Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Dawg I’ll just send you the files to edit, I said I can do that for ya haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

JazzFlight posted:

Haha, wow, I didn't realize my Invader Zim house set was worth that much. This is like when I found out my Evangelion Platinum DVDs were worth a bunch too. Weird the kinda things that end up being rare.

Yeah I found that out too... the same week I gave them to Goodwill. :gonk:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I've got an Eva Platinum steelbox signed by Spike Spencer so I think that might be worth even more?

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

JazzFlight posted:

Haha, wow, I didn't realize my Invader Zim house set was worth that much. This is like when I found out my Evangelion Platinum DVDs were worth a bunch too. Weird the kinda things that end up being rare.

Holy poo poo! I own both the Eva Platinum box and the OG Zim DVDs (albeit without the house). I wasn't aware my old DVDs were worth so much! :staredog:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I still have one of the first Zim shirts ever made from Hot Topic. I was always freaked out by that store until that moment. I wore that shirt every drat day.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

mystes posted:

This is a bad idea. You're definitely going to be hearing from their lawyers.

Waffleman_ posted:

This is just about the worst idea you could have had and at the worst time you could have had it.

If they send me a C&D, I'll cease and desist. :shrug: It's not the first legally sketchy Patreon on planet earth (cough manga scanlations cough fanfiction cough), and all the others seem to be trucking along fine, though Viacom being particularly dickish might be a variable here.

(I'm not entirely clear on this, but it seems like what keeps them in the clear [aside from poking companies that aren't huge litigious dickholes] is having it be a per-month rather than per-work payment; this more or less tracks to me, as it's harder to argue that you're selling someone else's content when the payment and the product aren't actually directly tied together, especially when the latter is being made available for free.)

e: Like, I was already thinking an eventual C&D was basically guaranteed from moment one of this project. I am absolutely prepared to just pull everything if I have to, and I'd be very surprised if it goes further than that, all things considered.

CelticPredator posted:

Dawg I'll just send you the files to edit, I said I can do that for ya haha

I'd honestly feel pretty bad making you do that, dude. You've got a lot on your plate already and I don't want to pile more poo poo on when there's a reasonable alternative, unless you really want to do it.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Sep 4, 2019

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Zim will always mean the world to me, so anything I can do to give people more Zim is at least something

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Come And See posted:

Yeah I found that out too... the same week I gave them to Goodwill. :gonk:

Which hopefully taught you the lesson to never donate anything that might remotely have actual value to it

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

drrockso20 posted:

Which hopefully taught you the lesson to never donate anything that might remotely have actual value to it

Oh God, this has become my mantra. I have so many old DVDs and PS2 games packed away in boxes, eating up space in my home. Every once in a while I get the urge to have a yard sale or something, but then I read a thread like this that makes me want to go back and take an inventory of everything I own.

But then I just give up and go play Yakuza some more.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Labes for days posted:

Now that Julia Vickerman has been outed as a pedophile, does that mean Butt Witch was actually the hero of the series?

She wasn't supposed to be the hero before?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

CelticPredator posted:

I still have one of the first Zim shirts ever made from Hot Topic. I was always freaked out by that store until that moment. I wore that shirt every drat day.

I bought this really nice Zim throw blanket from HT, all green and purple. It’s definitely seen a lot of use over the years as an extra layer on my bed when needed.

EDIT: this one, in fact. Dang, that’s pricey.

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 08:57 on Sep 4, 2019

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Applewhite posted:

She wasn't supposed to be the hero before?

I mean that was MY take on it, but I feel as though that wasn’t the show’s intent.

She’s really the only memorable thing about the show anyway.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Labes for days posted:

I mean that was MY take on it, but I feel as though that wasn’t the show’s intent.

She’s really the only memorable thing about the show anyway.

Dat leitmotif

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I know it's not related but I'm going to blame total drama for O.K.KO being cancelled.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Gaunab posted:

I know it's not related but I'm going to blame total drama for O.K.KO being cancelled.

Dude, Total Drama’s been off the air for like nine years.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Total drama is currently in the lineup. Total dramarama if you want to be pedantic.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
For a while they were showing reruns of the old seasons later at night because I guess you get one Total Drama show you get them all?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So i'm watching CN for the OK KO finale, and live tv is so strange. Lego playsets come with AR Apps. Also that Teen Titans GO special with the camping and introducing Bumblebee as the Sixth Titan, is really fun.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
How is Bumblebee working out as the sixth Titan, would you say?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Not too sure, i've only seen like one episode of her being a Titan after the camp stuff. Love TTG, but there's just so much of it. Of what I did see, she's a fun, good mixup to everyone else being horrid people.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Rand Brittain posted:

How is Bumblebee working out as the sixth Titan, would you say?

They worked her in really well I think. Certainly no Poochie-type issues.

I’m not sure she’ll be back next season.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
The Mao Mao episodes were pretty good.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
rofl the most recent mao mao episode is a reference to this video and is completely amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1ljOcl39PQ

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

No.1 Special posted:

The Mao Mao episodes were pretty good.

Early into the first new episode and already two laugh out loud moments. Namely Slim Pigguns preparing to bury another Sweetie Pie alive, and Adorabat's bone collection.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Catching up with OK KO, onto the third season. The ending of TKO rules was very interesting, with KO being so merciless after TKO broke his trust.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Thinking back on it the only thing that annoyed me about the finale of OK KO was that after KO and TKO merged the resulting personality was basically just KO. It would have been nice to see that more of TKO's anger expressed (in a healthy way of course). That's kind of it though. It was a really good finale.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
So, Ducktales is super great and all, but if Magica DeSpell had a billion dollars to donate to Glomgold's scheme, why was she working at Chuck E. Cheeze's?

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Applewhite posted:

So, Ducktales is super great and all, but if Magica DeSpell had a billion dollars to donate to Glomgold's scheme, why was she working at Chuck E. Cheeze's?

Ah, but it wasn't a billion dollars, it was a billion dead souls! :v:

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Probably didn't want to actually give them up for anything. She did think that she'd get it all back after glomgold won.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

kefkafloyd posted:

Which the bank accepted as legal currency apparently. Really makes you think...

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
There's clearly some weird legal precedents in Duckburg given a blog post says that they have a law allowing minors to conduct complex financial documents after Scrooge was temporarily de-aged for a while in the 70s.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

readingatwork posted:

Which the bank accepted as legal currency apparently. Really makes you think...

I don't think they did. Magica was still holding the check, after all.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
And generally the deal with Magica de Spell is that she's a kind of lovely wizard who knows the theory well but can't make it work in practice without a sufficient magical artifact to power it; she first appeared properly turbocharged by the artifact she spends her whole life seeking (the Number One Dime isn't a magical artifact by itself, but by virtue of being the first time of the world's richest person it gains massive sympathetic power) but without it she's back to square one. Pretty consistent with the comics in that way. The main reason why Scrooge dislikes magic; his experience with it is as a shortcut to wealth and power, usually through immoral means, rather than hard work and contributing to society.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

kefkafloyd posted:

Haha, missed that on first viewing.

Her declaration of war against “all children with birthdays” was the best part of the episode. What a great read by Catherine Tate.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
there's a Ducktales thread btw.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3830337

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Whoops. Thanks!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Applewhite posted:

Whoops. Thanks!

There is a
Duck-tales thread
Whoo~oops
I should have gone over to the
Duck-tales thread
Whoo~oops
etc

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

BioEnchanted posted:

There is a
Duck-tales thread
Whoo~oops
I should have gone over to the
Duck-tales thread
Whoo~oops
etc

But this is still the right place to talk about TTG, right?

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
Until it gets a dedicated thread.

I still watch TTG on and off but don't follow it all that closely. Is Bumblebee going to be a permanent member of the Titans or was that just something they did for the summer? I admit I really liked her and thought she fit in pretty way with the other lunatics, er, Titans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Necrotizer F posted:

Until it gets a dedicated thread.

I still watch TTG on and off but don't follow it all that closely. Is Bumblebee going to be a permanent member of the Titans or was that just something they did for the summer? I admit I really liked her and thought she fit in pretty way with the other lunatics, er, Titans.

If you believe the stinger at the end of the season finale she won’t be back, but that might just be them hedging their bets. So far this is the first time I’ve ever seen a show like this successfully integrate a new character and not have them turn into a Poochie.

Still a missed opportunity not calling her first episode as a member of the Titans “the Bee-Girl Has Landed” and have it revolve around an abortive trip to a fireworks factory.