sudden.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

JBP posted:

Looking forward to seeing how desperate people having a hard time do when they're also cut off from nicotine all of a sudden.

I mean I'm cool with people not smoking.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

:hmmyes:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
interestingly, having mental health problems and smoking is wildly comorbid, which was an interesting side-effect when smoking restrictions came into effect in psych units because not only were there patients who were psychotic/acutely distressed/whatever but now they couldn't have a smoke to calm down.

Like smoking is bad yes but also might want to consider the broader social context here.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

JBP posted:

As if the nicotine industry would let our government stop it's biggest demographic from smoking

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Anidav posted:

Like seriously

What did he do?

He hates the poofs, trannies and broads.
He stopped the brown queue jumping job stealing welfare bludging boat people from taking advantage of our great country.
He said fair dinkum, mate, cobber, and/or strewth that time.
He is not a tree hugging work shy hippie greenie.

Pick one as appropriate.

JBP posted:

So, in practice you are going to get certain local woolworths, (or whatever brand the Govt. deems to be worthy of the poor), having runs on bread and milk etc. because that is all that welfare recipients can buy and the only place they can buy it. So when, not if, they run out, large amounts of people will be royally hosed.

And the people that voted for this poo poo, and who implemented it won't care or even know what the problem is, coz their local will be fully stocked, and they also have the option of shopping elsewhere.

This is like drug testing welfare recipients. It is a huge expensive administrative hassle that has nothing to do with helping, or even disciplining people, and more to do with performatively punishing poors for their perceived crimes of moral degeneracy.

Not even mentioning how well the current system deals with getting people their money. Now you add an extra layer of administration, and technology that can break, and gently caress up the people most in need.

BrigadierSensible fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Sep 9, 2019

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Anidav posted:

Lambie backs cashless welfare card. It's over.

people decided that Lambie was Good, Actually because she's got one or two pet issues that she's not terrible on, but she's every bit as regressive as you would expect a Tasmanian bogan to be

froglet
Nov 12, 2009

You see, the best way to Stop the Boats is a massive swarm of autonomous armed dogs. Strafing a few boats will stop the rest and save many lives in the long term.

You can't make an Omelet without breaking a few eggs. Vote Greens.

BrigadierSensible posted:

He hates the poofs, trannies and broads.
He stopped the brown queue jumping job stealing welfare bludging boat people from taking advantage of our great country.
He said fair dinkum, mate, cobber, and/or strewth that time.
He is not a tree hugging work shy hippie greenie.

Pick one as appropriate.

So, in practice you are going to get certain local woolworths, (or whatever brand the Govt. deems to be worthy of the poor), having runs on bread and milk etc. because that is all that welfare recipients can buy and the only place they can buy it. So when, not if, they run out, large amounts of people will be royally hosed.

And the people that voted for this poo poo, and who implemented it won't care or even know what the problem is, coz their local will be fully stocked, and they also have the option of shopping elsewhere.

This is like drug testing welfare recipients. It is a huge expensive administrative hassle that has nothing to do with helping, or even disciplining people, and more to do with performatively punishing poors for their perceived crimes of moral degeneracy.

Not even mentioning how well the current system deals with getting people their money. Now you add an extra layer of administration, and technology that can break, and gently caress up the people most in need.

Yeah I can't wait for EFTPOS to go down for one of the major supermarkets and some poor sod on the dole has to work out how they're going to get their groceries in time then head home before their bus ticket expires.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Recoome posted:

interestingly, having mental health problems and smoking is wildly comorbid, which was an interesting side-effect when smoking restrictions came into effect in psych units because not only were there patients who were psychotic/acutely distressed/whatever but now they couldn't have a smoke to calm down.

Like smoking is bad yes but also might want to consider the broader social context here.

Yeah as a former smoker that would live under intense work pressure, I can't imagine how hard I'd flip out if my life was baseline hosed up and someone just took my nicotine away.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Cartoon posted:

If you can feel your hate and rage waning have a quick dose of this : - https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/bushfires-blaze-through-nsw-qld,-destroying-more-than-20-homes/11491042

It's hard to look like more of muppet than any of the current clowns. David Littleproud has a red hot run at it.

saving everybody 10 mins, david littlproud: "the reality is at the end of the day free market free market free market free market"

the entire country is going to burn this year

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

:shucks:

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Lambie's statement on drug testing is decent

quote:

This isn’t really about getting people off drugs. It’s about kicking people off payments.
You can’t punish someone for being on drugs if they don’t have the help available to get them off it. We have to get the services in place to help people.
The government hasn’t done its due diligence here. It’s put the cart before the horse. We have bugger all in place to help people with mental health let alone drug and alcohol rehabilitation.
The fact the government wants to throw drug tests at everybody but themselves shows plain as day what the real agenda is. It’s one rule for them, one for everyone else. They don’t want a breathalyser at the chamber doors after those long dinner breaks where half of them get on the sauce.
Bottom line is I’m not going to punish people for seeking help and not getting it, because we’re not making it available to them. We can’t cut off a drug addict who’s done the right thing in seeking treatment only to be told they have to wait 12 months for a rehab bed.
They say taxpayers don’t want their money going to drug dealers. What, are they going to test every ABC journo? Every pensioner? Every war veteran? Every school teacher? Let’s get real. This isn’t about who is getting tax dollars, it’s about who’s easy to take them from.
So if this isn’t about respecting taxpayers, then let’s get real and make it about getting people off drugs full stop. You can’t punish someone into going clean.
If the government wants my vote on drug testing, it’s time for them to step up and put comprehensive mental health and drug and alcohol rehabilitation services in place.
They need to show that they are interested in more than punishing people who are on welfare.
If you kick a drug addict off payments, they don’t magically get better.
They just become a junkie with a habit to service and no money to service it with. So what you end up seeing is more cars being broken into, more TVs being flogged at Cash Converters, more prostitution, more crime, more cost and no fewer drug addicts.
Making an addict more desperate doesn’t make them more healthy.
My message to the government is simple: fix the support services and you’ll get my support too. Until then, get off your high horse and get back to work.

clusterfuck
Feb 6, 2004

Anidav posted:

Like seriously

What did he do?

Wait, you still work for courier mail or some news corpse don’t you? Murdoch is climate change for being a shithead, it just makes everything worse.

Just lol if you aren’t getting fat bonuses for loving the planet.

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
just a reminder, making welfare excruciating to live on is deliberate and the aim is to get people off welfare and into the military

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

nankeen posted:

just a reminder, making welfare excruciating to live on is deliberate and the aim is to get people off welfare and into the military

or jail, or drive down wages.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

bandaid.friend posted:

What was the source for this? I'd like to share it with others.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

hooman posted:

or jail, or drive down wages.

Or a coffin, but jails a better industry because it isn’t a one off payment to your mates that own it

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

nankeen posted:

I was thinking I'd be too old for that but turns out they still recruit up to 55 for a lot of roles. Submarine corps here I come! (immediately disqualified on mental health grounds)

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

TheMostFrench posted:

What was the source for this? I'd like to share it with others.

The Guardian's daily blog

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

bandaid.friend posted:

The fact any politican said something that sane and well said is doing my brain in

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

nankeen posted:

Hi, is there a source on that particular claim?

nankeen
Mar 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

Gridlocked posted:

i am a russian jew

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Gridlocked posted:

lol

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

The fact any politican said something that sane and well said is doing my brain in

If it helps this is immediately after she gave support to income quarantining for welfare recipients

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

saving everybody 10 mins, david littlproud: "the reality is at the end of the day free market free market free market free market"

the entire country is going to burn this year
Well except the bit where he says "We've been adapting to a changing climate since we settled this country" Why not have a bit of climate denial thrown on the pyre at this point? Also Aw truups thrown in for good measure.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So considering that no Australian PM's lasted a whole term since Howard, is it fair to assume that Dutton will coup Morrison somewhere along the line?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Venomous posted:

So considering that no Australian PM's lasted a whole term since Howard, is it fair to assume that Dutton will coup Morrison somewhere along the line?

Morrison is the next Howard. He's in for a long time.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

bandaid.friend posted:

It's kind of sad that notable bigot Jacqui Lambie is one of the better members of parliament.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

JBP posted:

Biiiiiiiiiiiillllllll

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

JBP posted:

I guess the real question then is who is going to Crean themselves for Dutton's Failed Coup Two: Electric Boogaloo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Zenithe posted:

I guess the real question then is who is going to Crean themselves for Dutton's Failed Coup Two: Electric Boogaloo.

They'll just keep pumping up his portfolio until his position is permanent rather than making him PM